PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-26-2010, 10:47 AM   #1
GeneralIzor

Generalizor's Gamercard
FEAR 1 to FEAR 2

I got this thing going on meaning that I can't play a sequel to a game without playing the prequel. I'm sure some of you are like this too. However I have been offered to borrow FEAR 2 now from a friend and I think it looks worth playing. I have tried to buy FEAR 1 but I can't find it anywhere for a reasonable price. So im ready to make an exemption. So I now wonder if the stories in the games are free-standing and if it would be possible to experience the same play value as if I would play the first game before I play the second ?
Old 12-27-2010, 12:18 PM   #2
TESTUBE BABY 82
Banned User

TESTUBE BABY 82's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralIzor View Post
I got this thing going on meaning that I can't play a sequel to a game without playing the prequel. I'm sure some of you are like this too. However I have been offered to borrow FEAR 2 now from a friend and I think it looks worth playing. I have tried to buy FEAR 1 but I can't find it anywhere for a reasonable price. So im ready to make an exemption. So I now wonder if the stories in the games are free-standing and if it would be possible to experience the same play value as if I would play the first game before I play the second ?
Most of the stuff is continued from FEAR 1 but there a lot of stuff that will be new to the story .your best bet would be to try and get a copy of FEAR 1 to experiance it properly and then play FEAR2 ,thats what i would suggest,oh and try find a copy on the internet
TESTUBE BABY 82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:58 AM   #3
DOBOYX2

DOBOYX2's Gamercard
Yeah, to anyone who is wondering the same about playing any of the Fear games, make sure you play the first one before any of the others. Not only to get the best experience out of the series, but also because the original Fear kicks the most ass and is the best one so far imo.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:35 PM   #4
ReDeadReaper

ReDeadReaper's Gamercard
Fear 2 defiantly has great game play and really brought the "fear factor" back unlike files but the robot you get to drive kind of diminishes the horror. However you cant beat the sweet weapons and the fact that Alma actually attacks you. I say that for me its a solid tie between the two
ReDeadReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 09:19 PM   #5
TTD187

TTD187's Gamercard
I honestly think that F.E.A.R 2 can be played without ever playing the first one but F.E.A.R 3 is going to be using the same protagonist and there are VITAL details from the first one that will be in the third one.

F.E.A.R i not a prequal to F.E.A.R 2. F.E.A.R is F.E.A.R 2's predecessor. A prequel comes after a certain game (or movie) but takes place before the events of the previous. Example:

Halo: Combat Evolved - Original
Halo 2 - Sequel
Halo 3 - Sequel
Halo 3: ODST - Prequel to the series
Halo Reach: Prequel to all other current Halo games
Halo 4: Sequel

Any game that comes out after the game before is a successor and the previous game is the predecessor, I hope you enlightened you

To all of you but Battlefield 3: F*** off!

Last edited by TTD187; 06-23-2011 at 05:44 PM.
TTD187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:49 PM   #6
OptimusPrime76

KnightFall 539's Gamercard
Sorry but your wrong in your list of halo games. Halo ODST is not a prequel at all. The story runs alongside Halo 3 as it's events take place in the same time line just from a different perspective.

Basically ODST and Halo 3 happened at the same time.
People think it's an obsession. A compulsion. As if there were an irresistible impulse to act. It's never been like that. I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either.

Last edited by OptimusPrime76; 07-23-2011 at 08:56 AM.
OptimusPrime76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:45 PM   #7
SexySandslash

Send a message via Skype™ to SexySandslash

BleeD THe FiLTH's Gamercard
Nice one bro.
SexySandslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:39 AM   #8
JRDN762

JRDN762's Gamercard
I would play FEAR 2 first, my opinion, FEAR 1 was kinda hard.
JRDN762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #9
AlmaVerse

AlmaVerse's Gamercard
Play Fear 1 and play the rest if you are interested, but you will live without playing them as the story gets kind of crazy and confusing....they are good games, but not as good as the first nor are their stories as meaningful....oh and FEAR 2 has a very time consuming achievement, which may put some off.