PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Kinect Sports
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-31-2010, 07:55 PM   #31
Xx Overkill VR

Xx Overkill VR's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
some tips for champion volleyball
1) Block as often as possible because it takes no effort on your part and makes the other team scramble back and forth
2) Spike as hard as you can to the back side where none can return it. Keep doing it back and forth and they will eventually be unable to return it.
3) When you see that they are ready to return a spike DON'T SPIKE IT. Simply tap as lightly as possible to have the ball fall very short and they wont be able to reach it in time. If they do manage a saving dive then spike it and nobody will be there to return it.
4) Playing with another person makes this ridiculously easy :P.

Pixels
Xx Overkill VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:31 PM   #32
Extreme Washing Machine

TheMrGary's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx Overkill VR View Post
1) Block as often as possible because it takes no effort on your part and makes the other team scramble back and forth
2) Spike as hard as you can to the back side where none can return it. Keep doing it back and forth and they will eventually be unable to return it.
3) When you see that they are ready to return a spike DON'T SPIKE IT. Simply tap as lightly as possible to have the ball fall very short and they wont be able to reach it in time. If they do manage a saving dive then spike it and nobody will be there to return it.
Thank you for these tips lol, i was only trying this 1 hr ago,
also thanks for the boxing tips too, they worked flawlessly

Gears of War 2 boosting - FR me!
Extreme Washing Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:48 AM   #33
IMport

Send a message via MSN to IMport Send a message via Skype™ to IMport

l The Beard l's Gamercard
Quote:
Have That Too 30
Hit 3 or more consecutive smashes in the Target Smash Table Tennis mini-game

Does anyone have any info on exactly how to do this? I've tried everything but the right way.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:13 PM   #34
Extreme Washing Machine

TheMrGary's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMport View Post

Does anyone have any info on exactly how to do this? I've tried everything but the right way.
When you hit a three point marker the ball bounces up and gives you a smash, when you get a smash the ball breaks through two points. To get the achievement I hit three '1' points on the left, then, broke one of them to a 3 point, and then smashed the other two before they disappear to the right.

Old 01-01-2011, 03:14 PM   #35
legreffer

legreffer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMport View Post

You have to hit a #3 as soon as possible then you will have a smash and smash destroy alot of target. Each time you destroy a #3 you have a smash. Try to hit those on the left side so you can hit them again.

And what you need is practice

EDIT : washing machine, you just post before me LOL
legreffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:03 PM   #36
Extreme Washing Machine

TheMrGary's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by legreffer View Post
You have to hit a #3 as soon as possible then you will have a smash and smash destroy alot of target. Each time you destroy a #3 you have a smash. Try to hit those on the left side so you can hit them again.

And what you need is practice

EDIT : washing machine, you just post before me LOL
haha lol :3

Old 01-01-2011, 05:26 PM   #37
A Twisted Smile

A Twisted Smile's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Washing Machine View Post
I can confirm uppercuts are awesome! seriously its the reason i won (on points)
Technique: Block 3 - Uppercut - 60's night disco
i dunno, perhaps its cos im a goalie and im used too jumpin around
I'll have to give it a try too, I haven't had a chance since writing this because of all the new year celebrations etc, haha. I promise I'll finish writing this up as soon as possible!

Quote:
Thanks for the tips, I'll try them out and include them.

Quote:
When you hit a three point marker the ball bounces up and gives you a smash, when you get a smash the ball breaks through two points. To get the achievement I hit three '1' points on the left, then, broke one of them to a 3 point, and then smashed the other two before they disappear to the right.
Thanks for the tips man, I haven't yet managed to check out those last few Achievements yet, so, much appreciated!

| Retail Games (1000G+): 11 | Retail Games (100%): 7 | Arcade Games (100%): 1 |
| Proudest 100%: Fable II (1350G), Fable III (1000G), Assassin's Creed II (1000G) | Borderlands II (1350G)
| Currently Working On: Dead Rising 3 |
| Achievement Guides: Kinect Sports |

This really needs updating.
A Twisted Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:14 PM   #38
Extreme Washing Machine

TheMrGary's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Twisted Smile View Post
I'll have to give it a try too, I haven't had a chance since writing this because of all the new year celebrations etc, haha. I promise I'll finish writing this up as soon as possible!
Dont mention it, Im close to 1250 so i should be able to give tips on every achievement

Last edited by Extreme Washing Machine; 01-01-2011 at 11:00 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:57 PM   #39
A Twisted Smile

Quote:
Dont mention it, Im close to 1250 so i should be able to give tips on every achievement
I'd have a lot more, but I simply haven't played properly. I've done research, but only while playing like over Christmas with people etc.
And with revision and everything, I just haven't had time to update this properly with those final few Achievements :/

I promise I'll get everything up soon though.

| Proudest 100%: Fable II (1350G), Fable III (1000G), Assassin's Creed II (1000G) | Borderlands II (1350G)

Old 01-02-2011, 05:19 PM   #40
Extreme Washing Machine

TheMrGary's Gamercard
Bowling tips:
I found that the best technique (I tried many!) was simply bowling straight down the middle. However to ensure a strike the ball must hit between the 1 and 2 pins or the 1 and 3 pins. also you must put enough power on the shot to make it a 'power ball' The pins are inconsistent so it may take a while to get the lucky break for 250+ points and to beat the champion

Discus:
To get a strong throw it is necessary to take a step with your left leg when in motion.
Throw the discus in a circular matter; as high as the sensor can read to get the green flow out of the discus. most importantly, a strong throw is obviously necessary but often overlooked

Kilometer King:
The rest zones are necessary to endure 1000 pts even if you are pausing in between. just make sure your entry and exit speed are at pace otherwise you will lose time.

btw, it might be a good idea to credit (and ask) rare for use of their videos

Last edited by Extreme Washing Machine; 01-02-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:07 PM   #41
A Twisted Smile

Quote:
btw, it might be a good idea to credit (and ask) rare for use of their videos
I'll give them credit, although I don't think I need to ask their permission if it's hosted on YouTube, haha.

And thanks for the tips, I promise I'll edit them all in when I get some free time.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:13 PM   #42
Gritzor

Hex Of A Nation's Gamercard
And maybe credit others for tips they offered that managed to make it in the guide?
Gritzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:20 PM   #43
Extreme Washing Machine

TheMrGary's Gamercard
Quote:
I'll give them credit, although I don't think I need to ask their permission if it's hosted on YouTube, haha.

And thanks for the tips, I promise I'll edit them all in when I get some free time.
I do what i can

Edit: Just noticed you got stickied, well done

Last edited by Extreme Washing Machine; 01-02-2011 at 11:19 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:39 AM   #44
MacPhobia

MacPhobia's Gamercard
I got some minigame achievements easily that involve moving to spots or avoiding things such as GOLDEN GLOVES.

Simply have a controller and hit the Xbox Guide. Don't hit the pause button. For GOLDEN GLOVES, hit the Xbox Guide button when you're having trouble, move your arm to where the ball icon is, hit guide and you'll block the shot. Wait for 0.4523 seconds, hit the guide button again, move body part to ball icon... and so on and so forth.

I used this method to get achievements for games where you get tired or have to move your body parts to different areas. You might be able to get BUMP-OSAURUS with this too.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:43 PM   #45
BrotherSic

Brothersic's Gamercard
We are back at Rare tomorrow and I'm hoping to get some more Achievements recorded,are there any you guys particularly want?

My list at the moment is:
  • Kilometer King
  • Target Teaser
  • Have That Too
  • Pew Pew Pew

Also worth mentioning that we have tips video for each sport coming out in January that should cover everything you need to know about general technique.
BrotherSic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:24 PM   #46
MacPhobia

MacPhobia's Gamercard
That's good news!

I'd love more tips for running well.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:21 PM   #47
Extreme Washing Machine

TheMrGary's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherSic View Post
We are back at Rare tomorrow and I'm hoping to get some more Achievements recorded,are there any you guys particularly want?

My list at the moment is:
  • Kilometer King
  • Target Teaser
  • Have That Too
  • Pew Pew Pew

Also worth mentioning that we have tips video for each sport coming out in January that should cover everything you need to know about general technique.
BRILLIANT!
the last few you did were really helpful.
Im having a serious problem with the goals on a roll achievement, its seems to be glitched, but maybe im doing something wrong.
Also, Target Teaser is giving me problems too. I always seem to run out of time, cheers

p.s: out of interest, what influenced you to make these videos?

Last edited by Extreme Washing Machine; 01-03-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:35 PM   #48
BrotherSic

Brothersic's Gamercard
Goals on a Roll is basically luck rather than skill. Just keep going and you'll get it in the end. I think it took me three attempts, but took Ben around 20.

The reason we did them was that it's rather difficult to help people when we are discussing physical movements rather than button presses. Most gamers don't have the ability to record themselves and capture game footage at the same time, so we thought we would help.

You guys do a great job putting together these guides so it's great to see you appreciate the videos
BrotherSic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:06 PM   #49
Extreme Washing Machine

TheMrGary's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherSic View Post
Goals on a Roll is basically luck rather than skill. Just keep going and you'll get it in the end. I think it took me three attempts, but took Ben around 20.

The reason we did them was that it's rather difficult to help people when we are discussing physical movements rather than button presses. Most gamers don't have the ability to record themselves and capture game footage at the same time, so we thought we would help.

You guys do a great job putting together these guides so it's great to see you appreciate the videos
I literally spent over 5 hours cumulatively trying to complete the achievement. seriously. I know its hard to tell sometimes weather or not the ball passed the line but i was so sure I got a 21 streak. What matters is that it finally did unlock (thank god)and I've only a few achievements left.

Its great that you are putting these vids together, i would do them only I cant record them, so its Convenient that the game developer would got out of their way to help the community

Old 01-04-2011, 11:26 PM   #50
Extreme Washing Machine

TheMrGary's Gamercard
For the achievement hunters desperate to get the level 50 achievement,
You should mention the paddle panic technique where you score one point first, then two, then three, as a way to cheat the system and constantly gain xp. however if you just play for fun or are going for 1250g then it really is unnecessary

Old 01-05-2011, 04:19 PM   #51
Xx Overkill VR

Xx Overkill VR's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
For the achievement hunters desperate to get the level 50 achievement,
You should mention the paddle panic technique where you score one point first, then two, then three, as a way to cheat the system and constantly gain xp. however if you just play for fun or are going for 1250g then it really is unnecessary
thats works for all minigames not just that one so its best to boost a little xp before really trying to go for the ach in the designated minigames

Pixels
Xx Overkill VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:18 PM   #52
Extreme Washing Machine

TheMrGary's Gamercard
Quote:
thats works for all minigames not just that one so its best to boost a little xp before really trying to go for the ach in the designated minigames
Yep, that works too, but paddle panic is the best + the quickest to level up.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:41 PM   #53
mewman

watchm3fly420's Gamercard
awesome job! love videos for further explanations
mewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #54
Baihu1983

Baihu1983's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Pew Pew Pew!

Score 360 or more in the Pinvaders Bowling mini-game

This ones glitched for me. 360 is my current best but no achievement for it

3rd November 2012 - Joined the 100K club

IF YOU SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST OVER LIVE PLEASE ALSO SEND A MESSAGE SAYING WHY?

Raptar
Voice

Baihu1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:00 PM   #55
Extreme Washing Machine

TheMrGary's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baihu1983 View Post
Pew Pew Pew!

Score 360 or more in the Pinvaders Bowling mini-game

This ones glitched for me. 360 is my current best but no achievement for it
Ive heard reports that you actually have to beat 360 points. I think it was super saver where some1 got 100 pts.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:13 AM   #56
Baihu1983

Baihu1983's Gamercard

Yeah got it last night finished with 370 odd points. Infact in the last few days ive managed to get the following...

Sharp Shooter

Scored 80 or more in the Target Kick Football mini-game

acquired on 11/01/2011

Sports Star

You're a sports Legend

acquired on 11/01/2011

Turbo Pants

Gained a boost start and boost finish in 100m

acquired on 11/01/2011

Golden Boots

Scored 5 goals or more in a match in Football (Professional or Champion difficulty)

acquired on 11/01/2011

Tornado Gardens Champion

Won a match in Boxing (Champion difficulty)

acquired on 10/01/2011

Pew Pew Pew!

Scored 360 or more in the Pinvaders Bowling mini-game

acquired on 10/01/2011

Invasion Thwarted

Knocked down 50 pins or more in 4 seconds in the Pinvaders Bowling mini-game

acquired on 10/01/2011

Table Top Triumph

Won a match conceding no points in Table Tennis (Professional or Champion difficulty)

Got 12 left to get.

IF YOU SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST OVER LIVE PLEASE ALSO SEND A MESSAGE SAYING WHY?

Raptar
Voice

Old 01-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #57
Extreme Washing Machine

TheMrGary's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baihu1983 View Post
Yeah got it last night finished with 370 odd points. Infact in the last few days ive managed to get the following...

Sharp Shooter

Scored 80 or more in the Target Kick Football mini-game

acquired on 11/01/2011

Sports Star

You're a sports Legend

acquired on 11/01/2011

Turbo Pants

Gained a boost start and boost finish in 100m

acquired on 11/01/2011

Golden Boots

Scored 5 goals or more in a match in Football (Professional or Champion difficulty)

acquired on 11/01/2011

Tornado Gardens Champion

Won a match in Boxing (Champion difficulty)

acquired on 10/01/2011

Pew Pew Pew!

Scored 360 or more in the Pinvaders Bowling mini-game

acquired on 10/01/2011

Invasion Thwarted

Knocked down 50 pins or more in 4 seconds in the Pinvaders Bowling mini-game

acquired on 10/01/2011

Table Top Triumph

Won a match conceding no points in Table Tennis (Professional or Champion difficulty)

Got 12 left to get.
The football mini games plus champion is by far the easiest to get the achievements.

Ive only got the pesky javelin throw now

Old 01-11-2011, 11:56 PM   #58
Vail13

vail13's Gamercard
Quote:
This part of the guide is still under construction / please bear with me while I finish writing it.

Kilometer King 25
Scored 1000 or more in the Rapid Runner Track & Field mini-game

Ensure that your Kinect sensor is placed in such a place that it can pick up the movement of your knees, otherwise this Achievement can be made a lot more difficult than it needs to be. Remember that whilst you're timed, you don't actually need to run quickly; bear in mind that the game registers speed by how high your knees are, so the higher you can raise your knees the better. You're timed here, so it's simply a measure of speed and endurance. The green "rest" zones while giving you a slight time bonus will slow you down significantly if you choose to stop running here. One very useful tip to remember is that you can keep your controller handy and just hit the Xbox button to pause the game if you feel like you need to take a break, and you can then come back to it when you're feeling up to it. Stretch beforehand, don't overexert yourself, and please don't do yourself an injury!
Thanks for this one. really helpful. I alternated with a friend and the achievement was'nt to hard to obtain.
Vail13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:27 PM   #59
Jack1807

Jack1807's Gamercard
I need alot of help with the achievements "Roll them over" and "Comeback kid". The thing I struggle with the most is finding out what difficulty to achieve them on. But great guide and very useful, is has probably helped me get 300g but I had about 750g beforehand.

Last edited by Jack1807; 01-17-2011 at 05:36 PM.
Jack1807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #60
Baihu1983

Baihu1983's Gamercard

For comeback kid just do it with 2 players on or offline

Raptar
Voice