PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Fighting > Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-01-2011, 08:10 AM   #31
Liquid-X

alphaliquidx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegrom View Post
How do you do that air knife throw with her because it's locked out at level 16 for me I can't get the 10 in the air it's kinda annoying
You dont need that move. You have to *headstomp* enemies ten consecutive times (Press "Y" while in the air), not use her special attack ("Y" + Down while in the air). Her headstomp unlocks at level 4.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:17 PM   #32
Doktor Wilhelm

Location: North East, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol System.

Doktor Wilhelm's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm not after stepping on anyone's toes, but I just though I'd reword (90%) and reformat (99%) NoMansLand 666 guide (though I've not used the additional methods from others), to make it more guide like!
Also my first attempt at anything guide like (not posted it as a seperate thread, since it's not all my work, just wanted to see if I could do it)!

It's all in the reflexes - 10G
Catch a flying object at least 25 times with Knives.

At level 4 Kinves gains a move that allows her to grab items thrown at her via pressing , best done in the new Battle Royale game mode that comes with the DLC (2 controllers needed); Select Knives as player 1 and any other character for player 2, use the 2nd controller to throw items (press to pick up an item and to throw) at player 1 and catch them using .

Can also be done in Single Player, but will take much longer and be harder.

Ninja Somersault - 20
Perform at least 10 consecutive head stomps successfully with Knives.

At level 11 Knives learns the head stomp move: Jump + .
Use Survival Horror Mode (access via cheat code) and Kill between around 100 zombies, so that the screen fills up with more zombies and try to make them gather at the base of the screen, and then use head stomp on them 10 times in a row, without touching the floor.

Zombie Survival Mode
at the Title Screen

Speed Run - 20
Cleared the game in 90 minutes or less with Knives

Just play through With Knives from the first stage to the last on Average Joe difficulty, to speed things up you can use the power of love sword.

If you want to be max level before starting and don't have the money to move over from another character, you may also use the Konami Code Money Trick as described in This Thread until you have about $700.00 and then pay off Scott's Late fees in No Account Video and level Knives up (buy 'Seven Shaolin Masters' 10 time and then 'Alone and Disturbed' until you are level 16), before starting again from the first stage.

Power of Love sword unlocked at any stage
at the Title Screen

"Video games don't affect kids. If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Marcus Brigstocke

Last edited by Doktor Wilhelm; 01-03-2011 at 06:16 PM. Reason: A bit of rewording.
Doktor Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:23 PM   #33
AndysEvilLaugh

AndysEvilLaugh's Gamercard
Thanks it helped me out a bit.
AndysEvilLaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:20 PM   #34
Professor Pie

Jedgesaurus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Kyuss View Post
Well the achievement description does state with Knives only, so I would assume it means single-player only. I ran through the entire game in it's entirety considering I had yet to begin the game with Knives.
It has to be done in single player. Just tried it in co-op with Knives and Scott, and it didn't unlock at the end. Afterwards I ran through the game again with Knives only and it unlocked as soon as I beat Gideon. You don't have to reset your data or anything either, just simply play all the levels in order. Took about 40ish minutes to rush through it all with a level 16 maxed out Knives with the Power of Love sword on.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:18 AM   #35
AZNsupermarket

EricSuhx's Gamercard
A big part of the trick of this achievement is to sign in the second character as Ramona and hit LB (the button that makes knives appear with coffee). When knives appears for Ramona, she speeds everyone else up. That makes doing 10 stomps go a lot faster, and for some reason, it makes knives' down+y in the air attack push her further into the air. This makes this achievement ridiculously easy to do in the fight against giant gideon as the previously posted youtube video demonstrates.
AZNsupermarket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:26 PM   #36
UCB Disco

Disco Penguins's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZNsupermarket View Post
A big part of the trick of this achievement is to sign in the second character as Ramona and hit LB (the button that makes knives appear with coffee). When knives appears for Ramona, she speeds everyone else up. That makes doing 10 stomps go a lot faster, and for some reason, it makes knives' down+y in the air attack push her further into the air. This makes this achievement ridiculously easy to do in the fight against giant gideon as the previously posted youtube video demonstrates.
I got lucky without doing it that way, but that sounds much, much, MUCH easier. I did it by myself after the 20th (or so) attempt, and Gigadeon just stood there a little longer than normal. Works for me. 100%ed Scott Pilgrim.

UCB Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:06 AM   #37
NoMansLand 666

NoMansLand 666's Gamercard
I don't view as stepping on my toes, lol. I openly said in the opening post it was my first attempt and that it was crap.

Did you get the pictures off of the main achievement list? Couldn't work that bit of it out when I was doing it (the achievement list wasn't live on this site when I made it).
NoMansLand 666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:34 AM   #38
UCB Disco

Disco Penguins's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLand 666 View Post
I don't view as stepping on my toes, lol. I openly said in the opening post it was my first attempt and that it was crap.

Did you get the pictures off of the main achievement list? Couldn't work that bit of it out when I was doing it (the achievement list wasn't live on this site when I made it).
Couple things to help you out;

1) You're not supposed to make achievement guides or roadmaps until you have at least 100 posts. That's apparent forum rules.

2) You have to include the unlocked pictures from your Xbox.com profile page. Now that Xbox.com has been updated, no one can see unlocked pictures unless they have the achievement unlocked themselves.

3) Be extremely descriptive. You don't want readers not understanding exactly what you're saying. As a writer, you want to capture their thinking and inform them as to exactly what you did to unlock the achievement(s). Being vague hurts communication and causes a lot of frustration among forum members. Go into extreme detail, even if you have to mention, "At the precise time Gigadeon's hair flairs white...". That kind of description helps the reader to know what you're talking about without having to see a video. With any guide, you'll want to do this.

4) Lastly, never repeat the achievement description. That's just tacky.

Hope that helps.

UCB Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:26 PM   #39
Doktor Wilhelm

Location: North East, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol System.

Doktor Wilhelm's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLand 666 View Post

It's more that I felt that all I had done was reword your guide (it was all I'd done at first, until I changed a bit more and then changed it a few more times, lol) and added the achievements tiles (yeah, the achievements list was updated when I got them, this site usually doesn't update the list until the achievements appear of xbox.com, so it took awhile for the to appear).

"Video games don't affect kids. If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Marcus Brigstocke
Doktor Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:32 PM   #40
NoMansLand 666

NoMansLand 666's Gamercard
@UCB Disco

Cheers for the advice. I'd used the Forum FAQ for that and didn't see anything about the 100 posts before writing a guide bit. Ah well, I can write the first attempt off as a failure and hopefully do better next time.
NoMansLand 666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:02 AM   #41
Grizzlegrom

Grizzlegrom's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid-X View Post
You dont need that move. You have to *headstomp* enemies ten consecutive times (Press "Y" while in the air), not use her special attack ("Y" + Down while in the air). Her headstomp unlocks at level 4.

the video guide showed using the move and it looked useful to have

Retail 100%
Rock Band 2, KR: AI Encore, Oblivion, Soul Calibur 4, Samurai Warriors 2 Empires, Fuzion Frenzy 2, TMNT, CSI, Avatar, Disney Sing It, NBA Live 07, NBA 2K6, Madden 06, Madden 09, College Hoops 2K6, MLB 2K6

Arcade 100%
Puzzle Quest, Castle Crashers, Soul Calibur, Fatal Fury Special, Duke Nukem 3D, Sonic The Hedgehog 2, Golden Axe, Castlevania SOTN, Galaga, Pac-Man, Pac-Man C.E., Ms. Pac-Man, Live Draft Tracker

</a>
Grizzlegrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:07 AM   #42
RadiantViper

radiantviper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCB Disco View Post
2) You have to include the unlocked pictures from your Xbox.com profile page. Now that Xbox.com has been updated, no one can see unlocked pictures unless they have the achievement unlocked themselves.
You use the ones from the achievement list on the site, they will get updated in time. And I don't see any repeating of the achievement descriptions ... ?
RadiantViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:53 AM   #43
T-Hybrid

Torhu Hybrid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid-X View Post
Headstomp is Level 10 (or a bit later). The other move (the ability to catch things) I believe is built into the character when you first start playing it.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:26 PM   #44
prizeless

prizeless's Gamercard
Wow I'm really hating this game right now. First the chaudown achievement glitch and now I never got the speed run achievement because the stupid game locked up on the very last form of Gideon. I feel like attacking something right now.

See My XBOX 360 Game Collection
prizeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:54 PM   #45
Rebel Blue7

Rebel Blue7's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xscapist View Post
Does the 90 minutes have to be done in a single sitting, or can you quit out and resume later and it'll pick up where it left off?
My game froze the Xbox just after I purchased the Tech Attach 2 at Mobile's Secret Shop. I restarted the Xbox and tried again from the start of level 6. Even though I had at least 15 minutes to spare between the combined attempts, no Speed Run. So if your game glitches, start over from the beginning.
Rebel Blue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:35 AM   #46
OzzieArcane

Ozzie Arcane's Gamercard
Got somersault off Gideon. Seems to help if you get him just as he's floating back over from doing this lightning attack since it gives you a little extra time before he slams his fists down.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:17 PM   #47
tdworldbreaker

Send a message via AIM to tdworldbreaker Send a message via MSN to tdworldbreaker

TD BradleyHeat's Gamercard
I've tried to do Speed Run twice now. Once I did it with my brother only to realize it doesn't unlock when you play co-op, so I did it again this morning by myself and I was already level 16 and maxed when I beat it in less than an hour and still no achievement. Is it another glitch or am I just doing it wrong? I played every level from start to finish, I'll try it again and see what happens I guess.

tdworldbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:43 AM   #48
tdworldbreaker

Send a message via AIM to tdworldbreaker Send a message via MSN to tdworldbreaker

TD BradleyHeat's Gamercard
I redid it and I got it. I'm not sure what I did wrong but the time I did it solo I fought Mr. Chau so maybe you can't fight him? I don't see what the difference was cause it didn't take that long but I guess you can't fight him.

So I would like someone else to verify if you can or cannot fight Mr. Chau during your speed run.

tdworldbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:43 AM   #49
Reno Zero

Scarlet Rain X's Gamercard
Exclamation

Seeing as this takes away one of my completed games, I guess I have 3 new achievements to sweep.

Also use the love sword while your level 16 for your speed runs, it will speed things up. The code was (I THINK) X, X, X, A, B, A, Y at the title screen.

Last edited by Reno Zero; 01-08-2011 at 08:46 AM.
Reno Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:37 PM   #50
T0b3

Send a message via ICQ to T0b3 Send a message via AIM to T0b3 Send a message via MSN to T0b3 Send a message via Yahoo to T0b3 Send a message via Skype™ to T0b3

t0b3 zero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
OP's method for Ninja Somersault doesn't work at all.
Gonna try out that other method now..

100% Retail:
44 | 100% Arcade: 92
trueachievements
99999 GS achieved 09/07/2011
T0b3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:32 AM   #51
Zukin-Man

Iron Chef Howie's Gamercard
Found a rather simple way to get It's All In The Reflexes in Single Player.

Fight your way to Todd Ingram. Once the fight in the alley starts, sit in the bottom-left corner of the screen. This will often cause him to make all of the debris in the alley float and fly everywhere. Just before he actually launches the debris, hit B to attempt to catch an item. With so many items flying around, you're bound to catch something on most attempts. After the garbage just starts to float, you can move to a more central location in the alley to increase your chances of grabbing an item, but return to the corner to maximize the chances of Todd throwing the garbage around again. If too much of the trash gets damaged and destroyed, either quit to the map screen or finish Todd off and repeat the process.

NOTE: It's recommended to wait until you have high defense to use this method. Even though you'll catch the first item that comes in contact with you, it's possible that another item or two out of that alley full of garbage will hit you. Also, while sitting in the corner, Todd will occasionally use his "Force choke". While fast button-mashers can get away with only being damaged once or twice during this, high defense is still recommended to minimize damage.
Zukin-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:28 AM   #52
NathAttack

NathAttack's Gamercard
Ugh, the Gideon method for Ninja Somersault is bad but the zombie one is worse. Horrible achievement to round off an otherwise awesome experience.

Oh well, done now.

Most proud completion: IKARUGA - 200/200

First
on x360a (and first in Australia, according to MGC.net) to complete Green Day: Rock Band
First
on x360a (and first in Australia, according to MGC.net) to complete Dance Central
NathAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:11 PM   #53
Lisp

Lispless's Gamercard
It's all in the Reflexes; fastest and easiest method:
This can be done while going for Speed Run or whenever. During the movie set sequence in the second level (can't remember the boss' name) there is an area where the director hops in the middle off the screen and shouts some stuff. He abruptly absconds and you are left to fight some dinosaur/alien actors. Kill all but one and pick up a rock. Try not to hit the remaining bad guy, dash-throw your rock at either end of screen and hold B. That's it. Just throw the rock and hold B 25 times. As long as the screen in locked on a particular area the rock will ricochet between the sides of the screen until in loses momentum or you catch it (or hits you). If you don't get it right then and there, there is a different scene a few second away. A bomb will appear from the ground and you have several seconds to 'break' it. Instead, take your pet rock and throw it at the side again. Took a whole 20 sec of game time. Hope this helps.
Lisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:59 PM   #54
Master_D

Master Damian's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
For those wondering if you can fight Mr.Chau and still unlock the Speed Run achievement, the answer is yes. I just finished my 45 minute speed run, fought Mr Chau, and the achievement popped as soon as cracked Gideon in the skull.

As for the Ninja Somersault, I found the Zombie method to be much easier than the Gideon method. I was able to chain at least 14 or 15 after killing 100 zombies. All I did was start from the left center of the screen work my way to the right and after I hit the last zombie I held left on the thumbstick and made my way back to where I started.

I probably could have chained a few more but a zombie thwacked me on the way back.

The Ninja reflexes achievement was super easy to unlock in battle royale. Two controllers standing fairly adjacent to each other with lets say a tire. Alternating hitting Y to throw and B to catch, achievement pops in under a minute.

Cheers

"I don't fail...I succeed at finding what doesn't work"
Master_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:33 PM   #55
Rachel Alucard

These were easy enough to get. Ninja Somersault is easiest with Gideon's 2nd form.
Rachel Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:15 PM   #56
Swecol

swecol's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSigy View Post
Wow, if you use the Konami Code and max her, the game ends in about 30 minutes. It's ludicrous.
where and when do you input the code? it's quite a pain to go max everything manually.
Swecol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:40 AM   #57
SoliTheGrimAce

Soli TheGrimAce's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swecol View Post
where and when do you input the code? it's quite a pain to go max everything manually.
You can use the Konami Code anytime and anywhere during the game, but I suggest finding an open area clear of enemies before using it. The best place to do this is Stage 1 in the shopping district. Go buy a pack of gum ($0.90) and then input the code (not in the shops since there is limited space to gather up money). You will faint but thanks to the gum will give you +30 HP preventing a K.O. Go back into shop, buy another gum, and rinse & repeat process. The shop is on the street corner on the left side on block 2 I think.
SoliTheGrimAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:00 PM   #58
t4nd4r 360V

Tandar1's Gamercard
My game froze up at the end, and I did not get the achievement after reloading and finishing.

Luckily I don't have to restart the char, thanks for the info!
t4nd4r 360V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:47 PM   #59
reverendmeta

Send a message via AIM to reverendmeta

Reverend M3TA's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Many thanks to all of you who put forth the effort to get this information down in a timely manner.

I unlocked the Ninja Somersault achievement on Gigadeon's second form, I believe the headstomp chain started as he was ending the phase where he shoots bloody red skulls.

For the catching objects, you can just pay attention to the enemy types that frequently grab and toss objects--the dudes with the yellow hair, blue jacket over a white shirt, khaki pants seem to favor thrown weapons.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #60
Fatalfox

Fringe of Fate's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Is the gigadeon fight easier or the zombie method for the head stomps?
I shall remain vigilant and unyielding in my pursuit of the enemies of the Coalition. I will defend and maintain the Order of Life as it was proclaimed by the Allfathers of the Coalition in the Octus Cannon. I will forsake the life I had before so I may perform my duty so long as I am needed. Steadfast, I shall hold my place in the machine and acknowledge my place in the Coalition.
- I AM A GEAR (Oath of the Coalition)
Fatalfox is offline   Reply With Quote