PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Dead Rising 2: Case West
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-14-2011, 05:55 PM   #31
xmichaeljx

PanDemic 55's Gamercard
Great man.. I gave my friend this achievement cause of you!
xmichaeljx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:50 AM   #32
I Gil Galad I

I Gil Galad I's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaTech View Post
Okay guys, this worked for me and may work for you. when making the combo's for this achievement, make sure to apply them in the correct order for each card.

for example:if you make zap 'n shine, first put up the floor buffer, then the stun rod.
The other combos are:

Lightning Gun = BFG + Stun Rod
Reaper = Scythe + Katana
Impact Blaster = Impact Hammer + BFG
Sterilizer = Chemicals + Syringe Gun
Shocker = Defibrillator + Medical Trays.
Laser Sword = Gems + Flash Light
Laser Gun = Laser Sword + Lightning Gun

I included the laser sword combo card because it is necessary to make.
One last thing that i also did: Don't Skip the weapon combo scenes!
Let me know if this helped at all.

Thanks for this. My achievement glitched too. I started a new save on a usb, placed the weapons on the table in correct order, but I did skip the cutscenes. I did them all in case 1-1 so people know.
I Gil Galad I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:28 AM   #33
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Just letting anyone else know, when you save the survivor who has you give him both the weapons to create the laser gun, that does not count as creating it. You must physically go to the bench and create it yourself. I thought my achievement was glitched to until I did it on the bench.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:38 AM   #34
sedenteanimo

sedenteanimo's Gamercard
There is a glitch on this achievement, I have made every weapon multiple times in the same play through and still do not have the achievement. I am going to try some of the suggestions to see if they work. And for the people that claim that this isn't a glitch and people are missing an item. I have made over 10 of everything in a single play through, except the laser gun (I only made five of those).
sedenteanimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 04:09 AM   #35
sedenteanimo

sedenteanimo's Gamercard
So I just tested out a few things, if this glitches on you, you need to use a different save device (the other save slots do not work). Also, I made sure not to skip the last cut scene as suggested in this thread and it finally popped up.
sedenteanimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:03 PM   #36
J4ckyb0y1

Ix J4ckyb0y xI's Gamercard
Had to do this as well on a storage device that did not have a previous save on it. Was level 40 and finished them all during Case 1.

Watched none of the cut scenes and did them in this order...
Zap N Shine
Impact Blaster
Lightning Gun
Reaper
Laser Sword
Laser Gun
Shocker
Sterilizer

ONLY built the new weapons, except the Laser Sword of course.

Order built does not seem to matter nor do you have to watch any of the cut scenes as people keep insisting you do.

Last edited by J4ckyb0y1; 05-09-2011 at 11:08 PM.
J4ckyb0y1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:04 AM   #37
gtogsx

gtogsx's Gamercard
This achievement was super glitchy and very frustrating for me. After not popping for me w/my Lvl 50 save, I tried starting a new game save on the same storage device and still no luck. So I popped in a memory stick and created a brand new save and after creating the 7 new weapon combos, it finally unlocked.

Btw-I also skipped the cut-scenes when creating a weapon so I don't think you need to watch them and the order you create your weapons don't matter.

gtogsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:46 PM   #38
JAW LV

JAW LV's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I didn't have this cheeve glitch on me at all. I think there are two things that will make this glitchy though:

1. Any items you pickup prior to reaching your safehouse for first time won't count.

2. Make sure that you actually make the laser gun combo. Just picking up the one Jerry makes for you doesn't count. Jerry is one of the people you save, I think around mid-way in case 2.

PROUD MEMBER OF
NUTRITION/EXERCISE QUESTIONS? ASK ME!
TRYING TO MAKE THE GAMING COMMUNITY A HEALTHIER COMMUNITY... EVEN IT TAKES ONE GAMER AT A TIME!

Last edited by JAW LV; 08-23-2011 at 06:49 PM.
JAW LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:57 AM   #39
ownon

Ownon's Gamercard
made all combo weapons and achievement did not unlocked, glitchy for me... will try he metod with new save and 7 weapons only in exact order
ownon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:11 AM   #40
ownon

Ownon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaTech View Post
Okay guys, this worked for me and may work for you. when making the combo's for this achievement, make sure to apply them in the correct order for each card.

for example:if you make zap 'n shine, first put up the floor buffer, then the stun rod.
The other combos are:

Lightning Gun = BFG + Stun Rod
Reaper = Scythe + Katana
Impact Blaster = Impact Hammer + BFG
Sterilizer = Chemicals + Syringe Gun
Shocker = Defibrillator + Medical Trays.
Laser Sword = Gems + Flash Light
Laser Gun = Laser Sword + Lightning Gun

I included the laser sword combo card because it is necessary to make.
One last thing that i also did: Don't Skip the weapon combo scenes!
Let me know if this helped at all.
my achievement was glitched - made all combo weapons during playthrough but achievement didn't unlock

the i've made new save game on different storage device (so it was first and the only save game on this device), did not clean the cache then followed this guide but forgot about zap 'n shine so made it as the last combo weapon and achievement unlocked; thanks man
ownon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:52 PM   #41
Swanky Banker

Swanky Banker's Gamercard
Has anyone seen a guide out there as to which maintenence room is best for creating which combo weapon?

Looking at the above posts it seems that you create a save game and then do a 'Handy Man' run through to make all 7 - so a guide would be ideal.

Anyone know.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:49 PM   #42
xxBADAMSxx

xxBADAMSxx's Gamercard
This achievement was glitched for the longest time. I went back through repeatedly only using the needed combinations. I made every combo that you could. I even did them in order and nothing! I finally deleted my saved game and started from scratch. Within 15 minutes the achievement popped...and I didn't do anything different! Haha definitely just a random glitch.
xxBADAMSxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:00 PM   #43
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Its glitchy to me so I guess I was one of the unlucky few

1.I'm not erasing my save files of this game if I can help it,I'm at 665,589 PP total I'm at lvl 50.

2.I've tried doing this achivement 3 times now. The third time I started on a new save file ONLY built the weapons needed for the achivement,only Skipped one weapon cutscene still no achivement.

This is getting on my nerves as I have 9 of the 12 achivements and I really want to 100% this.

Gonna try one more time then Ill just put this on my 100% clubs list anyway at 11/12 achivements,because I have built the damn new combo weapons yet the achivement is being glitchy about it.

Yes I know that Laser Sword and laser gun make a new combo weapon,and I haven't forgotten about the Zap floor buffer. I've watched two different Youtube videos and have even made a checklist on my weapons in my inventory I have all of them,and have made that zap buffer twice on my latest combo weapon playthrough.

I will try to

A.Make the weapons in a specific order as a post suggested

B.NOT Skip any wealon cutscenes. Thats hard because ever since Deadrising 2 I've been used to skipping those.

C-I will use my Cloud Storage for the first time ever for this game and achivement.

''I'll let you know how it turns out. Wish me luck.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland

Last edited by Deadsea 18; 01-18-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:04 AM   #44
Khaos86

Send a message via AIM to Khaos86

DeathDriver86's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riding Fakie View Post
I followed this method (with the exception of clearing my console's cashe) exactly and the achievement unlocked for me no problem. Fortunately I was able to use my memory card, meaning I didn't lose any of my saves.

Great guide - thanks!
This is the legit fix, it worked. Took a few seconds to click the achievement, but it is the bonafide way to get this.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:35 AM   #45
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos86 View Post
This is the legit fix, it worked. Took a few seconds to click the achievement, but it is the bonafide way to get this.

I can confirm IT WORKED. Hated this achivement. 200ed this game months ago like back in Januarey.

Just wanted to post it did work.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote