PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Dance Central
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2010, 04:56 AM   #1
Asian Inferno
 
Asian Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 42

Asian Inferno's Gamercard
Ideas/Features/Wishlist for Next Dance Central (2)...

It was a good solid start, but I was hoping more from Harmonix because of their experience from Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Some if not all of these things are no brainers...
---
1. Career Mode - Free Play is fun, but I want a "story"-like mode to add to the game. Because when online gets boring and you want a the game to chose a "track" for you, you want to play this game mode.
2. 2-3 Player Online/Offline Co-Op/Competitive - Dance Battle is great and all but I want it to be separated into Competitive (Where the game tracks up to 3 players and rates each one for 1st place at the end) and Co-Op (Where up to 3 players can 5 star perfect a song). Add in Matchmaking and you'll never have to wait for people to come over to play! The game already features 2 background dancers, why not have them actually participate and have it able to have jump-in/jump-out just like other Kinect games.
3. Saved Photos/Video - Get this game either connected to DanceCentral.com or KinectShare.com and allow people to post and save their favorite pics. This was one of the most disappointing features left out of the game and I hope it's the first thing they add to the next one. Having so much fun with friends/family over, but not being able to have it "captured". There's many Kinect Games that have this feature.
5. Character Avatar - I was dissapointed with how it only showed you as a tiny box on the right side, or through "Kinect-vision". I think at least if not by default, than an option of having a character, maybe next to the dancer or replacing the dancer itself if your good enough, to actually show how your actual body or "skeleton" is moving in comparison to the computer characters (Dancer/Back-Up Dancers). Yes this kind of messes with the whole showing you what you're doing wrong aspect on the computer Dancer, but like I said it could be an option.
4. Character Customization - This could tie into the above. The characters are unique and fun, but the ability to create-a-character would be even better, this is one of the things I though Harmonix would carry over from Rock Band.
6. More Songs - DLC while a great model, there should be enough songs on the original game to last awhile. I got bored of the 32 after a week, more would be better, but not too much that DLC is worthless.
7. In General More of Everything - This was their first Kinect attempt and while solid, it definitely requires more to top anything else. So add to everything: Characters, Venues, Modes, Difficulty, and Genres.

Other than these things I think Harmonix made Dance Central, the best Kinect dance game so far. It's a big step up from the 4 arrowed DDR, and the emphasis on full-body tracking is phenomenal! The songs are great (Harmonix is always great at this) and the interface is awesome, very easy to use. The modes are basic and require more, but it's better than nothing and provides fun for quite awhile. I hope Dance Central 2 will be a big improvement!
---
Tell me your ideas/wishlists/features for the next Dance Central!

We know it's coming! Source: http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2010/...nce-central-2/
__________________
Ech0 Productions (Founder): http://www.ech0productions.echoz.com
Grunts 'R' Us (News Administrator): http://www.gruntsrus.com
Asian Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:42 AM   #2
NathAttack
 
NathAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 971

NathAttack's Gamercard
Saved photos and video w/ option to upload to KinectShare.com or equivalent

A few more songs on-disc

EXPORT from Dance Central 1 -- I love the on-disc songs too much to not export them over!

Online Dance Battles in real-time

Existing dance battle mode, but also one that has both players performing the same routine at the same time, on-screen




Can't WAIT for Dance Central 2, bring it on!
__________________





Most proud completion: IKARUGA - 200/200

First
on x360a (and first in Australia, according to MGC.net) to complete Green Day: Rock Band
First
on x360a (and first in Australia, according to MGC.net) to complete Dance Central
NathAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:22 PM   #3
weedyleopard
 
weedyleopard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 80
All of this is a big want
BUT we need to be able to dance with...
Pause for Dramatic Tension

Milo!
If i want to dance i want a little minion there telling me how great i am or trying the moves out himself in his little world.
So Harmonix needs to team up with LionsHead on the next one. There independent now so fingers are crossed



Quote:
Originally Posted by Asian Inferno View Post
It was a good solid start, but I was hoping more from Harmonix because of their experience from Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Some if not all of these things are no brainers...
---
1. Career Mode - Free Play is fun, but I want a "story"-like mode to add to the game. Because when online gets boring and you want a the game to chose a "track" for you, you want to play this game mode.
2. 2-3 Player Online/Offline Co-Op/Competitive - Dance Battle is great and all but I want it to be separated into Competitive (Where the game tracks up to 3 players and rates each one for 1st place at the end) and Co-Op (Where up to 3 players can 5 star perfect a song). Add in Matchmaking and you'll never have to wait for people to come over to play! The game already features 2 background dancers, why not have them actually participate and have it able to have jump-in/jump-out just like other Kinect games.
3. Saved Photos/Video - Get this game either connected to DanceCentral.com or KinectShare.com and allow people to post and save their favorite pics. This was one of the most disappointing features left out of the game and I hope it's the first thing they add to the next one. Having so much fun with friends/family over, but not being able to have it "captured". There's many Kinect Games that have this feature.
5. Character Avatar - I was dissapointed with how it only showed you as a tiny box on the right side, or through "Kinect-vision". I think at least if not by default, than an option of having a character, maybe next to the dancer or replacing the dancer itself if your good enough, to actually show how your actual body or "skeleton" is moving in comparison to the computer characters (Dancer/Back-Up Dancers). Yes this kind of messes with the whole showing you what you're doing wrong aspect on the computer Dancer, but like I said it could be an option.
4. Character Customization - This could tie into the above. The characters are unique and fun, but the ability to create-a-character would be even better, this is one of the things I though Harmonix would carry over from Rock Band.
6. More Songs - DLC while a great model, there should be enough songs on the original game to last awhile. I got bored of the 32 after a week, more would be better, but not too much that DLC is worthless.
7. In General More of Everything - This was their first Kinect attempt and while solid, it definitely requires more to top anything else. So add to everything: Characters, Venues, Modes, Difficulty, and Genres.

Other than these things I think Harmonix made Dance Central, the best Kinect dance game so far. It's a big step up from the 4 arrowed DDR, and the emphasis on full-body tracking is phenomenal! The songs are great (Harmonix is always great at this) and the interface is awesome, very easy to use. The modes are basic and require more, but it's better than nothing and provides fun for quite awhile. I hope Dance Central 2 will be a big improvement!
---
Tell me your ideas/wishlists/features for the next Dance Central!

We know it's coming! Source: http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2010/...nce-central-2/
weedyleopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:19 PM   #4
lucazzo
 
lucazzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: East Coast, USA
Posts: 81
Send a message via AIM to lucazzo

luc4770's Gamercard
I agree with just about everything Asian Inferno posted. Definitely want online vs. and co-op, some kind of career mode, and a way to export tracks from DC1. Sorry, but Crank Dat would be too much fun as multiplayer.
__________________
GT: luc4770

Available for boosting:

Saints Row 1 & 2, Left 4 Dead, Ghostbusters, SoulCalibur4, Dead or Alive 4, Undertow, Brain Challenge.
lucazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:50 PM   #5
Asian Inferno
 
Asian Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 42

Asian Inferno's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedyleopard View Post
All of this is a big want
BUT we need to be able to dance with...
Pause for Dramatic Tension

Milo!
If i want to dance i want a little minion there telling me how great i am or trying the moves out himself in his little world.
So Harmonix needs to team up with LionsHead on the next one. There independent now so fingers are crossed
It's not necessarily a BIG want but a logical step forward for a sequel, I mean 5 of those things I listed already exist through the Rock Band Franchise and their subsuquent sequels. Maybe they won't get all of these in for DC2, but it will get there eventually. They've got a new franchise that sells well, and they aren't gonna' let this one go easily. I do wish they would have looked closer at RB to make DC, cause it would have made the game even better than it is.
__________________
Ech0 Productions (Founder): http://www.ech0productions.echoz.com
Grunts 'R' Us (News Administrator): http://www.gruntsrus.com
Asian Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:34 PM   #6
Tommo
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 206

tomahog's Gamercard
i want a local leaderboard.i have lots of friends round who like to play this game.everyones got an xbox live silver account but it only post scores from people with gold accounts.
Tommo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:14 AM   #7
Asian Inferno
 
Asian Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 42

Asian Inferno's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
i want a local leaderboard.i have lots of friends round who like to play this game.everyones got an xbox live silver account but it only post scores from people with gold accounts.
I didn't know this, that sucks. They need to fix that!
__________________
Ech0 Productions (Founder): http://www.ech0productions.echoz.com
Grunts 'R' Us (News Administrator): http://www.gruntsrus.com
Asian Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:58 AM   #8
Tommo
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 206

tomahog's Gamercard
I know its the only game iv ever known to do it.
Tommo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:10 AM   #9
Bennieficial
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 17

Bennieficial's Gamercard
they need some sort of real practice mode (not like break it down) where you can select from all moves in the game and practice them individually

and a way for u to choose ur gender. That way i won't look gay if I have to do like a lady gaga dance move in front of a bunch of other people

Last edited by Bennieficial; 01-04-2011 at 05:48 AM.
Bennieficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:20 AM   #10
Trigora
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2
Send a message via AIM to Trigora

Trigora's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennieficial View Post
and a way for u to choose ur gender. That way i won't look gay if I have to do like a lady gaga dance move in front of a bunch of other people
Heaven forbid...
Trigora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:45 PM   #11
Chanens417
 
Chanens417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Flint, MI
Posts: 32

Chanens417's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennieficial View Post
they need some sort of real practice mode (not like break it down) where you can select from all moves in the game and practice them individually
This ^^

And definitely the ability to create a character. In RB I never really get a chance to notice my character outside of the song intros cuz I am too busy trying not to screw up. In DC I am staring right at my character almost the entire time. I would have thought this was a given...
Chanens417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:01 PM   #12
Paladin917
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1

Paladin917's Gamercard
Salutations,
Dance Central definately needs online multiplayer(like stated a couple of times). Another thing I would like to see is an option to choreograph custom songs from your 360. What I mean by this is they provide the moves list and you can string together a little dance number. Of course certain moves couldnt possibly follow some steps. But i think you get the general idea. Throw in a speed setting to slow down the custom choreography and there you have it, cuz some of those moves are so fast on the harder settings!!!
Paladin917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:56 AM   #13
MADasaHatter
 
MADasaHatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Jerk, NY
Posts: 2,200

MADRUCKIS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
  • A party mode would be great for random songs in a given setlist
  • More customization
  • the ability to practice stuff individually (as everyone's stated)
  • A give and take Vs would be crazy. Instead of making you do two sections, you can go section by section swapping every four moves, or at least the option to do so.
  • The freestyle mode is meh to me. Cute but I would like to turn it off.
  • And my biggest- full songs. A lot of people want to do the small bit and for parties and stuff that's just fine. But if I'm down to do a full song, I should have that as an option.
__________________

The gang's all here.

MADasaHatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:07 AM   #14
Asian Inferno
 
Asian Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 42

Asian Inferno's Gamercard
List of rumored new features coming to Dance Central 2, based off of a survey distributed by Microsoft.
Source: http://kotaku.com/#!5754185/these-might-be-the-great-new-features-of-dance-central-2
__________________
Ech0 Productions (Founder): http://www.ech0productions.echoz.com
Grunts 'R' Us (News Administrator): http://www.gruntsrus.com
Asian Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:32 PM   #15
MADasaHatter
 
MADasaHatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Jerk, NY
Posts: 2,200

MADRUCKIS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It's on the main page as well.

I hope all of these things go into part 2.

A nonstop customizable playlist??? That just sounds too awesome.
The ability to create your own dance routine sounds sick, too.
__________________

The gang's all here.

MADasaHatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:54 PM   #16
KB Are I
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 56

YolkyGnu's Gamercard
Quote:
and a way for u to choose ur gender. That way i won't look gay if I have to do like a lady gaga dance move in front of a bunch of other people
Dance because you like to dance, not because of how you will look doing it. BTW, don't say gay if you mean stupid.

Moving on. I like the idea of an online multiplayer battle mode and the leaderboards with silver accounts. I only know one other person with a Kinect and he refuses to go gold. Not cool.
KB Are I is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:07 AM.