PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Simulation > Apache: Air Assault
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-02-2011, 04:56 PM   #1
Damian 83
Banned User

Damian83's Gamercard
Hardest mission: sharks in the water

it seems that hardest missions for most people are turkey shoot and damn shame... turkey shoot was a bit difficult but i did it. damn shame was a piece of cake, after finishing hinds very fast using ata's and rockets, i killed the bomber with just rockets (ata was reloading) and no one shooted me from ground... mission that im still stuck is sharks in the water. i also tried to use the landing zone on the oil rig but it dont work. any tips?

EDIT: finally i found the right strategy! as i said above, landing zone dont worked because it was the wrong one. the one on central platform works! here's my strategy

kill first boats with ROCKETS, then fly toward waypoint aiming for the landing pad. use all missiles in the time u manage to land. u must be lined perfectly because sometimes u can fall off, if tail is out too much. activate autohover, and now only thing u have to do is rearm missiles and shoot them all, then back to landing repeating the process until all waves are killed. remember to dont use the left stick once ure perfeclty lined and autohovering. in this way u have only to go up and down whole time. may happen that u get killed during last wave, but at that point there will be only few enemies that ucan kill with rockets or 30mm gun, with all allied boat intact. once u done, remaining part of mission is a piece of cake and dont needs explanation

Last edited by Damian 83; 01-02-2011 at 10:24 PM.
Damian 83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:00 PM   #2
BladeMDP

blademdp's Gamercard
I was just about to yank my hair out regarding the sharks in the water mission, even on training, but I'll try your strategy - thanks for the heads up!
Old 01-08-2011, 02:13 AM   #3
ElementalFiend

ElementalFiend's Gamercard
Agreed, rockets are your friend against boats. For some reason they gave boats a very large hit box so you only have to hit near them to destroy them.

For this level I hover at the center of the rig until an enemy target comes into view. Then I high-tail it in that direction and make a single rocket pass on them. If I miss a few I ignore them and return to the rig and attack enemies coming from another direction before I return to finish them off.
ElementalFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:49 AM   #4
BladeMDP

blademdp's Gamercard
well, I finally beat Sharks in the Water, first on training, then on veteran. I went off the guide from the link that Epsilon Theta posted, it worked pretty good. On training, I think the mission (and any other one as a matter of fact) when you need to "re-load" your missiles, it's alot easier to just crash rather than land at the landing zone and re-arm. Whew, I am so glad I AM FINALLY DONE with this mission!
Old 01-25-2011, 01:55 PM   #5
Suki

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i stuck in shit in the water atm it is a nightmare i just cant shoot them quick enough i think im doing really well and then mission failed so gonna try the rearm missile way to see if it gets me through just seems to be a little bit cheating and i would love to beat it legit.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:58 PM   #6
BladeMDP

blademdp's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
i stuck in shit in the water atm it is a nightmare i just cant shoot them quick enough i think im doing really well and then mission failed so gonna try the rearm missile way to see if it gets me through just seems to be a little bit cheating and i would love to beat it legit.
Suki, I will share with you how I did it, after MANY attempts at failing. I would recommend you look at the link that Epsilon Theta shared on how to do it. It helped me tremendously. I did it on training first, but that was not really realistic or applicable in that I simply crashed to reload my hellfires. However, it gave me a good sense of where the enemies would be coming from, and how many. Once I beat it on training, I turned right around and beat it on Realistic. I never had to land on the pad to re-arm. I used the Hellfires on the first group by the oil rigs, continued using guns/rockets until the Hellfires re-loaded, which were on the last enemies that were around the catamaran. Hope this helps.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:08 PM   #7
Suki

well thx for the help but i just lose my bearings get swamped by enemies the radar does not show them all for whatever reason so if i miss one they blow my boats up so im losing the ships everytime i must of tried this now 20 times gonna give up for a bit i think. ive tried u tube vids your suggestion and the re-arm method and nothing is working for me i must just be rubbish at this game.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:03 PM   #8
BladeMDP

blademdp's Gamercard
oh trust me, I was in the same boat, after about 20 or 30 tries, I don't know why, it just finally clicked for me with this mission. I'm just glad to be done with it! ugghh! Good luck Suki and let me know how it goes.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:10 PM   #9
SneakyofSneaks

Sneakyofsneaks's Gamercard
Fly slower around the boats, your gunner will take quite a few out if you fly slow.
SneakyofSneaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:00 PM   #10
Suki

so i changed my statergy and did it with 4 boats remaning then went all the way through very easily to what is the nightmare turkey shoot , i can get to the end part no problem where the big helicopter takes off and u blow it up then it tellls me to kill the rest of the helo's, omg there are around 10 of them ata's are a waste of time and its back to the living nightmare that is apache constant missiles from the ground and air eveythings flashing and beeping and flashing and beeping aaaahhhhhhh.

i have now completed the single player campaign so on to the coop stuff and hope 2 get to the 1000 and then on to dead space 2

Last edited by Suki; 01-26-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Suki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:49 PM   #11
BladeMDP

blademdp's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
so i changed my statergy and did it with 4 boats remaning then went all the way through very easily to what is the nightmare turkey shoot , i can get to the end part no problem where the big helicopter takes off and u blow it up then it tellls me to kill the rest of the helo's, omg there are around 10 of them ata's are a waste of time and its back to the living nightmare that is apache constant missiles from the ground and air eveythings flashing and beeping and flashing and beeping aaaahhhhhhh.

i have now completed the single player campaign so on to the coop stuff and hope 2 get to the 1000 and then on to dead space 2
Good job Suki - it's a good feeling to be done with campaign isn't it?