PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-11-2011, 11:58 AM   #61
Rimesmoker

Remmos's Gamercard
So, no one here just enjoy playing as a sniper? I mean, sure, when playing with randoms I seldom get scores to boast about as playing recon, but it sure can be a lot of fun. Skulking about while always keeping an eye out on the rest of the map, locating ideal spots/choke points, harassing with mortar strikes or just plain annoying infantry with the odd headshot, what's not to like?

Specifically, I so much enjoy playing recon in BC due to the bulletdrop. That thing is awesome, and so few good games has it. Headshot from 500 metres away on a moving target? Oh yeah, baby, that tickles me just right.

I'll agree that in a random game recon seldom contribute anything worthwhile, but then again, sometimes they do. Get a squad to supply the sniper with ammo and let him spam motion sensors all over the place. Let him harass players so they actively seek him out, instead of focusing on the target.

It's just... fun, you know?
Rimesmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:37 PM   #62
TheLegendOf1977

TheLegendOf1977's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GO Pency Prep View Post
First off, you're REALLY trying to tell me you've been revived 5 or less times in 130 hours of playing? I do not believe you, sir.

You must have some terrible luck, I fairly consistently see ammo/med kits/revives and repairs.

Maybe that only starts happening when you hit the 200 hour mark?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Killa C View Post
I read that and thought the same thing. I'm not saying that I get revived all the time by randoms, but it does happen. A little exaggeration?

If I'm assault I dump ammo, medic I drop health, and engineer I fix vehicles. There is no reason not to do this, it's free points!
Of course i'm exaggerating, but it really IS a rare occasion when i get revived, i'm actually surprised when it happens.
As for the ammo and healt: sure, sometimes u happen to find one lying around somewhere, but the times when i really NEED one and somebody actually RUNS UP TO ME and lays one down? Again VERY rare...
TheLegendOf1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:41 PM   #63
nichols0vision

nichols0vision's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimesmoker View Post
So, no one here just enjoy playing as a sniper? I mean, sure, when playing with randoms I seldom get scores to boast about as playing recon, but it sure can be a lot of fun. Skulking about while always keeping an eye out on the rest of the map, locating ideal spots/choke points, harassing with mortar strikes or just plain annoying infantry with the odd headshot, what's not to like?

Specifically, I so much enjoy playing recon in BC due to the bulletdrop. That thing is awesome, and so few good games has it. Headshot from 500 metres away on a moving target? Oh yeah, baby, that tickles me just right.

I'll agree that in a random game recon seldom contribute anything worthwhile, but then again, sometimes they do. Get a squad to supply the sniper with ammo and let him spam motion sensors all over the place. Let him harass players so they actively seek him out, instead of focusing on the target.

Or just go into a game and not help at all... drink hot chocolate while playing a game of conquest, sip away, and shoot at whatever moves. Nothing like target practice, right? Just letting your teammates down while you scream, "Wow, Wow, marksmen headshot from like 18 miles away. DID YOU SEE THAT, BILL, DID YOU SEE HOW FAR AWAY I SHOT THAT GUY IN THE HEAD. HOLY HELL, i almost pushed a pelican out my bum after i saw that".

Old 01-11-2011, 05:08 PM   #64
GO Pency Prep

Send a message via AIM to GO Pency Prep

GO Pency Prep's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimesmoker View Post

I absolutely get what you're saying - like I said in the OP, if that's what you're into, that's fine - it's a game, have fun. I was speaking from a 'lets win the round' point of view and in that context snipers are pretty much useless.
GO Pency Prep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:35 AM   #65
CowMoolester

Greg Gory House's Gamercard
What's all this playing for the team bullshit? When I play games I play to have fun why anyone would do it for any other reason I have no idea. If my idea of fun is killing as many people I can from far away with the sniper what's the big deal? This is so stupid. It's a game not a real fuckin war. Get over it.
CowMoolester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:00 PM   #66
GO Pency Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowMoolester View Post
What's all this playing for the team bullshit? When I play games I play to have fun why anyone would do it for any other reason I have no idea. If my idea of fun is killing as many people I can from far away with the sniper what's the big deal? This is so stupid. It's a game not a real fuckin war. Get over it.
apparently you missed the post directly above yours. The one that said "it's a game...have fun".
Old 01-13-2011, 12:28 PM   #67
nichols0vision

nichols0vision's Gamercard
Quote:
lol silly boy. You're not suppose to have fun in a multiplayer shooter. It's all out war and everyones taggin ass and takin names.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:39 PM   #68
jordan1979

The problem here is that BFBC's Rush mode offers the sniper noob two important things:

1) A frontline. In COD there is no longer (There used to be in COD1-3 when the series wasn't so nooby) a frontline. The objective based games are mostly random spawning devices at any given point in the map. So the coward sniper isn't comfortable, he'll have to constantly watch his back. In BFBC Rush mode, the coward/camper/sniper has 180 degrees of safety. Selfishly, he can exploit the players in front of him sacrifice. In short, its a better camping environment.

2) Better maps. In Call of Duty, the maps are shit. I'm sorry, but they are. I still don't get how they get away with it. For me, they're glorified DOOM/1990's maps. Too small, too cramped. (COD wasn't always like this, COD3 advanced, but the noobs cried havoc and burned it to the ground). Thus, the sniper coward can't really shoot from afar. In fact, I don't even know why there are sniper rifles in that game. A 'Large' map in COD isn't more open, its just two rat-mazes boxed together. There are still no open spaces. In BFBC, the sniper noob has open terrain to look over.

Now, BF3 is coming. And I hear it'll make BC look like a sideshow. If they want to make that game as perfect as can be, they MUST correct this noob problem with the sniper rifle. This is without a doubt, the single biggest problem in BF. I agree with the OP, limit the amount of noobs on one team.

Too many of them have seen Enemy at the Gates.
jordan1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:10 PM   #69
puntomatt

The Wobinator's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan1979 View Post
The problem here is that BFBC's Rush mode offers the sniper noob two important things:

1) A frontline. In COD there is no longer (There used to be in COD1-3 when the series wasn't so nooby) a frontline. The objective based games are mostly random spawning devices at any given point in the map. So the coward sniper isn't comfortable, he'll have to constantly watch his back. In BFBC Rush mode, the coward/camper/sniper has 180 degrees of safety. Selfishly, he can exploit the players in front of him sacrifice. In short, its a better camping environment.
This is only true of the first set of crates, on some maps (Op. Hastings) the "frontline" is virtually non-existant.
puntomatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:33 AM   #70
Muzzle O Bees

Muzzle o Bees's Gamercard
Quote:

Call of Duty man, are ya? Seriously, if you don't like teamwork and like to be all commando, why play team-based online games? Play the campaign if you don't want to play as a team. If you must play online at least play deathmatch, not Conquest or Rush. Better yet, go back to CoD.

s
Muzzle O Bees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:05 AM   #71
echoes999

echoes999's Gamercard
I wasnt looking forward to gold starring my recon class at first until I really dug in and started playing around with them and realized how much fun recon can be. My problem is I had always used it on conquest which is not a good game type for snipers. But now that I've started using them on rush it's a blast. You know where the objectives are so for me I plant my self close by and up high. That way I can clearly cover the objective and if my squad spawn on me I'm not far away. I also know where the general spawn spots are so I can cover incoming forces. I spam the shit out of to spot for my team. I shoot everything I see and rain pain with mortars on the crates. I also stick close to the road usually so I can run down and c4 tanks that come along. Ive gotten multiple double kills from this. I also have no problem doing the Rambo thing with my pistol to arm/disarm if the team needs my help. Most times I end a match with around 20+ kills. Recon will never be the best class, but don't discount it in the hands of a good player

Completed (Including DLC) Retail: 87 ~ Arcade: 78

Achievement Guides:

Dead Rising: Case West. XBLA
Shank 2 XBLA

echoes999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:06 PM   #72
CommanderSmiley

CommanderSmiley's Gamercard
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotunusual View Post
Yeah I especially dislike playing recon on Vietnam. In Vanilla it was fun every once in a while to use it mainly for the motion mines. Now without the mines I simply don't like it. Even though I did find some pretty good camping spots and got really good K/Ds, it's just not fun.
You're full of shit.
CommanderSmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:07 PM   #73
RockRichie

Rock Richie's Gamercard
I'll show you how to use the sniper kit, assualt style. If you see me on the battlefield give me ammo.

RockRichie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:50 PM   #74
GO Pency Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRichie View Post
I'll show you how to use the sniper kit, assualt style. If you see me on the battlefield give me ammo.
Yeah I have a friend that uses the sniper in an assault role, the VSS is a beast. He helps out the team a ton too, we keep him stoked with ammo and he keeps the motion sensors flying.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:00 PM   #75
guillermo316

Fantasychampion's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i was playing vietnam Hardcore to get my sniper kills and i went 32 and 12 so yeah they help alot i would say mostly in hardcore
guillermo316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:09 PM   #76
Lithium Wisdom

Send a message via AIM to Lithium Wisdom Send a message via Skype™ to Lithium Wisdom

Lithium Wisdom's Gamercard
Man, I'll tell you, if people did as many good things as negative things come out of their mouths about snipers, this would be a totally different world. Believe it or not, fellows, a lot of snipers don't give a rat's ass about their KDR. Nor do other players. I don't see why anyone cares about KDR in this game or any other, honestly. It means nothing.

Snipers are one of the more useful classes in the game and are, indeed, stationary tanks. People who hate snipers hate them because they either can't snipe or are stupid enough to waltz around on a battlefield thinking there isn't a chance they're going to get sniped. On a battlefield. A BATTLEFIELD. You know, where there's WAR.

Get the picture yet? I run medic and love having snipers covering my back when I run out to revive my foolish assault teammates who don't know how to use cover correctly. At least the rest of us running other classes are playing smart.

Last edited by Lithium Wisdom; 02-02-2011 at 10:24 PM.
Lithium Wisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:07 AM   #77
Takamura Bear

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I enjoy everything about this game including the sniping, even if it can be brutal if you come across some really good players who can snipe the fuck out of you with superb accuracy. But this makes it all that much more intense and frustrating, like I would imagine it is on a real battlefield.

As a recon class, I'll sit back, aim down my scope and spot like crazy for my team mates, each and every game I play. It's so awesome when everyone works as a team and just dominates the other team. Like they'll be a bunch of us snipers together and a medic to revive us if we get shot by another group of snipers. Rince, repeat, revenge headshots lol.

I love playing Isla Inocentes as the attacker, recon class. On most occasions I've managed to get around 5-7 headshots in a row.

I've taken quite a liking to the GOL over the past month, and it's by far my favorite sniper rifle. I prefer the bolt-action types as they're more powerful and I find other, like the VSS, to produce too much erraticness.

Last week, I dropped two fuckers with a double headshot on this map. My jaw dropped for about five seconds then I quickly woke the fuck up and got back to some spotting lol.

Last edited by Takamura Bear; 02-03-2011 at 03:11 AM.
Takamura Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:19 PM   #78
Cooljoe

Bear5 Fan 4Ever's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GO Pency Prep View Post
this pretty much sums it up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_cLTrMUqJ0
Ha Ha Ha! Freaking hilarious! Nearly choked to death on my lunch
Cooljoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:56 AM   #79
DamagedWill

Send a message via AIM to DamagedWill

DamagedWill's Gamercard
It's been a problem ever since Bad Company 2 came out. People, to this day, still don't help their team. It pisses me off when I see a sniper, the entire game, not throw Motion Mines, spot enemies or try to disarm the crate that he is less than fifty feet away from. Same with people who don't throw ammo for other players.

This is not fucking Call of Duty, kills mean jack shit.

If you play Recon, feel free to snipe and thin out the numbers. But please, do something to benefit the others!

By the way, that video right above, is awesome.