PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Dead to Rights: Retribution
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-24-2010, 04:14 PM   #1
Suki

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
So how is the game out of 10?

loved the old D2R's so was wondering if anyone has played this one and could rate this before i buy/rent.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:36 PM   #2
BBIAJ

BBIAJ's Gamercard
I've been playing this since last Wednesday, and it's easily an 8/10 for me so far, and the fact that it has 5 unlockable Avatar awards is a sweet little bonus!
BBIAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 05:10 PM   #3
fivebyfive200

5/10 and to me, its a rental only. Not impressed with the combat or level design
fivebyfive200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 05:44 PM   #4
osakamitsu

osakamitsu's Gamercard

well I wouldnt give it a 5... the game wasnt that bad. maybe a 6.5 or 7/10
osakamitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:21 PM   #5
Enisha

Enisha's Gamercard
Just finished the story and I'd give it a 7/10 because I liked the overall idea of the game but after some time it got boring.
Enisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:54 AM   #6
Blackqua Man

Blackqua Man's Gamercard
I would say about 7... maybe 7.5. I'm really enjoying it but I would like a few more of Shadows stealth missions, or maybe even a few stealth missions that required both Jack AND Shadow... Now that would've been cool.
Blackqua Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:20 AM   #7
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Seriously,over halfway through now and it's nothing above a 5. On Detective difficulty, it's a fucking 1. Things I dislike :-

1 - The cover system is THE worst I've ever known in a game bar none. You might as well not bother using it for all the good it does you. The fact 3 bullets can destroy a concrete block also lends little in it's favour.

2 - Just like Just Cause 2, this is a game with a heavy emphasis on shooting but a zero emphasis on actually giving you any fucking bullets in your gun. You are thus forced to constantly switch weapons and scrounge for every last bullet top up you can find.

3 - Enemies can bullet sponge like nothing. Sometimes, and granted, this isn't all the time, you can headshot with a shotgun to the face and they still keep coming. It takes a full machine gun clip to the chest to even slow a lowly peon down. Maybe this is an Detective difficulty thing only but it's still annoying.

4 - Glitches. Oh boy this game has it's share. Getting shot through walls and spawning with enemies shooting you in the face are my two favs. Falling through the floor and not being able to interact with switches are 2 other reported ones.

5 - Checkpoints or lack therof. Seriously, I think I've encounted like 10 checkpoints the whole game so far. I'm not saying I want one every 2 seconds but the game really could do with throwing you a bone and giving a couple more per level. It's infuriating having to redo entire sections due to crappy checkpoints.

6 - The combat. Shooting is nothing more than average and sometimes downright poor. The melee combat needs to have a word with Arkham Asylum but actually listen to what it's saying this time as it really is trying so hard to emulate but failing miserably. It's just totally clumsy in amidst the million flying bullets and the takedowns get old after the first level.

Those are my main peeves. They really are making my Detective playthrough an even bigger nightmare than it already is and are slowly making me hate the game. It's just not up to the standard I've come to expect from a game these days. Seriously, check out 50 Cent as a good example of how to do this genre of game (that game really surprised me).

I will sign off though by saying I do like Shadow a lot and his stealth sections are a welcome relief from the mediocre shooting / melee furore. These are only my opinions so please don't see this as anything more.

EDIT :- I meant to be saying Detective difficulty, not Officer. Edited accordingly.

Last edited by ponypo2001; 04-26-2010 at 03:18 PM.
ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:59 AM   #8
Dead Herb

Dead Herb's Gamercard
Its a stocking filler 4.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:38 PM   #9
Filter x360a

Filter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 2   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - Third Place   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Think I'll pass on this one. I was thinking about getting it...just not sure now. Maybe just a rent.

Thanks to Gackt for the awesome sig!

Please msg me on XBL first for boosting, I don't accept random friend requests
Filter x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:47 PM   #10
A ZombieTwinkie

A ZombieTwinkie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filter x360a View Post
Think I'll pass on this one. I was thinking about getting it...just not sure now. Maybe just a rent.
Yea, same here. Glad I only put $5 down on it.

*Props to G A C K T for the awesome sig*

A ZombieTwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:39 PM   #11
Suki

I'm struggling to get the gold on detective at the moment im on grant central station with 3 bombs and it is tough maybe im getting to old for these type of games but it seems really hard to me i get the shit shot out of me.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:27 PM   #12
MadD4mon

Send a message via ICQ to MadD4mon

MadD4mon's Gamercard
I didn't think the section you are mentioning was very difficult. Just make sure to pick up the sniper rifles lying near the bombs you have to defuse. They come in very handy when dealing with a lot of enemies. Just run to one of the bombs, take out the enemy who guards it, defuse the bomb and take out the sniper on the opposite end of the room with your rifle. Then run across the hall, kill the guard and so on...

"They can do all because they think they can."
- Virgil

MadD4mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:03 PM   #13
Quickdraw

Quickdraw1988's Gamercard

yer i really don't like the amount of ammo you can max out on its stupid, its like they are forcing you to find weps around or force you into melee slugfests and with alot of foes this wont work. like on the boxing ring part near the end they are all melee heavy ran out of ammo and took ages to killum in melee.

i was iffy on this game, and i was right to doubt it, but slow month for games so i took a chance, this is a rental get the points and shelf it. give it a 6 personally story was semi decent combat was semi decent but it lack of ammo as stated above kills the game for me, shadow parts were by far the best. the dog ai trying to keep him alive is however also rotten.

You can't outrun Death forever, But you can make him work for it.

Urgently Boosting Saints Row 2 MP Achieves Message Me.

Last edited by Quickdraw; 04-26-2010 at 08:05 PM.
Quickdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:13 PM   #14
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadD4mon View Post
I didn't think the section you are mentioning was very difficult. Just make sure to pick up the sniper rifles lying near the bombs you have to defuse. They come in very handy when dealing with a lot of enemies. Just run to one of the bombs, take out the enemy who guards it, defuse the bomb and take out the sniper on the opposite end of the room with your rifle. Then run across the hall, kill the guard and so on...
It's VERY bloody difficult till you figure out there are sniper rifles lying around. Seriously, tell me how long you last without using them. Yep, 12 seconds is about the best you'll muster. Using the rifles, it's a piece of piss. It's knowing they are there that's the key.

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:22 PM   #15
Exhausted Dad

ddi0994's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
After hearing the 1st couple comments and the fact that I loved the 1st, not so much the 2nd. I think I will most definitely be giving this 1 a try, see ya soon Jack Slade.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:36 PM   #16
mcgive

McGive's Gamercard
This game gets an 7 out of 10 for me, definitely worth renting although there are some notorius glitches in this game. The best thing in the game is how the wee dog rips the guys bollocks off.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:20 PM   #17
goothgone

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
6/10 average game
Old 04-27-2010, 07:52 PM   #18
fivebyfive200

Its always worth renting games to test them out. I'm sure this will drop in price fairly quickly
fivebyfive200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:01 AM   #19
TALINKINMAN

i give it a 8/10
the aiming does feel alittle forced and the overall gameplay feels alittle repetAtive but i love cracking skulls

if you send me a FR please include a msg with 360A so i know your not spam or a random person

TALINKINMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:44 AM   #20
Painkiller Q8

Send a message via MSN to Painkiller Q8

Painkiller Q8's Gamercard
its good game .. 8.2/10 for me

don't care about IGN or Gamespot ... their give wrong rating these days .. IGN said Metro 2033 .. 6.9 and RE5 9+ are you fucking kidding me LMAO !!

Best games ever made in the whole gaming history!
RED DEAD REDEMPTION
GRAND THEFT AUTO IV
Painkiller Q8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:39 PM   #21
Alpha X

Alpha Equinox's Gamercard
I'm not sure if we are even playing the same game. I think this game is pretty awesome, I'd probably give it an 8.5 out of 10 which is amazing considering that I did not have very high expectations for this game. I love the hand to hand combat, compared to most shooting games that have melee thrown in, this one does melee very well I think.

I haven't experienced any of the problems that ponypo2001 has been having other than #2. I've heard about this game being glitchy but I seriously haven't seen one glitch the entire time I've been playing this game and I have 43 out of 50 achievements for it. Overall, DTR:Retribution is way better than I expected it to be and I've been having fun with it the entire time I've been playing it.
Alpha X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 08:23 AM   #22
XxBlueSpade2xX

exoroughneck's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
I have to buy it. I still play the original. But the above comments make me wary.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:28 AM   #23
KashThePriest

KashThePriest's Gamercard
I'd give it a 6 so far, the ammo thing is really pissing me off, only reason what it get's an everage score from me is solely cos of the parts that you play as Shadow in
KashThePriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:54 PM   #24
luke391

Send a message via AIM to luke391 Send a message via Skype™ to luke391

Admiral Vic's Gamercard
3/10

I was playing on cadet because i didnt want to 1k it *i ended up doing it though =\, thanks to a glitch XD i beat the last level on dect and it gave me the achievement + the all golds + silvers... so im not complaining*

as far as playing, a lot of the aspects are nice, but most things are totally trivial, like focus mode which just slows down the game =\ I never used it once, and i think im better off for it... Same with the lack of ammo... Just dont waste the time!
luke391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:24 PM   #25
Gor1lla

gor1lla the one's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
@luke: Yeah, it slows the game down, but you deal much more dmg

7/10 for me, was fun to play

Third in Germany to 1000 Batman: AA
First in Germany to 1000 Batman: AC
Gor1lla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:58 AM   #26
Tru_Warrior

MXE Tru's Gamercard
I'd say an 8/10. I really enjoyed this game
Tru_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:16 AM   #27
Brax0r

Brax0r's Gamercard
7.5 / 10.

If you enjoyed the previous Dead to Rights games, you'll definitely enjoy this one.
Brax0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:46 PM   #28
Zombiedrd

Zombiedrd's Gamercard

6/10 for me. Nothing but a rental. Horribly cliche story(To be fair, what story can be totally unique across time), horrible mechanics, not enough ammo, the enemies get ridiculous near end(You use up all your ammo on a few and more keep coming), I hate how fake the characters look(Like Gears). The only parts I really liked were the Shadow parts. If you want to add another 1000, this is a good game for it. All I have left is to beat Urban Renewal and get gold(I can't get it for shit) and I've only had the game for two days. So glad I rented.
200,000-?
Zombiedrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 04:18 PM   #29
WrottenSandwich

WolfVelocity's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I played the first one on the original Xbox and enjoyed it also. I give the game a 8/10. The game is set up to where you don't get a lot of ammo so you have to use your fighting skills and use your dog as a weapon to help you get thru the levels.... The game is short so unless you are a fan or collector I would just rent it for a few days.... Don't just run and gun and it is an easy 1000/1000.

WrottenSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:52 PM   #30
ArnaldoDK

ArnaldoDK's Gamercard
This game sucks, i give 2/10, bad controls, bad aim, but is a easy achiv. and have bonus for avatar ... but the game sucks ...
ArnaldoDK is offline   Reply With Quote