PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-12-2007, 12:44 AM   #1
STBadly

STBadly's Gamercard
Defeat Loki on hard tips?

I'm going through this game again for the umpteenth time, except this time I have it on hard difficulty. Is there a tried and true method of defeating Loki, because I've breezed through the other bosses but seem to be having the most difficulty on him. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
STBadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:41 PM   #2
W. Samuel Jones III

WSJ3's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by STBadly View Post
I'm going through this game again for the umpteenth time, except this time I have it on hard difficulty. Is there a tried and true method of defeating Loki, because I've breezed through the other bosses but seem to be having the most difficulty on him. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Make sure that everyone is leveled up (use the simulator "THUNDERBALL" to level your team up and increase their defense and offense stats.)

Use a flyer like Thor and have a melee fighter (Hulk or Thing) and constantly use the "assist" function when you are attacking.

Always kill the ice trolls for health and magic and you should get through this level in no time.

I leveled my guys up to 74 and it was easy to beat the bosses.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:45 PM   #3
patches4711

patches4711's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   FIFA/Madden Subscribers Tourn. - Second Place   Donator - Level 3   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Yeah he was tough but I had my guys leveled up in the 60's and got through him I am not through hard all the way yet I am hoping Doom will not be that bad.
patches4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:34 PM   #4
W. Samuel Jones III

WSJ3's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by patches4711 View Post
Yeah he was tough but I had my guys leveled up in the 60's and got through him I am not through hard all the way yet I am hoping Doom will not be that bad.
Sometimes Doom will GLITCH in the corner and not move. I beat him 2 times on hard this way.

You can't plan for it; this thing just sort of happens during gameplay.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:09 PM   #5
Saluki 00

Saluki 00's Gamercard
Loki = Dead(pool)

I'm doing my HARD playthrough after beating NORMAL one time. In other words, my characters are all about level 38-40. Nothing impressive, but I haven't wasted a bunch of time either. Anyway...

I beat Loki basically w/ one character ALONE. The S.O.B. kept killing all my idiot A.I. characters off pretty quickly, even though I told them to be "defensive". I used DEADPOOL. Basically, I would wait for Loki to do his lightning attack, and just jump, teleport around the arena, especially if I needed time for some health regeneration. I would wait for him to start this attack and teleport towards him, hit him w/ my cyclone (swords) attack, and teleport away again before he could do his "radius blast" as I affectionately call it (he's a prick btw). I probably wouldn't have even needed to get away quickly if I would have just blocked? Worked for me after several dozen extremely frustrating attempts using other characters/methods.

Killed Gladiator tonight. For this game, just use characters that can regenerate health (Wolverine, Deadpool, Hulk), and block. That's it.

Last edited by Saluki 00; 07-28-2009 at 04:24 AM.
Saluki 00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:54 PM   #6
allstarEZ723

allstarEZ723's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saluki 00 View Post
I'm doing my HARD playthrough after beating NORMAL one time. In other words, my characters are all about level 38-40. Nothing impressive, but I haven't wasted a bunch of time either. Anyway...

I beat Loki basically w/ one character ALONE. The S.O.B. kept killing all my idiot A.I. characters off pretty quickly, even though I told them to be "defensive". I used DEADPOOL. Basically, I would wait for Loki to do his lightning attack, and just jump, teleport around the arena, especially if I needed time for some health regeneration. I would wait for him to start this attack and teleport towards him, hit him w/ my cyclone (swords) attack, and teleport away again before he could do his "radius blast" as I affectionately call it (he's a prick btw). I probably wouldn't have even needed to get away quickly if I would have just blocked? Worked for me after several dozen extremely frustrating attempts using other characters/methods.

Killed Gladiator tonight. For this game, just use characters that can regenerate health (Wolverine, Deadpool, Hulk), and block. That's it.
Yes, that block technique you speak of actually worked me wonders! My idiot AI die in this first minute, and I killed him with almost full health with just Sabertooth. Talon frenzy is maxed out and I patiently blocked every lightning attack and used melees along with talon frenzy the entire time.

Kill hounds and the big ice men (steal their hammers, helps a lot!) to regain health/energy, and block any time you see the lightning... I'm sure this can be beaten with any one character in the game simply with blocking and patience!
allstarEZ723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #7
FriendFive

Beating Loki with lone Hulk

Greetings folks! I thought that I would throw in my two cents on how to beat Loki on hard. I just did this last night and here's what my experience was like:

I had Hulk, Spider-Man, Captain America, and Storm as my team. All were leveled up to the upper 40s. Well, I tried a few times and, yes, your 3 AI teammates seem to die pretty quickly, even when you put them on defensive. On my third or fourth try, I decided to just run around as Hulk and smash all the stone warrior statures before the trolls could pop out of them. So Spidey and Cap were down and Storm was fighting Loki on her own. She was low on health, but for a long time she didn't die. She and Loki were just battling it out while I was running around all over, smashing every last statue. So I never did see any giants pop out on this iteration. Well, finally, Storm died and it seemed like Loki was just "stuck" for awhile. So I finally came out in the open and faced him in the center of the hill. For whatever reason, his lightning was NOT hurting me if I just stood still. I did not have to block to be immune to the lightning. It seemed like only if I was running away from him and moving around while being zapped that it actually hurt me some. So basically I just kept using Hulk Stomp and sending shockwaves at him as often as I could. It took about 45 minutes but I eventually beat him. I don't know what gear I had equipped but maybe that helped me with the lightning.
FriendFive is offline   Reply With Quote