PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-30-2010, 04:11 AM   #1
RossDaLostCauze

Use the Force, luke questions

Having trouble with this 1 for some reason I used the 1st lvl and just spamed force lightning the whole time even during the part with the chick and it didn't pop......

Was wondering if I did something wrong or am I just a moron for messing this up?

What lvl did you guys use
RossDaLostCauze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 05:29 AM   #2
Alshain

Alshain's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RossDaLostCauze View Post
Having trouble with this 1 for some reason I used the 1st lvl and just spamed force lightning the whole time even during the part with the chick and it didn't pop......

Was wondering if I did something wrong or am I just a moron for messing this up?

I did it on the first of the Kato Nemoidia levels. The only tricky part was against the Sith Acolytes, but all you need to do for them is to block the attacks they send and bounce them back at them. Saber Throw also counts as a Force power and not a saber attack.
Old 10-30-2010, 05:47 AM   #3
Swiftknife

XxSilent777xX's Gamercard
I just played the first Kamino mission on easy and Gripped most troopers and tossed them off ledges (sometimes Gripped and Lightninged troopers and threw them into other enemies), Lightninged and Replused all the carbonite wardroids, and threw in a few Mind Tricks on the Riot Troopers.

Swiftknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 06:03 AM   #4
ConfusedGeek

Confusedgeek's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i used lvl 1. it only took one try.

y button only.

i wonder if even swinging the sabers goes against this.

im sure you know, but i also didnt do any quick time events.
ConfusedGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:35 AM   #5
Jambo165

trampsng's Gamercard
I did it on level 6. The second part of Salvation. Thought I'd balls'd it up by impaling someone, but the achievement unlocked.
Jambo165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:38 AM   #6
Lonegunman718

Lonegunman718's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
did it on 1st level force push and force grab only and it popped for me.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:30 PM   #7
RossDaLostCauze

For people who did it on the 1st lvl did you use ur saber on that 1st part where its inroducing you to the force powers? And on the mecs did u pull of the shields?

Thanks

Gonna try again after work
Old 10-30-2010, 01:37 PM   #8
Lonegunman718

Lonegunman718's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
For people who did it on the 1st lvl did you use ur saber on that 1st part where its inroducing you to the force powers? And on the mecs did u pull of the shields?

Thanks

Gonna try again after work
never touched x (well once on the bot you pull the shield off of) just use b and force grab.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:18 PM   #9
RossDaLostCauze

you can kill the big bots w/force push??
Old 10-30-2010, 04:29 PM   #10
davidmerrell

davidmerrell's Gamercard
Quote:

i did it on the first level on easy. even the first training part dont use yiour saber. when you fight those big dudes with shields dont use grab with A. All quick time events ruin the achievement. So when the A pops up above thier head dont do it. The first one was tricky cause no matter how much I used lightning, force push, and repulse it just wouldnt get rid of that shield, much less kill him. So what I did was make sure my fury meter was full and activated that and did force repulse. 2 or 3 hits kill him instantly. then click left and right stick to take off fury. Then by the time you get to the next one it will be built up again. Use it again with repulse and kill him instantly. Same goes for the end against those things with long ass legs after you drop the tower. Go in and force repulse. 3 or 4 hits kill both. If you do it the way I just described I promise you will get the achievement. Never use x at all and dont do any quick time events.
davidmerrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 05:02 PM   #11
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Why would the RT + A event disqualify you?
mikachu93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 05:49 PM   #12
MetallicaDan

Send a message via AIM to MetallicaDan Send a message via MSN to MetallicaDan Send a message via Yahoo to MetallicaDan

Un4g1v3N80's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikachu93 View Post
Why would the RT + A event disqualify you?
It doesn't. You can take the dude's shield off no problem and still get the achievement. Just don't press X at all (including the beginning, ignore screen prompts) during the first level and this achievement is easy.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:15 PM   #13
davidmerrell

davidmerrell's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetallicaDan View Post
It doesn't. You can take the dude's shield off no problem and still get the achievement. Just don't press X at all (including the beginning, ignore screen prompts) during the first level and this achievement is easy.
Dude, it disqualified me everytime. Dont know why as it dont involve the x button but it for sure disqualified me. You can try it if you want but Im just letting you know what worked for me. I tried it 4 times before finally getting it. I realized the quick time event was ruining it for me and that is a quick time event. There is another thread where people verify this.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:15 PM   #14
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetallicaDan View Post
Thanks. I was wondering if David included it in his post that by accident.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:19 PM   #15
davidmerrell

davidmerrell's Gamercard
Quote:
Thanks. I was wondering if David included it in his post that by accident.
No I didnt include it by accident. It just was preventing me from getting it when I did that. Other people have stated they were able to take the shield and it still work as long as you dont use the quicktime kill. To be safe I suggest just using Fury on them. Its way quicker anyway.

Last edited by davidmerrell; 10-30-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:36 PM   #16
ConfusedGeek

Confusedgeek's Gamercard

i used lightning though out (even the 1st part), i did take the shield off (rt+a), and then used lightning.
ConfusedGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:16 PM   #17
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmerrell View Post
No I didnt include it by accident. It just was preventing me from getting it when I did that. Other people have stated they were able to take the shield and it still work as long as you dont use the quicktime kill. To be safe I suggest just using Fury on them. Its way quicker anyway.
You're right, actually. I didn't notice your post between Metallica's and my own (because we posted at the same time, and I was using my iPod) until a little while later, but I went back and did the first level twice. I gripped-and-ripped the shield the first time through, with no achievement, and it didn't pop until the second run, where I didn't grip the shield at all.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:22 PM   #18
davidmerrell

davidmerrell's Gamercard
Quote:
You're right, actually. I didn't notice your post between Metallica's and my own (because we posted at the same time, and I was using my iPod) until a little while later, but I went back and did the first level twice. I gripped-and-ripped the shield the first time through, with no achievement, and it didn't pop until the second run, where I didn't grip the shield at all.
Yeah, Ive learned that what works for some people may not work for others. I was not able to rip the shield and get the achievement while others stated they did. Im not saying they are lying Im just saying that did not work for my game. Glad you got it though man.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:29 PM   #19
Jon Mcloud

Jon Mcloud's Gamercard
1 simple rule

ALL you have to do.... is NEVER under any circumstances press the x button..... it's that simple..... even when you are "PROMPTED" during a cut scene.... don't press the stupid x button..... achievment will pop. and when you're fighting those homo sith avocates or whatever they're called... just move in close and press Y+b. then shock them to death or blast them. whichever.

X button = failed

Y, B, RT, and yes even LT = win
Jon Mcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:46 PM   #20
soccerstar0610

soccerstar0610's Gamercard
i tried on the first lvl multiple time and it wouldn't unlock for me. But it did work when i tried it on the second lvl of the game which was unfortunate because it took a lot longer.
soccerstar0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:27 PM   #21
RossDaLostCauze

Thanks David......just to let everyone know I tryed like 4 times b4 I made this post never used x and still didn't get the achievement I did what david said to do and got it 1st try I guess takin the shields off messes it up
Old 10-30-2010, 09:33 PM   #22
davidmerrell

davidmerrell's Gamercard
Quote:
Thanks David......just to let everyone know I tryed like 4 times b4 I made this post never used x and still didn't get the achievement I did what david said to do and got it 1st try I guess takin the shields off messes it up
Yes sir, taking the shield off does indeed mess this up. Also you are welcome. I enjoy helping out my fellow gamers.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:36 PM   #23
peppersken

The PEPman's Gamercard
same with me. didnt work on first level. just lightning'd through level 2 and it worked
peppersken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:14 PM   #24
Trdis Trvler

Trdis Trvler's Gamercard
Did mine on the 1st Salvation level, popped right before the part were you have to chase the giant spider.

GS=70K on 3/7/2013 @ 0202!!!! Now my goal is 85K by 12/31/2013!!!
Trdis Trvler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:38 AM   #25
Salminella

Salminella's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppersken View Post
same with me. didnt work on first level. just lightning'd through level 2 and it worked
Yeah, I can't get it to work on the 1st level and have played through twice.
Salminella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:46 AM   #26
davidmerrell

davidmerrell's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salminella View Post
Yeah, I can't get it to work on the 1st level and have played through twice.
You cant take the shield from the big guys. Im betting this is why you guys cant get it on the first level. You cant do any of the button mashing sequences at all. You just gotta use your fury on them so make sure when you get to them your force fury meter is full. Then click your left and right stick and do force repulse on them a couple times and it kills them instantly. Make sure to click the left and right stick once you kill the first one so you save your force energy for the next big guy. Trust me, this is the only way to make it work. Other people will tell you that you can take the shields from those dudes but you cant. Just read through this thread. Also when you knock the spire over and have to face those tall ass things with the long legs use the same method. Get close and use force repulse. It kills them very fast too. Another thing you may be doing is at the very beginning, the tutorial part, do not use your x button at all. It will tell you too but just ignore it and use force powers. It will still let you advance. If you do it just how I told you I guarantee you get the achievement. A dude earlier had the same problem and after I gave him this same strategy he got it first try. Give it a shot fellas.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:56 AM   #27
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

I'll vouch for David. The achievement didn't pop for me until I decided to stop doing any kind of QTE at all, including pulling the shields from the mechs. Lightning and repulse will get you through the level no problem, especially on easy.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:56 AM   #28
Son of Kyuss

Son of Kyuss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmerrell View Post
You cant take the shield from the big guys. Im betting this is why you guys cant get it on the first level.
False, you are allowed to take the shields away from the Carbonite War Droids, you just can't finish them off via the QTE.

Son of Kyuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:07 AM   #29
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Kyuss View Post
False, you are allowed to take the shields away from the Carbonite War Droids, you just can't finish them off via the QTE.
It seems to differ from player to player, apparently. Unless I got very unlucky, I tried the first level several times with no achievement, and I pulled the shield every time. (Never finished with a QTE and made sure I never once used any kind lightsaber attack, including blocking and parrying.) It didn't work for me until I stopped doing that.

I know some people were able to successfully rip the shield and still get the achievement, but it never worked for me for some reason.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:09 AM   #30
davidmerrell

davidmerrell's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Kyuss View Post
False, that may have been the case for you but not the case for many other people. read some of the posts in here dude. Im not the only person that has had the issue. for those that are not getting it they too obviously have the same problem so Im telling them how to get it. Then someone like you comes along and tells them they can so they keep doing it and they dont get the achievement. Im not calling you a liar Im just telling you for a fact that for some people if you take the shield you cannot get the achievement. Im guessing that it has something to do with the info on some disks. Dont know if you have played fallout new vegas yet but different discs are doing different things. Its just a common thing with games.