PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Dance Paradise
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-09-2011, 10:45 AM   #1
Mega Mayo Man

Mega Mayo Man's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
My Opinion

It's fun and enjoyable, it implements a side-steppping technique which I don't believe Dance Central has?

It has extremely annoying loading screens. not length-wise, but the same song is played over and over on them.

For example there are four columns that you can align yourself with, a dance move slowly comes down the column until it reaches the square where you're meant to perform.

So you have to process which move is going to come first, which isn't hard obviously, but aligning yourself with it, and for me making sure you're mirroring the image and not doing the exact opposite was quite tricky.

It's fun, has a very varied selection of songs, but the multiplayer is troublesome. As it divides the 4 columns into 2 each for me and a partner, it is hard to dance so close without smacking each other up lol. With the given 1m suggestion it wouldn't pick us up.

The menu mechanism in the game is actually one of the best on the kinect I think, it's another hover one but it's very accurate and doesn't wait ten minutes to move to the next screen

So on the whole yeah it's ok, but rent it instead.

Enjoy
Old 01-15-2011, 12:12 PM   #2
ButterflyEdge

ButterflyEdge's Gamercard
I've just played it today since I rented it and I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised! found it to be good fun so far!

But yeah, the loading screens are shocking.
ButterflyEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:55 AM   #3
ArtsyBakingGeek

ArtsyBakingGeek's Gamercard
I rented this game and I like it. The layout is different from the other dance games and its 'relaxed' enough to be fun. The only major complaint I have are the amount of load screens since it doesn't allow you to have a constant workout. The game is good for moving one a day that you aren't working out though.

I think I like this game better than DC and for sure better than Dance Masters. Compared to DC this game is much more relaxed and fun. Overall though I like Kinect Zumba and Wii Just Dance way better though. (Really want Just Dance released on the Kinect).
ArtsyBakingGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:34 AM   #4
Mega Mayo Man

Mega Mayo Man's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I would have to agree with you that is better than DC. DC seemed too intense for casual gamers and was hard even on easy with some tracks.
Haven't played Fitness or JD to compare too though
Old 04-21-2011, 07:06 AM   #5
Spinoff90

xHAYA8U5Ax's Gamercard
I still consider DC the best and most polished Kinect game but picked this up today and also surprised. You see the screens and stuff of this and it looks like shovelware to the max but then it is a surprisingly solid game. Biggest surprise of the year for me so far. The tracking doesn't seem as problematic as MJ can be so I would say this is the second best Kinect dancing game (Have not played Zumba yet if one would consider that a dancing game and not a fitness game) with that third and Strike A Pose Masters a distant fourth.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:13 PM   #6
MsBionicKitteh

MsBionicKitteh's Gamercard
I would have to agree. Good game overall, but two players is a bit tricky.
MsBionicKitteh is offline   Reply With Quote