PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Left 4 Dead > The Sacrifice
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-09-2011, 10:24 PM   #1
acedallas32

Angry Its 2011 and NO PATCH!! COME ON VALVE

Does anyone know anything whats so ever regarding the Left 4 Dead "The Sacrifice" Patch?
acedallas32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:34 PM   #2
bblcreator8790

bblcreator8790's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Supposedly Valve has given the patch to Microsoft and they will release it when they feel like it. All we can do is wait. Hopefully in a month or two it will be out. I agree a patch is overdue, but we'll just have to be patient.
bblcreator8790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:16 AM   #3
Bofur

Bofur22's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Dark Void got a patch 11 months later, Ghost Busters got one quite a while after it was due... Hopefully that it's at least a sign that we'll get one... In a year.
Bofur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:39 PM   #4
Dombine

Dombine's Gamercard
I would like to say Valve are probably too busy with Portal 2 as it's been delaid a few months...

I doubt that's the case but I'm not giving up on them whilst I wait for the patch. I love their titles
Dombine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:00 AM   #5
juzzy

JUSTY04's Gamercard
It's Shocking thats it's not here yet
juzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:20 AM   #6
Seoulcrusher

Seoulcrusher's Gamercard
I take comfort in knowing that I'm not alone in my frustrations.

But honestly, I've got so many other games to complete, I often forget to check this forum for updates for weeks at a time. Everything will get sorted in due time.

A watched pot never boils.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:32 PM   #7
Bullhorse

Bullhorse's Gamercard
this shouldn't surprise anyone. we're talking about a dlc that was announced late, released late, and was always supposed to be FIVE scenes. the fact that it also has broken achievements w/ a fix that may not even come is just icing on the cake. can't wait to never buy L4D3...

Bullhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:49 PM   #8
LUXB0X

LUXB0X's Gamercard
I think it's rather harsh to say you won't buy a product (in this case l4d3) because of a previous product. Sure I'm frustrated just like all of you and I can rant and rave all day about it but I'll get straight to my point as to why boycotting isn't necessarily the answer. Left4Dead 1 has always had issues with the servers and dlc. Issues of either released on time or glitched, regardless - issues are issues. We all speculated if the new dlc would be glitched before it even came out and referenced it to being another crash course in the making. It really can't be a complete surprise that it wasn't 100% what we expected which sucks in the long run but it's still a decent product. Left4Dead 2's version of this wasn't glitched at all. It seems that the issues lie somewhere in L4D1's coding. So saying you wouldn't buy L4D3 wouldn't make any sense, it'd more than likely be glitch free just like 2 was.

As said before, if you want to hurt valve and not penalize yourself and enjoy some of their new titles - you have the option to not purchase the game as new - yet purchase it used and hit them where it hurts. Wait til it's a few weeks or months old and ensure that it's quality then go buy it used. Simple enough.
LUXB0X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:53 PM   #9
Rachel Alucard

This game is good enough on it's own, I dont see a problem playing it like a civilized human being until the patch arrives, do you?
Rachel Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:52 PM   #10
verybadloser

Very Bad Loser's Gamercard
"Left4Dead 2's version of this wasn't glitched at all." sorry, but, hahahhahahhahahahhahahahah, you might be able to get the achievements, but please don't pretend it's not full of glitches.

Valve will probably announce a patch in about 3 months, so expect to wait until April 2012

http://my360stats.com/gs/Very+Bad+Loser/

Games Started : 116
Games Completed 100% : 107

Last edited by verybadloser; 01-11-2011 at 10:57 PM.
verybadloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:25 AM   #11
Fighter Hawk

Fighter Hawk's Gamercard
Its so depressing seeing that I cant 100% the game. stupid valve
Fighter Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:32 PM   #12
Chathams Finest

Chathams Finest's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by verybadloser View Post
"Left4Dead 2's version of this wasn't glitched at all." sorry, but, hahahhahahhahahahhahahahah, you might be able to get the achievements, but please don't pretend it's not full of glitches.

Valve will probably announce a patch in about 3 months, so expect to wait until April 2012
Granted, I didn't play sacrifice till a week or so after it came out on L4D2, but what glitches? Seems pretty polished to me.
Chathams Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:56 PM   #13
Bullhorse

Bullhorse's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXB0X View Post
As said before, if you want to hurt valve and not penalize yourself and enjoy some of their new titles - you have the option to not purchase the game as new - yet purchase it used and hit them where it hurts. Wait til it's a few weeks or months old and ensure that it's quality then go buy it used. Simple enough.
that's what i meant. i've talked about it in some of the other threads.

fuck valve in the ass, they have a lot of people who love to make excuses for them (they're a pc company! nyahh!) but the bottom line is that they charged us for dlc (TWICE for the sacrifice!!) and didn't deliver a solid product. they blatantly LIED about the sacrifice in the months leading up to its release. they very well may have LIED when they said a patch for 360 was imminent. they suck.

Old 01-12-2011, 06:57 PM   #14
Bullhorse

Bullhorse's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Alucard View Post
This game is good enough on it's own, I dont see a problem playing it like a civilized human being until the patch arrives, do you?
yeah, because people who have 1450 points in L4D1 haven't played it enough yet, right?

be gone.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:21 PM   #15
Lava Tonsil

andydubyew's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Community Gaming - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullhorse View Post
that's what i meant. i've talked about it in some of the other threads.

fuck valve in the ass, they have a lot of people who love to make excuses for them (they're a pc company! nyahh!) but the bottom line is that they charged us for dlc (TWICE for the sacrifice!!) and didn't deliver a solid product. they blatantly LIED about the sacrifice in the months leading up to its release. they very well may have LIED when they said a patch for 360 was imminent. they suck.
I'm pretty sure they don't charge for the DLC, microsoft does. I'm not saying they don't see some money from it but it's microsoft that makes most DLC be paid for.
Valve are notoriusly slow to do anything, i get the frustration some are having but this was to be expected. Sucks but it's true.
Lava Tonsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:01 PM   #16
Vitality gauge

vitality gauge's Gamercard
Yeah just patch it already so that we can all unlock the last achievement and trade in our copies of the game .
Vitality gauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:09 PM   #17
DeekBoy

Send a message via AIM to DeekBoy

DeekBoy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Donator - Level 2   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   PAX Meet 2010   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
nothing we can do but wait it out and hope that it hits soon, just need to move on for now

Punish The Deserving

DeekBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:22 AM   #18
DerEnglaender

MakeMeACoffee's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeekBieberBoy View Post
nothing we can do but wait it out and hope that it hits soon, just need to move on for now
OR actually send a message to VALVe?

DerEnglaender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:58 PM   #19
Buruma

burumanet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerEnglaender View Post
OR actually send a message to VALVe?
Plenty of people have been doing just that. Myself included. All they will say now is that they have passed the update on to Microsoft. Assuming their employees are telling the truth, it's up to Microsoft now. All we can do is wait.
Buruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:58 PM   #20
amacteur
In the sky

Send a message via Skype™ to amacteur

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
I don't care about waiting few more weeks/months, I just want it to work, not like the damn patch made by those retarded from Terminal Reality...
Old 01-13-2011, 11:23 PM   #21
Lystar

Lystar's Gamercard
I'm not holding my breath on a patch here... Crash Course came out when? And it's glitchy achievements still haven't been patched.

I wish there was a little more transparency on Microsoft's end; A list of titles with patches awaiting approval for release. Then the developers can't hide behind the excuse "We already submitted it". Honestly I don't believe that they have submitted anything to MS.

I'm holding on to my MS points until I'm able to get 1500/1500.
Lystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:18 AM   #22
NITEMARECREATOR

NITEMARECREATOR's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lystar View Post
I'm not holding my breath on a patch here... Crash Course came out when? And it's glitchy achievements still haven't been patched.

I wish there was a little more transparency on Microsoft's end; A list of titles with patches awaiting approval for release. Then the developers can't hide behind the excuse "We already submitted it".

Honestly I don't believe that they have submitted anything to MS.
I'm holding on to my MS points until I'm able to get 1500/1500.
I 2nd that notion as well. It is too easy for a company to blame Microshaft by stating that excuse. Patches take approximately 2 weeks to go thru the certification process, not months. And if you are naive and "trust" what game developers say, then you are dumber than a post.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:20 AM   #23
Cynic8387

Cynic8387's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava Tonsil View Post
I'm pretty sure they don't charge for the DLC, microsoft does. I'm not saying they don't see some money from it but it's microsoft that makes most DLC be paid for.
Valve are notoriusly slow to do anything, i get the frustration some are having but this was to be expected. Sucks but it's true.
I'll give you the point on the DLC, but Valve is slow? You do know that the PC version of L4D1 got a Sacrifizzle patch 3 days after it was released right?
Cynic8387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:56 PM   #24
Bullhorse

Bullhorse's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lava tonsil View Post
i'm pretty sure they don't charge for the dlc, microsoft does. I'm not saying they don't see some money from it but it's microsoft that makes most dlc be paid for.
that is NOT an acceptable fucking excuse, yet it's one i hear CONSTANTLY. that's a load of bullshit, pure and simple. it may not have been their idea to charge a fee, but they are still responsible.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:39 PM   #25
Tonic24k

Tonic24k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
that is NOT an acceptable fucking excuse, yet it's one i hear CONSTANTLY. that's a load of bullshit, pure and simple. it may not have been their idea to charge a fee, but they are still responsible.
The effective range of an excuse is 0 meters.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:30 AM   #26
MoldyClay87

Send a message via AIM to MoldyClay87

MoldyClay87's Gamercard
Given that Ghostbusters and Dark Void both got patches, and some Japanese game got patched 2 years later, I feel like it will eventually get patched, so I'm not that worried.

I got Left 4 Dead used for $10 at FYE some months back, got Crash Course on discount and bought The Sacrifice with free Bing Rewards points. So Valve saw very little money from me anyway. I can't be mad. Especially since it's just one achievement. It'll work itself out eventually.

100% Retail: 21/78 ; 100% Arcade: 46/87
Most Recent: Clive Barker's Jericho ; Contrast
MoldyClay87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:02 PM   #27
AthenCarpenter

If only we had the freedom to download The Sacrifice for free and pay Valve a few years down the line when we feel like it, which is essentially what we gamers are being subjected to until Sacrifizzle is patched.
The finger pointing at Microsoft is ridiculous because the bottom line is that Valve should not have submitted broken DLC to Microsoft in the first place. All it takes is one of us achievement loving gamers to test the Achievements and see that Sacrifizzle was glitched. There were only five new achievements added, did no one play test this?
It is embarrassing for Valve and insulting to me as a consumer, who willingly paid for The Sacrifice DLC for both L4D and L4D2. I will be patiently waiting for the Sacrifizzle patch to eventually release, but this will be the last dollar from my pocket spent to continue supporting Valve's broken system. Thank you for the memories.
AthenCarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:18 PM   #28
JennyOwnz

JennyOwnz's Gamercard
It is finally patched guys so go on and get your achievement. LOL
Old 01-19-2011, 06:25 PM   #29
Lava Tonsil

andydubyew's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Community Gaming - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
It's not an excuse, just an opinion. Personally it makes no difference to me so...
Lava Tonsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:59 AM   #30
Motorexskygtr32

MotorexGTR32's Gamercard
I want people to know this what I am about to say this to Valve.

I have 3 words to you. FUCK YOU, VALVE.

I am done with their products and will not buy from them again. I have had enough with them.

Motorexskygtr32 is offline   Reply With Quote