PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-10-2011, 09:53 PM   #1
judd90

Judd90's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Gearbox: 'More To Do' With Borderlands

Quote:
Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford has told NowGamer that there's more that can be done with co-op loot-and-shoot franchise Borderlands
Borderlands hit the scene in 2009 and was a surprise hit for Gearbox and publisher 2K, and went on to spawn four DLC packs, the last of which, Claptrap's New Robot Revolution, arrived at the end of September.

In an exclusive interview we asked Pitchford about the future of the franchise. "Well, we love it!" he told NowGamer. "We launched our fourth DLC not too long ago and when we finished the third DLC I [went] and asked the folks a few questions and they said “We think this is going to be our last DLC.” Turns out it wasn't [laughs].

“We know we're not done with the franchise”
"I asked the same question after the fourth and the answer was “Well, it's the last one we've planned.” We were really excited to do more and the customers were really excited about more: We love what we've done with Borderlands and we know that there's more that we need to do and that the customers are looking forward to. We know we're not done with the franchise and we'll be letting you know what we're doing before too long."
We contacted a 2K representative for more info, but they declined to comment.

Source: Nowgamer
Thought this would be interesting for some so i posted it.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:10 PM   #2
ExtremeRugburn

Extreme Rugburn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
We all know they are not done. Their next installment is heavily rumored to be titled Borderworlds. I doubt their will be anymore DLC though since they have already hit the 1750 mark. I would think Borderworlds (or whatever the title) will release in 2012.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:16 PM   #3
judd90

Judd90's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeRugburn View Post
We all know they are not done. Their next installment is heavily rumored to be titled Borderworlds. I doubt their will be anymore DLC though since they have already hit the 1750 mark. I would think Borderworlds (or whatever the title) will release in 2012.
I don't see why they wouldn't make more tho, take it to 2000+.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:42 PM   #4
ExtremeRugburn

Extreme Rugburn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by judd90 View Post
I don't see why they wouldn't make more tho, take it to 2000+.
They wont because Microsoft doesnt want more than 1750. The few exceptions have valid reasons for going over 1750 such as Family game night which is actually several smaller games and I believe their is a warhammer title that is 2000 but that is only because it has two games in one.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:44 PM   #5
judd90

Judd90's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeRugburn View Post
They wont because Microsoft doesnt want more than 1750. The few exceptions have valid reasons for going over 1750 such as Family game night which is actually several smaller games and I believe their is a warhammer title that is 2000 but that is only because it has two games in one.
Why don't they want more than 1750? I would do it because of the money they would make off DLC.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:00 PM   #6
Ice Car

Send a message via Skype™ to Ice Car

Ice Car's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I read this on Gearbox Forums already and responded. I find the lack of details not enough to confirm anything, and with Gearbox already working on DNF and Aliens, I think it'll be another year or two before an official announcement that it's started is released.

http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com...d.php?t=116037

「Tumblr」「Anime List」「Gifs」

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Ice Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:18 PM   #7
elew2

extremmonkeyboy's Gamercard
borderlands is awesome
elew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:31 PM   #8
Ice Car

Send a message via Skype™ to Ice Car

Ice Car's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by elew2 View Post
borderlands is awesome
Yeah, that's nice. You contributed to the topic very much sir.

Nice to see another person that likes the game though...

「Tumblr」「Anime List」「Gifs」

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Ice Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:49 AM   #9
xOhNoes11

I OhNoes I's Gamercard
Whatever the case may be, I am super excited for a sequel whenever it comes out. I can't believe I've already put in about 7 days worth of time mostly with friends.
xOhNoes11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:01 AM   #10
metallicorphan

metallicorphan's Gamercard

Quote:
Why don't they want more than 1750? I would do it because of the money they would make off DLC.
its part of Microsoft rules which they themselves keep breaking,LOL

at first the achievements couldn't add up for more than 1000 and Arcade games 200,and then they kept rising it for DLC,same with the Arcade game sizes(as in MB/GB etc)....i would be happy if MS lifted this barrier,i am happy with the game with no DLC being 1000 max,but the more DLC that gets released i don't see why they don't just let them have 250 for each DLC,no matter how many pieces of DLC gets released

having just got the 1750/1750 last week,i would love more DLC

I've had many questions about 'The Amazing World of Gumball' gamerpic,it was part of a competition on the XBL UK dashboard a couple of years ago(download to enter kinda thing),and they don't seem to be available for normal download at all,and the competition(which i didn't win)has obviously ended
metallicorphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:38 AM   #11
Schism

Schism Octopus's Gamercard

Microsoft needs to just take that damn barrier off completely and just let the developers make whatever dlc they want. Isnt there also a "SIZE" limit also? like the dlc cant be to big or M$ is NO! i enjoyed borderlands it just got a tad old to me..got really repetitive after the first playthrough to me..only dlc i got was i think the armory one.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:37 PM   #12
Kunduz

Herr Karamell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
I'm pretty sure Gearbox want it too, but as previous poster stated that Microsoft cap GS at 1750 (with a few exceptions).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
In that case, people will have to download more RAM for it. Consoles have come a long way since they first appeared, so this is very possible.
Kunduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:47 PM   #13
Viruss

Venom Weapon X6's Gamercard
Yeah, of the top of my head, Warhammer is 2000 GS. Aside from this and Family Game Night, I can't really recall any others that have 2000+ gamerscore. My thing is if gamerscore is really an arbitrary number which has no value to any one other than the individual gamer, why put a cap on the amount a game can get to? I digress though. Another DLC would be welcome if it was well made.
Viruss is offline   Reply With Quote