Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > The Saboteur
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-12-2011, 02:43 AM   #1
JacksonSilex

Jackson Silex's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Most Underrated Game Ever

I platinumed this thing on the PS3 and loved it so much. Then sadly I kept seeing it in bargain bins for 10 bucks and had to buy it for the 360 as well.

Started playing it again tonight and wow, I just love this game. Amazing with their history mixed with the absurd. The darkness to light as you free areas, the audio, the visuals, it's just beautiful.

Who's with me?
JacksonSilex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:44 AM   #2
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
underated yes, most underrated naaa
Old 01-12-2011, 03:06 AM   #3
judd90

Judd90's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
It is underated but not the most.

I loved this game, and everyone else i know that played it loved it as well. I loved the climbing and all the free roam missions. Very good game in my opinion 8/10.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:57 AM   #4
slipintonite

Send a message via AIM to slipintonite

slipintonite's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
i could not agree more, obviously most aspects of this game have been done before but i can honestly say this game is the most fun i've had with any game in a very long time. just brings me back to the reason why i play games, and i promise it's not because i'm a jew! lol

thanks to Gackt for the amazing sig!
slipintonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:52 AM   #5
drenchattack12

Send a message via AIM to drenchattack12

drenchattack12's Gamercard
Sadly, I had never even heard of this game when it came out in '09. I was in a local used movie, music, and games store where I'm from and saw it in their 360 section and picked it up on a whim since I got it pretty cheap (there were a ridiculous amount of copies there).

I knew it was WWII based but that was about it (which is partially why I got it), so when I started playing it I was relatively surprised at how much I enjoyed it and how its style sort of resembled a GTA type deal with going to different people for missions and the acts of sabotage you could do. Certainly an underrated game and I'm glad I picked it up.
drenchattack12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:13 PM   #6
BUZZARDIO 1080

BUZZARDIO 1080's Gamercard
Yeah i just picked it up from second hand game store, and its awsome,i would have definatly not been upset if id bought it full price, its great.
BUZZARDIO 1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:55 AM   #7
krab3k

krab3k's Gamercard
Very good game (about 90% through.......although about 13% on the freeplay through grrrrrrr) but def not the most underrated......for me that goes to Mirror's Edge :-)

1000G+ (31)

800+ (12)

Currently Playing
Burnout Paradise, GTAIV, RSV2, WET, BioShock, Assasins Creed, GH5
krab3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:04 AM   #8
Violent

Send a message via AIM to Violent

B0OZE's Gamercard
I have had this game for almost 2 months now without ever playing it. Seeing all the good things about it, I might just play it for once.

“The truth is you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed.”
~ Eminem
Violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:36 PM   #9
Banana Xtreme

Banana Xtreme16's Gamercard
It is underrated, but not the most, that's for sure. The game "sins" in a couple of aspects that are essencial to sandbox games, some of which, the terrible driving system, and the freeplay targets saving. It is a good game, but nothing special. It underrated, since it won the "Best of E3 2009 for Artistic Design" by IGN, and the game, somewhat disapointed. It was set a level that the game didn't correspond to, still, it's one hell of a game!
Banana Xtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:36 AM   #10
GORQITO

gorqito's Gamercard
I also agree that this game is underrated. None of my friends have really heard about it, but it is a great deal of fun. There are a few knocks against it; I found it to be a bit short, and some missions make me want to pull my hair out. Too many freeplay targets too, in my opinion, but it does add to the game world; the whole fact that Nazi's occupied and "controlled" France.

GORQITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:21 AM   #11
enderflame

Ender Flame's Gamercard
I found this game to be one the most fun games I've ever played. The free play targets may have seemed overwhelming at the beginning, but towards the end it didn't feel like I'm just doing this for the 1k. They mutated to be the factor that let the game continue in my mind and for that the game was too short. The game was very underrated but I found the most to mirror's edge and prototype. In Both almost everyone complained about the achievements, but they weren't hard if you knew how the games worked. This game had the same qualities with achievements that seemed too long for most but too short for the rest. I really wish Pandemic finds this game one of their greatest successes and I wish they could have made a sequel, I feel that it is justly deserved for such an incredible game. Maybe one day the major franchise factions will dry up and the little guys will be able to take over the industry and make games that are actual fun to play. But the fact that the industry resist change, and a little game needs a huge amount of brute force to just make it into the competition, is sad. I blame all the little kids who just see their friends playing a game and need to buy. It had a real story (COD 1-6 didn't have one give it up) that so many other shooters neglect to include, since they believe no one plays the story and only multiplayer. Which I personally find really sad, western games need to find the time to mature story lines and give out a product that carries itself and ads don't need to carry them to the bank. Support needs to be give to the people who really try make a great game and not just a copy of a previous game that made the studio tons of money.

That is the end of my rant it went sightly off topic and I am sorry for that but it needed to be said one day, and I hope that companies are already incorporating stories into their next game they published.

Last edited by enderflame; 02-01-2011 at 04:54 AM.
enderflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:49 PM   #12
Paka

bucfanpaka's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Talking

I agree it is definitely underrated. I've gotten addicted to it pretty quickly; it never gets old for me blowing up the Nazi's stuff. Sean is a great game lead, and it does an excellent job of combining humor with a serious story. Great setting. The use of color is really neat. ONLY gripe so far would be some of the controls-- having to click down L3 to sprint, and some of the car handling.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:05 PM   #13
Daiphyer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Daiphyer.

M2JH's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
This is perhaps the most underrated game for Xbox 360. Hands down the most underrated in 2009. I LOVED every second of it. When I stopped playing my cheeks hurt because I was smiling the whole time. Now that there is no more Pandemic, I'm heartbroken that there won't be a sequel. Goddammit you stupid critics. "NA NA THEY RIPPED OFF AC NA NA"
Daiphyer. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:35 AM   #14
Snoop QC

snoop qc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
I agree it is definitely underrated. I've gotten addicted to it pretty quickly; it never gets old for me blowing up the Nazi's stuff. Sean is a great game lead, and it does an excellent job of combining humor with a serious story. Great setting. The use of color is really neat. ONLY gripe so far would be some of the controls-- having to click down L3 to sprint, and some of the car handling.
I totally agree and this game is even better when you watch Inglorious Basterds first!

Achievements completion : 99,39%
Gamerscore completion : 99,35%
Retail games completed : 70/74
I'm a completionist!!!

If you send a friend request, please send a message telling why, otherwise I will just ignore it
Snoop QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:00 PM   #15
Toubaias

Toubaias's Gamercard
I'm inclined to agree. I completed this game ages ago, but I just don't have the heart to trade it in or sell it. It's just so satisfying stealthkilling Nazis and blowing up their stuff. Fantastic atmosphere!
Toubaias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:35 AM   #16
Tom Bennett lfc

Tom bennett lfc's Gamercard
i only just got this game 5 days ago ive been addicted to it ive done everything apart from the ambient freeplays in the country side and paris part 1 the game does have some major glitches tho which is annoying glad i only rented it lol i love lovefilm
Tom Bennett lfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:37 PM   #17
Dcon6393

dcon6393's Gamercard
I just got this game as a purchase I figured I might regret.... I do not. Thia game is not under rated per say. It got decent reviews, i just think it was under advertised. I never heard of this game before doing 30 mins of research to find stealth games. This game is very good, I would highly suggest it.

This game is a hybrid of:

GTA: openness, gunplay, etc.
Assassin's Creed: climbing mechanic
stealth games: stealth mechanic

Now the stealth mechanic is not complete IMO, but I love acting like a Nazi haha.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:12 PM   #18
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
This game is awesome. It's so much fun. It's the first game in a while where I want to do every single thing in this game because of how much I enjoy it, not just for achievements. I can't believe I never heard of this game before I picked it up used a month ago. Definitely underrated.
Necrophage33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:27 PM   #19
JDMBO1

JDMBO1's Gamercard

It's sad this game never reached the spot light, and to think Pandemic's last game was so great but never got the chance to shine. In all honesty though I think this game is really amazing it does immerse you in the time period. The whole black and white to color is in it's own self pretty cool, and this actually does pose some fault though. The story although generic was a actually pretty great, and the ending wasn't actually pretty good. The game is free roam after even beating it, but that's just for more fun. The downfall is once everything's said and down this game does lose it's fun factor, then again what game does when you've done everything.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:08 PM   #20
Mattness2007

mattness2007's Gamercard
this was so underated it should be classed as a crime
Mattness2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:31 PM   #21
Stonzy

JacketedThunder's Gamercard
Loved this one from start till about 70% through the free play, got a bit of a pain in the arse getting all those sabotage points
Stonzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:36 AM   #22
GrimSovereignty

Send a message via Skype™ to GrimSovereignty

GrimSovereignty's Gamercard

I completely agree this game is very underrated, the first week it came out it was at gamestop for like 40 dollars and then like a week later its 10, i think it was a great game and whole color changing idea was genius.
GrimSovereignty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:36 AM   #23
McRedRover

mcredrover's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattness2007 View Post
this was so underated it should be classed as a crime
I agree. Everyone needs to play this game.
McRedRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:08 AM   #24
leeloo

Pinkunoichi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Completely agree. I loved this game but haven't even finished up all the ambient free play challenges. Completing LA Noire made me want to replay Saboteur again .. it's dare I say it .. better?
leeloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:38 AM   #25
pookie9121

Pookie9121's Gamercard
It was a really good game.
pookie9121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 11:26 PM   #26
JohnAizen

JohnAizen's Gamercard
I agree whole-heartedly, this game NEEDS more recognition than it has
JohnAizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:57 AM   #27
Sampson

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
It is rather underrated. The music when you're driving through the country is my favourite part. It is phenominal. I just wish that after you beat it that there was an option to turn the colour back to black and white. It was a reelly cool effect!

"Everyone is entitled to their own sorrow, for the
heart has no metrics or form of measure. And all of
it... irreplaceable."

Thanks to Rajeanero for the excellent signature!
Sampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:28 PM   #28
rcrummel

rcrummel's Gamercard
Underrated for sure. If most A Creed fans played the game, I think they would be satisfied. I noticed the writers of gamespot rated the game 7.5 (42 critics), but the users, rated it an 8.1 (992 reviews).
rcrummel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:37 PM   #29
Breedhate68

breedhate68's Gamercard
Wow, I originally didn't buy due to reviews and then purchased last month for a buy 2 get 1 free deal. This game is Awesome, I love it. I bought AC but gotten bored in an hour and never played again. I love taken over street by street and hopping in an AAgun an wreaking havoc. 100% agree about under rated. Also so far no glitches like other highly rated sand box games (fallout LV)
Breedhate68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:19 AM   #30
Muse89

Ragnarok K1's Gamercard
I was really excited for this when it was in development, but after a series of poor reviews I decided not to buy it. I picked it up for £8 and I honestly cant see what the problem was. I'm only on act 2 but I'm loving every minute of it, and to top it all off, its a game that actually lasts more than 6-8 hours. Cannot recommend this game enough to anyone that hasn't played it yet