PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-12-2011, 09:43 PM   #1
judd90

Judd90's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
New Elder Scrolls V Skyrim details

Source: IGN

Quote:
Skyrm's story is set 200 years after the events of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and the world of Tamriel is in shambles. The empire has fallen to the elves, the Blades are gone, the Nords hate each other, and a civil war is about the break out. Oh, and that big dragon the Elder Scrolls prophesied about? Yeah, he's arrived, too. Players will take control of the last remaining Dragonborn, a dragon hunter anointed by the gods to help fend off the threat.

Bethesda's newest title features a brand-spanking new engine where every object in the game now casts a shadow as well as improved draw-distances. Textures are sharper and more detailed and the environments are livelier. There's also the addition of a HUD-less first-person view and "improved" third-person camera option.

There will be five massive cities that span Skyrim's environment, which ranges from frozen tundra to rocky mountain tops. There is also new wildlife, such as Sabre-toothed Cats and Wooly Mammoths.

The combat is getting a bit of an overhaul, too. Players will be able to equip any weapon or spell to either hand at any time and even duel wield two of the same weapon. A new customizable menu is being added to help swap load-outs easily in battle.

Bethesda has also done away with the character class system and reworked the game's leveling mechanic. Players' skills will level up the more they are used, contributing to your overall level growth. "Raising one skill from 34 to 35 is going to level you faster than raising one from 11 to 12," Bethesda designer Todd Howard told the magazine. Players can also level pass 50, but it becomes much slower after that point.

The team has also added Fallout 3's perk system, where each new level gained allows players to add special abilities to their character, including increase in damage to dagger stealth attacks or allowing your mace to ignore enemy armor.

Skyrim's NPC conversations are a lot more realistic. Aside from including even more voice actors, the AI-controlled characters will actually move about and continue on with the activities they were doing before being interrupted. Towns also include more activities to do, such farming, mining, woodcutting and cooking.

Bethesda also revamped the game's menu system. Howard said the team used Apple's iTunes as inspiration and direction. Players will be greeted with a compass-style overlay with four options: Skill, Inventory, Map, and Magic. Weapons and spells can be tagged as a 'favorite' for quick selection. Every item is a 3D object than can be viewed and examined.

Check out the latest issue of Game Informer for additional details.

Skyrim is set for release on November 11, 2011 for Xbox 360, PC, and PlayStation 3.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
judd90

Judd90's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Sounds like its going to be AWESOME!!!

What do you guys think of them adding the Fallout 3 perk system?
Old 01-12-2011, 10:32 PM   #3
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts   Micro Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Talking

i think the perk system will be fantastic. fallout 3 was great and the perks just helped make your character more unique to your playing style. i cant fucking wait for this game!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2011, 10:36 PM   #4
judd90

Judd90's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottttocs View Post
i think the perk system will be fantastic. fallout 3 was great and the perks just helped make your character more unique to your playing style. i cant fucking wait for this game!!!!!!
Notice thee release date?

11/11/11

They have stolen the usual COD release date lol. Good time to release it tho, Christmas sales etc. they will make heaps.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:59 PM   #5
MAD MAZTEC

XxXDj RoOsTaXxX's Gamercard
Wish it was here earlier than novemberx but hey its EPICNESS

XBL GT - xxxdj roostaxxx
MAD MAZTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:17 PM   #6
judd90

Judd90's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD MAZTEC View Post
Wish it was here earlier than novemberx but hey its EPICNESS
I think everyone does, it will be worth the wait tho (knock on wood).

I get a few games early as my cousin has a mate that can get them (must be a manager or something) so hopefully i can get this early. It would only be like 2-3 days early mind you.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:24 PM   #7
Volzagia

Volzagia's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Cant actually wait!
Old 01-12-2011, 11:49 PM   #8
Sir JL

Sir JL's Gamercard
There is an excellent article / coverage on this game in the latest Game Informer magazine. I love Oblivion, but this one may make a stand against it, or come close. Time will tell!

Sir JL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:44 AM   #9
Frank_The_Bison

The Holy Bison's Gamercard
Oblivion is the one game from the beginning of the 360 lifespan that I still play on a regular basis. I'm hoping Skyrim will keep me busy for more than 5 years.

Frank_The_Bison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:58 AM   #10
Dcon6393

dcon6393's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir JL View Post
There is an excellent article / coverage on this game in the latest Game Informer magazine. I love Oblivion, but this one may make a stand against it, or come close. Time will tell!
I just read the Game Informer article and I am more pumped than I thought I could be. They seem to really listen to their fans, something other companies seem to forget about. I really like the new leveling system on paper. It seems it will be better than Oblivion's and make your character unique everytime

The glory for everything goes to God.

Passages of great significance to Christians:
Matthew 7: 1-5
Ephesians 2: 1-10
Ephesians 4: 17-32
1 Peter 2: 11-25
Dcon6393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:51 AM   #11
Deadly Noob92

Deadly Noob92's Gamercard
they should inculed the areas of all previous elder scrolls game....probably would be the biggest game world in all video game history. that would be epic.

need a boosting partner for:
Deadly Noob92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:06 PM   #12
BLOOdREDkN7GHT

BLOOdREDkN7GHT's Gamercard
has anyone seen this:

http://www.bethsoft.com/elder_council_wallpaper/

it counted down and then reset, i have now idea what bethesda is doing with this site and the "countdown"...

- Retail 1000+: [42] - Arcade 200+: [23] - Games Played: [290] -
- First Achievement: [Escaped the Imperial Sewers, OBLIVION; 4/27/2006] -
- Currently Working On: [Grand Theft Auto V] -
BLOOdREDkN7GHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:10 PM   #13
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts   Micro Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOOdREDkN7GHT View Post
has anyone seen this:

http://www.bethsoft.com/elder_council_wallpaper/

it counted down and then reset, i have now idea what bethesda is doing with this site and the "countdown"...
cant wait to see what they're gonna show, nice find.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:12 PM   #14
wright3034

VELOSCILLATOR's Gamercard
civil war is about THE break out? dont they mean about TO break out.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:19 PM   #15
wright3034

VELOSCILLATOR's Gamercard
great frozen tundra, snowy mountain tops, the world is in shambles.

ive had to deal with this bleak bland desolate wasteland setting for almost 6 years now, playing the fallout games, waiting for a new elder scrolls to come out so i can get back to the fantasy setting, with green grass and blue skies, now i get to hear that they are making skyrim more like fallout, great.

maybe im done with bethesda...
Old 02-24-2011, 02:34 PM   #16
BLOOdREDkN7GHT

BLOOdREDkN7GHT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by wright3034 View Post
great frozen tundra, snowy mountain tops, the world is in shambles.

ive had to deal with this bleak bland desolate wasteland setting for almost 6 years now, playing the fallout games, waiting for a new elder scrolls to come out so i can get back to the fantasy setting, with green grass and blue skies, now i get to hear that they are making skyrim more like fallout, great.

maybe im done with bethesda...
If you look at other screenshots, and read about the game, there is supposed to be a multitude of different landscapes, similar to Oblivion, plus i dont think a civil war means shambles, there will still be great fantasy buildings and cities, but hopefully the "upcoming" in-game footage will tell us more, but i would never count out bethesda

- Retail 1000+: [42] - Arcade 200+: [23] - Games Played: [290] -
- First Achievement: [Escaped the Imperial Sewers, OBLIVION; 4/27/2006] -
- Currently Working On: [Grand Theft Auto V] -
BLOOdREDkN7GHT is offline   Reply With Quote