Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-15-2011, 05:33 AM   #1
raptor94k

raptor94k's Gamercard
Fastest way to get my final achievements

I apologize if something like this has been asked before but I didn't see it anywhere.

I am a level 60 soldier about to finish up my Insanity playthrough. I will have the soldier ally achievement left and all of the "powers" achievements (tech and biotic). I really only see two ways to grind out the final achievements:

1. Use my level 60 soldier to burn through the game on Easy and get the solider ally achievement. Then make an Adept character and run through Eden Prime to grind out the powers achievements on a Citadel Transport Terminal. Then make an Engineer character and run through Eden Prime to grind out power achievements on walls and terminals and Fist's turrets.

2. Use a level 1 Adept or Engineer character to run through the game on Easy and get soldier ally achievement while get powers achievements. Then make the opposite character and run through Eden Prime to finish grinding out the other power achievements.

Which one of these would be faster? Which one would be less boring? (Keep in mind that I just played through this game two times in a row, so playing through the game a third time sounds pretty boring to me, so the faster that part goes the better)
raptor94k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:31 PM   #2
norm130

Merv130's Gamercard
I would say option 1 would be the quickest, level 60 character on easy would blitz everything in no time. Plus it only takes around 5 hours to grind out the soldier and engineer achievements if i remember rightly
norm130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:38 PM   #3
VinnyVicious

I'm working on my final achievements also (all of the powers) and I think that your second option would be much less boring. You have to get to around level 6 to be able to use all of the adept powers, I've put an hour into it and am just barely there. There are so many unskippable cut scenes, especially in the beginning, that I can't imagine having to play through an additional time just to get an ally achievement.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:15 AM   #4
rekikire

rekikire x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   1,000 Posts   x360a Representer   GSL 10 Winner   GSL 10 MVP   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Option 1 was the way that I finished up the last of my mass effect achievements, I worked out that would be the quicker way.
rekikire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:08 AM   #5
KayCeaEffahless

Location: Climbing the insurmountable mental peak...Still got a ways to go (. ▽ `.)ノ

Statikc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I agree with what everyone else has said, Option 1 is the best by far. With a lvl 60 on easy you can BLITZ through the main story, skipping all dialogue and killing anyone in your path with ease. Then make the Adept/Engineer and knock out there skill related achievements. Basically you're on the home stretch.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:45 AM   #6
ZonaBoy 89

Wow nice to know may come in handy on my last play through.
ZonaBoy 89 is offline   Reply With Quote