PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dragon Age: Origins > Golems of Amgarrak
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-21-2011, 08:13 PM   #1
FlyersFan20

Send a message via AIM to FlyersFan20

FlyersFan20's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Easy Grim Reaper on Hard w/ Rogue

So, last night I finally imported a character into Golems and on my first try was able to practically solo the Harvester on Hard. I wanted to share my method hoping it could help someone.

This method is entirely gear and spec dependant.

What I was using:

Enchanter's Cowl (10% Dodge, DA:O version, you can buy it from the grocer in Amaranthine in DA:A)

Battledress of the Provocateur (5% Dodge, with 3 5% Dodge Evasion Runes)

Voice of Velvet (25% Dodge, with 3 Intensifying runes from the Bartender in Amaranthine)

Vigilance (10% Dodge, Longsword "Whatever aid it can lend me in defense." version from "Worked to the Bone" quest, also 3 Intensifying runes)

Cailan's Greaves (20% Dodge, Return to Ostagar DLC)

When you start Golems, you have a book to reset your spec. After using the book these are the parts of the spec that are required:

STR: 42 (Required for Cailan's Greaves)
Everything else in DEX

Skills:

Master Combat Training
Master Vitality
Master Clarity

Put the rest of your points in your favorite skills.

Abilities:

Required:

Evasion
Endure Hardship from Legionaire Scout spec (You can buy the book in Amaranthine)
The rest of my points I scattered in Assassin, Dualist, Dual Weapon Fighting and Standard Rogue talents.

What Endure Hardship lets you do is any damage you actually take is subtracted from your Stamina, not your health.

All the dodge allowed me to completely ignore the skeletons, not even once did they even hit me.

The only damage I had to worry about was during the Harvesters 1st form he reaches into his stomach and drops a bomb on the floor, you usually have enough time to kite before he drops it. Once I took enough damage to bring down my Endure Hardship shield, but all I did was kite until it cooled down. You can use stamina draughts during the fight, I used two suburb ones, and not a single health poultice.

Thinking about getting a Japanese Xbox?
Check out my FAQ:

Import Collection: A Train HX | Blue Dragon (JP) | Blue Dragon (Asia) [English Menus] | Every Party | Diario | Absolute Blazing Infinity | Rain | TGM: Ace | Oneechanbara vorteX | The Idolm@ster | Aquazone | Super Robot Taisen XO
On Pre-Order: Trusty Bell (Eternal Sonata)
FlyersFan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:49 AM   #2
Toams07

Toamss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Sounds nice.
Already got the achievement but I'll try this method out with my Rogue on Nightmare ..

Thanks to DEG23 for the azaming Trials Evo sig!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the fantastic Joker avatar!
Toams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:40 AM   #3
WarMachineBR

WarMachineBR's Gamercard
SOMEONE STICKY THIS, IT REALLY WORKS AND IT'S VERY EASY!! Tried this with my Elf Rogue 34, using this method (42 str, other points in dtx), with this recommended skills, but with even better equipments!

Got the achievement in my first try using this method. Also tried this boss in Nightmare, and it's pretty easy too!

WarMachineBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:42 PM   #4
JagSpring

jagspring's Gamercard
ive been stuck on this for ages as i have a rogue not a warrior as most of the guides seem to be for. although i am lacking a few of the clothing items it gives me hope.