Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-29-2011, 11:35 PM   #151
Pearson

Biomedical Fire's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSparacino4 View Post
Did you check out the video??? I actually did it with the plasma cutter on my first playthrough (took 3-4 attempts). It is very easy with the force gun. One shot to center mass takes them off. Dont worry if they are hanging off by one arm, they will fall off on their own, just move onto the next. Reload after taking the last one in a wave off. When you get the waves of 3, stasis is your friend. If you stand in the direct middle, only two can hit you (far left and far right windows) Hope this helps!
Yep, I watched the video and done what he said to do and in the comments section on his youtube channel, someone said to try the pulse rifle alt fire. I'll give the force gun a try, but for right now I moved on to mop up the other achievements that I missed, I kept that save though to come back to it later after getting the other achievements.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:15 AM   #152
TheWeirdingWay

Th3 WeirdingWay's Gamercard
Nice work on the guide. Its been very helpful, I probably would have missed a few achevos with out It.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:06 AM   #153
asdf123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearson View Post
Yep, I watched the video and done what he said to do and in the comments section on his youtube channel, someone said to try the pulse rifle alt fire. I'll give the force gun a try, but for right now I moved on to mop up the other achievements that I missed, I kept that save though to come back to it later after getting the other achievements.
Try the detonator, i did it first try without any stasis, use a few nodes on reload + capacity... its impossible to miss, the stasis will only complicate things if you struggle, forget that, the only thing you need to worry about is spin kinda fast towards the end, dont panic, you have time to reload
Old 01-30-2011, 06:08 AM   #154
Pearson

I used my Zealot Force Gun and got it my first try. I didn't use any stasis and only re-loaded when I got down to 1 round left. Don't know why that I couldn't get the achievement with the weapons that everyone used, but I'm finally relieved to get that monkey off my back!
Old 01-30-2011, 06:19 AM   #155
FSparacino4

im boomheadshot's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
glad you tried it this way, congrats!
50,000 : Wei of The Road (Sleeping Dogs)
FSparacino4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:15 AM   #156
FSparacino4

Due to popular demand, pictures of the necromorph types added to the achievements that required killing a particular type
Old 01-30-2011, 10:55 AM   #157
Xerxes 8933A

Xerxes 8933A's Gamercard
Just a slight correction, for the Fully Loaded achievement you started you need 100+ nodes to upgrade 4 weapons. If you go for the Plasma Cutter @18, Detonator @20, Ripper @22 and Pulse Rifle @22 you only need 82 nodes for the achievement.
I got it near the end of chapter 11 on my first playthrough after selling everything but those 4 weapons.
Xerxes 8933A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:53 AM   #158
This be DMK

Send a message via AIM to This be DMK

This be DMK's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordskorrkeeper View Post
The Sampler Platter 20
I got it using only DLC weapons, I have not bought any of the original weapons at all. Just thought I'd throw that out save some people some credits. It just unlocked for me, make sure after a kill you save with that weapons kill, they all need to me on the same save I think, as my kills on other saves for achievements did not count.
Thanks for the info, as on my second run I wanted to use the DLC weapons and now I don't have to worry about it.
This be DMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:25 PM   #159
Pinion13

pinion1313's Gamercard
Having a problem with c-section. My contact beam is too powered up maybe, it puts everything in stasis automatically when I use all fire, and seems to kill pretty much everything, this is on zealot. I suppose I should sell it and buy the base model or something.
Pinion13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:53 PM   #160
JDMBO1

JDMBO1's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinion13 View Post
Having a problem with c-section. My contact beam is too powered up maybe, it puts everything in stasis automatically when I use all fire, and seems to kill pretty much everything, this is on zealot. I suppose I should sell it and buy the base model or something.
you need to respec it down a notch
Old 01-30-2011, 06:37 PM   #161
soliunasm

soliunasm's Gamercard
Alright, this is a small walkthrough I threw together for "Vacuum Cleaner".

SPOILERS

Chapter 1 - This one is mandatory. It's the tutorial on how to shut the decompression off, and you get one kill for free.
Chapter 3 - Right at the beginning you get your first area you can decompress stuff. You get attacked by one of those bombing guys(With the orange exploding sack on their left arm), two children, and one normal Necromorph. Ignore these four. Kill them but do not hit the glass in back. Then, run up to the glass and you should be attacked by five kids. Kite them all until you can see all five of them in front of you(You should go back to the entrance of Chapter 3, the elevator) and then shoot the glass. You get five kills here for a total of six overall.
Chapter 4 - In the Unitologist Indoctrination room, right after you fix the fuses to allow you to enter the other room, you get attacked by three Necromorphs one you leave the fuse room, so once the three pop out, destroy the window in front of you and now you have a total of nine overall.
Chapter 7 - This is the area with the rogue AI. I can't remember where it is, but once you enter the center of the room you get barricaded in by two Detonator Mines and some explosive barrels at the end of those mines near the decompression window, so you are unable to move them. However, you can move the explosive barrels near the window prior to the mines being triggered, then you can shoot out the window yourself and get about 6 kills from all the explosive babies. The problem is that I never saw any explosive babies get sucked out personally. The amount here can range from just an extra two kills if you don't move the barrels for a total of 11, or around 15 if you try the baby method.
Chapter 9 - This is the last one. After you kill the Divider and proceed into the next room, there should be a Power Node on the right. Go to that and you will have a Black Necromorph drop on you and an exploder on the right walking toward you. Shoot out the window directly in front of you, but you really need to be fast because the area to close the window goes by extremely quickly. You should have around 13 to 17 decompression kills by this point.

You WILL need to start a new game to get the last decompression kills though.

Last edited by soliunasm; 01-30-2011 at 06:40 PM.
soliunasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:00 PM   #162
FSparacino4

Quote:
Originally Posted by soliunasm View Post
Alright, this is a small walkthrough I threw together for "Vacuum Cleaner".

SPOILERS

Chapter 1 - This one is mandatory. It's the tutorial on how to shut the decompression off, and you get one kill for free.
Chapter 3 - Right at the beginning you get your first area you can decompress stuff. You get attacked by one of those bombing guys(With the orange exploding sack on their left arm), two children, and one normal Necromorph. Ignore these four. Kill them but do not hit the glass in back. Then, run up to the glass and you should be attacked by five kids. Kite them all until you can see all five of them in front of you(You should go back to the entrance of Chapter 3, the elevator) and then shoot the glass. You get five kills here for a total of six overall.
Chapter 4 - In the Unitologist Indoctrination room, right after you fix the fuses to allow you to enter the other room, you get attacked by three Necromorphs one you leave the fuse room, so once the three pop out, destroy the window in front of you and now you have a total of nine overall.
Chapter 7 - This is the area with the rogue AI. I can't remember where it is, but once you enter the center of the room you get barricaded in by two Detonator Mines and some explosive barrels at the end of those mines near the decompression window, so you are unable to move them. However, you can move the explosive barrels near the window prior to the mines being triggered, then you can shoot out the window yourself and get about 6 kills from all the explosive babies. The problem is that I never saw any explosive babies get sucked out personally. The amount here can range from just an extra two kills if you don't move the barrels for a total of 11, or around 15 if you try the baby method.
Chapter 9 - This is the last one. After you kill the Divider and proceed into the next room, there should be a Power Node on the right. Go to that and you will have a Black Necromorph drop on you and an exploder on the right walking toward you. Shoot out the window directly in front of you, but you really need to be fast because the area to close the window goes by extremely quickly. You should have around 13 to 17 decompression kills by this point.

You WILL need to start a new game to get the last decompression kills though.
Added to guide and gave you credit thank you
Old 01-30-2011, 07:37 PM   #163
FSparacino4

Schematic video guide added to achievement description. Enjoy
Old 01-30-2011, 10:03 PM   #164
Pearson

Quote:
glad you tried it this way, congrats!
Thanks, never thought I'd get it, but the Force Gun worked wonders. Clean Cut was giving me a fit for a bit as well, but all I did was group a couple Lurkers together then shot at their tenticles from the side and the achievement popped.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:28 AM   #165
XxXDZ MAYHEMXxX

Send a message via AIM to XxXDZ MAYHEMXxX

xCursiNxMayheMx's Gamercard
nice guide
_BUMP_
XxXDZ MAYHEMXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:34 AM   #166
NukeDukem

topgunprobo's Gamercard
another tip for hardcore mode, you may want to put it in the guide -

wearing a suit once gives you its slots and armour bonus permanently so look out for better suits and you can just change back into the one you had previously if you prefer its status effects (easier hacking etc.)

i think for anyone with dlc or the hacker suit from ignition (15% armour, 15 slots), youll want to get the vintage suit on chapter 8 to permanently upgrade your slots to 20, and then get the advanced suit on chapter 11 to permanently upgrade your armour to 20%.

then just get that 15% health bonus armour or whatever back on!
Old 01-31-2011, 05:13 AM   #167
XxXDZ MAYHEMXxX

Send a message via AIM to XxXDZ MAYHEMXxX

xCursiNxMayheMx's Gamercard
one complaint that I would have about the guide would be that I would like it if the achievements would be listed in the order that you can unlock them in. Like chapter by chapter unlockable achievements instead of scrolling further down the list and realizing that you have missed one.
XxXDZ MAYHEMXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:38 AM   #168
batman5273

Send a message via Yahoo to batman5273

Batman5273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Great Guide, Helped out a lot!
batman5273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:07 AM   #169
Bloodrune

Bloodrune's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NukeDukem View Post

wearing a suit once gives you its slots and armour bonus permanently so look out for better suits and you can just change back into the one you had previously if you prefer its status effects (easier hacking etc.)

i think for anyone with dlc or the hacker suit from ignition (15% armour, 15 slots), youll want to get the vintage suit on chapter 8 to permanently upgrade your slots to 20, and then get the advanced suit on chapter 11 to permanently upgrade your armour to 20%.

lies...............
Bloodrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:37 PM   #170
NukeDukem

topgunprobo's Gamercard
lies? that not working for you? im wearing a hacker suit right now with 25% health and 25 slots
Old 01-31-2011, 06:00 PM   #171
JDMBO1

JDMBO1's Gamercard

In hardcore what if I made a save and then deleted it at the next save station would that give me my third save back?
Old 01-31-2011, 06:08 PM   #172
Corallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMBO1 View Post
In hardcore what if I made a save and then deleted it at the next save station would that give me my third save back?
No, The game keeps track of how many saves you used. Once you use a save, you cannot get it back

Corallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:19 PM   #173
JDMBO1

JDMBO1's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corallion View Post
No, The game keeps track of how many saves you used. Once you use a save, you cannot get it back
seriously that's a bother, I guess they thought of everything when it came to hardcore.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:25 PM   #174
noxrulez

Sanfo0or's Gamercard
Thanks for the hard work
noxrulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:35 PM   #175
soliunasm

soliunasm's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXDZ MAYHEMXxX View Post
one complaint that I would have about the guide would be that I would like it if the achievements would be listed in the order that you can unlock them in. Like chapter by chapter unlockable achievements instead of scrolling further down the list and realizing that you have missed one.
If you want, I can list every achievement in the order and time you can unlock them, I just can't remember chapter-wise. Because I unlocked every single achievement that was possible in my first run except for Epic Dismemberment, Fully Loaded, Picking Favorites, and Fully Outfitted.
Alright, these are all in the order I got them, however getting "Think Fast" is possible during Chapter...2 or 3, I can't recall, and Picking Favorites along with Fully Outfitted are possible to get in your first run.
  • Shoot the Limbs!
  • Taste of your own Medicine
  • Patient on the Loose
  • First Aid
  • Going for the Distance
  • Romper Stomper
  • Derailed
  • My Boom Stick
  • Shock Therapy
  • Lightspeed de Milo
  • Skewered in Space
  • One Small Step
  • And Stay Down
  • Clever Girls
  • Clean Cut
  • Lawnmower Man
  • Torment Me No More
  • The Engineer
  • Bouncing Betty
  • Peek a Boo!
  • The Graduate
  • Brute Juke
  • Elevator Action
  • Collect Peng
  • Shut Down
  • Powered Up
  • C-Section
  • Think Fast
  • The Electrician
  • It's a Trap!
  • The Sampler Platter
  • Frozen in Time
  • Hornet's Nest
  • Necro Flambe
  • The Librarian
  • Operation!
  • Looking good
  • Knock Knock
  • The Nanny(This is possible prior to this IF you kill every single one in the School and then all the ones in Chapter 7)
  • Cross your Heat, Hope to Die
  • The Final Sacrifice
  • The Fugitive
  • Made Us Whole
  • Fully Outfitted
  • Picking favorites
  • Vacuum Cleaner
  • Epic Dismemberment
  • Fully Loaded
  • Mission Impossible(You can do Hard to the Core first then come back to Zealot with the Hand Cannon as well)
  • Hard to the Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by NukeDukem View Post

Buying the Vintage Suit is a complete waste of money because you get the Advanced Suit a few chapters later, and Chapter 10 is easy if you take it slow(Except for the first enemy encounter in the long tunnel, which you just need to run to the far end after killing the second Brute)

Last edited by soliunasm; 01-31-2011 at 09:37 PM.
soliunasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:46 PM   #176
ssgoku2425

SS4GOKU2425's Gamercard
planting three proximity mines in front of the brute also takes him out without having to use stasis. thanx for the guide.
ssgoku2425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:53 PM   #177
FSparacino4

Now that I have finished my Hard Core playthrough, I will be putting the achievements in the order you come to them. Stay tuned over the next few days
Old 01-31-2011, 11:58 PM   #178
Dan.Pro

Dan Own Ya's Gamercard
Quote:
Schematic video guide added to achievement description. Enjoy
Nice, I've always wondered what I've missed during all my playthroughs!
Dan.Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:26 AM   #179
NukeDukem

topgunprobo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by soliunasm View Post
Buying the Vintage Suit is a complete waste of money because you get the Advanced Suit a few chapters later, and Chapter 10 is easy if you take it slow(Except for the first enemy encounter in the long tunnel, which you just need to run to the far end after killing the second Brute)
i get what you mean about the vintage suit, although i really want those slots. but even if you just get the advanced suit, its helpful to remember you can put whatever suit you like on after it and the armour & slots stay the same! ive seen no-one else mention it either.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:09 AM   #180
L3d Z3ppl1n

if i upgrade the downloadable weapons will that unlock the "fully loaded" achievement?? or do they have to be the weapons from the game?
L3d Z3ppl1n is offline   Reply With Quote