Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Dark Void
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-26-2011, 02:23 AM   #1
The Machine 715

The Wipplash's Gamercard
Survivor Mission: Dark Abyss Help

I was wondering if anybody had any tips or tricks that could help me out with obtaining 4.5 million points on this mission. The closest i've gotten is 4,411,000, which is painfully close.

For some reason I just can't seem to get this, no matter how much or hard I try. It's the only achievement that i've ever actually broken down and asked for help on. The guide here said to upgrade the jetpack, and i've been doing that (once after wave 3, and again on wave 5 or 6), but in the end I always come up short.

It's frustrating to spend 35 minutes of super intense gameplay just to see myself fail over and over again. Any help, tips and/or tricks would be greatly appreciated.

I recently started a new gamertag, The Machine 407, and will NOT be on the old one (The Machine 715) anymore, so any messages or friend requests should go to the new one.
The Machine 715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:12 AM   #2
Krimson Spawn

Send a message via AIM to Krimson Spawn
i am in the same boat man... its the only achievement i have left in dark void maybe I've finally met my match as this is hard and you got closer than me i got to about 3.9million as my multiplier wasn't high enough, i check this forum daily to see if anyone has found better ways but no one seems to play this. I just cant seem to get enough of a decent combo going and keep it that way.
Krimson Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:17 AM   #3
Krimson Spawn

Send a message via AIM to Krimson Spawn
would be tons of help if there was a video showing someones technique but thats never going to happen
Krimson Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:37 AM   #4
The Machine 715

The Wipplash's Gamercard
I actually JUST got it now - after 3 days of attempting. Easily the hardest achievement i've completed, and for a while I was starting to doubt my ability to do it (like you). The crappy flying is what really threw me off, because it's just so hard to stay on the tail of the fighters.

Basically, for my run, I ended up with 4,836,900. I upgraded after waves 3 and 5, and was lucky enough that a couple ships were crasing into the rock walls and saving my multiplier. Also, on wave 8, my missiles took out about 7 of the tiny little ships when they spawned. All in all, it mostly boiled down to luck.

There's no real strategy you can employ with this mission. The score to reach is so high, and it's completely unforgiving.

I recently started a new gamertag, The Machine 407, and will NOT be on the old one (The Machine 715) anymore, so any messages or friend requests should go to the new one.
The Machine 715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:56 AM   #5
Bofur

Bofur22's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
What about a guide for the other one? This is my first time playing in a LONG time and I'm totally lost on how to play this game. I'm on wave 3 of the other mission and I'm so lost, this game is awful with directions. There are red dots but I can't find anybody and nobody is shooting. Went from a 17x multiplier down to a 1x while I'm trying to find SOMEBODY to kill. This game SUCKS!!!!!!
Bofur is offline   Reply With Quote