PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-29-2006, 12:07 PM   #1
Tron

erton's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Gamerscore League Season 5 Winner   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Bright Idea   Rainbow Six Runner-up   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth   Halo 2
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Best Weapon Debate

i have a Gold Sinweaver, with 15 hit points or whatever (correct me and die k_dog)...but what is the best sword in the game?
Tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 12:21 PM   #2
aZTEKv2

Send a message via AIM to aZTEKv2 Send a message via Yahoo to aZTEKv2

aZTEKv2's Gamercard
wow man, i click "new posts" and all the posts are under Oblivion... am I just not seeing it here.... do i need to go to best buy, redeem one of my gift cards and get this game? whats going on!?

btw, sorry i dont know what sword is good, i just had to vent about this.

my guess the bastokian sword or the shhshshswiiiiingggg sword.

=p

Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.
_Marcus Brigstocke

C'est
moi.
Current Games.
aZTEKv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 12:26 PM   #3
Minty

Send a message via MSN to Minty Send a message via Skype™ to Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   15,000 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 MVP   Donator - Level 5   x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aZTEKv2
wow man, i click "new posts" and all the posts are under Oblivion... am I just not seeing it here.... do i need to go to best buy, redeem one of my gift cards and get this game? whats going on!?

btw, sorry i dont know what sword is good, i just had to vent about this.
agree with the rant lol

but id say the mighty pork sword!!

Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 12:47 PM   #4
P1NSEEKER

Send a message via MSN to P1NSEEKER

p1nseek3r's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 5   SOTF Winner   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by erton
i have a Gold Sinweaver, with 15 hit points or whatever (correct me and die k_dog)...but what is the best sword in the game?
Where did you find that?
Old 03-29-2006, 01:24 PM   #5
Tron

erton's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Gamerscore League Season 5 Winner   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Bright Idea   Rainbow Six Runner-up   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth   Halo 2
i found it during the Fighters Guild mission where you go to the lost ruins and kill this black guy...its later on in the FG missions, and its the one were you have to follow the rude orc around, it pertains to the blackwood guys...all i remember honestly...lol
Old 03-29-2006, 02:46 PM   #6
Crash

Crash xtr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Forza Tournament -  Made the Final Race   Gears of War Annex Challenge Runners Up   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 2   Word of Mouth   Member of the Month   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
I just got that sword last night from the same mission.

Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 03:12 PM   #7
P1NSEEKER

p1nseek3r's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 5   SOTF Winner   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth
ok ive just been told about these blackwood guys so i might be on this mission soon, is the sword good?
Old 03-29-2006, 03:58 PM   #8
Tron

erton's Gamercard

its awesome...only takes one swing to take fools down...
Old 03-29-2006, 04:54 PM   #9
DaveWilma07

Mr_M0on's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty
id say the mighty pork sword!!
Where can I find this Pork Sword Minty?
DaveWilma07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 05:12 PM   #10
Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   15,000 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 MVP   Donator - Level 5   x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze   Bright Idea
think its only available in the UK version

its normally found hidden in the bush

Old 03-29-2006, 05:23 PM   #11
Psycence
Red Room Member

Send a message via MSN to Psycence

psycence's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
or in the chocolate highway depending on your guild affliation

***Pardon the sarcasm, but all of it is so painfully dull, unchallenging and therefore uninvolving that we can only imagine the tears of doom that the testers had to endure while playing through this repeatedly*** Eurogamer review of Pirates of the Caribbean - At Worlds End.....how true their words are, sob sob
Psycence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 05:25 PM   #12
Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

or in the jammy dodger depending in the time you find the mighty pork sword

Old 03-29-2006, 05:31 PM   #13
DaveWilma07

Mr_M0on's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
lol I see.. I'll ask the locals...
DaveWilma07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 05:50 PM   #14
DarkLif3

DarkLif3's Gamercard
Don't stats of the weapons and armor increase if you have increased those skills?

So if you have a crappy blade skill. It doesn't matter what level you are, if your blade skill still is 30 as it was when you started, the weapon damage will be minimal. Right?

Anyway I have a sword called Umbra. I picked it up last night. It does 21 hit points.

****SPOLIERS****

Last night when I was exploring I came across a cave called Vindasel. Inside there were a few rats and a person named Umbra who didn't even attack me when I approached. I did a little research on Umbra on some other forums and found out Umbra was a name from Morrowwind. (Which I have no idea because I didn't play it.) I ended up killing Umbra which was pretty tough at Lvl 13 with the slider at medium difficulty. (If you want a very good fight keep it at medium. It was fun) Once dead, I recieved the mighty Umbra sword. The armor called Ebony Armor had the same stats as my Orcish armor I was wearing but it looked a little better so now I'm pimped out with Umbra and Ebony armor.
DarkLif3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 06:20 PM   #15
Tron

erton's Gamercard

do you think they ran out of names for caves and named it after Vin Diesel?..random thought... what city was this near?
Old 03-29-2006, 06:33 PM   #16
DarkLif3

DarkLif3's Gamercard
I thought the name was funny. Personally I would have named one some thing like Chucnoras. Some thing along those lines. Not too obvious but obvious enough for some people.

Any way, I don't have the game in front of me right now but I believe it was just south west of the Imperial City Waterfront.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:56 PM   #17
Psycence
Red Room Member

Send a message via MSN to Psycence

psycence's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
man that city would kick everyones ass, there would be no need to worry about the daedra, theyd never over run it

***Pardon the sarcasm, but all of it is so painfully dull, unchallenging and therefore uninvolving that we can only imagine the tears of doom that the testers had to endure while playing through this repeatedly*** Eurogamer review of Pirates of the Caribbean - At Worlds End.....how true their words are, sob sob
Psycence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:59 PM   #18
KilluhKam
Banned User

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
2 get the best items in the game do the deadric artifact quests...u have 2 b certain lvl's tho n no i dont remember them sorry all i kno is there the BEST ITEMS IN THE GAME!!! (guide says so...so no1 can an ass n say "no there not" ) i got the skeleton key lastnight also...no more lockpicks ever again!!!
KilluhKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:48 PM   #19
JunK1e

JunK1e's Gamercard
There is the mission where you explore these skeleton caves and there is a ghost that you have to kill. After i unloaded all my magic sh!t on em he died and instantly disapeeared.. So I loaded the game and beat em again and right before he disapeared i scavenged his body and got a "Blade of Kortarik" 2 handed bastard sword with 17 hit points and weighs a mere 14 feathers or whatever you call it "pounds". I still use it...
JunK1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 08:47 AM   #20
P1NSEEKER

p1nseek3r's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLif3
Anyway I have a sword called Umbra. I picked it up last night. It does 21 hit points.

****SPOLIERS****

Last night when I was exploring I came across a cave called Vindasel. Inside there were a few rats and a person named Umbra who didn't even attack me when I approached. I did a little research on Umbra on some other forums and found out Umbra was a name from Morrowwind. (Which I have no idea because I didn't play it.) I ended up killing Umbra which was pretty tough at Lvl 13 with the slider at medium difficulty. (If you want a very good fight keep it at medium. It was fun) Once dead, I recieved the mighty Umbra sword. The armor called Ebony Armor had the same stats as my Orcish armor I was wearing but it looked a little better so now I'm pimped out with Umbra and Ebony armor.
Any chance of an exact location? i need a decent sword
Old 03-31-2006, 04:43 AM   #21
dunderpate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLif3
I thought the name was funny. Personally I would have named one some thing like Chucnoras. Some thing along those lines. Not too obvious but obvious enough for some people.

Any way, I don't have the game in front of me right now but I believe it was just south west of the Imperial City Waterfront.
The developers probably figured that Vindaesel was just slightly less played out than the chuck norris thing so they went with that instead.

dunderpate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 06:20 AM   #22
graf1k

Send a message via AIM to graf1k

graf1k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gears of War Tournament Final Four
Best sword I've found so far is the Longsword of the Inferno. 24 points damage plus another 20 points for the enchantment. Plus its one handed so you can still use a shield.

graf1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 06:42 AM   #23
DarkLif3

DarkLif3's Gamercard
Chuck Norris is just plain better.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:58 AM   #24
k_dog

Send a message via AIM to k_dog Send a message via MSN to k_dog Send a message via Yahoo to k_dog

I Kavir I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Blade of Woe...

and I don't give a SHIT what graf1k has to say about my Pimp ass Dagger that I sold 4 Times on accedent....
k_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 03:36 PM   #25
KilluhKam
Banned User

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Gold
im usin the blade of woe also lol after u complete the dark brotherhood they pimp it out
KilluhKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 05:47 PM   #26
Spartan

Awards Showcase Gears of War Annex Challenge Runners Up   1,000 Posts   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Gold   Geometry Wars - Gold
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I've been using the Umbra sword ever since I got it. With its soul trap enchantment it's easy to recharge, and with my amorer mastery I can always keep it repaired at its best to always get the most out of it. When using it I haven't found an enemy yet that I can't kill quickly and easily.
Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 05:48 PM   #27
DarkLif3

DarkLif3's Gamercard
Told you it was awesome!
Old 04-09-2006, 06:03 PM   #28
xfrankex

Best Weapon Debate

What is your best weapon? Post any axe, warhammer or sword but don't post any magic because im not a magic character. My best weapon is a umbra that does 20 damage with some soul spell along with it.
xfrankex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 06:25 PM   #29
xfrankex

graf1k where did you get that inferno sword
xfrankex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 05:56 PM   #30
SpideR NY

S0DA POPINSKI's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
I have just a deidric sword that hits for 22 hitpoints one handed. I also have a couple magic ones that hit for 15 with effects on em.

Shooter of the moment - MW3 (sucks IMO)

RPG of the moment - Skyrim & Bastion

Game's I going for achievements in right now - None
SpideR NY is offline   Reply With Quote