PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Left 4 Dead > Crash Course
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-27-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
ginge88isfun

Send a message via Skype™ to ginge88isfun

Ginge88isfun's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Jumping Jack Smash not unlocking?

I have this over and over again on different versus modes using crash course which is the only level you can obtain this achievement and its not unlocking at all, now I know some of the achievements were fixed during the last patch but why isn't this one fixed?

Its one of the easiest achievements on the game and its unobtainable which is driving me nuts as i'm trying to do all the crash course achievements.
ginge88isfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:50 PM   #2
Aristonaf

Aristonaf's Gamercard
Go Versus Mode -> PLay with Friends -> Creaty LObby -> System Link (Play with 2 controllers) -> Quickly tap Start game for a countdown (You dont want: Dedicated server).

With your main account as the infected, the hunter.

Then perform this action and the achievement is yours.

But it's definitely not one of the easiest achievements , lol

Aristonaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:45 AM   #3
blue silk

blue silk's Gamercard
I did it first try, just watch the video on the Achievement Guide.
Gears Of War: 150+ Hours
Game I'm Currently Working On:
Gears Of War 3
blue silk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:29 PM   #4
GENWAKU

Send a message via AIM to GENWAKU

genwaku's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
My Xbox crashes every. single. time. I attempt to quickly tap start game / join a local server with a second controller, so I don't think I'll ever be able to get this. :/ And it won't unlock on system link either, so... It's probably just me.

Last edited by GENWAKU; 03-04-2011 at 03:48 PM.
GENWAKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:27 PM   #5
Dany1981Mtl

Dancsi27's Gamercard
Wink worked for me..

worked for me on system link with 2 controllers. I used the trick in the video (first level of the crash course campaign).

Kill the 3 AIs, you move the survivor near the railing and the helicopter, with the hunter, you climb on the roof of the building facing the railing/helicopter.

Then make sure you are lined up with the survivor, move the right stick up so the hunter's target is just under the moon, then press LB and press RT to jump on the suvivor.

As soon as you land on him/her, you will get the achivement. If you jump to far or not enough from the survivor, move forward/backward on the roof a little bit until you find the right distance for the jump.

100% Completed games (including DLCs)

100% Win8 games: 8
100% WP7/8 games: 31
100% retail games: 46
100% XBLA games: 49
Dany1981Mtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:53 PM   #6
Squeezit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany1981Mtl View Post
worked for me on system link with 2 controllers. I used the trick in the video (first level of the crash course campaign).

Kill the 3 AIs, you move the survivor near the railing and the helicopter, with the hunter, you climb on the roof of the building facing the railing/helicopter.

Then make sure you are lined up with the survivor, move the right stick up so the hunter's target is just under the moon, then press LB and press RT to jump on the suvivor.

As soon as you land on him/her, you will get the achivement. If you jump to far or not enough from the survivor, move forward/backward on the roof a little bit until you find the right distance for the jump.
that's how i got the achievement. i don't know how many times i've done all of these online, only to be forced to go offline and boost for them.

i can't do slippery pull or start the 3 generators though because they don't work online and i need 3 people to do it :/
Squeezit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:49 AM   #7
mastodon54

MASTODON54's Gamercard
I have done both but neither work. so if anyone can help me i would love it i really want these achievements. i tired of not geting slippery pull or smah hit. those wont unlock either.
my GT:MASTODON54.
mastodon54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:13 PM   #8
Sapper Dev

ssgdevon's Gamercard
I have been working on this one for some time now, and it will not pop for me. IDK if I am going to ever get this one because I dont have another system to link into, oh well
Sapper Dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:38 AM   #9
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
You don't need to be offline/system link, you just can't use a dedicated server. Sadly, there's no easy option to choose Local server like there is in L4D2 so set up a bit tricky, but after you get it there's no issues with the achievements.

As the second post explains, when you're ready to start your game, keep hitting A on the start option. This will continuously search for a dedicated server and cancel the search. Eventually it will start a countdown from 5 and you can't cancel it, meaning it's about to start on a local server (basically meaning your Xbox is hosting the game). Once that's done, your achievements will unlock normally. I just used this method tonight and manged to unlock most of the multiplayer achievements for Crash Course and The Sacrifice with timestamps with a single Xbox and 2 controllers (need a Guest obv).

The method for getting a local server will take a few tries, as it might end up causing your system to lock up and require a reboot but I didn't experience any negative effects from this (I crashed at least 10 times).

More detailed info can be found here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 05-27-2011 at 09:44 AM.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:33 PM   #10
Sapper Dev

ssgdevon's Gamercard
Veedrock,
Got a couple of them. I found it easier to unplug from xbl and just do a split screen with another player in vs mode. But thanks.
Sapper Dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:20 PM   #11
Trombonafide

Trombonafide's Gamercard
I've tried that, and it doesn't seem to work for me. Did you disconnect before booting up the game?

What was your process? I'm just a little confused because I've completed the actions for most of these but haven't gotten them. :/

Retail 100%: 97
Arcade 100%: 55
Retail 1000+: 21

Latest Completions:
Grand Theft Auto V - 11/11/13
Gears of War: Judgment - 10/09/13
Wordament (Android) - 10/06/13

150k - 12/20/12
160k - 04/11/13
170k - 07/29/13
Trombonafide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #12
Deadpixels1

DeadPixels1's Gamercard
still cant make this one work. going to review and try again.
Deadpixels1 is offline   Reply With Quote