Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Dead Space 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-28-2011, 10:13 PM   #1
Pollux42

Pollux42's Gamercard
Best dismemberment strategy...

I was wondering if anyone could confirm that the more I dismember the less likely the corpses are reanimate. Is this the case? Or should I just run through the game knowing that it has no "real" impact.

Thanks for listening... Pollux42
Pollux42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:21 PM   #2
Ethereal235

Send a message via AIM to Ethereal235

Zero132132's Gamercard
I've never had a corpse reanimate, but I've gotten in the habit of stomping every body into a pulp for the sake of getting the limb dismemberment achievement. Do they ever actually get back up? I don't think how many you kill in one level impacts how many there'll be in another, if that's what you mean.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:26 PM   #3
Pollux42

Pollux42's Gamercard
Yes, that is what I mean. Ds1 had a bunch of backtracking...and sometimes the necromorphs dissappeared but sometimes the torsos just stayed put. Perhaps this one has less backtracking...but I will need that cheevo regardless. Good point.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:40 PM   #4
Cloud1992

x410xDragon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal235 View Post
I've never had a corpse reanimate, but I've gotten in the habit of stomping every body into a pulp for the sake of getting the limb dismemberment achievement. Do they ever actually get back up? I don't think how many you kill in one level impacts how many there'll be in another, if that's what you mean.
This reminds me of Impossible mode on the original Dead Space.

"I've never had a corpse reanimate, but I've gotten in the habit of stomping every body into a pulp for the sake of getting the limb dismemberment achievement."
Cloud1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:53 PM   #5
Lubeius

Lubeius's Gamercard
Corpses don't reanimate as far as I know, but there's that one enemy type that does make new Necromorphs out of dead humans.
Lubeius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:05 AM   #6
Grifftuitous

Grifftuitous's Gamercard
Best thing I've noticed to save ammo was instead of trying to go for the arms or just one leg, I've been using the PC (fully upgraded) and I aim strait for the crotch lol. I know its a dick move but it cuts both legs at once and lets you conserve ammo by making them crawlers in one shot so you can stop the bajesus out of them.
Grifftuitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:23 AM   #7
Pollux42

Pollux42's Gamercard
Hahaha...is that how you spell bajesus? No but seriously, thanks for the advice guys.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:38 AM   #8
DPayne

Ohh So Godly's Gamercard
I suggest you get the Force Gun, fully upgrade it and go at the Necromorphs. If the gun is fully upgraded you can take out both arms and both legs on a Necromorph with just one shot. You can take out all limbs on multiple enemies with one shot if they are close to you.