Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Dead Space 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-30-2011, 01:05 AM   #1
ShaunTighe

ShaunTighe's Gamercard
Zealot Playthrough Weapons

I'm about halfway through my second playthrough and afterwards I plan to go through on zealot. I was wondering what weapons you guys would recommend using? So far I have the Plasma Cutter, Line Gun, and Plasma Rifle fully upgraded, as well as the health on my rig and everything on status. I could easily respec a certain weapon if it wouldn't be good to use. What do you guys think?
ShaunTighe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:20 AM   #2
DPayne

Ohh So Godly's Gamercard
I recommend getting rid of the Line Gun and putting the nodes in the Force Gun. Trust me it's well worth it. I'm almost complete my final playthrough for the last 50G and it has been a tremendous weapon.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:20 AM   #3
EnteringtheCosmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunTighe View Post
I'm about halfway through my second playthrough and afterwards I plan to go through on zealot. I was wondering what weapons you guys would recommend using? So far I have the Plasma Cutter, Line Gun, and Plasma Rifle fully upgraded, as well as the health on my rig and everything on status. I could easily respec a certain weapon if it wouldn't be good to use. What do you guys think?
You should be ok with that set-up, zealot is pretty easy when your weapons and rig is fully upgraded.
EnteringtheCosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:31 AM   #4
alex1407

alex1407's Gamercard
Seeker rifle is the shit!!

....who's next?
alex1407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:32 AM   #5
ShaunTighe

ShaunTighe's Gamercard
Really? Get rid of the line gun? I was thinking of using the force gun as it can be quite handy in close quarters, but couldn't I just use it with the other 3? Or do you think that would spread ammo to thin. Also should I worry about stockpiling health and such during this easy playthrough?
Old 01-30-2011, 01:41 AM   #6
macgyver893

MACGYV3R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Well, I'm not there yet, as I'm still doing my first playthrough on Survivalist. But on this run I'm focusing on upgrading the Plasma Cutter, RIG, and Stasis.... as well as getting all my weapon achievements (so not as many credits to buy nodes).

On my second playthrough on Zealot I'll plan on using the Line Gun, Pulse Rifle, and probably Force Gun.

I just got the Flamethrower. Can't wait to see how this will compare to the one in the first game...which stunk!

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.
macgyver893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:42 AM   #7
alex1407

alex1407's Gamercard
I use Plasma Cutter,Seeker rifle,Line Gun and Force Gun which i rarely use. I did chapter 14 glitch so ammo in not a concern.

....who's next?
alex1407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:43 AM   #8
ShaunTighe

ShaunTighe's Gamercard
Not much of an improvement. You should try out the Seeker Rifle as well as the Javalin Gun.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:13 AM   #9
Mister Buds

Mister Buds's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
just out of curiosity, what do you guys like so much about the force gun? i personally don't use it, but i did give it a try. the primary fire doesn't kill enemies but it does knock them back a bit. do you use the alternate fire after that to injure them? i'd imagine switching weapons would take too long and allow some enemies to stand up again.

i was planning on doing my hardcore playthrough with just the plasma cutter and pulse rifle.
Mister Buds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:37 AM   #10
ShadowAmon21

ShadowAmon21's Gamercard
The force gun is my favorite gun because when upgraded it kills any enemy other than bosses in 1 to 3 hits. It also is good for crowd control and the alt fire is a long range blast.
ShadowAmon21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:42 AM   #11
Miles Prower CC
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to Miles Prower CC Send a message via Yahoo to Miles Prower CC

Miles Prower CC's Gamercard
Yeah the Force Gun is pretty devastating. The primary fire kills fragile enemies in a very wide cone, you can blast a fourth of the pack with a single shot at times. It's also a great panic weapon to push tougher enemies back away from you if you're getting swamped.

The alternate fire blasts through multiple targets in a straight line and when upgrades I've taken down enhanced Slashers with a single attack. And it doesn't really require much aim, you just point it at them and shoot it.
Miles Prower CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:49 AM   #12
Miles Prower CC
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to Miles Prower CC Send a message via Yahoo to Miles Prower CC

Miles Prower CC's Gamercard
I think there's a lot of potential for the Detonator as a weapon for more tactical engineers, but it wouldn't be attractive to engineers who prefer brute force.

The Detonator is pretty useful when you need to focus on the enemies ahead of you. If you walk into a hallway odds are the necromorph will attack from both ends of the hallway, you just drop some mines behind you as you go and they'll take care of flanking necromorph so you can focus on what's ahead of you. And if you're wrong and nothing came from behind, you just deactive the mines and recover them for later use. But it's a weapon only suited to engineers prefering a more thought out approach.
Miles Prower CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:49 AM   #13
Free Beer

Free Beer's Gamercard
Ok, I can't believe no one mentioned this but... The Contact Beam is by far the best weapon in the game, ESPECIALLY when its upgraded the primary fire turns enemies to juice, and the secondary ground pound kill almost anything in close range, knocks down anything near you and with the special lets out a stasis blast all around you. So anything you don't kill is frozen.

Best. Gun. Ever.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:54 AM   #14
Aesir Renegade

Aesir Renegade's Gamercard
I am still playing through my first time and I seem to be using the Plasma Cutter, Pulse Rifle, and Ripper a lot. I do like to have the Seeker Rifle around for the big guys though.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:20 AM   #15
ODST Kayne

ODST Kayne's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
Ok, I can't believe no one mentioned this but... The Contact Beam is by far the best weapon in the game, ESPECIALLY when its upgraded the primary fire turns enemies to juice, and the secondary ground pound kill almost anything in close range, knocks down anything near you and with the special lets out a stasis blast all around you. So anything you don't kill is frozen.

Best. Gun. Ever.
I love the Contact Beam. I don't see why everyone likes the Force Gun so much. The Contact Beam is the best in terms of raw damage. 1 hitting a black slasher just by charging up and hitting him center mass is great.

Time to start a new character 100
Reach Rank 5
ODST Kayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:09 AM   #16
tpb

StalwartSnake's Gamercard
Im on my first playthrough, started on Zealot, Im on Chapter 6 and all I have is the Plasma Cutter... its so good for specific targeting... The Line Gun was good in DS1 for those emergencies so I will probably pick that up at some point...

tpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:12 AM   #17
XxINYOUREYE11xX

BlackHoleFTW's Gamercard
Upgrade the flamethrower, best gun in the game for ammo prices, killing power and it works no matter how many enemies are attacking and you don't have to aim for limbs, kills everything in 2 seconds. You can kill up to 30 enemies without having to reload which is also a plus. I've used all the weapons in this game fully upgraded and all I carry is a plasma cutter and flamethrower fully upgraded. If you all don't believe me try it out.

XxINYOUREYE11xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:07 PM   #18
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I only used the Plasmacutter & Pulserifle and I was good. Of course upgraded.

100% > Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox360 & XboxOne)
100% > Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (Xbo360 & XboxOne)
100% > Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox360 & XboxOne)

JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:44 PM   #19
Cataclysm49

cataclysm49's Gamercard
I used the Plasma Cutter (general use), Line Gun (Lurkers mostly), Pulse Rifle (tiny crawlers like the ones that pop out of the bloated enemies), and the Javelin Gun. Javelin Gun is very underrated; great for taking down stalkers and brutes. For brute, just stasis and two shots to each shoulder weak point to kill.

100%: Retail (18), Arcade (8)

Proudly haven't played Avatar: TBE
Cataclysm49 is offline   Reply With Quote