PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Card and Board > Family Game Night 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-03-2011, 08:20 PM   #1
JKSullivan

JKSullivan's Gamercard
I am REALLY starting to hate Mouse Trap

OK, I know this will be a venting thread, but the AI cheats HORRIBLY on this game. Every time I land on the wheel of cheese, the AI immediately rolls exactly what is needed to get to the crank - but I can't seem to roll anything to land on the crank myself. They just nailed me for 3 games in a row, exactly the same way.

At this rate, 10 wins is going to take 150 games . . . .
JKSullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:54 AM   #2
sorta

It's rigged I tells ya. Nothing like rolling back-to-back-to-back-to-back 6s while sitting on the cheese so the AI can catch up and immediately land on the crank. Horrible.
sorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:32 AM   #3
Peu

dom pedro iv's Gamercard
Yeah, I hate the AI on this game!
Old 03-10-2011, 10:20 AM   #4
stallionsafty21

stallionsafty21's Gamercard
By far the worst is mouse trp remix!!! Animations take for ever and no way to skip em. I played a "quick game of it with my 2 kids and it lasted 45 minutes. Just plain garbage!!!
Old 03-14-2011, 08:14 PM   #5
JAW LV

JAW LV's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
After playing a few times I am realizing that this game is 99% luck. Not sure if I will play this again... well not at least till I get the other games done first.

PROUD MEMBER OF
NUTRITION/EXERCISE QUESTIONS? ASK ME!
TRYING TO MAKE THE GAMING COMMUNITY A HEALTHIER COMMUNITY... EVEN IT TAKES ONE GAMER AT A TIME!
JAW LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:50 PM   #6
nastymastadaddy

NastyMastaDaddy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
With a turbo controller you don't have to even be at your console if you just trigger down the A button. Left it on overnight woke up and had the 10 win achievement.

nastymastadaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 05:06 PM   #7
Graivul

Heroic Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
So glad it isn't just me that noticed that with this game, the AI is a glitcher!

I must have had 6 games in a row where I landed on the cheese and the AI rolled the exact number required, sooo glad when I got the 10 wins achievement and said goodbye to this awful game forever lol!

Graivul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 12:06 AM   #8
Flopsy86

flopsy86's Gamercard
My main grudge with Mouse Trap is in its remix version.

Although stallionsafty above mentions that his games took forever, I only wish I could make them last forever. We're lucky to keep one going for 10 mins, never mind long enough to unlock the spanner or Da Vinci achievements.

I have the achievements mentionned and I was incredibly lucky to get them in my FIRST game but my partner did not get them.

I wouldn't mind the game rewarding so much cheese if the traps would take away more than 1/8th of a cheese wheel. Landing on a cheese wheel space gives you 2 x 1/8th pieces. That really does not balance the game.

What's worse is you could purposely lose them in the traps but the game then drops the lost piece of cheese on a random space on the board, forcing you to collect it on passing. They may be lost in the trap but they will come back and run you down.

The achievements on Mouse Trap remix are incredibly luck based.

/rant

Flopsy86 is offline   Reply With Quote