PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shooter > Duke Nukem 3D
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-05-2011, 06:31 PM   #1
oO ReFuGee Oo

oO ReFuGee Oo's Gamercard
Achievement Difficulty?

Can anybody put a number on this game? Props
Luke 1:37

Old Gamertag: oO TRue JaWa Oo
oO ReFuGee Oo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:40 PM   #2
xblackmambax 81

xblackmambax 81's Gamercard
Out of a scale of one through five, I give it a 2... though it might be a 3 for someone who hasn't played the game before. The single player achievements are a cinch considering there is no difficulty type achievements; coupled with the fact that they implemented a rewind system that - upon death - allows you to restart from any point in time on the level you are doing (sort of like the rewind system in braid). And the 70 secret achv should come as you go through the game (There is a total of 210 secret areas, so you can miss two thirds of them). Just to be safe though, here is an excellent secret guide/walkthrough guide written by Joe Siegler over at the 3DR forums: http://www.3drealms.com/duke3d/walkthrough/index.html

The only thing though is that the dukematch is pretty dead, so it's probably best to find someone to boost with if you want to get the achievements right away.
xblackmambax 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:44 AM   #3
oo Pacsun oo

oo Pacsun oo's Gamercard
I would give it a 3, it's not hard at all. Playing the story mode by yourself can net you 150 gamerscore very easily, and then either Boosting or playing a decent amount of ranked matches can get you there. It hasn't been dead lately for me based on my experience. I've been playing games with 4 to 5 people on average throughout the evening to the early morning. I'm already at my 250 kill mark and I've started playing today so if you're like me and without a boosting partner, persistence is your best friend.

Last edited by oo Pacsun oo; 02-18-2011 at 05:46 AM.
oo Pacsun oo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:21 AM   #4
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I'd like to add that you don't even need to acquire a total of 500 kills in multiplayer matches, as I've unlocked both achievements with only a total of 350 kills.

And why didn't you just glance at the road map? It clearly states that the difficulty is 3/10 and only takes approximately 6 hours to complete.
Latest arcade completion: Motocross Madness

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote