PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Hydrophobia
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-02-2011, 07:57 PM   #1
Its Fooga
Banned User

Fooga's Gamercard
Mega Combo medal = annoying!

I've been trying this for about half an hour now. I'm at the part in the guide where it says to kill the two enemies with the blue canisters and then continue the combo by shooting the electrical wires.

The combo time goes way too fast to even turn Kate to shoot something else. I even put my cam sensitivity all the way up and it barely helps. I get up to about 800 points. I really don't see how it's even possible to hit over 7000 at this rate.

Any tips on how I can get this easier?
Its Fooga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:02 PM   #2
Its Fooga
Banned User

Fooga's Gamercard
Erm, nevermind. It just said I scored about 1250 points and it gave it to me. So I won't complain, and shall move on. lol.
Its Fooga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:11 PM   #3
RadiantViper

radiantviper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Well obviously you eventually got it as you said, but for anyone else who's wondering, the spot mentioned in the game doesn't seem great at first. But keep trying and you'll eventually get the combo, I got it there too. You don't have the follow the guide exactly, just take note of all the destructible items in the room and get a bunch of them in a combo where you kill both enemies.

Last edited by RadiantViper; 02-02-2011 at 10:13 PM.
RadiantViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:54 PM   #4
Lavindathar
The Amyrilin Seat

Send a message via Skype™ to Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien   GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Xbox One Launch Title Challenge Club - Tier 2   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Silver
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
I got it 2nd or 3rd try in the mentioned place.

Although, I did it slightly differently.

Shoot the blue canistor with the enemy below, cursor down a tad shoot the wire, down a bit shoot the wire. Scroll left, shoot wire, shoot wire, scroll left, shoot blue canister, scroll left, shoot barrells, scroll left shoot barrels.

You take out everything in less than 5 seconds, so as long as you can aim you'll clear 7,000 easily.
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:24 PM   #5
ADenton109

ADenton109's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavindathar View Post
I got it 2nd or 3rd try in the mentioned place.

Although, I did it slightly differently.

Shoot the blue canistor with the enemy below, cursor down a tad shoot the wire, down a bit shoot the wire. Scroll left, shoot wire, shoot wire, scroll left, shoot blue canister, scroll left, shoot barrells, scroll left shoot barrels.

You take out everything in less than 5 seconds, so as long as you can aim you'll clear 7,000 easily.
This helped a lot it took a few attempts just to get the guys to walk under the canister but i got it finally!

Most Recent: Tomb Raider [1000]
ADenton109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:10 PM   #6
StarsRPD

Eskobar M92's Gamercard
I noticed playing on hard was easier to get points. After a few attempts I managed to get the 2 guards in one explosion, all explosive on the walls (3 tanks), all the electric wires (3 wires) in one combo. Went from 40k to 120k. So even if I missed most of this I would still get the medal, which I already had from earlier corridor in act2.

Edit: Might be something to do with the order you shoot stuff.

Last edited by StarsRPD; 02-06-2011 at 11:37 PM.
StarsRPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:02 AM   #7
Aphrodite1

Sublimosis's Gamercard
I must be doing something wrong. I just can't get this to work. I take it you don't need to charge up the sonic gun when going for this medal?

Edit: Nevermind I did it in the end. I'm playing on easy and got around 10000 points I think. I stood at top of stairs looking down. I shot 2 electrical wires in middle of room first, then shot one of the gas tanks on far wall (which blew up both of them and took the 2 bad guys out), then across to the left a small bit for another power cable, then 1 of the 3 explodiong barrels in the water below this wire (which took all 3 out), across to the left at the bottom of the stairs I was on to shoot the gas tank on the wall, and then the power cable above it, and finally the 2 exploding barrels on the stairs. Maybe a bit OTT but it worked!. All with charged shots.

Currently working on:

Retail: Bioshock Infinite
Arcade: Brothers, Mickey Castle of Illusion, Walking Dead Season 2

Last edited by Aphrodite1; 02-13-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Aphrodite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:18 AM   #8
stevebaker28

stevebaker28's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsRPD View Post
I noticed playing on hard was easier to get points. After a few attempts I managed to get the 2 guards in one explosion, all explosive on the walls (3 tanks), all the electric wires (3 wires) in one combo. Went from 40k to 120k. So even if I missed most of this I would still get the medal, which I already had from earlier corridor in act2.

Edit: Might be something to do with the order you shoot stuff.
Many thanks to you StarsRPD! After trying this on easy and normal multiple times I read this and got it first time on hard difficulty and with only killing one of the guys too! I'm now a member of the 200G club! props to you!
stevebaker28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:32 AM   #9
StarsRPD

Eskobar M92's Gamercard
No problem glad it helped. I had trouble getting this medal on easy and normal myself. Added to the guide *Easier on hard difficulty*.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:12 PM   #10
Drunken Swede

Drunken Swede's Gamercard
Old thread, yes, but I'm stating for future players that the Mega Combo medal was earned by me after scoring a 1200 point combo inside one of the initial hallways of Act 2.

They must have patched the game to make it easier to acquire. As long as an enemy is killed within the combo, the initial hallways littered with explosives and such make an excellent area to earn this medal.

Drunken Swede is offline   Reply With Quote