PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Hydrophobia
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-20-2011, 10:14 PM   #31
MathGuy42

MathGuy42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I didn't download Hydrophobia until after Pure came out. The first time I played the game there was a TU, but only a few MB in size.

I'm afraid I didn't do anything different for Swept Off Their Feet than what guides suggest. I did it on Easy, at the beginning of Act 2. I waited in cover, then shot a glass door when the Malthusian was near it. The Malthusian didn't always fall down, so it did take a few tries. Then I went to the next hallway and repeated my steps. I think I got lucky and knocked down 2 Malthusians at the same time.

Sorry I can't give you more of a sure fire way. But I can confirm that the achievement is unlockable in Hydrophobia Pure.
MathGuy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:59 AM   #32
megamanbomber

MegaManBomber's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGuy42 View Post
I didn't download Hydrophobia until after Pure came out. The first time I played the game there was a TU, but only a few MB in size.

I'm afraid I didn't do anything different for Swept Off Their Feet than what guides suggest. I did it on Easy, at the beginning of Act 2. I waited in cover, then shot a glass door when the Malthusian was near it. The Malthusian didn't always fall down, so it did take a few tries. Then I went to the next hallway and repeated my steps. I think I got lucky and knocked down 2 Malthusians at the same time.

Sorry I can't give you more of a sure fire way. But I can confirm that the achievement is unlockable in Hydrophobia Pure.
Thanks, managed to get it as well, didn't do anything differently but it just popped up on my first try.
megamanbomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:33 AM   #33
stevebaker28

stevebaker28's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by megamanbomber View Post
Thanks, managed to get it as well, didn't do anything differently but it just popped up on my first try.
I got it at the same time as doing the maelstrom medal.
Thanks muchly for the documents guide post-update. I have all but one achievement to get now. Really good guide
stevebaker28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:08 PM   #34
ViNyLek

Send a message via AIM to ViNyLek Send a message via MSN to ViNyLek

XVinny84X's Gamercard
Hi!

I have been folllowing your collectible guide in the other thread (posted there also, so if someone replies here, don't worry about there...) and I could not, for the life of me, find document 36 (or 35 as it is...).

They are both supposed to be in little mentainance room after you kill 3 guys with Gel rounds (or others). One you have listed as on the wall to the left of terminal you need to hack, while it's on the right and left of the flames. The other supposedly right next to it and on the floor is not there. Room is tiny and I looked in every nook and cranny for 10 mins and nothing.

Anyone that can help locate which is which and where exactly is the (only) one I'm missing would get Kudos from myself^^
ViNyLek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:54 PM   #35
stevebaker28

stevebaker28's Gamercard
Are you sure you aren't looking for the imprinted one in the room where all the water floods in from? The one on the floor is definitely where the guide says it is
Old 02-23-2011, 04:07 PM   #36
ViNyLek

XVinny84X's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebaker28 View Post
Are you sure you aren't looking for the imprinted one in the room where all the water floods in from? The one on the floor is definitely where the guide says it is
Well, the way I see it, is this from my checkpoint:

You come through a vent and there is a green body with gel rounds in front. You move into big area with loads of barrels and dispatch 3 enemies as you see fit. Before doing anything else (from that little "room with green body and vent) i got straight to the wall, turn left and get to the door and into a room with hack console and some fire right across form said door. There is an imprint on the wall to the left of flame, but nothing on the floor.

Unless my game is glitched I looked all over and guide didn't even say it was tricky, are you perhaps talking about a different room ( I checked the whole area, but there are the only door that are open at this point)
Old 02-24-2011, 06:20 AM   #37
StarsRPD

Eskobar M92's Gamercard
It should be on the floor same room. You might have it from before? Have you checklisted it? - VDF Facility Overview.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:27 PM   #38
ViNyLek

XVinny84X's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsRPD View Post
It should be on the floor same room. You might have it from before? Have you checklisted it? - VDF Facility Overview.
No, I did not checklist as I have not picked it up, because it's not there... Even if I did get it I would still be able to see it like every single one I already picked up and can now see, but not add to documents. I will try to take a pic and show to you that there is nothing there. Looks like my game is just glitched, because I double checked after work yesterday and it was not there.

It's like it took a walk and took off^^
Old 02-26-2011, 01:57 PM   #39
Dunbine

Aura Battler's Gamercard
Thanks for the BIG update!

So far, I think this is the only correct guide to obtain all collectibles! All others in other forums and youtube are mess up.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:06 PM   #40
stevebaker28

stevebaker28's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViNyLek View Post
Well, the way I see it, is this from my checkpoint:

You come through a vent and there is a green body with gel rounds in front. You move into big area with loads of barrels and dispatch 3 enemies as you see fit. Before doing anything else (from that little "room with green body and vent) i got straight to the wall, turn left and get to the door and into a room with hack console and some fire right across form said door. There is an imprint on the wall to the left of flame, but nothing on the floor.

Unless my game is glitched I looked all over and guide didn't even say it was tricky, are you perhaps talking about a different room ( I checked the whole area, but there are the only door that are open at this point)
The one I was referring to is from the green body, look right at the mine there is a door with water spilling through the edges. After you hack the console and get the frequency key off one of the fresh guards this door bursts off and fills the room to the top with water. When the door breaks off you can enter this room and there's an imprinted doc on the left hand wall. Probably useless info really if your game is glitched but maybe it's this one you missed? check it
Old 02-26-2011, 11:58 PM   #41
masimus

Send a message via MSN to masimus

masimus's Gamercard
Hi.

Can someone please help me out here in regards to Document 4.

Quote:
Document: After going up the stairs to the locked door, after cutscene on the wall to the left of the blue light sign, equip your mavi and collect the imprinted document [4].
This is my first play through so maybe I am being dumb but I just cant find this document. How do you equip the mavi? All I seem to be able to do is press 'back' to bring up the map and objectives etc.

I played through up until my first hack hoping I could back track and find this but it seems I cant.

Could someone please give me some pointers for this.

Thanks.
masimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:04 PM   #42
Dunbine

Aura Battler's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by masimus View Post
Hi.

Can someone please help me out here in regards to Document 4.

This is my first play through so maybe I am being dumb but I just cant find this document. How do you equip the mavi? All I seem to be able to do is press 'back' to bring up the map and objectives etc.

I played through up until my first hack hoping I could back track and find this but it seems I cant.

Could someone please give me some pointers for this.

Thanks.
From GameFAQs:

Quote:
To access Mavi press down on the D-pad. Once you’ve done this you’ll enter a first person view. Depending on the skills you’ve acquired you’ll be able to see invisible messages on the walls, access doors remotely or hack cameras.
When you equip with Mavi, you would able to see the document as the "imprinted red head" (usually on the wall). Stay close to the painting and press X to collect the document.

So it's an image, not a real document that drops on the ground.

Last edited by Dunbine; 02-27-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Dunbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:30 PM   #43
Son of Kyuss

Son of Kyuss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Much thanks for the great guide but there's one problem I noticed with it that threw me out of the loop when using it. For Document 52 you state that it's behind the Mediashack ad, your description makes it seem like it's a document that you'd find on the ground. I eventually figured out that it's an Imprinted Document which the description in your guide doesn't state. You may want to add that in as to not cause confusion over it.

Son of Kyuss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:21 PM   #44
StarsRPD

Eskobar M92's Gamercard
Ok Ive added that.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:30 AM   #45
ViNyLek

XVinny84X's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViNyLek View Post
No, I did not checklist as I have not picked it up, because it's not there... Even if I did get it I would still be able to see it like every single one I already picked up and can now see, but not add to documents. I will try to take a pic and show to you that there is nothing there. Looks like my game is just glitched, because I double checked after work yesterday and it was not there.

It's like it took a walk and took off^^
Hi! I was finally able to take screens. Not sure if it will show here or if you will actually have to click the link but here it is. Sorry for the quality....

First screen is the starting area from checkpoint with green body to the left and 3 enemies to kill in front.

Then we have room to which we have to go saying Maintenance room

This is how it looks when we go in. Hackable console to the left and flaming with imprint to the right

Here is shot of imprint on the wall next to the flames.

And here is where it gets tricky. Your guide says there are two imprints in this room and one is on the floor right next to the one on the wall. Well, here is how it looks when coming in through the door to the room

And here when facing the door we came through and having the imprint on the wall behind our back.

As you can see there is nothing. And I even checked tiniest corners and nooks. Is this the wrong place or is my game glitched??
Old 03-02-2011, 04:41 PM   #46
StarsRPD

Eskobar M92's Gamercard
Not 2 imprints, 1 normal document on the floor. If its not there its either glitched or you have it. Replay the act and it should reappear.

Last edited by StarsRPD; 03-02-2011 at 04:43 PM.
StarsRPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:50 PM   #47
brandonator14

Brandonator14's Gamercard
Great guide almost done with game and this helped a lot

100K 4/16/2011 "Table Smasher 2000" The Simpsons Game
brandonator14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:36 AM   #48
Twigg4075

Ok, so I just finished the game and somehow I'm missing ONE document. I could've sworn I followed the collectibles thread to a T.

And looking at my -in-game stats is even more confusing. I tried to look at my documents in game and compare them to the listed ones in the collectibles thread. Being out of order is one thing but I only show 22 in my inventory?!? Yet it says I have 54?

What am I missing here?
Twigg4075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:00 PM   #49
StarsRPD

Eskobar M92's Gamercard
Certain documents go under each other in pages 1,2,etc. so pages 1-30 (Imprints) go under: From the Works of Thomas Malthus. I did add a / and to the left is the start folder name. I used .. to shorten some of them. And to shorten guide I added a note at the bottom (Imprints) so I didn't have to write it 30 times.

Example:
5 - 10 Years.. / A Vision of the Future
45 - 10 Years.. / Launching Mankinds Great Hope

These 2 go under a folder named 10 years in the making.

Last edited by StarsRPD; 03-03-2011 at 06:07 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:10 PM   #50
Twigg4075

Quote:
Certain documents go under each other in pages 1,2,etc. so pages 1-30 (Imprints) go under: From the Works of Thomas Malthus. I did add a / and to the left is the start folder name. I used .. to shorten some of them. And to shorten guide I added a note at the bottom (Imprints) so I didn't have to write it 30 times.

Example:
5 - 10 Years.. / A Vision of the Future
45 - 10 Years.. / Launching Mankinds Great Hope

These 2 go under a folder named 10 years in the making.
Ok, I see. I'll check that.

I just wish they made it easier to figure out which ones have been missed. I'm also going to check to make sure I got the medals for finding all objects/documents in each Act.

The weird thing is that I know I got the medal in Act 3 but it unlocked before finding the last two documents? So that might even be worthless.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:32 AM   #51
Twigg4075

Ok, so I checked and it looks like I'm missing "Briefing/ Sit Rep" which doesn't make sense. According to the guide it's one of FOUR documents that are given to you automatically about 3/4 of the way through Act 1?!? It's labled as the 18th document and in the walkthrough it says you are given documents 15-18.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:41 AM   #52
Twigg4075

Eventhough that one doesn't show up it was actually the first one in Act 2. Remembering back I got so frustrated I couldn't find it and gave up. Because you have to swim so far and have limited oxygen. It was also still fairly early in the game and I hadn't differentiated between scanned documents and physical ones. It didn't occur to me back then it was one I had to scan for using the mavi.

Got it now though!
Old 03-04-2011, 02:40 AM   #53
StarsRPD

Eskobar M92's Gamercard
Have you tried replaying Act 1 to get the 4 docs? Either theres a special requirement or it glitched.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:43 AM   #54
Twigg4075

Sorry if I sounded confusing but I found the document I was missing. Eventhough Sit Rep doesn't show in my inventory it was actually the very first scannable "document" of Act 2. I wish I would've known that before I played through Act 1 again first.

Now if I could just figure out how to get the Swept cheevo to unlock.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:46 PM   #55
ViNyLek

XVinny84X's Gamercard
Quote:
Not 2 imprints, 1 normal document on the floor. If its not there its either glitched or you have it. Replay the act and it should reappear.
OK, I restarted Act2 and it was there right in front of me on the ground. Weird it didn't show up the 2 first times. Thanks again
Old 03-08-2011, 11:18 PM   #56
Cringer85

Cringer85's Gamercard
You will get the Mega Combo Medal eventually in the Challenge at the very end. So there is really no need to try the method you have posted. Better spare all those frustrating hours

Last edited by Cringer85; 03-09-2011 at 10:41 PM.
Cringer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:50 AM   #57
Cringer85

Cringer85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplehedgey View Post
I think I found an error. For document #42 when you say go into the loading bay area after turning the two valves. It's actually the holding bay area before you shoot the wall and climb up the pipes.
THANKS!!! Was the last I was missing. Was searching FOREVER in the loading bay area, no thanks to the original thread writer....
Old 03-13-2011, 06:28 PM   #58
Rurik

LightningRurik's Gamercard
Thank you for putting the guide together, but I do have some constructive criticism to reduce its frustration. First off, I spent the first quarter of the game following the OLD guide, and spend a good 15 minutes trying to find the coin. There is nothing in that guide to say it has been replaced by a new one. I had to go to page 3 of the thread before someone mentioned it (and the old guide is being referenced in the Achievement Guide/Roadmap, shame on him).

There is also a lot of confusion about placement of documents and objects. You point people to where they are but the descriptions are a bit confusing (Document 50 took a large portion of time to find.) Instead of descriptions why not just say the room name? For example, go to "CAO3 Maintenance Alpha" and find the document on the inner corner of engines. No where in your guide do you reference a room name, you just use a generic description that's likely to confuse the reader more. I found myself backtracking to follow your directions multiple times when I could've just checked and compared the room names on the map.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:11 PM   #59
StarsRPD

Eskobar M92's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Thank you for putting the guide together, but I do have some constructive criticism to reduce its frustration. First off, I spent the first quarter of the game following the OLD guide, and spend a good 15 minutes trying to find the coin. There is nothing in that guide to say it has been replaced by a new one. I had to go to page 3 of the thread before someone mentioned it (and the old guide is being referenced in the Achievement Guide/Roadmap, shame on him).

There is also a lot of confusion about placement of documents and objects. You point people to where they are but the descriptions are a bit confusing (Document 50 took a large portion of time to find.) Instead of descriptions why not just say the room name? For example, go to "CAO3 Maintenance Alpha" and find the document on the inner corner of engines. No where in your guide do you reference a room name, you just use a generic description that's likely to confuse the reader more. I found myself backtracking to follow your directions multiple times when I could've just checked and compared the room names on the map.
I try my best to explain, Its hard because there is so many ways to go and everyone get confused on different things, if you read it right it's on the spot. Go look for another guide or make it yourself if your not happy. But thanks for the tips on the room names I didn't think of that.

And yes he should re-link to this thread.

Last edited by StarsRPD; 03-18-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:17 AM   #60
IAmNerd247

IAmNerd247's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide.

But 2 posts above me he mentions that your descriptions are vague and doesn't offer proper directions to each collectible, and I agree with him.

I'm sure you did alot of hard work to get this guide together but remember this:

Creating guides also comes with responsibility. It needs to be easy to read and clear for whoever is using your guide. I found myself lost ALOT of times and had to backtrack.

You need to work on your grammar, your english and your description for each collectible, if you don't want people to get confused and get lost that easily.

Last edited by IAmNerd247; 03-22-2011 at 04:30 AM.
IAmNerd247 is offline   Reply With Quote