PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Hydrophobia
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-23-2011, 01:09 PM   #61
FuhzDHAT

Send a message via Skype™ to FuhzDHAT

Merrciful's Gamercard
guide is kinda sketchy. 5/10
FuhzDHAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:53 PM   #62
StarsRPD

Eskobar M92's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'll see if I can make a picture+map for each collectible and improve the descriptions.

Edit: Fixed some photos, rest of act 2 should be up later today. & I made a link from the old guide.

Edit2: Fixed Combos medal description. Act 3 photos up soon as I have spare time.

Last edited by StarsRPD; 04-01-2011 at 09:53 PM.
StarsRPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:37 AM   #63
vegansound

vegansound's Gamercard
Question

Hi StarsRPD and everyone,

I used this fantastic guide on my 2nd walkthrough (wanted to discover the game without any solution on the 1st time), and it appears that I miss one element. I'm pretty sure I missed no step on the guide....

The missing element is listed as "52 - Moral Dignity [Page30]" in Act 3. Is it really listed in the guide? If yes, where? I'd be sad to haven't seen it... And if no, how to get this 30th page please? Do I have to redo the entire game to get it or can I just start directly from Act 3 with my actual 'last checkpoint of the game' save?

Otherwise, I put the documents list of the thread (without Thomas Malthus' book pages) on a NotePad file. Just under it, I put the French name (I'm French, the game is in French) of the documents I succeeded to get using this guide. I tried to link the same terms to delete them and see which elements I missed, but at the end, I still have more English entries than French ones. And the game says that I found 71 documents out of 72 (the 30th book page is missing I guess). Here is what's remaining:

Act 1:
6 - Review
15 - D-Sal.. / Chump

Act 2:
23 - Review
39 - Miracle
45 - Launching Mankinds Great Hope

(Act 3:
52 - Moral Dignity [page 30])

Are there really 2 reviews in the game? I only found one, sent by Ben Johnston to Mark Harrigan. And do the other documents still/really exist?? Did the game update change it? THAT much??

Thanks for your answers/help.
vegansound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:45 PM   #64
StarsRPD

Eskobar M92's Gamercard

Final Scene/Fight (Outdoors):

Document:
Second lobby on the right from where you start, go down the stairs its on the left wall at the end corner near the elevator doors. Behind left MediaShack (Imprint on the wall) [52].

If you scroll down in the Thomas Malthus File. If you don't have nr30 you need #52 in the guide. Let me know if you need a better description. 2 reviews I think that's 2 reviews under the same - RE: Review under Review.

Last edited by StarsRPD; 04-11-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:14 PM   #65
vegansound

vegansound's Gamercard
I'm pretty sure I had this document, because I had the 'get all object in Act 3/the game' medals...

So, I'll have to redo Act 3 entirely to get it... Well, shouldn't take too long, since I already have all the other documents.

I'll let you know here when I'll get it. Thank you.

Last edited by vegansound; 04-11-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:36 PM   #66
StarsRPD

Eskobar M92's Gamercard

Act 3 its near the end. Run through its a short act. The collectible medal is for pickups only, not imprints.

Last edited by StarsRPD; 04-11-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:51 PM   #67
vegansound

vegansound's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Ok, got the last page. Thank you. I thought it was a physical document, so I think that's why I wasn't able to find it. I guess I've made the mistake because it wasn't written in the guide "use you Mavi" as for the others, so I was a bit disturbed. ^^

Thanks again for your help and this great guide.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:58 PM   #68
StarsRPD

Eskobar M92's Gamercard

Document: Second lobby on the right from where you start, go down the stairs its on the left wall at the end corner near the elevator doors. Use the MAVI behind left MediaShack. Imprint on the wall [52]. - Picture

Added MAVI + Pics.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:15 PM   #69
CrownlessKing

Send a message via MSN to CrownlessKing

FJMatlock's Gamercard
You need to change your picture link for Document #32. I spent about half an hour trying to find it using the picture you have linked in the guide, and while the in game photo is correct, the photo you have showing where it is on the map is wrong. It's located just after you flood the room to put out the fire with the CCTV, then get the cipher and decrypt the door. It's in the middle room and you have to stand in the corner and just try to get in the corner and use your MAVI to see it since it's behind fire.

Your photo of the map screen has it back in the room where you pick up the Anxiety Pills collectable.
CrownlessKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:00 AM   #70
StarsRPD

Eskobar M92's Gamercard

Ok Ill look into it, thx. I was using photoshop copy/paste, must have copied wrong one.

I have backup files so I can fix it.

Also fixing 27,28 (same picture). Sorry for the mix up's.

Last edited by StarsRPD; 04-19-2011 at 04:42 AM.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:47 PM   #71
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
I have tried 3 times to find document 42, I have no idea if its in the room with 2 valves, or after that in the loading bay area, also there are NO sonic rounds in the room with energy rounds, act 2.

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 59
Franchise Clubs - 7x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 11

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:26 PM   #72
StarsRPD

Eskobar M92's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by evokazz View Post
I have tried 3 times to find document 42, I have no idea if its in the room with 2 valves, or after that in the loading bay area, also there are NO sonic rounds in the room with energy rounds, act 2.
It is in the same room (ground level) as valves. There is a mid section with elevators.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:04 PM   #73
pined5551

Traveller Nick's Gamercard

Thank you so much for this guide, it's fantastic. I had been waiting for a while for an updated guide! Should be very proud of this guide

Hydrophobia finished... and hastaly deleted from Hard Drive! haha. Hated this game! Shame it wasn't as good as I think everyone expected
pined5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:57 PM   #74
Nenagh24

EverFascinated's Gamercard
Thanks so much for this guide, it's really useful!
Nenagh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:04 PM   #75
Restricted-Access

Darth Pinhead's Gamercard
Since I replayed the game from a NEW GAME, I thought I should mention a few things that might help someone trying to get ALL the medals in one run (you should "still" refer to the guide to make sure you don't miss something).

Read my last post in the Deep Breath Medal Will NOT Unlock thread. I already have all the achievements, but since I was replaying the game... I figured I'd try for everything again, anyway... just to see if certain medals were still being... "difficult!"

Also... I was able to get the "Stealth" medal using nothing but Sonic Rounds. I got the first guy (it takes 3 fully-charged sonic shots - and make sure you are crouched for stealth), who was setting the mine... then I just hid behind the crate until those other two were investigating the area - until they left. No matter how close they get to you... do NOT attack them or move: Just stay behind the crate under the hatch you dropped-in from! When they leave the area, creep out to where you can see both of them, and wait until one guy has left the area (and THEN some)... and when the other guy is about to go out of range, take HIM out! I got lucky. When that second guy was down (but not dead)... apparently the third guy came around to investigate what was happening (I couldn't see him)... and I shot at a barrel that I saw next to the second guy (full sonic charge) and it killed both of them: Stealth medal unlocked!

I also didn't get the "Supersonic" medal the first time... but I might have forgotten to reload a checkpoint... so just use Sonic Rounds ONLY the ENTIRE game. I was able to electrocute a guy by shooting an electrical panel he was near, then kill him with a head-shot from a fully-charged sonic round (I was about 8 or 10 feet from him). With him being shocked to death, I think that by the time the sonic round was fully charged and I shot him... he was so close to death that it was able to kill him - and I got the "Humanitarian" medal (killing a Malthusian while on fire or being electrocuted).

As for the "Geek" medal... don't let the countdown get too close to zero before the hack is complete! I never failed a hack when I played it the first time, but I got down to zero - AND completed the hack at the same time, a couple of times... and that may be the reason I didn't get the medal the first time. If it looks like you "might" run out of time, be ready to abort the hack ("B" button). As stated in the guide, aborting does not constitute a fail. I aborted a couple of times when I finally got the medal, so it's safe to do.

Good luck, people. I just wanted to share my game-playing techniques that worked... and to give this thread a bump, so it stays near the top (why doesn't this thread get stickied?)!
Restricted-Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:09 PM   #76
Blizzard-1

DayzeUK's Gamercard
Guide worked perfectly, thanks for posting.
Blizzard-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:12 AM   #77
McRedRover

mcredrover's Gamercard
Fantastic guide. Almost got my 100% there is just one thing stopping me. Mega Combo. If anyone has a detailed way, could they enlighten me? I have tried in the corridors like the guide said but I cannot seem to get it. Thanks.
McRedRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 03:50 PM   #78
Hoschi Hawkes

Hoschi Hawkes's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I have some troubles with "Medal: Valour: Rescue both Billingham and Grimley. On the CCTV's second feed Hit X on the door to let water through and rescue the hostages." Every time i try this, i only get the medal for the rescue of grimly, not for both of them, cause one hostage allways gets shot in the cutscene.
Hoschi Hawkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:02 PM   #79
Dombine

Dombine's Gamercard
I kinda wished you'd put the 'Misc Medals' list at the front of the post. I've just completed the game and I didn't get the 'Geek' Medal ><
Dombine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:51 AM   #80
Drucifer82

zI Drucifer Iz's Gamercard

I've been following this guide step by step and I cannot find the vent he is referring to for document 25 or the corridor that has the mega combo set up in it.

The vent I followed to rescue the Grimley by flooding the room was not labeled the same as the one in the photo referring to the document, and it certainly didn't split left/right.

The only corridor I saw after hacking the door was the one that had the flame vent containing document 24 and there wasn't nearly enough there to get a 7,000+ combo.

EDIT: I found the document 25 in CYLCO-C AO2B, but it's not a vent, it's a corridor, I had to backtrack to find it. I still don't know where he's referring for the Mega Combo medal.
As of 4/28/14 my Borderlands 2 trading post is officially closed. I am no longer boosting, trading, farming, etc on the Xbox360. I am entirely on the Xbox One now. If you want to play Xbox One with me, send a friend request with a message to GT zI Drucifer Iz (those are capital I's).

Last edited by Drucifer82; 01-16-2012 at 07:32 AM.
Drucifer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #81
Drucifer82

zI Drucifer Iz's Gamercard

There seems to be a conflict of instruction. The instructions for document 50 say to go left then left after shooting the electric wires and to shoot the window to the cyclo-A room. But if I'm following the directions right, that's the glass you're not supposed to break to get the flood medal, I'm confused.
As of 4/28/14 my Borderlands 2 trading post is officially closed. I am no longer boosting, trading, farming, etc on the Xbox360. I am entirely on the Xbox One now. If you want to play Xbox One with me, send a friend request with a message to GT zI Drucifer Iz (those are capital I's).

Drucifer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:24 PM   #82
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoschi Hawkes View Post
I have some troubles with "Medal: Valour: Rescue both Billingham and Grimley. On the CCTV's second feed Hit X on the door to let water through and rescue the hostages." Every time i try this, i only get the medal for the rescue of grimly, not for both of them, cause one hostage allways gets shot in the cutscene.
Me to, WTF? does anyone have a video? or a better explanation thanks..

and do i have to wait for a checkpoint for these medals to pop? because i dont remember its been an while since i played this game. i wonder if the update screwed with my medals unlocking.

Annalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:27 PM   #83
Dombine

Dombine's Gamercard
Second playthrough for missed medal

I'm need some help with starting a new playthrough. Basically, I followed this guide to get all the collectilbes and medals. I finished it and I didn't get the medal for making all my hacks successful first time.
So I need to start a new game. Now do I start a new game by going or new game, or, going on load game and selecting act 1?
I don't want to lose all the collectibles and medals I already have. I personnaly think if I click load game and select act 1, it'll still regonise all of the collectibles and medals I have from my previous game.
Am I right in thinking this?
Dombine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #84
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dombine View Post
I'm need some help with starting a new playthrough. Basically, I followed this guide to get all the collectilbes and medals. I finished it and I didn't get the medal for making all my hacks successful first time.
So I need to start a new game. Now do I start a new game by going or new game, or, going on load game and selecting act 1?
I don't want to lose all the collectibles and medals I already have. I personnaly think if I click load game and select act 1, it'll still regonise all of the collectibles and medals I have from my previous game.
Am I right in thinking this?
You'll be fine just start a new game.

Annalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:15 PM   #85
Turdboi

Turdboi's Gamercard
Nice guide man, will definitely be using this.
Turdboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:15 PM   #86
demonhaze

demon haze ii's Gamercard
This may have already been said, but since the update you no longer need 7000+ for mega combo, only 1500+, this could ofcourse be a glitch, but i have seen several other reports saying they got the medal after 1500, as did i.
demonhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:16 PM   #87
josilva1206

Thumbs up

Fantastic guide, very useful and detailed, just got all the objects and the documents. Thanks for all the hard work.
josilva1206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:20 PM   #88
thenutman69321

TheNutman69321's Gamercard
Damn I have searched every inch of the room for document 50 and surrounding areas and I just can't find it.

Edit: Must have been a glitch. Reloaded the act and it appeared in a spot I know I checked a dozen times.

Last edited by thenutman69321; 07-11-2012 at 07:35 PM.
thenutman69321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:06 AM   #89
HATRID

HATRID REMAINS's Gamercard
great guide, life saver
HATRID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:21 PM   #90
nfgmusicPaul

nfgmusicPaul's Gamercard
Mathguy42 saved the day! U rock man! But I hate math!!!!!! Especially Calc!!!!!