Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Two Worlds II
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-07-2011, 06:42 PM   #1
TheSecondLetter

TheSecondLetter's Gamercard
Online Play...

Was I the only one that read the online interview from the main man at Reality Pump where he basically said, the online play for TW2 was going to full the void that consoles have seen with Online RPGs. That it would rival the best out there?

Online play feels more like something they tacked on at the end than the robust online world that was promised.

Moral of the story, leave online play OUT of RPGs. For the love of God.
TheSecondLetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:58 PM   #2
v n0mad x

v n0mad x's Gamercard
I agree. there isn't really a whole alot of variety as far as weapons/armor goes for the levels...you're either level 36 and have this armor or level 46 and have this armor..it bugs me, like I want to look like everyone else in the game. i've heard rumors on the game that they're making a patch to fix some of the things people complain about like the marshlands being the only way to level after 36? im not real into the game online so i wouldnt really know much about the rest but, if there is a patch and its what these people say it will be i think it will be much better.
v n0mad x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:02 PM   #3
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
6 ten minute adventure maps doesnt cut it. The game's campaign should have had full co op. There is not nearly enough content in the mp to keep you wanting to play it. I would have enjoyed the game so much more if I could have played the story mode with my brother instead of 6 short linear levels.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:06 PM   #4
WhiteDad

WhiteDad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
6 ten minute adventure maps doesnt cut it. The game's campaign should have had full co op. There is not nearly enough content in the mp to keep you wanting to play it. I would have enjoyed the game so much more if I could have played the story mode with my brother instead of 6 short linear levels.
Agreed. I wonder if there will be any additional MP content any time soon?
WhiteDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:24 PM   #5
TheSecondLetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
This is what I didn't understand. The impression I got from reading the interviews as that what you typed was exactly what we were going to get. It was a bogus move to separate the online and singleplayer modes. Online co-op for the main campaign would have been much better just like you said. That way, I don't have to go thru leveling a character twice.

I had my character at lvl 41 before I finished Chapter 2 in the story. That was 35hrs worth of play. To have to do it over again in their multiplayer is just whack to me.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:52 AM   #6
Andreas_loel

mr fiskeh's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSecondLetter View Post

Plain and simple, no.

What the RPG scene needs is more coop/teambased ones, not something that just caters to the loner crowd that lacks friends unless its a Dungeons and Dragons saturday.

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDoggson
Andreas_loel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:23 AM   #7
Epsilon 616

EPSILON 616's Gamercard
I think the co-op is good, but I agree it is way too short.

It would be nice if there is more to it. I think that they will drop some Online DLC like they did for the first Two Worlds and hopefully flesh out the experience BEYOND a short Campaign.
Epsilon 616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:32 PM   #8
Deathr0t

deathr0t's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Unless it's an MMORPG, I do agree. However, I find it pathetic Two Worlds, Elder Scrolls Oblivion/Skyrim, Risen, Dragon Age, even Fallout 3, Fallout Vegas doesn't have true Co-op from level 1 to endgame. Borderlands was the first step, why others haven't followed suit yet is beyond me.

Deathr0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:22 AM   #9
Zenith94x

ArkticZenith's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathr0t View Post
Unless it's an MMORPG, I do agree. However, I find it pathetic Two Worlds, Elder Scrolls Oblivion/Skyrim, Risen, Dragon Age, even Fallout 3, Fallout Vegas doesn't have true Co-op from level 1 to endgame. Borderlands was the first step, why others haven't followed suit yet is beyond me.
Agreed. They should just follow the same formula as Borderlands but make a 3rd person rpg like two worlds 2 with dungeons and loot.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:41 AM   #10
TheSecondLetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas_loel View Post
Plain and simple, no.

What the RPG scene needs is more coop/teambased ones, not something that just caters to the loner crowd that lacks friends unless its a Dungeons and Dragons saturday.
I can agree with that if the multiplayer actually adds value to the game. Most (console) RPG developers haven't found a way to do that, though.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:07 AM   #11
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
Quote:
I quite agree with you. If it wasn't for achievements, I would never have played the MP campaign past chapter 2.

Achievement #1000 - Seek and Destroy - Achievement #10000 - Fully Evolved

Overachiever: 54 points - 15 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 7-4-0

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote