Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Xbox 360
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-07-2011, 11:40 PM   #1
Tom115

Tom RT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Xbox Live will not stay connected!

I recently got a 250GB Slim and all was fine for about a month... Recently, most noticabely for the past 2 or 3 days, I have been getting disconnected from XBL every 15-20 minutes and I'm at my fucking wits end now. Every time I get d/c'd I can ALWAYS reconnect straight after... I've searched Google for hours but nothing I try helps!

A lot of stuff I read talks about NAT settings and forwarding ports and I don't have a fucking clue what that means?! I play Xbox you know I'm not a computer boff...

Like I said this has only started happening for the past week, before that everything was cushty so I don't understand what's happened!! My network bar thing is always between 3-4 bars...

Anyone... please?!
Old 02-08-2011, 12:18 AM   #2
mmartynn

Send a message via MSN to mmartynn

mmartynn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
what internet provider are you using?
what is the make of your router?
are you using wireless or wired connection?

tell me these and ill try help ya
Old 02-08-2011, 12:26 AM   #3
RwHu

It must have something to do with your internet. I haven't been having any problems with a disconnection issue. Maybe you should call your ISP and see if everything is ok with your internet.

RwHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:40 AM   #4
Tom115

Tom RT's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartynn View Post
what internet provider are you using?
what is the make of your router?
are you using wireless or wired connection?

tell me these and ill try help ya
TalkTalk, no idea what the router is - it's in my dads room and he's asleep so I can't check atm, and wireless. Thing is, I'm on the laptop at the same time and the internet stays connected. Also I only ever get disconnected while playing a game - sitting on the dashboard or in the menu of a game it stays connected.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:47 PM   #5
Watty8883

Watty8883's Gamercard
I`ve had exactly same problem as the OP in the last few days never had problems before with my sky broadband before.Maybe its an xbox live issue ?
Old 02-08-2011, 08:48 PM   #6
Tom115

Tom RT's Gamercard

That's what I'm hoping man, can't be doing with the hassle sorting my internet connection out.

My router is an Echolife HG520s btw if anyone can help...
Old 02-08-2011, 09:18 PM   #7
watchmefly420

watchmefly420's Gamercard
personally id try a direct hook up to the router with a wired connection, I've never like the wireless gaming. big selling point on the slim but there's so many factors that can interfere with your signal (example:i got a new baby monitor and it flashes when i change pages on my laptop). try and think if you got any new electronics in the last few weeks if not try wired to the router, if that don't work try disabling to router and direct line to the modem. if that don't work call your provider. hope this helps
watchmefly420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:22 PM   #8
Tom115

Tom RT's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmefly420 View Post
personally id try a direct hook up to the router with a wired connection, I've never like the wireless gaming. big selling point on the slim but there's so many factors that can interfere with your signal (example:i got a new baby monitor and it flashes when i change pages on my laptop). try and think if you got any new electronics in the last few weeks if not try wired to the router, if that don't work try disabling to router and direct line to the modem. if that don't work call your provider. hope this helps
It's not possible to use a cable to link my Xbox to my router - too far away and my dad wont have a long lead going through the house. I've been using my Xbox wirelessly for the past 4 years using a network adaptor so I really don't understand :/... Might just take it back and get a replacement lol see if that solves it... Come to think of it it started around the day I plugged in a controller dock into my Xbox... I could try taking that out, but surely that wouldn't interfere with the wireless connection? Haha.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:29 PM   #9
watchmefly420

watchmefly420's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom115 View Post
:/... Might just take it back and get a replacement lol see if that solves it... Come to think of it it started around the day I plugged in a controller dock into my Xbox... I could try taking that out, but surely that wouldn't interfere with the wireless connection? Haha.
I've seen weirder things happen, is it possibly to plug it into the wall away from the xbox, I'd try that if that don't fix it try returning the xbox. let us know what happens
watchmefly420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:42 PM   #10
Tom115

Tom RT's Gamercard

Well that didn't solve it... Found this, though. Seems other people are facing the same problems so I guess I'll just have to wait it out... Annoying as, considering I'm paying for this shit.

Also just found out it's to do with people on TalkTalk. At least my Xbox isn't fucked!
http://forums.xbox.com/10/35756939/S....aspx#35756939 if anyone is having the same problems. Apparently they've found a problem after like 3 weeks and it should be sorted within a couple of days... We'll see :/

Last edited by Tom115; 02-08-2011 at 11:56 PM.
Tom115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:18 PM   #11
Drewberticus

The w0lf fenrir's Gamercard
Im having the same issue. On my dashboard im fine and I can play a game offline but if I try and play like nw3 or even watch Hulu then it cuts me out. Game its immediate. Hulu I can watch about a quarter of an episode online and it disconnects
Drewberticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:50 PM   #12
MangledRex

MangledRex's Gamercard
I had a similar problem and once i changed from wireless to wired the problem was solved

Even though on my older xbox with the wifi adapter I never had any problems and it was in the exact same spot as the old one :S

Last edited by MangledRex; 02-27-2012 at 02:52 PM.
MangledRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #13
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I've got Sky Broadband, their new Sagemcom router (which is A1 quality), and I've had no issues with being online. I do live very close to the BT internet exchange for my area, so my internet speeds are good. It might be that your on TalkTalk, I've heard nothin good about them. The only providers I've ever used were Virgin Media and Sky. Virgin were a bit crap too. I kept getting disconnected even though I was using a wired connection then.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #14
Skedarr

Skedarr's Gamercard
Another option you should check is how your ISP works with P2P as when I used to be with Virginmedia I used to get dc'd constantly when playing games online after months of their usual crap over the phone I finally found out what the problem was and it was that virgin throttle P2P gaming as soon as I switched ISP havnt been dc'd since.
Skedarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #15
CORPSE THROWER

CORPSE THROWER's Gamercard
Recheck all of your settings. I have the same 360 model as you(older though) and experience no problems. Its probably a connection issue.
CORPSE THROWER is offline   Reply With Quote