PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Bionic Commando Rearmed 2
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Which is Worse the fact that they added a Jump button or the mustache?
The mustache. 7 17.50%
The Jump button, that's what the bionic arm is for. 9 22.50%
They are both equally as bad. 10 25.00%
Neither one bothers me/I barley noticed. 14 35.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2011, 11:04 AM   #1
Darth Cuda
 
Darth Cuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: UnitedStates
Posts: 1,453

Darth Cuda's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Which is worse the mustache or the jump button?

I love BC always have which is why I hate these changes. Which a probably minor but it still bugs me. Can't wait for DL to finish though. Thoughts?
__________________
All throttle no bottle.
If i hear just one Tracey Sucks chant...It's gonna be Ultra Mega Mass Homicide!
Darth Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:20 AM   #2
BigApple3AM
 
BigApple3AM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cali-Forni-Ah
Posts: 268

BigApple3AM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I think the mustache is RAD. I'll take it over the dreads any day...

And jumping will make the game more accessible for players new to the series. Awesomely, the game is designed so that you can beat it without actually jumping if you are old school.
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:44 PM   #3
sepulturas666
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 365
Both of them lol. :P
sepulturas666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:59 PM   #4
Ashes in Fall
 
Ashes in Fall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 125

Ashes in Fall's Gamercard
They're both fine.

Mustache > Dreads
__________________
"Existence isó well, what does it matter?
I've existed on the best terms I can.
The past is now part of my future.
The present is well out of hand.
I can now see everything falling to
pieces before my eyes." - Ian Curtis of Joy Division
Ashes in Fall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:18 PM   #5
UCB Disco
 
UCB Disco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 東京都八王子市, JAPAN
Posts: 1,298

Disco Penguins's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
There is NOTHING wrong with the mustache! Best improvement from the first to the sequel.

However, the jump button just doesn't fee right AT ALL. It's awkward. And even worse, it causes grappling to be more difficult than before. Very bad choice adding jumping to this game. Very, very bad.
__________________


UCB Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:39 PM   #6
russian box
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 183

russian box's Gamercard
The mustache is funny!

Thankfully its not dreads

the no jump achievement is annoying because i can't turn off jump! i'm not saying i don't have con troll over my thumb, I'm just saying id like for it to be turned off, abit like the vital chambers on bioshock 2
__________________
russian box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:25 AM   #7
BigApple3AM
 
BigApple3AM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cali-Forni-Ah
Posts: 268

BigApple3AM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
yeah, they definitely need to add an option to turn the jump button off so you can go for the cheeve without worrying about accidentally hitting it.
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:51 AM   #8
AfroRyan
 
AfroRyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SOIL
Posts: 22

AfroRyan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApple3AM View Post
yeah, they definitely need to add an option to turn the jump button off so you can go for the cheeve without worrying about accidentally hitting it.
COMPLETELY AGREED. Even Tetris Splash has an option to turn off the hold cue, which is awesome for going for the Old School achievement. But in BCR2...it's just so easy to hit the A button on accident.
AfroRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:58 AM   #9
BigApple3AM
 
BigApple3AM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cali-Forni-Ah
Posts: 268

BigApple3AM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
There is NO menu option to disable jumping because after you complete the game, you unlock Retro Mode where jumping is automatically disabled.
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:47 AM   #10
Polygon Pirate
 
Polygon Pirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Central Coast of Australia
Posts: 243

Polygon Pirate's Gamercard
Both add character to the game. No offence, but I found the poll and this thread a tad petty.
It is a fun game imo, just enjoy it as such.

And this little fact;

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApple3AM View Post
There is NO menu option to disable jumping because after you complete the game, you unlock Retro Mode where jumping is automatically disabled.
makes this thread half irrelevant anyway.

.
__________________

Last edited by Polygon Pirate; 02-03-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Polygon Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:23 AM   #11
Auburok
 
Auburok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Burbank
Posts: 1,440
Send a message via Skype™ to Auburok

auburok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The tacky 'stache. It's probably mostly the new art style, but I think Nathan went down from a 80's action hero to my dad's wedding photos over the course of a year and a half.
Auburok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:31 PM   #12
This be DMK
 
This be DMK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 427
Send a message via AIM to This be DMK

This be DMK's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApple3AM View Post
I think the mustache is RAD. I'll take it over the dreads any day...
Couldn't of said it better, not to say I completely hated the dreads, but why try to fix what isn't broken? Can't wait to play it though.
This be DMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:22 AM   #13
o D M C o
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Manchester
Posts: 546

IVIr IVIeNsA's Gamercard
The ONLY time a 'tache isnt awesome is when its on a womans face
o D M C o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:24 PM   #14
Darth Cuda
 
Darth Cuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: UnitedStates
Posts: 1,453

Darth Cuda's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon Pirate View Post
Both add character to the game. No offence, but I found the poll and this thread a tad petty.
It is a fun game imo, just enjoy it as such.

And this little fact;
makes this thread half irrelevant anyway.

.
Polls are for entertainment and to see how others feel. There is nothing irrelevant about asking others how they feel about changes. I didn't know about the retro mode, but I would have still posted this had I known. I'm referring to changes to the standard game without any extras. Like everyone talking about how horrible the dreads were. I'm sure those ppl (like me) used the retro skin to make game more appealing. Are their gripes not legitimate either? I also allowed for ppl to vote that they DO NOT mind the changes to be fair to everyone and not bias it. Vote or don't I'm just asking for opinions here and overall I like the game (not as much as rearmed).

The Bionic controls feel worse than previous titles btw making jump feel like an obligation than an addition from what I have observed (I'm only st 6 so kinda early yet). Hopefully that's intentional and "retro mode" will feel better to old school purists such as myself.
__________________
All throttle no bottle.
If i hear just one Tracey Sucks chant...It's gonna be Ultra Mega Mass Homicide!
Darth Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:31 PM   #15
BigApple3AM
 
BigApple3AM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cali-Forni-Ah
Posts: 268

BigApple3AM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cuda View Post

The Bionic controls feel worse than previous titles btw making jump feel like an obligation than an addition from what I have observed (I'm only st 6 so kinda early yet). Hopefully that's intentional and "retro mode" will feel better to old school purists such as myself.
lol yeah, but swinging felt like an obligation instead of a feature every time I couldn't jump over a freaking barrel in the first one. The game does get more swing-intensive in later levels, so keep playing.
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:55 PM   #16
Darth Cuda
 
Darth Cuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: UnitedStates
Posts: 1,453

Darth Cuda's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Swinging IS an obligation. Its called bionic commando for a reason and when you say first one are you referring to rearmed or the "first one". When it was moved from arcade to NES you had shoot, jump, pause and select to quit out of previously beaten stages. They couldn't have added jump had they wanted to. This game is 5th or more btw; they had arcade, nes hand held, new one and RA 1 and 2 that I know of possibly more.
__________________
All throttle no bottle.
If i hear just one Tracey Sucks chant...It's gonna be Ultra Mega Mass Homicide!
Darth Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:36 PM.