PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Shadowrun
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2007, 04:06 PM   #1
Stinkyf1re
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oxford, Mississippi
Posts: 1,153
Send a message via AIM to Stinkyf1re

St1nkyfire's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   UMK3 Tournament Winner!   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Why GUST is the magic to buy!

Ok after playing this game just about every day since i've gotten it, i've changed my habits and added a new favorite spell to my arsenal. Gust. I'm about to explain why everyone on x360a needs to get familiar with Gust. First of all, i RARELY see anyone else in public matches using gust, theres a reason right there why its awesome. So here are Stinkyf1re's reasons why Gust is the shit:

1. Rarely will your opponents use Gust
---- At least not before you have it and use it against them.
2. Gust damages n00bs using SMOKE
---- Simply put, how many times have u been unloading a clip on a guy with your smg and he vanishes into that annoying fog. Well be angered no more, one direct gust blast on a smoker will knock his annoying ass out for that round
3. Screw up the aiming of your opponents
---- A lot of times, you and an opponent will both have the same weapon (works best when you both have an SMG) My tip is to start charging him, let him charge back, when he gets semi-close GUST his ass to send him flying backwards and send his gun waving (effectively taking his reticule off your elf head) While hes flying backwards, unload some SMG on him and your enemy will be dead in seconds.
4. Gust hurts people NOT in smoke as well
---- Found this out the other day, if your in a gunfire fight with an enemy, unload about 2/3rds of your SMG clip on him THEN gust him...he will die. This works the best if you've already shot some bullets out of your smg and DONT want to reload because another enemy is fast approaching. Just shoot out the rest of your clip and gust his bitch ass.
5. Theif elf trying to take artifact and run to extraction? Not anymore
--- How many times have you been in a game and some nub cake elf runs and grabs the artifact thinking he's going to score quickly and try and avoid fighting? Well here's an easy solution. As you as you hear the "Artifact taken" voice, head to the Defend spot ASAP. If you get there before the guy with the artifact does, equip your SMG and gust and wait. In a matter of seconds you should see him running up towards extraction. Let him get close then gust his ass back away from the extraction and unload on him with your SMG. you got yourself a theif kill
6. Keep those Essence stealing Dwarves at Bay
--- We all know how bad it sucks when an enemy dwarf decides to get a little friendly with you and try to steal your essence while at the same time, filling you with bullets.Well the next time you turn around to see that dwarf kicking at your heels, gust him backwards and strafe side to side, unloading on him with your smg. You will be surprised how well this works.
7. Elf trying to be a ninja on your ass?
--- Pretty much everyone knows that the elf/katana combination is the most used over xboxlive. Well with GUST, most of your worries will be solved. (unless he gets that mortal wound on you from behind). If you see an elf with a katana coming anywhere close to you, gust him back and unload.
8. Enemy gliding away?! Get the kill STILL!
---- Have you been in a firefight where an enemy tries to get away from you with that glider? Or have you been gliding up above the battlefield and meet an enemy glider in mid air? Well in either of these situations..GUST is your best friend still Gust will SHUT DOWN an enemies glider and (depending on how high in the air they are) cause them to fall to their death OR be shot in the face by your SMG/rifle
9. Nades' Got You Down?
----We all know the frustrating moment you run around a corner to see nothing but a NADE coming right at your FACE from long range! Well (thanks again to Nada for reminding me) with GUST Your nade rush n00b enemies will have swift justice returned upon them. Simply gust at a nade and it will be sent flying backwards towards your opponent. Of course, right after you Gust its usually a good idea to toss one of you OWN nades! Two for the price of one! P.S- Works w/rockets too

Thanks to Tai Me we Now have some New info
1. Got corpses of enemies laying around that you don't want to be bothered shooting? Gust THOSE off the cliffs!
2. In fact, you can also use Gust to clear Strangle. It's hard to hear for the enemy, and it only takes three or four casts to clear the strangle. And you don't have to use a Dwarf or gunfire! The enemy won't know you've cleared it, unless they're looking right at it!
3. If you're falling from a large height... Cast it as your feet just as you're about to hit the ground. You won't take damage!
4. You can even use Gust to gain a little bit of extra height from a jump if you cast it at your feet... This really works for teleporting too! You'll teleport higher than you normally would using this tactic!
5. You can even Gust people off of ladders! Or out from under Trees of Life.
6. Gust works on the dropped seeds of the Tree of Life as well!
-----------

Well i think you pretty much all get the idea Hope these tips help you out in the next game when your using gust to your advantage

Last edited by Stinkyf1re; 06-25-2007 at 01:15 PM.
Stinkyf1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 05:28 PM   #2
jacob456
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dover, UK
Posts: 450

jacob456's Gamercard
nice work, i only really started using gust today. it pretty much pwns and i think i only need 1 more kill with gust for the achievement
jacob456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:40 PM   #3
mike21878
 
mike21878's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 152
Thanks for the tip. I'll be trying it tonight when i get back after class.
__________________



mike21878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:41 PM   #4
Veles
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bristol/Cardiff, UK
Posts: 252

Veles's Gamercard
One of my favourite spells, always have it mapped to a button, catches a lot of smokers by surprise.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:38 AM   #5
darnova117
 
darnova117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 12

Dark Nova 117's Gamercard
yep it definitely is one of the best spells to buy.
darnova117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:21 PM   #6
Nada
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 89
Stinkyf1re you are right but you are missing one VERY BIG FACT this spell has.

I CAN THROW NADES BACK AT WARP SPEED!!!!

thats right they toss it at you beam it back at there head with gust it will go in a strait line to the direction you gust so send that crap back at them and make them pay.

How about this one. You hate rocket speed.......AHHH now you get it rocket + gust = RUN MAN RUN!!!!!
Nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:24 PM   #7
Stinkyf1re
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oxford, Mississippi
Posts: 1,153
Send a message via AIM to Stinkyf1re

St1nkyfire's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   UMK3 Tournament Winner!   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nada View Post
Stinkyf1re you are right but you are missing one VERY BIG FACT this spell has.

I CAN THROW NADES BACK AT WARP SPEED!!!!

thats right they toss it at you beam it back at there head with gust it will go in a strait line to the direction you gust so send that crap back at them and make them pay.

How about this one. You hate rocket speed.......AHHH now you get it rocket + gust = RUN MAN RUN!!!!!
Ah! How could i forget!!??! Thanks Nada!
Stinkyf1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:25 PM   #8
Nada
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 89
No trouble if you think thats good you should see my F-18 setup.

Elf
Wired Reflexes
Glider
Nades
Rocket launcher

Once you launch yourself in the air switch to the launcher and yell incoming. For some reason on boards with multiple levels people dont check the skys much. I guess when you are moving at the speed of running in the air they dont get a chance to see you. If you do it right.
Nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:29 PM   #9
L3giOn
 
L3giOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Earthrealm
Posts: 5,303

I L3giOn I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Gears of War Annex Challenge Runners Up   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Submit - Bronze   Street Fighter 2 Runner-up   Donator - Level 1   UNO - Gold
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Very nice thread man. I know we already talked about this last night but I couldn't agree more. Although, I don't think you should have given our secret away.
__________________
L3giOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:51 PM   #10
Stinkyf1re
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oxford, Mississippi
Posts: 1,153
Send a message via AIM to Stinkyf1re

St1nkyfire's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   UMK3 Tournament Winner!   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by L3giOn View Post
Very nice thread man. I know we already talked about this last night but I couldn't agree more. Although, I don't think you should have given our secret away.
Err...shit your right
Stinkyf1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:55 AM   #11
xX0neAndOnlyXx
 
xX0neAndOnlyXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 164

xX0neAndOnlyXx's Gamercard
When I play, I always buy gust to get those smokers :P. Last time I played which was a couple days ago, lots of people I went against had gust so I think lots of people know that gust is a good magic spell, even though mostly all magic/techs are useful for certain situations.
__________________
xX0neAndOnlyXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:49 PM   #12
Cyrex
 
Cyrex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North Andover, MA
Posts: 2,191
Send a message via AIM to Cyrex Send a message via MSN to Cyrex Send a message via Yahoo to Cyrex

Sledge x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
very useful, i tend to use gust smoke and smartlink, all very useful, but i doubt that half the people on XBL look at this site though so there is not much you have to worry about
__________________
Go Green Go White
Cyrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:18 PM   #13
Exane22
 
Exane22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lake St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,432

Exane22's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Haven't really had time to use gust that much, but with all the people playing as elves it really has been coming in handy. Its funny whenever and elf comes charging at you with a katana and you start unloading in them with ur SMG. You no they are going to use smoke and run away like a pussy and when you pull gust out of ur ass its like "ha, easy money". I guess they will never learn, good for you and me eh
__________________
Exane22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:39 AM   #14
nascarfan38124
 
nascarfan38124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 287

NascarFan38124's Gamercard
i would use gust more but i dont want to get rid of the other spells i use i go with dwarf glider grenades and res with the sniper maybe later after i get my dwarf player achievement i will play elf more and can get it but if you really think about it you can find, what is it, 9 good aspects of every spell like take summon for example

1 guard stuff
2 watch back side
3 help with enemies (distract)
4 can kill people
5 takes a fair abount of damage or waste ammo
6 shields fire
7 destroys other summons
8 ect.

i am not trying to discredit you i also think gust is great it is that i just dont use it as much as other spells and what you did is pointed out all of the functions of the one spell but it reflects rockets too? thats crazy
__________________
I have 614 achievements with a total of 13985 points.

Working on
GHII - Expert
GHIII - Hard
Assassin's Creed - 1000

Compleate
Halo 3
Uno
Galaga
Gauntlet
Marble Blast
Crackdown
Oblivion
Shadowrun
DW: Gundam

lol very old ^^
nascarfan38124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:30 PM   #15
Stinkyf1re
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oxford, Mississippi
Posts: 1,153
Send a message via AIM to Stinkyf1re

St1nkyfire's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   UMK3 Tournament Winner!   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarfan38124 View Post
i would use gust more but i dont want to get rid of the other spells i use i go with dwarf glider grenades and res with the sniper maybe later after i get my dwarf player achievement i will play elf more and can get it but if you really think about it you can find, what is it, 9 good aspects of every spell like take summon for example

1 guard stuff
2 watch back side
3 help with enemies (distract)
4 can kill people
5 takes a fair abount of damage or waste ammo
6 shields fire
7 destroys other summons
8 ect.

i am not trying to discredit you i also think gust is great it is that i just dont use it as much as other spells and what you did is pointed out all of the functions of the one spell but it reflects rockets too? thats crazy
Well, every Gust benefit i mentioned actually had a SPECIFIC use. Although "can kill people" and "watch back side" sound like great pieces of information that i didnt already know. FYI, the reason for this thread is because, seriously, gust has more options and benefits than any other spell, period. And since when do summons "sheild fire"? What does that even mean. Yes summons destroy other summons, but so does any weapon in the game.
Stinkyf1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:44 PM   #16
Nodice703
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 2 UP 2 DOWN
Posts: 3
Send a message via AIM to Nodice703

Nodice703's Gamercard
thats whats good gust is nice for those smoke users...
Nodice703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:29 PM   #17
nascarfan38124
 
nascarfan38124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 287

NascarFan38124's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyf1re View Post
Well, every Gust benefit i mentioned actually had a SPECIFIC use. Although "can kill people" and "watch back side" sound like great pieces of information that i didnt already know. FYI, the reason for this thread is because, seriously, gust has more options and benefits than any other spell, period. And since when do summons "sheild fire"? What does that even mean. Yes summons destroy other summons, but so does any weapon in the game.
yea those arnt really supposed to mean much and the "sheild fire" means that you can hide behind your minion and the minion will take damage not you so like a human/minion shield like thing but my main point is that you just listed every good point of the spell and you can do that about all of them i just used summon as an example but see the main problem with me is that i dont have any room to put it in at the moment because i found my strategy that works dwarf with glider to get around better grenades because i play halo so much i am used to them and they help in a firefight and then res because everyone should have res so the problem is that most people are already not using it and i see your point is to get people to use it but i dont think many people will change much at all
__________________
I have 614 achievements with a total of 13985 points.

Working on
GHII - Expert
GHIII - Hard
Assassin's Creed - 1000

Compleate
Halo 3
Uno
Galaga
Gauntlet
Marble Blast
Crackdown
Oblivion
Shadowrun
DW: Gundam

lol very old ^^
nascarfan38124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:40 PM   #18
Warhero89
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 16

Warhero89's Gamercard
As of recently, ive also found that gust is a great help if you want to res multiple fallen teammates, without exposing yourself to enemy fire. Just gust them into a corner, and on the other side of the wall, res them all for only 4 pips of essence.

Also try gust the next time that you see someone near a tree of life. They won't be too happy that they cannot regain there health as you finish them off with a couple rounds of SMG.

~Warhero89~
Warhero89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:43 PM   #19
DiffuseBullet
 
DiffuseBullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 15

Io Haze oI's Gamercard
It takes alot of practice to get good with gust and to be fair i am useless with it. I somehow got the achievment without killing anyone


It is a handy spell. But now that most people arent playing as elf (just the matches i have been in). Humans using smoke = argh!!!

Last edited by DiffuseBullet; 06-21-2007 at 11:45 PM.
DiffuseBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 12:41 PM   #20
Stinkyf1re
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oxford, Mississippi
Posts: 1,153
Send a message via AIM to Stinkyf1re

St1nkyfire's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   UMK3 Tournament Winner!   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarfan38124 View Post
yea those arnt really supposed to mean much and the "sheild fire" means that you can hide behind your minion and the minion will take damage not you so like a human/minion shield like thing but my main point is that you just listed every good point of the spell and you can do that about all of them i just used summon as an example but see the main problem with me is that i dont have any room to put it in at the moment because i found my strategy that works dwarf with glider to get around better grenades because i play halo so much i am used to them and they help in a firefight and then res because everyone should have res so the problem is that most people are already not using it and i see your point is to get people to use it but i dont think many people will change much at all
That was biggest run-on sentence i've ever seen

No but seriously man, you fail.
Stinkyf1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 11:20 PM   #21
nascarfan38124
 
nascarfan38124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 287

NascarFan38124's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyf1re View Post
That was biggest run-on sentence i've ever seen

No but seriously man, you fail.
lol

what i am trying to say is that i agree with you, i just dont like your presentation. You can do that with all of them and you just pointed out stuff that almost everybody knows. It just needs to be more creative to get more people to actually pay attention to it and change their playing style (if that is what you are trying to do because that is what it basicly says in the title).

but what ever i guess it doesnt really matter

P.S. there i actually made sentences

P.P.S. dont ask me on what i mean by creative because i dont really know it just needs to be different but like i said whatever it doesent matter
__________________
I have 614 achievements with a total of 13985 points.

Working on
GHII - Expert
GHIII - Hard
Assassin's Creed - 1000

Compleate
Halo 3
Uno
Galaga
Gauntlet
Marble Blast
Crackdown
Oblivion
Shadowrun
DW: Gundam

lol very old ^^
nascarfan38124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 07:39 PM   #22
Tai_MT
 
Tai_MT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: United States, South Dakota
Posts: 988
Send a message via AIM to Tai_MT Send a message via MSN to Tai_MT

YouGotOwned12's Gamercard
There is, yet another WONDERFUL reason to buy Gust.

On a specific level... I forget which...

With cliffs... Huge beam in the middle... Lineage TAkes the artifact to a beam at the top... It has clouds you walk through...

Gust enemies off the edges of the map. Let them fall to their deaths!

Or even cooler!

Got corpses of enemies laying around that you don't want to be bothered shooting? Gust THOSE off the cliffs!

Keep in mind that Gusting Trolls off of edges is a lot harder... But it can be done.

In fact, you can also use Gust to clear Strangle. It's hard to hear for the enemy, and it only takes three or four casts to clear the strangle. And you don't have to use a Dwarf or gunfire! The enemy won't know you've cleared it, unless they're looking right at it!

Need another reason to buy Gust?

If you're falling from a large height... Cast it as your feet just as you're about to hit the ground. You won't take damage!

You can even use Gust to gain a little bit of extra height from a jump if you cast it at your feet... This really works for teleporting too! You'll teleport higher than you normally would using this tactic!

You can even Gust people off of ladders! Or out from under Trees of Life.

Feel free to even use Gust to get rid of weapons on the battlefield!

Everyone using Swords and Revives? Kill them, then gust their swords off of ledges or to places they wouldn't normally look for them. Then they have to spend 1K to get their weapon back next round! This also works well for the more expensive equipment like Sniper Rifles, Rocket Launchers, and Mini Guns.

Gust even works on Minions! Knock them away from you to keep 'em from hittin' ya!

Gust works on the dropped seeds of the Tree of Life as well!

See an enemy dropping a Tree of Life seed? Use Gust on it and the tree will sprout AWAY from them! Sometimes even in midair! Where it can't be used right away or at all!

Use Gust on Allies too!

If you've got a partner who can't jump up high enough to make a ledge with the Artifact? Surprise the heck out of the enemy by standing under your allies as a Dwarf and using Gust upwards at them while they jump! EXTRA BOOST IN HEIGHT!

Gust can be used nearly everywhere and in nearly every situation!

Try it out!
__________________



"It's worth remembering that all reviews are subjective personal opinions and if you personally enjoy the game, then they shouldn't get to you. Unless there's a dispicable nagging little doubt in the back of your mind that maybe you're not having as much fun as you've convinced yourself you're having. And won't go away no matter how many times you try to slap it away with weak excuses."
Tai_MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:12 PM   #23
fullblown
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 106
Send a message via MSN to fullblown

xGAxxInYoMouth's Gamercard
i agree gust is good advantage
fullblown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 09:26 PM   #24
Sil3nt360
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 270

Boss x3h's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   UMK3 Third Place
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
First thing I always get unless I use a Drawf then I get res.
Sil3nt360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 11:30 PM   #25
Mr Hey
 
Mr Hey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Redneck Country
Posts: 538

FatChicksSlayer's Gamercard
You are a Shadowrun God. Ive bought Gust about 4 times in my career and got about 2 kils with it. After reading this, I got it, and got 6 kills with gust in the first 3 rounds of the game! This is a great thread with great info, and this has gone from my least favorite spell to the first thing I buy every game! Theyre are limitless possibilities with this spell. Thanks so much bro, and you have also made me like the elf race (which I always hated), but I personally think Gust works best with the lil' elves. YEAH BROTHA
__________________
Hay, sup guyz, internets=serious business.
So far 100%: NBA Homecourt, NBA Live 07, TMNT, King Kong, Dead Rising, NBA 2K6, Fight Night Round 3, and GRAW 2

Mr Hey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 04:46 AM   #26
nascarfan38124
 
nascarfan38124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 287

NascarFan38124's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai_MT View Post
There is, yet another WONDERFUL reason to buy Gust.

On a specific level... I forget which...

With cliffs... Huge beam in the middle... Lineage TAkes the artifact to a beam at the top... It has clouds you walk through...

Gust enemies off the edges of the map. Let them fall to their deaths!

Or even cooler!

Got corpses of enemies laying around that you don't want to be bothered shooting? Gust THOSE off the cliffs!

Keep in mind that Gusting Trolls off of edges is a lot harder... But it can be done.

In fact, you can also use Gust to clear Strangle. It's hard to hear for the enemy, and it only takes three or four casts to clear the strangle. And you don't have to use a Dwarf or gunfire! The enemy won't know you've cleared it, unless they're looking right at it!

Need another reason to buy Gust?

If you're falling from a large height... Cast it as your feet just as you're about to hit the ground. You won't take damage!

You can even use Gust to gain a little bit of extra height from a jump if you cast it at your feet... This really works for teleporting too! You'll teleport higher than you normally would using this tactic!

You can even Gust people off of ladders! Or out from under Trees of Life.

Feel free to even use Gust to get rid of weapons on the battlefield!

Everyone using Swords and Revives? Kill them, then gust their swords off of ledges or to places they wouldn't normally look for them. Then they have to spend 1K to get their weapon back next round! This also works well for the more expensive equipment like Sniper Rifles, Rocket Launchers, and Mini Guns.

Gust even works on Minions! Knock them away from you to keep 'em from hittin' ya!

Gust works on the dropped seeds of the Tree of Life as well!

See an enemy dropping a Tree of Life seed? Use Gust on it and the tree will sprout AWAY from them! Sometimes even in midair! Where it can't be used right away or at all!

Use Gust on Allies too!

If you've got a partner who can't jump up high enough to make a ledge with the Artifact? Surprise the heck out of the enemy by standing under your allies as a Dwarf and using Gust upwards at them while they jump! EXTRA BOOST IN HEIGHT!

Gust can be used nearly everywhere and in nearly every situation!

Try it out!
see i like how he said it i guess what i mean is that he got my attention and kept it when i read yours i was kinda board maybe it was the list i dont know but that is what i was tring to say that if you are trying to convice (like i assume you are) than this is a better presentation then yours

P.S. i was actually using gust earlier today but i didnt kill anybody though
__________________
I have 614 achievements with a total of 13985 points.

Working on
GHII - Expert
GHIII - Hard
Assassin's Creed - 1000

Compleate
Halo 3
Uno
Galaga
Gauntlet
Marble Blast
Crackdown
Oblivion
Shadowrun
DW: Gundam

lol very old ^^
nascarfan38124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:01 PM   #27
Tai_MT
 
Tai_MT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: United States, South Dakota
Posts: 988
Send a message via AIM to Tai_MT Send a message via MSN to Tai_MT

YouGotOwned12's Gamercard
If my writing or my list presentation seems better than his...

It's only because I write for a hobby. I have several stories that I hope to finish and publish soon. You know, turn them into actual books that people can buy and I can get rich off of, so I can afford more three sixty games. Ha ha.

I thought his list was good, it just lacked a little... Street Smarts section. You know, stuff that not everyone would know about unless they'd been playing around with Gust a lot.
__________________



"It's worth remembering that all reviews are subjective personal opinions and if you personally enjoy the game, then they shouldn't get to you. Unless there's a dispicable nagging little doubt in the back of your mind that maybe you're not having as much fun as you've convinced yourself you're having. And won't go away no matter how many times you try to slap it away with weak excuses."
Tai_MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:59 PM   #28
Tai_MT
 
Tai_MT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: United States, South Dakota
Posts: 988
Send a message via AIM to Tai_MT Send a message via MSN to Tai_MT

YouGotOwned12's Gamercard
I assumed gust did work on allies, since I've gotten a few "betrayed" kills with it. They were smoked at the time, so I wonder if that makes a difference?

And I have had one of my allies gust me off of a cliff before.

Perhaps I was mistaken?

Or perhaps it was fixed since I last played it?

I did learn something in this thread though. I didn't know you could use Gust on incoming Rockets. That will definately come in handy later!
__________________



"It's worth remembering that all reviews are subjective personal opinions and if you personally enjoy the game, then they shouldn't get to you. Unless there's a dispicable nagging little doubt in the back of your mind that maybe you're not having as much fun as you've convinced yourself you're having. And won't go away no matter how many times you try to slap it away with weak excuses."
Tai_MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:34 AM   #29
nascarfan38124
 
nascarfan38124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 287

NascarFan38124's Gamercard
im sorry that you didnt like my comments i was trying to help you help people i know i probably said it wrong and i am sorry but i am going to drop it now


i am almost positive that you can gust allies because i was screwing around in a boosting party today and i already had the achievements i was just helping them and i was gusting all the people huddled in the corner and some of them flew at least as high as a jump into the air and they all got mad at me because it hurt them
__________________
I have 614 achievements with a total of 13985 points.

Working on
GHII - Expert
GHIII - Hard
Assassin's Creed - 1000

Compleate
Halo 3
Uno
Galaga
Gauntlet
Marble Blast
Crackdown
Oblivion
Shadowrun
DW: Gundam

lol very old ^^
nascarfan38124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:06 AM   #30
HotScott92
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Somewhere in hell
Posts: 141

HotScott92's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hey View Post
You are a Shadowrun God. Ive bought Gust about 4 times in my career and got about 2 kils with it. After reading this, I got it, and got 6 kills with gust in the first 3 rounds of the game! This is a great thread with great info, and this has gone from my least favorite spell to the first thing I buy every game! Theyre are limitless possibilities with this spell. Thanks so much bro, and you have also made me like the elf race (which I always hated), but I personally think Gust works best with the lil' elves. YEAH BROTHA
Ahhh....blashphemy at its finest!Just kidding! But anyways, I always used gust, not sure if its good or bad that everyone has learned of its ''heavenly'' powers.
HotScott92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:10 AM.