PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-12-2011, 05:42 PM   #1
smellypotatoes

T0M DAH BOMB's Gamercard
battlefield 3 = bad company 3?

i was wondering if battlefield 3 thats coming out is bad company 3, because at the end of bc2 the russians are coming in through alaska so there is going to be another one, or is battlefield 3 just a different game with a similar name?

best sniper in all of bad company :P
Gol quickscope, sv98 everything else

reset 6th prestige black ops. GF treyarch!

http://g.bfbcs.com/20894/360_T0M%20DAH%20BOMB.png

smellypotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:47 PM   #2
X monkfish69 X

Bumstink69's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellypotatoes View Post
i was wondering if battlefield 3 thats coming out is bad company 3, because at the end of bc2 the russians are coming in through alaska so there is going to be another one, or is battlefield 3 just a different game with a similar name?
I believe that this will be a different game, so new story and new characters (possibly). This is actually the sequel to Battlefield 2 (which was PC/Mac only) and never made the light of day on the consoles. Battlefield: Modern Combat was not another entry in the series in the sense of a sequel...

The singleplayer component to Battlefield 2 was pretty weak as it was just literally team based matches against Bots. So hopefully Battlefield 3 will have a much better singleplayer campaign.

I'm also holding out high hopes for Bad Company 3 though. They need to flesh out another story for the 4 lads, and seeing as how well the BC2 sold, I can't see them NOT doing another game
Old 02-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #3
smellypotatoes

T0M DAH BOMB's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by X monkfish69 X View Post
I'm also holding out high hopes for Bad Company 3 though. They need to flesh out another story for the 4 lads, and seeing as how well the BC2 sold, I can't see them NOT doing another game
yeah they left the end wide open with russia coming through alaska, and im hoping it will be epic too because bc2 kicked ass !!

best sniper in all of bad company :P
Gol quickscope, sv98 everything else

reset 6th prestige black ops. GF treyarch!

http://g.bfbcs.com/20894/360_T0M%20DAH%20BOMB.png

smellypotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:01 PM   #4
X monkfish69 X

Bumstink69's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
It most certainly did kick ass It's one of the best shooter games for the 360 IMO, if not one of the best games full stop.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:08 PM   #5
Harry Lloyd

THU31's Gamercard
Unfortunately they've confirmed a completely new story, but hopefully it'll be on par with Bad Company.

However, what they're saying about some missions sounds impressive.

My only concern is how big a cutdown the X360 version will be. PC version is the primary one, with brand new technologies, so it might be wise to invest in some new hardware.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:13 PM   #6
stuhp

Bravokado's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by X monkfish69 X View Post
It's not that they need to flesh out another story for the Bad Company series. Rather, they need to completely forget they made Bad Company 2's story (you can't call it a proper sequel in any way, shape, or form), and go back to where Bad Company 1 really left off - with an AWOL squad driving a hijacked truck full of gold, and a pissed off leader of the Legionnaire mercenaries and his wrecked heli. Work with that for Bad Company 3, and the larger group of people will be far more appreciative of the single player experience.

EDIT: Of course, Battlefield 3 is not Bad Company 3, so this is all besides the point.

I'm not random: you just have a hard time predicting my next move.

"It may be that the only fit teachers never teach but are artists, and artists of the kind most blankly masked and least didactic." ~ James Agee, Let Us Now Praise Famous Men

Last edited by stuhp; 02-12-2011 at 08:48 PM.
stuhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:16 PM   #7
Schism

Schism Octopus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Its a sequel to Battlefield 2. not Bad company. Im glad its not bad company..i hated the story mode for those games. The humor..the story..idk it just didnt do anything for me. lol the online for bad company 2 was badass. played it alot but after my friends sold it i just sold it to. no one to play with so yeah. I dont remember the singleplayer on bf2 being to great...havent played it in a LONG time.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:35 PM   #8
RobotHacker

robothacker's Gamercard
The single player for Bad Company 2 was pretty weak tbh, but it's the multiplayer that's made it so successful.

I played Battlefield 2 on PC many years ago along with add on Special Ops and it was excellent.
RobotHacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:13 AM   #9
MediumMelanin

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

A Small Breeze's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
No, Battlefield 3 is NOT Battlefield Bad Company 3, get it right, people! SMFH! >.>!

Why would they just drop "Bad Company" in the title?! Obviously it's Battlefield 2's sequel.

pixels

Last edited by MediumMelanin; 02-13-2011 at 01:17 AM.
MediumMelanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:53 PM   #10
exo-apollo

exo apollo's Gamercard

To be honest I give no craps about Bad Company 2s story and I would be more than happy if Battlefield 3 didn't even have a single player component. Take the series back to where it began with 1942 and BF2 (the two greatest games in the series) and focus solely on the multiplayer.

Last.fm
Soundcloud

"If I became a philosopher, if I have so keenly sought this fame for which I'm still waiting, it's all been to seduce women basically." - Jean-Paul Sartre
exo-apollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:56 PM   #11
SacredGamer

Battlefield 3 will be nothing like BC2 thankfully.

Quite frankly If they were to make a BC3, I hope they go back to BC1 and Base MP of that.
Way too many changes for the worst in Multiplayer, like the downscaling of maps to linear maps and so on.

Bring on BF3's great Multiplayer.
SacredGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:55 AM   #12
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I just hope they fix the incredibly bad knifing and bullet detection. I empty a whole clip into an enemy without them going down. pretty crappy.

other than that, it's very addictive. I love the MP maps (especially the retro Harvest Day and Oasis). hope Battlefield keeps the destruction and large maps but makes a better/longer campaign story.

tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:35 PM   #13
Cooljoe

Bear5 Fan 4Ever's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Can someone please elaborate the difference between bad company and just battlefield? I never played the old games. Is it the same gameplay? Graphics? I am just a little woried that Battlefield 3 will be so different and change the formula of Bad Co 2. Bad Co. 2 is so perfect I don't want much to get changed.
Cooljoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:21 PM   #14
Lithium Wisdom

Send a message via AIM to Lithium Wisdom Send a message via Skype™ to Lithium Wisdom

Lithium Wisdom's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuhp View Post
Rather, they need to completely forget they made Bad Company 2's story (you can't call it a proper sequel in any way, shape, or form)
I liked the Bad Company stories. They were fun and interesting, and that's something different to offer gamers these days. I hated Call of Duty because of its terrible, cookie-cutter story lines; Bad Company 1 & 2 kept you on your toes.

I think that once they get Battlefield 3 out, they might consider a Bad Company 3. With that new engine as well as working through the kinks of adding features like being able to go prone, Bad Company 3 would be a hell of a game.

Also, they admitted that they weren't really used to creating single player stories and that the Bad Company series and Battlefield 3 were opportunities for them to practice solid single player construction. After getting their story-writing abilities down, I think they could benefit from a third, extremely well-written Bad Company.

Lithium Wisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:40 PM   #15
soulriver

SoulRiver25's Gamercard
i hope it will come out this year, and that they don`t postpone it
soulriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:52 PM   #16
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediumMelanin View Post
No, Battlefield 3 is NOT Battlefield Bad Company 3, get it right, people! SMFH! >.>!

Why would they just drop "Bad Company" in the title?! Obviously it's Battlefield 2's sequel.
I know, i really hate it when people say it's Bad Company 3 -.-

Either way it will be badass.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:49 AM   #17
TTD187

TTD187's Gamercard
Well, you'll never guess what! The stores think it's Bad Company 3 :S I corrected them on this but I don't think they believed me, fucking inbreds

To all of you but Battlefield 3: F*** off!
TTD187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:04 PM   #18
stuhp

Bravokado's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Wisdom View Post
Also, they admitted that they weren't really used to creating single player stories and that the Bad Company series and Battlefield 3 were opportunities for them to practice solid single player construction. After getting their story-writing abilities down, I think they could benefit from a third, extremely well-written Bad Company.
Whether their stories were sub-par or not (I thought the first was fine for what it's worth), the fact of the matter is DICE didn't stick to its guns. BC2's single player story was a real farcry from BC1's - so much that the change of venue justified it as being its own title. It was like it took place in a different dimension.

This isn't to say that I didn't appreciate BC2's story, though. No, I enjoyed it. I'm just saying I can't fully appreciate it as a Bad Company story. Were it a different title, and a different squad, it would help to make a little more sense of things.

In other words, if DICE were to learn a lesson from creating BC2's story, it's that you can't take your characters and throw them around all willy nilly - putting them in completely different situations and settings each time around. Unless the story actually calls for it, it's both unnecessary and unhealthy for the characters, since neither can their interactions within the story build nor can the audience's respect for them build.

I'm not random: you just have a hard time predicting my next move.

"It may be that the only fit teachers never teach but are artists, and artists of the kind most blankly masked and least didactic." ~ James Agee, Let Us Now Praise Famous Men
stuhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:01 PM   #19
OceanH

Ocean H's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellypotatoes View Post
I'm surprised many of you don't even know this is a sequel to BF2 and are confused if it's a sequel to BFBC2. It's been in the gaming news fairly frequently. It was announced during MoH (2010)'s development. And it's coming on all 3 platforms.

/facepalm

xbox360achievements.org News Archive:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...E-Founder.html
Old 02-25-2011, 11:19 PM   #20
13ip0lar

Zweipolig's Gamercard

Posted a BF3 teaser trailer, official from EA, check it out ^^

I hate people... But don't worry, if you are reading this it likely means I don't hate you. Why? People can't read.

13ip0lar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:37 AM   #21
Hiryu

Send a message via ICQ to Hiryu
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ip0lar View Post
Posted a BF3 teaser trailer, official from EA, check it out ^^
i love ittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.

Hiryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:50 AM   #22
Mother Beef

Mother Beef's Gamercard
I rather the play style of the Battlefields outside of Bad Company, i dislike the whole destructive base thing to a point. Like i love it as a gimick, but its like unavoidable now especially since its in BF3. Idk this might just be me, i hate being killed by a tank that randomly shoots a wall :/

Mother Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:10 PM   #23
GOMEZ X13

Gomez X13's Gamercard
im fairly new to battlefield, i bought BC2 last year and i still play it today, definitely the best shooter iv'e played. i believe battlefield 3 is a 'new' game, does anyone know if the multiplayer is the same as BC2? as in rush mode and huge maps etc?
GOMEZ X13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:15 PM   #24
Harry Lloyd

THU31's Gamercard
Just keep in mind one thing - all you're seeing is PC footage, which is the primary version this time.

It's not possible for the console versions to look this good, but there's no info on what exactly the difference will be, except for the amount of players in multiplayer (64 vs. 24).
Old 03-11-2011, 01:19 AM   #25
Wackywon

Send a message via ICQ to Wackywon

wackywon15's Gamercard
Ya, im 16 years old and ive been playing the Battlefield series since 1942! haha, played 1942, vietnam, bf2, bf2142, bad company, bc2...... and I love the fact that they are making a new legit Battlefield! haha, definitely better be back to roots with awesome multiplayer. I would buy it without Single Player, thats how high my hopes are lol....
Wackywon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:36 PM   #26
Harry Lloyd

THU31's Gamercard
So you started playing when you were still in diapers?
Old 03-13-2011, 08:58 PM   #27
spunyun

x Spunyun's Gamercard
Battlefield 3 should be 10x better than BC2 or I'm just going to give up on EA's FPS games altogether.