PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Arcania: Gothic 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-05-2011, 07:56 AM   #1
Asturgis
Gundam Meister

Asturgis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Platinum   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Best character for Gothic difficulty ?

For those who have finished the game, I suppose you get the best gear by crafting but the guide doesn't give stats for those items. So what type of character should I use, which is the best sword, the best shield, the best equipment in the game ?
Old 01-05-2011, 02:16 PM   #2
roachtbp

Roachtbp's Gamercard
You should make a melee, tank-like character, but he does need to learn lightning. Lightning stuns the enemies temporarily, but magic does so little damage on the Gothic difficulty that it is a pain to try to kill enemies using it - you will run out of mana long before an enemy dies, have to run in circles while your mana recharges, then cast one spell to do pathetic damages, then run in circles again, cast one spell again, repeat ad infinite... It takes forever to kill enemies on the Gothic difficulty because magic is so weak, and when they attack in packs it is a serious pain.

The solution is to use lightning to stun enemies, and then switch to your melee weapon and attack, then switch back to lightning to stun again, repeat... Melee does WAY more damage than magic.

Magic damage =

Melee damage =
roachtbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:58 PM   #3
RyanLightblade

RyanLightblade's Gamercard
roachtbp has the right strategy. However, I preferred the Fire magic. Once you get the fire magic to full strength, you'll be surprised at how easily you can wipe out mobs that stay in the 2 full inferno spells you'll be able to cast.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:02 PM   #4
Asturgis
Gundam Meister

Asturgis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Platinum   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
OK guys, what about weapons and armor ?
Old 01-06-2011, 02:32 PM   #5
roachtbp

Roachtbp's Gamercard
One thing I forgot to mention about lightning is that late in the lightning skill tree you get an AMAZING ability called Slay. What Slay does is this: if an enemy has less than 33% health and you shoot them with lightning, it is an INSTANT KILL. Yep, that's right. If they have less than 33% health they are one shot with a lightning spell. This doesn't work on bosses and some very powerful creatures though.

To get them to under 33% health I would do the strategy outlined above: stun with lightning, attack with melee weapons, repeat until under 33% health. Then one shot kill with lightning.

As for weapons and armor, you find tons of loot. Just stop occasionally to see what you have. I changed my weapon/armor constantly and don't remember any specific weapons or armor that was especially amazing. You find good (and useless) loot everywhere.
roachtbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:37 PM   #6
Pyrochaos

AOS Pyrochaos's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Jesus this game is hard/frustrating on this difficultly. I don't have a problem 1v1, or even 1v2. But 3v1 or 6+v1 just sucks. I have to glitch (hurt them, run away till they turn around, repeat or go up in a tree or rock) to beat most of them when they are in large groups.

Pyrochaos is offline   Reply With Quote