Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-17-2012, 03:47 PM   #1
Ehrenfried

Ehrenfried's Gamercard
Black Mesa Source @ XBLA?

I'm currently playing it @ my laptop, and i would wish they would bring it on xbox live arcade, i would pay 1600MSP.

Anyone with me?
Ehrenfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:54 PM   #2
combustible lemon

unsnaggedfive3's Gamercard
I would love it but it ain't gonna happen. BMS is just a free mod coded for the PC, not an official remake so it wouldn't get onto XBLA and it cannot be sold for profit because the modders don't own the rights to Half Life.
combustible lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #3
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by combustible lemon View Post
I would love it but it ain't gonna happen. BMS is just a free mod coded for the PC, not an official remake so it wouldn't get onto XBLA and it cannot be sold for profit because the modders don't own the rights to Half Life.
Valve is Valve, they may just hire the mods who made it and license it. Someone else did all the hard work of updating a classic for them. Everyone wins

Well everyone on Steam would win first while PS3 and xbox owners had to wait for the QA and certification processes to trudge along.

Wouldn't be the first time they've done that. Counter Strike originated as a mod and Valve bought the rights after actually assisting with later beta development.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #4
Ehrenfried

Ehrenfried's Gamercard
If they see the success...their eyes will turn into $_$!
It would be a complete HL experience on the Xbox, except for BlueShift and the awesome Opposing Force.

And they ported Cold Stream and charged money for it, so...
Ehrenfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:04 PM   #5
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Doubt it would happen, though wouldn't bother me but would suck for anyone that doesn't have a ok PC having to buy it.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:24 AM   #6
TheSilvermaster

Well there really is no telling whether it's gonna happen or not but the second half of Black Mesa is being released midway through 2013. Also Blue Shift and Opposing Force at this time are being remade with updated graphics too Blue Shift will be called Guard Duty and Opposing Force will be called Operation Black Mesa. So why remake Half Life and its expansion packs end of this year or beginning of next year? (with the exception of Decay have a feeling that won't be remade). My guess is they plan to buy the rights to these 3 different Mods license them under Valve's name. Then sell them in the stores probably 2014 at the earliest. They might release Black Mesa in its entirety along with Guard Duty and Operation Black Mesa along with the Xbox 720 & PS4 to stall time to develop Half Life 3. Or at some point on the next gen consoles they could release a kind of second Orange Box with Black Mesa, Guard Duty, Op. Black Mesa, Counterstrike Global Offensive, and Portal 2 maybe? Who knows but only time will tell
TheSilvermaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:51 PM   #7
Akuza

Akuza89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Isn't it a none official game...?

As in valve dont support it, but they don't mind it?

That'd be just silly if they released it, I mean I know that's what they did with counter strike.. But let's be honest, in this day and age of call of duty... It just wouldnt work..
YU-GI-OH Arc V
Cardfight!!! Vanguard G
Gundam Build Fighters Try

Old 12-24-2012, 07:46 PM   #8
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I'll be avoiding anything to do with Valve and/or their fan-made content for atleast the rest of this console generation. They have proven to me on countless occasions that they don't give a shit about console gamers - more specifically Xbox users - so I don't give a shit about them anymore.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:16 AM   #9
TheSilvermaster

Well it's true Valve does treat the PC community better than the console community. But I think there is more money in the console community for them because alot of the things they do on PC are free. If for no other reason it would make good business sense for them to put Black Mesa, Guard Duty, and Operation Black Mesa on consoles to get people exited about Half Life again. I mean let's be honest it's been 8 years since Half Life 2, 6 years since Episode 1, 5 years since Episode 2, and 4 Years since the Orange Box. If they really are going to be making Half Life 3 for next gen consoles they need to get people into the series again. Putting these three remakes on console is a good way to do it. Besides they could charge between 40-60 bucks for that and make millions or possible billions of dollars if they put it on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 Or next gen. But this is Valve they have proven many times they will put time and effort into PC titles and give them away for free for no profit so maybe good business doesn't really matter to them all that much.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:25 AM   #10
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - Second Place
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Valve is overrated, haven't made a good game since Opposing Force.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:50 AM   #11
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilvermaster View Post
Well it's true Valve does treat the PC community better than the console community. But I think there is more money in the console community for them because alot of the things they do on PC are free. If for no other reason it would make good business sense for them to put Black Mesa, Guard Duty, and Operation Black Mesa on consoles to get people exited about Half Life again. I mean let's be honest it's been 8 years since Half Life 2, 6 years since Episode 1, 5 years since Episode 2, and 4 Years since the Orange Box. If they really are going to be making Half Life 3 for next gen consoles they need to get people into the series again. Putting these three remakes on console is a good way to do it. Besides they could charge between 40-60 bucks for that and make millions or possible billions of dollars if they put it on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 Or next gen. But this is Valve they have proven many times they will put time and effort into PC titles and give them away for free for no profit so maybe good business doesn't really matter to them all that much.
Well in Valve's defense it's one thing to give content away for free or for very cheap on their own service because it doesn't cost them anything and they actually end up making money down the road. But for them to release anything on the Xbox they have to play by Microsoft's archaic rules and then it boils down to two sides who have very different philosophies never coming to a compromise and then having the gamers suffer for it, either financially or missing out altogether. Fuck 'em both.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:00 AM   #12
Akuza

Akuza89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
And what are you saying that these days people only want to play Call of Duty if that where the case some of the other HD remakes wouldn't have sold half as well like Crysis HD, Doom 3 BFG, and Halo CE Anniversary. Call of Duty isn't everything and it might be on top now but honestly their popularity is declining ever since the train wreck that was Modern Warfare 3. No I don't agree at all it would work the fact that so many people have downloaded Black Mesa on PC is evidence to the contrary.

Because if Call of Duty doesn't shape up soon then they are going down. Alot of new big next gen titles are coming. ID software is currently working on Doom 4 and have promised to resume the Quake series some time in the near future. Halo is back and bigger then ever. There is talk of Half Life resuming. the Killzone series is going to continue also. Bungie is working on a new FPS series called Destiny. Battlefield and Medal of Honor aren't going anywhere. Gears of War is continuing. naughty dog has promised to make Uncharted 4 happen some time. NO I think that Call of Duty's days are numbered with so much competition on the rise.
Sorry?

Call of duty going down?

The sales climb every single year.

And that's a fact.

I'm in no way saying that I wouldn't buy this game.

But 9 out 10 people will avoid it because it isn't a "run and gunner" and that's a fact.

Yes call of duty needs a big overhaul, but it will still get millions up on millions of people who will buy it, no matter how much people hate it, they still buy it as its the best community game right now, hence why it's been at number 1 in the top 20 played for ages upon ages
YU-GI-OH Arc V
Cardfight!!! Vanguard G
Gundam Build Fighters Try

Old 01-10-2013, 08:47 AM   #13
TheSilvermaster

I have some news regarding Black Mesa coming to the console audience. Well sort of, I just found this out lately but Valve stated on December 15th, 2012 that they are currently developing a console called The "Steam Box" which would basically be an console that would hook up to your TV and let you play any games you have downloaded on your steam account. You would still need a steam account, still need to download the games on Steam, and still have system requirements and space on your hard drive. But it sounds like you could play any and all downloaded games you have from Steam on this new console which if you have it on Steam would include Black Mesa. I am not saying that Black Mesa Source, and the hd remakes of its Expansion Packs: Guard Duty (Blue Shift Source), Operation Black Mesa (Opposing Force Source) and Hazard Team (Decay Source) won`t come to Playstation and Xbox consoles at a later date possible like a second orange box or if Valve signed off on the project & made it official (nothing they haven`t done before) and released the These four things in one box. But in the mean time or if that doesn`t happen this is a way to play Black Mesa on console.

Last edited by TheSilvermaster; 01-10-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:57 PM   #14
Opiate42

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Valve is overrated, haven't made a good game since Opposing Force.
I'll just pretend I didn't read that

Quote:
a console called The "Steam Box"
It's a pretty sweet concept, the maker actually has done literal load testing on it by driving a truck over it.

Pretty serious hardware.

"Hit it"
Old 01-10-2013, 07:07 PM   #15
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
It's a pretty sweet concept, the maker actually has done literal load testing on it by driving a truck over it.

Pretty serious hardware.
I saw that too. This is good news for all of us who drive cars over our consoles. It's always bothered me that the Xbox is so cheap and shitty that it can't withstand that.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:29 PM   #16
Opiate42

Opiate42's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
I saw that too. This is good news for all of us who drive cars over our consoles. It's always bothered me that the Xbox is so cheap and shitty that it can't withstand that.
Burning rubber in the living room while playing Half Life, I'm down with that.

"Hit it"
Old 01-10-2013, 07:50 PM   #17
The Rev Alk3

The Rev Alk3's Gamercard
I would totally buy it
The Rev Alk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #18
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
I'll be avoiding anything to do with Valve and/or their fan-made content for atleast the rest of this console generation. They have proven to me on countless occasions that they don't give a shit about console gamers - more specifically Xbox users - so I don't give a shit about them anymore.
^

I need to take this post out on a date and buy it some chocolates. My thoughts exactly.

Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:57 AM   #19
WOLFkraut

WOLFkraut's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
I'll just pretend I didn't read that

Pretty serious hardware.
lol, I kind of agree with Gackt. I see why a lot of people like their games, but Valve are seriously some lazy devs. The Source engine looks so bad and lacks so many features. Why the hell can't I ADS in Left 4 Dead!?!? Just... fix it! lol, I shouldn't really hate on them, but sometimes I just can't help it.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:55 AM   #20
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I DO! For one damn reason... my PC won't play it.

Every single time I try to launch it, I get this shit:

http://forums.blackmesasource.com/sh...ad.php?t=12671

Tried all this, doesn't work:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...9626-UOAC-4950

Worst part is, my PC is capable of running it fine. I mean what the hell. I waited all this time for it, super hyped. WON'T FUCKING PLAY.

/really
Old 01-11-2013, 03:58 AM   #21
Shiftie

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Diamond   2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
I thought they hated PS3 too? Did they kiss and make up? Either way I can't hate on Valve too much cause Steam is pretty awesome..too bad most of their games suck.

Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:03 AM   #22
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftie View Post
I thought they hated PS3 too? Did they kiss and make up? Either way I can't hate on Valve too much cause Steam is pretty awesome..too bad most of their games suck.
They joined up a little so yeah they kissed and made up.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:17 AM   #23
TheSilvermaster

I have another update regarding Black Mesa and The Steambox. Valve has confirmed The Steambox will be launching sometime this year 2013 and apparently the nature of the Steambox is not only to be a way to use Steam as a console but it will have the parts and performance of any computer being a small little cube that hooks into your TV. It will be upgradable meaning you can take it apart and tinker with it if you want, just like a computer, and just like a computer there will be several different models with varying features and prices. In regard to Black Mesa, currently only half of it is released the first 14 chapters of the game but in development are the remaining chapters and a Versus mode for the game. Also the two different developers who where working on Guard Duty (Blue Shift Source) and Operation Black Mesa (Opposing Force Source) have merged to become Tripmine Studios and are developing both mods at the same time so they will be finished faster. The Original Team that was working on Hazard Team (Decay Source) dropped the project sometime last year due to: creative differences, people leaving the team, unable to remake certain parts of the game, etc. etc. However the good news is a different dev team picked up the project and are currently developing the Decay expansion remake. Unfortunately much like Valve these fan-development teams rarely release project progress, and usually use the projected release dates of: "when it's done". So really we will have to wait for both the Steambox and these mods, but it's all said and done we will have the whole of the first Half Life and its expansions remade with modern graphics.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:41 AM   #24
WalterWhite

This is speculation at it's wildest. Talking about two unannounced games and then guessing one of those two is going to get bundled with the other? What?
Old 02-26-2013, 09:15 AM   #25
dirge

builder dirge's Gamercard

Quote:
In case you didn't pick up on this but this whole chatroom is about the speculation and possibility of Black Mesa coming to Xbox or other consoles. Consider the fact that next gen titles are on the rise and every major developer needs a big launch title also consider what has Valve been doing since the release of Left 4 Dead 2 Cold Stream and the newest Counterstrike game? And for the record Black Mesa was announced and released a long time ago. This is just a discussion about whether or not Black Mesa is a possibility in the Xbox's future... Besides considering the first thing you did when entering the chatroom was to belittle the Xbox 360's quality I highly doubt you came here with any intention other than trolling or starting arguments.
You now say this is speculation, yet in one of your first sentences you said 'Valve has confirmed the steambox' I'd leave now before you make an even bigger fool of yourself. I'd love for there to be a steam console or even Black Mesa on xbla, but I aint willing to make up lies and make myself look like a Rodney!

Gamerscore on 31/12/2010 77,080
Gamerscore on 31/12/2011 116,056
Gamerscore on 31/12/2012 153,371
Gamerscore on 31/12/2013 187,190
Gamerscore on 31/12/2014 248,873

#SaveShenmue
dirge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:59 AM   #26
TheSilvermaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirge View Post
You now say this is speculation, yet in one of your first sentences you said 'Valve has confirmed the steambox' I'd leave now before you make an even bigger fool of yourself. I'd love for there to be a steam console or even Black Mesa on xbla, but I aint willing to make up lies and make myself look like a Rodney!
Okay what I meant about speculation was just the one comment the other ones contained confirmed news straight from Valve. So yes the Steambox is coming, and most likely Black Mesa will be playable on it provided there isn`t some law against mods being on consoles if anybody knows about that please say so. And for the record my speculations I specifically said they where ``Possibilities`` not grantees or false promises. I am not here to rant, argue, or give people false hope, from now on I won`t post anything at all unless it is confirmed news from either Valve or a reliable source in the gaming news community.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:32 AM   #27
TheSilvermaster

Quote:
When did I say I didn't like the Xbox?
When did this become a chatroom?

You're making it easy to make you look stupid, don't blame me for that, blame your stupid self for making yourself look stupid. You're pissy because I don't believe Half Life 3 and your Black Mesa game is going to get bundled together and released the same day. I said Valve is terrible when it comes to supporting games for consoles, specifically for the 360. That's my opinion based on their shitty track record.

I'm done arguing with you though, it's silly. I'm just going to feel guilty tomorrow for making a twelve year old look like a fucking idiot if I keep going. Enjoy Half Life 3 and all the swag that will no doubt come bundled with it.

Okay maybe I did get a little carried away with my opinions and theories. But I never said any of them where carved in stone just possibilities. At any rate lets agree to disagree and movie on from this, fine from now on I won`t post anything in this chatroom or whatever you would prefer to call it unless its coming straight from Valve or a reliable source in the gaming news community.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:49 PM   #28
WalterWhite

Quote:
Okay maybe I did get a little carried away with my opinions and theories. But I never said any of them where carved in stone just possibilities. At any rate lets agree to disagree and movie on from this, fine from now on I won`t post anything in this chatroom or whatever you would prefer to call it unless its coming straight from Valve or a reliable source in the gaming news community.
Agreed. Also I'm not saying speculation isn't allowed, it's alot of fun. But you have to manage the expectations man, Half Life 3 in itself is but a myth at this point. Anyway, I went back and deleted my share of being a dick as well. Thanks for leaving me with a triple-post that looked like a nutjob arguing with himself!
Old 03-04-2013, 07:39 AM   #29
TheSilvermaster

Some Half Life related news

Okay if anybody is planning on playing Black Mesa on the Steambox. I would personally recommend a few things:

1. Get a Steam Account and download Black Mesa off the Black Mesa website, I have down this myself but I just can`t bring myself to play it on PC after being a console player for so long. But if you have it in your Steam Library it will show up when you access your account on the Steambox.

2. As I stated before the additional remakes Guard Duty (Blue Shift Source), Operation Black Mesa (Opposing Force Source) and Hazard Team (Decay Source) will be coming eventually to Steam Greenlight which within itself is just where something goes that might come to Steam later but Valve wants it to get enough votes first.

3. The important part of that is that when Guard Duty, Op. Black Mesa, and Hazard Team appear on Steam Greenlight if you have a Steam account you can vote for them to become available on regular Steam as free downloadable games. This was already done with Black Mesa however as of yet Black Mesa has received enough votes to become apart of Steam but is still not available for regular downloading on Steam I think the reason is because the people who made Black Mesa want to add the second half of Black Mesa (the rest of the campaign and versus) to it making it whole before putting it up for downloading.

4. Now when Black Mesa appeared on Steam Greenlight for the first time it was voted on and approved for regular Steam in a very short time so odds are you probably don`t have to vote but it really couldn`t hurt the effort to get the HD remakes of Half Life`s expansions on Steam, because in all truth you could download them off the developers website as many people did with Black Mesa it`s just easier to download it on Steam itself. I will keep my ear to the ground (so to speak) and if I here any details of the release of Black Mesa`s second Half or the release date`s of Guard Duty, Op. Black Mesa & Hazard Team I will post them as soon as possible. But in all seriousness this might be a while because even though Black Mesa did release on September 14th, 2012 it took them almost 9 years to complete it (part of the reason is at one point they where thinking of canceling the project but thankfully they didn`t). So who knows really these HD remakes of Half Life could be out this year, next year, two years from now, 5 years from now but I will post any and all news I get wind of. Also in the unlikely event Half Life 3 is announced I will post news on that but only confirmed official news not theories or speculation.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #30
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFkraut View Post
Why the hell can't I ADS in Left 4 Dead!?!
Take it from someone that used an ADS mod for shits and giggles, it's really not that useful.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote