PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-17-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
Himuton

Himuton's Gamercard
UAV is the way!!! (Demolith Man)

I have 15 demo kills so far and on 2 occasions the UAV yielded me 4 kills in a row with perfect safety. One time it was Conquest on White Pass and the other time it was Rush on White Pass too.

The C4 method worked not so well for me although it yielded me about the same number of demolition kills as the UAV does. Sometimes I die the same time as the detonation and the demo kills would not count, driving me nuts.

DICE must have been patching the houses all along too, making them more resistant to C4 damage.

I tried many ways to plant the C4 (by reading the posts and watching videos on YT) but I can now state that I takes more than 6 C4 with the refined explosive perk equipped to bring down a house. I think 10 C4 is required - 2 on each wall on the outside, and 2 more on the inner walls.

For people who have bad luck with the C4 method, grab a UAV.
---

Done. 21 Kills in total. The last 3 kills were quite epic. I blew the shit out of the house with the UAV but it got taken down by a sniper. Enraged, I rushed there myself, killing an enemy on the way but caught the attention of another.

While being tracked and the defenders was rushing to disarm the bomb (House B // Second Base // Arica Harbor), I fired a rocket at the last remaining wall just before my tracker killed me. The house collapsed and killed three enemies inside. Mission accomplished.
---

Suggested Perk for UAV: Sensor.
Tips: Avoid killing enemies but tag them because fallen players will seek revenge.

Suggested Maps:
Rush - White Pass <Base 1 A, Base 2 A B>, Arica Harbor <Base 1 A, Base 2 B>
Conquest - White Pass <Houses near Flag B>

A) Use text MSG. On Xbox.com, I can't open voice mails.

B) I speak poor English. Brace yourselves.

Last edited by Himuton; 02-20-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Himuton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:20 PM   #2
MediumMelanin

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

A Small Breeze's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It takes 7 C4s. One on each side (left and right on the corners), 2 on both sides (back and front), one on the top floor. You gotta know where to put 'em. It's easy to get Demo 2.0 kills. I have 42 kills without trying. I can't wait for:

DEMOLITION 3.0 kills!!!!

pixels
MediumMelanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:38 AM   #3
Kisushima

Kisushima's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediumMelanin View Post
It takes 7 C4s. One on each side (left and right on the corners), 2 on both sides (back and front), one on the top floor. You gotta know where to put 'em. It's easy to get Demo 2.0 kills. I have 42 kills without trying. I can't wait for:

DEMOLITION 3.0 kills!!!!
You kind Sir, are a sadist :P. I've given up intentionally getting this. I now just sneak the oppotunity whenever. The C4 method drove me nuts. I do occasionally try it when defending but still, it hates me :P.

I did find Mortar Striking with increased Explosive damage (which I think you can do..) wasn't so bad. Infact I think I got my only Destruction 2.0 kill that way. But I did hear killing your own guys counts; if so, SKORE. 3/20..

Kisushima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:03 AM   #4
Unterofficer

Unterofficer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisushima View Post
But I did hear killing your own guys counts; if so, SKORE. 3/20..
No they don't.

Also it takes only six C4 to blow up a house if you have the bigger explosions perk on. Two on the large sides close to corners an one on the short sides. I got the achievement with this method back in the days.

14 completed games. 7 retail, 7 arcade.
Unterofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:56 PM   #5
EscapedTheFate

EscapedTheFate's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unterofficer View Post
No they don't.

Also it takes only six C4 to blow up a house if you have the bigger explosions perk on. Two on the large sides close to corners an one on the short sides. I got the achievement with this method back in the days.
aanndd ive done it even with 4 or 5 in some buildings . . . . whoever said 7 is dumb

800-999 Games : 17
EscapedTheFate is offline   Reply With Quote