PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-21-2011, 06:43 AM   #1
TTD187

TTD187's Gamercard
Vietnam: Super lag, Super good or Super hack?

Wow, so I wanted to try for the secret achievement so played Hastings and tried very hard to play and win

I went through 3 or 4 games (I'm not sure, I was too angry), I lost every single one, why? Well, maybe I'm always put on the teams that aren't that good, I don't know.

I committed suicide twice in one game, once, I was running towards B in the final stage and just died, the other time, something had just before hand exploded (I was very far away though) and then I committed suicide then, what? how? I didn't jump from a distance or fire anything or throw a grenade or do anything for that matter. I have rubber banded, something I NEVER do in the normal BFBC2.

I get killed from stupid angles, from "quick scopers" and of course, the vehicles, some seem legit, but some, they're just stupid! My average K/D right now in BFBC2 would be between 0.90 to 1.50 or even higher if I'm lucky but in Vietnam, I'm lucky if I get passed 0.33.

Does anyone else feel like their are people hacking on this game, or are they super good? Or am I just experiencing major lag on Vietnam but not the core game?

Before people just say "you're bad, you suck" or something of the sort, please note, when I first played it, I wasn't very good, I had an average K/D in the normal game of around 0.7 (or even less) and around the same on there until everyone became VERY "good" so went back to the core game and started doing very good. I'd also like a serious answer, what you think it is, if you've played and found it too stupid, etc.

I appreciate your informative answers, thank you for replying.

To all of you but Battlefield 3: F*** off!
TTD187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:51 AM   #2
Young Lil Teezy

YoungFINNTeezy's Gamercard
The gameplay for vietnam is more similar to a call of duty game then BC2, so your playstyle may be a factor for you. The games definitely feel faster or that there's a lot more action, maybe because all the kits but recon only have iron sights, so the fighting is closer quarters. I would say either just keep playing until you get used to how the gameplay has changed or go back to vanilla .. I know I'll pretty much only play vanilla once I finish the achievements
Young Lil Teezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:28 PM   #3
Lithium Wisdom

Send a message via AIM to Lithium Wisdom Send a message via Skype™ to Lithium Wisdom

Lithium Wisdom's Gamercard
I'll agree with Young on his points, and that it feels more like CoD.

I die a lot in Vietnam. I think that this is because during the Vietnam War there was little to no body armor, which DICE probably factored into their algorithms, since the Battlefield series has a habit of being more realistic than other shooters. If you need further proof, see how long you last in the UH-60 when you're getting shot at by ground troops' weapons. I've blown one of those out of the sky with an Engineer's SMG. During the Vietnam War, the UH-60 had a lot less plating and armoring than our modern war birds do, and went down a lot easier than today's helicopters. It actually sort of makes me upset that Vanilla's birds barely take small arms damage...

Lithium Wisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:44 PM   #4
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
honestly I guess you aren't well familiarized with the maps. once you know every corner and sniping spots of the maps you will get a better K/D ratio because you can predict where enemies are hidding. give it some time and you will get used to 'nam maps.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:18 AM   #5
TTD187

TTD187's Gamercard
Thanks for the replies guys, it helps me a lot, I've only played Call of Duty once and that was the second FPS I ever played and it once like 5 or 10 minutes. But can someone explain the random suicides? That's VERY annoying.

To all of you but Battlefield 3: F*** off!
TTD187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:33 AM   #6
Hiryu

Send a message via ICQ to Hiryu
Faults in the Matrix !

Hiryu is offline   Reply With Quote