Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Bulletstorm
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-23-2011, 02:09 AM   #1
ODST Kayne

ODST Kayne's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Bulletstorm 2 (SPOILERS)

First off, if the title of the thread hasn't given it away, or maybe even common sense....
THERE WILL BE SPOILERS

Ok then to continue on, this is a thread meant to discuss the end of the game, more specifically the post-credits conversation you hear between General Sarrano and Ishi. I beat the game on Very Hard, so maybe this conversation doesn't happen on lower difficulties, but if you watch the credits the whole way through, you'll hear a conversation basically stating that Gen. Serrano is alive, and so is Ishi.....although he doesn't sounds very happy. This, coupled with the actual ending of the game between Trish and Gray means there will be a Bulletstorm 2, or at least they wanted to leave it open. Given the games success, I don't see why they wouldn't make a second one though. What did you guys think?

Time to start a new character 100
Reach Rank 5
ODST Kayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:12 AM   #2
Earpy

xII Earpy IIx's Gamercard
Epic have been clever with the ending. They know Gears is coming to a close so they are looking for a new IP to keep them going. I don't think Bulletstorm will have anywhere near the same success as Gears but they still need something to call their own (they can't live on Unreal Tournament forever).

Personally, I would love to see a second one. The thing about Bulletstorm is that it goes to the very core of what gaming should be - Fun. Other games, specifically FPS's have become so competitive (Yes Bungie & Treyarch/Infinity Ward, I'm looking at you) & 'elitest' that there just not fun anymore. The ending has left it open for them in case they wanted to make another one, and I can't see why they wouldn't.
Earpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:19 AM   #3
HomieG54

Send a message via MSN to HomieG54

Clearly Insane's Gamercard
I agree Earpy. The ending and this game alone was excellent and just, everything was great! I was thinking the same thing when the game ended and I made sure I paid attention to the conversation between the General and Ishi. I hope there is a second game. As soon as I got this in my hands, I played the campaign until I beat it and now I am trying out Anarchy and Echo. Back on topic, I really think this game will have much success and so would a sequel.
HomieG54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:41 AM   #4
watchmefly420

watchmefly420's Gamercard
im also hoping for a number two but i dont see how the story will work. The drop pods were on the planet from project anarchy, so i dont see how they could work that into the next one. I'm leaning towards a dlc story such as epic did with gears 2. Either way I think everyone wants more Bulletstorm.
watchmefly420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:41 AM   #5
Teh Phantomz

l The Phantom l's Gamercard
I actually hope that there will be a second one, I enjoyed this game...it was something different.
Teh Phantomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:01 PM   #6
Jellybean468

godsandm0nsters's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I think the end-game was made a bit too much of a cliffhanger. Sure, I'm all up for Bulletstorm 2, but it was a little too forced in my opinion.

Deus Ex Achievement Guide | xbox.com
Retail Completions: 38 | Arcade Completions: 15
Seriously 3.0: Total Onyx Medals - 24/65 | Level 86
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed III, Borderlands 2
Jellybean468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:19 PM   #7
Worhammer

Worhammer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean468 View Post
I think the end-game was made a bit too much of a cliffhanger. Sure, I'm all up for Bulletstorm 2, but it was a little too forced in my opinion.
No more forced than 90% of the movies out there.

"The average white man thinks about sex every six seconds, but he only thinks about sex with a black man once a year."
Worhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:03 AM   #8
The Betrayer142

The Betrayer142's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worhammer View Post
No more forced than 90% of the movies out there.
which is why 90% of the movies don't make a very high ranking of good movies. Still forced and not super-great, although the game was good.

OT I would love to see a bulletstorm 2 just because I want to see them improve this one. tbh I found that 131 skillshots wore off fast, and I KNOW how much work goes in to creating a game and the skillshots, etc. but I think there should be way more. I also think they should make the points system a little bit more incorporated. I just ended up flaring/thumping/drilling a bunch of enemies over and over and getting tons of points even on Very Hard.

I'd like to see more weapons, better facial/general animation and just general improvements. That being said it's a very fun game and quite interesting too

Thanks to Tubz for the great sig! (See his great artwork HERE)
Gears 2|\*/ on 7/23/2010|Damon Baird FTW

70,000 Achieved!: "Chop-Chopper"--Bulletstorm--3/5/11

Need to boost: Gears (PC and Xbox), Black Ops, Halo Wars, Rock Band 3, Army of Two, Halo: Reach,
The Betrayer142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:33 AM   #9
Blarghinator

Budda Kupp's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I personally thought the end of the game was great! One thing that I noticed is that they ended it letting us know that the story wasn't over and did anyone else pick up on something? I believe that if there is a Bulletstorm sequel, it will be cooperative- one player a Trish- one as Gray. Then again they may not make it cooperative, but there was a big demand of cooperative play, and, not to mention they can create a ton of more skillshots for the campaign.
--- just my thoughts.

Entered Alabama's Top Ten On June 26, 2012
Passed Number 9 on July 1, 2012
Passed Number 8 on July 13, 2012
Passed Number 7 on August 8, 2012
Passed Number 6 on September 29, 2012
You're next DefEdge
Blarghinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:10 AM   #10
ace2ey

Ace2ey's Gamercard
I'd love to see a bulletstorm 2, though maybe with co-op campaign (like gears had) anarchy's fun but if you could play gray/trish(or ishi/sarrano) or some other mix I would be a fan. Also, curious to see how much DLC they are planning with one already announced I'm wondering where in the story line they'll fill

40k broke 2/19/10
60k - 10/10/10
ace2ey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:33 PM   #11
Shiny Pidgey

Send a message via MSN to Shiny Pidgey

Shiny Pidgey's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earpy View Post
Epic have been clever with the ending. They know Gears is coming to a close so they are looking for a new IP to keep them going. I don't think Bulletstorm will have anywhere near the same success as Gears but they still need something to call their own (they can't live on Unreal Tournament forever).
Bulletstorm was produced by People Can Fly, not Epic. Epic published the game, that's it. They otherwise didn't have much, if anything, to do with the game's production. They can hardly call it "their own".

Shiny Pidgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:42 PM   #12
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Pidgey View Post
Bulletstorm was produced by People Can Fly, not Epic. Epic published the game, that's it. They otherwise didn't have much, if anything, to do with the game's production. They can hardly call it "their own".
Epic Games owns People Can Fly
Old 03-09-2011, 07:52 PM   #13
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Either way, there is going to be Bulletstorm 2: Shitstorm, or something.

Oh yah, walk away and have a heart to heart with Trishka while your arch nemesis is still breathing...like leaving James Bond alone over a devious mechanism of certain death but with all his gadgets. You just know he's going to live LOL!!! Just put a bullet or five in his head already.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:54 PM   #14
aDisabledRabbit

aDisabledRabbit's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Either way, there is going to be Bulletstorm 2: Shitstorm, or something.

Oh yah, walk away and have a heart to heart with Trishka while your arch nemesis is still breathing...like leaving James Bond alone over a devious mechanism of certain death but with all his gadgets. You just know he's going to live LOL!!! Just put a bullet or five in his head already.
LOL. Too true. And the "God is dead" bit...they can't possibly leave Bulletstorm there. I'd rage if they did.

Blub Blub Blub.
aDisabledRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:52 PM   #15
isidoro96

Isidoro96's Gamercard
To tell u the true i think that due to the time period of this game that gears of war 3 will surprise up by bringing characters from bulletstorm into gears of war 3.
isidoro96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:15 PM   #16
PyroWolf13

DethMetalSavior's Gamercard
There will be another one, and there will be blood.
PyroWolf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:19 PM   #17
PyroWolf13

Does anyone else think they might come out with a Bulletstorm Movie? cuz that would kick some major ass.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:22 PM   #18
PyroWolf13

Also, Bulletstorm characters being in Gears of War would also kick some major fuckin ass
Old 09-14-2011, 03:08 AM   #19
mak3 a mark

Mak3 a mark's Gamercard
hope they do bring out bulletstorm 2 seems like it'll be more of a robot thing tho as in the end credits ishi complains about him looking better than he does, only time will tell lets wait and see what happens

mak3 a mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:13 AM   #20
JadedKitty

JadedKittyK's Gamercard
any ideas on when bulletstorm 2 will come out?

(sorry to ask if this was already answered)
JadedKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:05 AM   #21
Biston

bistro67's Gamercard
I thouroughly enjoyed the original so a 2nd would go down quite well
Biston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:06 AM   #22
hawknation

hawknation's Gamercard
Bulletstorm was awesome! Would love to see a second one.
hawknation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:24 AM   #23
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earpy View Post

Not even close BTW. Gears isnt going anywhere bet on it
Old 10-20-2011, 08:49 PM   #24
THC BLUNTED

THC BLUNTED's Gamercard
Being this is an Epic game I would only expect them to outdo themselves with a sequel. So I am guessing it will be 2-3 years before we see another Bulletstorm but it will be even better than the first. I really liked bulletstorm, I am expecting great things from the second.
THC BLUNTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:12 AM   #25
oblivian

MY OBLIVIAN's Gamercard
am hoping that there will be a bulletstorm 2, and if they do have it with a co-op campaign same as gears, would be a seller for me.
oblivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:41 AM   #26
KobK Infinity

KobK Infinity's Gamercard
Thumbs down Honesty

Honesty i didnt this
Bulletstorm 1 was a complete failure and they shouldnt be making another one.
KobK Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:19 PM   #27
Iceice3030

Iceice3030's Gamercard
Loved the game, cant wait.

Perfectly paced game, never felt 'bored' or hung up, or grinding out anything.

The dialog and comedy were great, bosses fun, even dying was a blast.

Nice breath of fresh air and change of pace, bring on the sequel!
Iceice3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #28
ademlakey

blue hanzo's Gamercard
I think that now epic has finished with the gears series for now, they would have more time to improve bulletstorm 2 if they decided to do another one. I just bought it again on steam after finishing it on xbox.
ademlakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:02 PM   #29
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
PCF needs to make a new Painkiller IMO. They should think about that.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:00 PM   #30
Kyoujin

kyoujiin's Gamercard
Man, I'm really sad Bulletstorm 2 was officially canceled.

I actually didn't like Bulletstorm when I first played it on the 360 when it came out. But a month ago I got it for PC, and after playing it for awhile, I really enjoyed it. The ending of the game really didn't feel like an ending, and the story wasn't AMAZING or anything.. but I honestly had a lot of fun with this game after I got into it.

I really hope that somehow they change their mind and they start developing Bulletstorm 2 again, but I sadly have a feeling that won't happen.

(Haven't updated my completion list in awhile, will do so soon!)

100% Retail: Alone in the Dark, Avatar, Call of Duty 4, CSI: Hard Evidence, Fallout 3 (1200), Halo 3 (1475), Left 4 Dead, Lost: Via Domus, NFS: Most Wanted, Quantum of Solace, Resident Evil 5, Sonic's UGC, Test Drive: Unlimited

100% Arcade: Duke Nukem 3D, Penny Arcade Episode 1, Penny Arcade Episode 2, Shadow Assault/Tenchu, The Maw

Kyoujin is offline   Reply With Quote