PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows Phone Games (WP7 and WP8) > Strategy > Zombie Attack 2: Second Wave
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-19-2011, 11:45 PM   #1
Avenged Remains

Avenged Remains's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Feel free to use this guide elsewhere but credit me where appropriate

Road Map:

Overview:
- Estimated achievement difficulty: 4/10
- Offline: 20 (200)
- Online: 0
- Approximate amount of time to 200: 5-15 hours
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: Numerous
- Number of missable achievements: 0
- Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No cheat codes
- Does difficulty affect achievements?: No
- Glitchy achievements: None
- Unobtainable achievements: None
- Extra equipment needed?: None

Zombie Attack 2 is a tower defence game for Windows Phone 7. There are only four different maps to play on but 20 challenges with certain changes that generally make the game more difficult. However only 12 need to be completed for achievements and by following the strategies below these can be fairly easy to beat.

Introduction:
In the game there are 7 different turrets and 6 different zombies, all with their own strengths and weaknesses. Check out ‘How To Play’ under the Options menu to find out what they are. Eight of the achievements require you to play Survival mode, whereas the other 12 require a particular score or grade on a certain challenge. There is a glitch posted by ‘Fastman309’ that happens when you lock the phone while in-game. This causes all special zombies to either disappear or become regular Brute zombies on continuing and thus can make the challenges easier. On the other hand it also means that your weapon does not get upgraded and therefore is not suitable whilst trying to get the achievements in Survival mode. You have unlimited lives in both modes with only your respawn time being affected by a death. The game only ends when the Shack is completely destroyed.

Abbreviated Walkthrough:

1) First of all you must play one of the four maps in Survival mode up until you reach level 50. By doing this you will unlock the shotgun and have killed over 200 zombies. You should have also killed at least one of each of the 5 special zombies for those specific achievements, but if not you can start a new game on a different map and whichever zombie you need should appear fairly quickly. If you’re struggling to get to level 50 you could use one of the methods outlined in the Challenge Strategy Thread on the relevant map. Finishing this step will net you eight of the achievements.

2) Next up are the challenges. They vary in difficulty and each one has different changes so it’s a good idea to read the description to know what you’re up against and what to prepare for. The achievement names are the same as the challenges, so check those to know which 12 to complete and read the achievement description for the particular score you need to exceed to earn the relevant grade. Again, refer to the Challenge Strategy Thread for methods that others have used to pass each challenge.

Conclusion:
After completing these two steps you will have the full 200, but if you are somehow still missing an achievement at this point refer to its description for a better insight.

Credit goes to Creech and CheshireMulisha for their help on the Challenge Strategies.

Achievement Guide:

Not so fast - 10
Kill a Skinny for the first time in Survival mode

A Skinny is, as the name suggests, a skinny, green and very agile zombie. It will be one of the first special zombies that you encounter and is pretty weak. You must kill one in Survival mode for this achievement.

Grounded - 10
Kill a Winged Horror for the first time in Survivor mode

A Winged Horror is a flying version of the Skinny and the only aerial zombie in the game. It is very common on the Ruined Bridge map. You must kill one in Survival mode for this achievement.

Undead Team Spirit - 10
Kill a Cheerleader for the first time in Survivor mode

A Cheerleader is a pink, female zombie, already decapitated and carrying its head to use as a projectile. It is somewhat common on the Trailer Park and Backyard maps. You must kill one in Survival mode for this achievement.

There Goes the Hounds - 10
Kill a Hound for the first time in Survivor mode

A Hound is a small yet nimble ‘dog-like’ zombie that tends to target the survivor. It is very common on the Graveyard map and somewhat common on the Trailer Park and Backyard maps. You must kill one in Survival mode for this achievement.

The Fat Zombie Sings - 10
Kill a Flesh Beast for the first time in Survivor mode

A Flesh Beast is the most uncommon special zombie and moves very slowly. It is extremely fat and very powerful. You must kill one in Survival mode for this achievement.

Zombie Slaughter - 10
Kill 100 Zombies in one game in Survivor mode

See “Zombie Massacre”.

Zombie Massacre - 10
Kill 200 Zombies in one game in Survivor mode

You must kill 200 zombies in a single game of Survival mode, i.e. before your shack is destroyed. You will get this and “Zombie Slaughter” whilst trying to reach level 50 for “This is my boomstick!”.

This is my boomstick! - 10
Earn the shotgun for the first time in Survivor mode

Each new 'wave' of zombies is classed as a level. This means that they get more powerful as the numbers above their heads increase, but also that you earn more money and points (the same amount as the level of the zombie you kill). At certain levels your weapon will be upgraded to become more powerful or have better range. You must reach level 50 to earn the shotgun and do it in Survival mode for this achievement.

Last edited by Avenged Remains; 07-22-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Avenged Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:49 PM   #2
Avenged Remains

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Aerial Assault - 10
Earn a grade of 'A' or higher on the 'Aerial Assault' Challenge.

To earn an A grade on this challenge you must reach a score of at least 16,000 points.
Details: No special zombies other than Winged Horrors spawn and they appear every 3 zombies instead of 5.

Method:
One thing to note about this layout is that you have to be very careful with your positioning of turrets as you will need to maximise the available space to fit everything in as described. Always stand on the turrets closest to the shack to power them up whilst waiting for more cash and alternate between sets of two turrets when upgrading their levels.

Place a Rifle turret in the small space between the spawn and gap and then two Quakemakers above the spawn. Build another Rifle turret above the first and upgrade them to level 4. Build a Flamethrower above these to level 4. Slash any Winged Horrors to stop them reaching the shack. Build six (level 4) Rifle turrets heading towards the shack, in columns of two. Then build a column of three (level 4) Rifle turrets. Build another level 4 Flamethrower above and to the right of the original.

Next upgrade the middle right turret to level 6 and the ones above and below to level 5. Build two level 4 Pulsewaves to the right. Build another level 6 Rifle turret to the right of these. Finally, upgrade the level 5 turrets to level 6 and build a level 6 Rifle turret as far right and as low as possible. Before you manage to finish this turret however you will reach 16,000 points.

Eagle Eye Engagement - 10
Earn a grade of 'B' or higher on the 'Eagle Eye Engagement' Challenge.

To earn a B grade on this challenge you must reach a score of at least 12,600 points. Check this thread or this post for a strategy on how to achieve this score.
Details: Cannot build Flamethrower, Choppa, Quakemaker or Decoy turrets.

Engineer Prodigy - 10
Earn a grade of 'B' or higher on the 'Engineer Prodigy' Challenge.

To earn a B grade on this challenge you must reach a score of at least 6,000 points. Check this thread or this post for a strategy on how to achieve this score.
Details: Bonus damage when survivor overlaps with turret is increased to x3.

High Tech Horror - 10
Earn a grade of 'B' or higher on the 'High Tech Horror' Challenge.

To earn a B grade on this challenge you must reach a score of at least 9,000 points. Check this thread or this post for a strategy on how to achieve this score.
Details: Cannot build Flamethrower, Choppa, Cannon or Quakemaker turrets.

Living Nightmare - 10
Earn a grade of 'B' or higher on the 'Living Nightmare' Challenge.

To earn a B grade on this challenge you must reach a score of at least 6,600 points. Check this thread or this post for a strategy on how to achieve this score.
Details: Hounds appear instead of Skinnys or Winged Horrors and Flesh Beasts spawn instead of Cheerleaders. Special zombies also appear every 8 zombies instead of 5.

Napalm Warfare - 10
Earn a grade of 'A' or higher on the 'Napalm Warfare' Challenge.

To earn an A grade on this challenge you must reach a score of at least 6,400 points. Check this thread or this post for a strategy on how to achieve this score.
Details: Cannot build Rifle, Choppa, Pulsewave or Quakemaker turrets.

Poor Equipment - 10
Earn a grade of 'B' or higher on the 'Poor Equipment' Challenge.

To earn a B grade on this challenge you must reach a score of at least 5,400 points. Check this thread or this post for a strategy on how to achieve this score.
Details: Turrets that are not being boosted by the survivor deal half damage.

Stone Age Struggle - 10
Earn a grade of 'S' or higher on the 'Stone Age Struggle' Challenge.

To earn an S grade on this challenge you must reach a score of at least 12,000 points. Check this thread or this post for a strategy on how to achieve this score.
Details: Cannot build Rifle, Flamethrower, Pulsewave or Decoy turrets.

Tougher Than Nails - 10
Earn a grade of 'S' or higher on the 'Tougher Than Nails' Challenge.

To earn an S grade on this challenge you must reach a score of at least 21,000 points. Check this thread or this post for a strategy on how to achieve this score.
Details: Zombies cannot be dismembered.

Undead Attrition - 10
Earn a grade of 'B' or higher on the 'Undead Attrition' Challenge.

To earn a B grade on this challenge you must reach a score of at least 4,800 points. Check this thread or this post for a strategy on how to achieve this score.
Details: Zombies have a regeneration of 1 health per second.

Unstable Ground - 10
Earn a grade of 'A' or higher on the 'Unstable Ground' Challenge.

To earn an A grade on this challenge you must reach a score of at least 7,200 points. Check this thread or this post for a strategy on how to achieve this score.
Details: No build area around turrets is x1.5 larger than normal.

Last edited by Avenged Remains; 01-31-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:39 PM   #3
master_shake_350

Send a message via MSN to master_shake_350 Send a message via Skype™ to master_shake_350

a box of fish's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
YAY, this is much better then the first guide posted.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:16 PM   #4
montrossity

Send a message via AIM to montrossity

montrossity's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Considering I just played and beat this game, I would have to rate this guide an A+. While I didn't pay attention to how long it took me to beat it, the hours seems right and the difficulty is good. The main thing I stressed in my post was to clog the lanes as much as possible and stay as close to the zombie spawn as you can. If you follow those two rules and follow the now excellent picture guides, you should have no problem in getting 200/200.

Ultramarathoner.
Swim, bike, run.
montrossity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:11 PM   #5
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Level 50 for character or level 50 as in stage? Does dying reset upgraded weapon? You must do it in one sitting or reset to level one? I dont understand this one entirely
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:09 PM   #6
montrossity

Send a message via AIM to montrossity

montrossity's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Just start up survival mode and get to level 50.

Ultramarathoner.
Swim, bike, run.

Last edited by montrossity; 09-22-2011 at 08:28 PM. Reason: I can't spell.
montrossity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:04 PM   #7
Avenged Remains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
Level 50 for character or level 50 as in stage? Does dying reset upgraded weapon? You must do it in one sitting or reset to level one? I dont understand this one entirely
I've edited the guide so that hopefully it is explained a little better, but I'll try to explain in more detail here.

The zombies sort of come in waves. This is not to the effect of some other tower defence games where you can see a time limit between them, it just means that more come along which are more powerful than the last. There are little numbers above their heads which increase by 1 each time. Once this gets to 50 you will unlock the shotgun. It's classed as a level because at the top of the screen it says level __, with whatever the number above the most powerful zombies head is being inserted there. This number also dictates how much money and how many points you get per kill.

Also, dying really has no major effect on the game. The worst thing about dying is that you can't power up your turrets and the zombies will head towards the shack instead of targeting you. Every time you die your respawn time increases a little, but your weapon upgrades are not affected whatsoever.

You don't have to get to level 50 in one sitting either in the sense that you can quit the game and continue from where you left it. However, as I explained above the zombies increase in level during your play of a particular map or challenge so you must reach level 50 in one game of survival (before the shack is destroyed).

I hope this helps .
Old 09-23-2011, 07:05 AM   #8
Dynamite Andy

Send a message via MSN to Dynamite Andy Send a message via Skype™ to Dynamite Andy

Dynamite Andy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Nice work man, Beat me to this .

Dynamite Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:38 AM   #9
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Yeah that does help. Thanks for clarifying
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:00 AM   #10
Dynamite Andy

Send a message via MSN to Dynamite Andy Send a message via Skype™ to Dynamite Andy

Dynamite Andy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Can i chuck a suggestion forward? - Use the tips from the strategy thread to expand your achievement descriptions from the challenges.

but first ask the poster about permissions .

Dynamite Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:53 PM   #11
Avenged Remains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite Andy View Post
Can i chuck a suggestion forward? - Use the tips from the strategy thread to expand your achievement descriptions from the challenges.

but first ask the poster about permissions .
I considered doing that but I thought that as there was already the separate thread then there wouldn't be any need.

I may have to however, I submitted it and it hasn't been put on the main site so it's probably the thing I'll work on before re-submitting.

And I wrote the guides for most of the challenges on there so wouldn't need too much permission

Thanks for the input though