Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shmup > Death Smiles
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-24-2011, 05:13 AM   #1
sera07

Sera07's Gamercard
Any Guide to Score Achievement?

"Hundred Millionaire" is fine, but "Triple Hundred Millionaire"? U got to be kidding.
Most I hit 187~ and clear the game =.=

Currently:
PS3: Soul Calibur V casual play as α Patroklos
- Mobbing up games for 100%, platinum -
sera07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:30 AM   #2
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sera07 View Post
"Hundred Millionaire" is fine, but "Triple Hundred Millionaire"? U got to be kidding.
Most I hit 187~ and clear the game =.=
Good call mate, this would be a most useful thread to have.

My highest so far is about 20 million, so I am not quite qualified to comment! I understand that activiating the 'special' mode is key, once you have 1,000 items... it also seems that killing lots of things in quick succession sends your score rocketing when in this mode (like in the Volcano level, where rocks are spat out... score goes mad if you put your familiar in there). But that is all blatantly obvious, I guess.

It also seems to me that the best way to get the item count up is to touch enemies with your familiar, and then you are close enough to collect all of the items before they bounce.

You must be doing something right, Sera... got any tips to share to kick us off?

I have noticed that, sometimes, when killing many things at once, a number flashes up in the top left of the screen, but I am not sure what it means. I am also not sure what it means when the item count has a + figure below it.

Many thanks to UK Dennis for this wonderful sig!
Ooyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:55 AM   #3
amacteur
In the sky

Send a message via Skype™ to amacteur

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
I'm not really good when it comes to scoring (except for MBL 1.1 mode)

Any tips for hundred millionnaire?

Do you have to play xbox 360 mode level 3 only for every stage?

Thx in adv for your inputs
Old 02-24-2011, 12:10 PM   #4
Helg0r

toxik helg0r's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze
You guys should have a look at this link:

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=33625

section 4.5.1. seems to be exactly the little trick that you are looking for... at least 500-600mil sounds like there is a lot of room for the more average player to get the score-achievements

Seringue Absorption Torture Alienation Nihilism
e
Helg0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:31 PM   #5
amacteur
In the sky

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helg0r View Post
You guys should have a look at this link:

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=33625

section 4.5.1. seems to be exactly the little trick that you are looking for... at least 500-600mil sounds like there is a lot of room for the more average player to get the score-achievements
Death mode is when you've selected every stage level 3, this is so insane

The trick seems to be great, but "You are then able to ride this +10,000 bonus through to the end (as long as you don't die, as the +Value is reset when you die)".

It's almost impossible for me
Old 02-24-2011, 01:53 PM   #6
sera07

Sera07's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by amacteur View Post
I'm not really good when it comes to scoring (except for MBL 1.1 mode)

Any tips for hundred millionnaire?

Do you have to play xbox 360 mode level 3 only for every stage?

Thx in adv for your inputs
Not necessary, but i recommend to the cave once u are able to upgrade. Upgrade when u reach the first group of rock, try not to mess too much, u should get up to 50~. Right before the castle u should be/ almost 100~.

Above are for level 1.

Can't 100% take down the castle with 1CC on lv2, final score should be a bit higher...

Currently:
Old 02-24-2011, 02:04 PM   #7
amacteur
In the sky

amacteur's Gamercard

Quote:
Not necessary, but i recommend to the cave once u are able to upgrade. Upgrade when u reach the first group of rock, try not to mess too much, u should get up to 50~. Right before the castle u should be/ almost 100~.

Above are for level 1.

Can't 100% take down the castle with 1CC on lv2, final score should be a bit higher...
Just to make sure I got what you said:

- You played every stage on level 1
- You went to Volcano stage when your counter was 1000, and then powered up: by pressing A+B simultaneously (what u call upgrade, am i correct?)

Last edited by amacteur; 02-24-2011 at 02:28 PM.
amacteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:23 PM   #8
Lil Cipe

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil Cipe

Lil Cipe's Gamercard
Nice to see a familiar name from the Castlevania: HD board :P

I myself haven't got into the point busting yet, and not looking forward to it AT ALL
Old 02-24-2011, 03:51 PM   #9
sera07

Sera07's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by amacteur View Post
Just to make sure I got what you said:

- You played every stage on level 1
- You went to Volcano stage when your counter was 1000, and then powered up: by pressing A+B simultaneously (what u call upgrade, am i correct?)
level 1 - yes
1000 into volcano - yes
+1 you don't need ex stage
Wander the score on leader board 1xxx~

Somehow was having fun in 999 - die alot

This game is just much easier than Mushihime...

Currently:

Last edited by sera07; 02-24-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:36 PM   #10
amacteur
In the sky

amacteur's Gamercard

Quote:
level 1 - yes
1000 into volcano - yes
+1 you don't need ex stage
Wander the score on leader board 1xxx~

Somehow was having fun in 999 - die alot

This game is just much easier than Mushihime...
I would not say easier that Futari, but different

You didn't even make the volcano stage on level 3?

This is impressive because getting more than 100 millions with the 6 stages only on level 1 (without the EX stages)... wow gotta give it a try soon
Old 03-02-2011, 05:54 AM   #11
Axl666

Lord Aztec Axl's Gamercard
I'm tired... for real, I'm tired... my fingers hurt. My patience it's on te floor. I didn't even kill Jitterbug... But in the end, in the last room before Jitterbug, I achieve 100mil. Im so happy. Then, I realize that I still have left 300mil cheevo... Im tired today... This week... will be just Deathsmiles for me...
Axl666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:18 AM   #12
Helg0r

toxik helg0r's Gamercard

For those who own the PAL-version of the game: I've uploaded my 319 million score run to the leaderboards (Xbox 360 mode, EX on), maybe the replay will provide some guidance to others. If you have questions about why or how I do certain things, please post in this thread.

e
Old 04-06-2011, 03:10 PM   #13
deexor

deexor's Gamercard
Quote:
For those who own the PAL-version of the game: I've uploaded my 319 million score run to the leaderboards (Xbox 360 mode, EX on), maybe the replay will provide some guidance to others. If you have questions about why or how I do certain things, please post in this thread.
Great job. I'll have to check it out, I mostly gave up on the "1.0" scoring because of all the split-second recharges required, maybe I'll start practicing for score later.

I also found a few Japanese videos which might be helpful. They were easier to find once it dawned on me I should search for "3億" instead of "million"

EX off, Death Mode off, 313 million (!) by chokori17

EX on, Death Mode Lv2, ~360 million by aestivalis001

Old 04-07-2011, 09:18 AM   #14
Helg0r

toxik helg0r's Gamercard

Nice find!

I would definitely recommend to try different characters, for instance I found Follet far too difficult to handle properly. With Rosa e.g. you have to worry less about getting the instant recharge to work but instead have to pull some more lock-on shot tricks instead (especially on the early levels). Find what suits your own playstyle and then practice, practice and practice each stage in training!

And don't get too frustrated at first when nothing works - it will come in time

e
Old 04-25-2011, 01:48 PM   #15
deexor

deexor's Gamercard
Quote:
Could you explain the Volcano level bomb-recharge trick? I've tried to do it many times in training, but I don't really understand what I'm supposed to be doing and when. I suppose the direction you're facing, the familiar position, and your position on the screen all matter, but what is actually happening here? Usually I just get the counter to 100 to 400, once to 900, but all the high-scoring replays bump it easily above 1000.

I see that you're supposed to bomb the enemies, turn them to gold crowns, and collect the crowns after the power-up ends. I just don't understand the bomb timing and placement, my bombs almost never produce gold crowns I can collect.

Last edited by deexor; 04-25-2011 at 05:03 PM.
deexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:22 PM   #16
Helg0r

toxik helg0r's Gamercard

Yes, sure. The Volcane-recharge is a tricky one and it took me quite some to pull it off consistently.

What you'll want to achieve when the giant rock-spitting boulder comes onscreen is to recharge on the first group of Eye-bats that enters the screen from the right.

First: Positioning.
This depends on the character you play with. You'll want your familiar to move in the direction of the Eye-bats when you use lock-shot but you don't want it to actually kill something. If you use Follet then stay on the plateau above the boulder and face to the right. With Rosa move directly on top of the boulder and face left.

Second: Drain counter and recharge.
This requires timing. As soon as your counter is around 400 use lock-shot (familiar moves into direction of Eye-bats, keep A+B pressed) and immediately bomb (bomb's center is at familiar's position). Both measures will help to drain your counter. The tricky part is to get the timing right: Ideally you'll want to use the bomb to destroy the Eye-bats while you are still in power-up to produce High Crowns., then as soon as you spawn the High Crowns your counter should have drained. Now quickly release A+B once your counter is 0 and suck in the items to recharge back to 1000.

Typical mistakes that can happen:
a) You were too close to the enemy. Either your familiar destroyed part of them when using lock-shot or you sucked in the Crowns too early.
b) You were too far away from the enemy. The Crowns fell to the ground and broke.
c) You bombed too early and got a part or the majority of the Crowns before your counter was actually empty.
d) You bombed too late and the enemies got killed after your counter was already empty, thus producing only Skull Rings.

Again I recommend to try different characters, e.g. I could hardly perform the recharge with Follet (another reason why I dumped her). Timing is the key here, as I said initiate the recharge when the counter is around 400.

Hope this made it clearer for you

edit: Oh almost forgot: You initiate the whole thing when the first Eye-bats pass the plateau above the boulder.

e

Last edited by Helg0r; 04-25-2011 at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:47 AM   #17
deexor

deexor's Gamercard
Thanks for the detailed instructions Once I figured out the correct position with Follett, I was getting 700-900, and with some timing / lockshot practice I can now often do a full recharge.

Trying to go for the two hundred millionaire, getting close... started yesterday at 127 million, got 170, 196, 197.6... 300 seems to be so far away
Old 05-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #18
DarkSephiroth

DarkSephiroth07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I hope someone still reads these forums but anyway I'm looking for help with 100mil achievement. I'm a shmup beginner and I really would like to know thing like best places to use super mode to rack up points. I know that when your value is high you should let the crowns break down to skulls etc but my biggest problem is that I don't know any instant recharges, I have tried them but just can't get them to work except by accident.

So I'm just basicly looking for an "easy" way to get 100mil. My best is 71mil with Rosa and that was one of my closest 1cc with her so I wasn't going for points (I got 1cc with her later but points were only like 50mil or something).

At the moment I get around 20-25mil from the volcano but that's pretty much it for big points. So if someon could tell me a good path that would be great and also when to use super.

Thanks to Rep for this sick picture!
My Guides: DFL, DW8, RE Code Veronica X Battle mode
, SSFIVAE, USFIV
My youtube
DarkSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:31 AM   #19
Silver Assassin

Samba Magician's Gamercard
What would be the best order to play the maps in if there is one in order to score high?