PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Warriors: Legends of Troy
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-25-2011, 04:30 PM   #1
Tricka21

Tricka's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Apparently cancelled for the 360 in North America!

I went on Koeiwarriors.co.uk about to look for any new Dynasty Warriors 7 news & as quoted from there homepage, I found this

The Xbox 360 version for Warriors: Legends of Troy has been canceled for North America. All the Xbox 360 and Microsoft logos have been removed from the official US website. The game will still be available to purchase for the Xbox 360 in Europe and Japan. Warriors: Legends of Troy will be released as a PlayStation 3 exclusive on March 08, 2011 in North America and for both console systems on March 11, 2011 in Europe.

(If they follow through with this I genuinely feel for the minority of fans the game had gathered out there as well as the people who were curious about it) Good thing I live in UK.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:10 PM   #2
JieXY

JieXY's Gamercard
I also have heard such bad news from koeiwarriors.
As a NA 360 owner(although I have a PS3, for Blu-ray ONLY), I feel really disappointed. First Samurai Warriors 3, then this, all without an Xbox 360 version for NA. People who made this decision should be slapped in the face.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:07 AM   #3
Ceejus

Send a message via AIM to Ceejus Send a message via Yahoo to Ceejus Send a message via Skype™ to Ceejus

Prepare to Lag's Gamercard
WTF. Are you serious? God, this sucks. I have been following this game since it was announced. I don't understand why they'd still release it as a PS3 exclusive here in America. Same thing is happening with the Mortal Kombat HD Collection game. Oh well, on a positive note, I guess it'll save me money. The game will probably score really low anyway...
Completed + all DLC: 24 | Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Kazooie N&B, Banjo-Tooie, Dash of Destruction, Fable II, Fable III, Halo 3, ODST, Halo Reach, Harm's Way, Hydrophobia, Monopoly Streets, Silent Hill Homecoming, Sonic's UGC, Sonic Adventure, Sonic & Knux, Sonic & Sega ASR, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic 4 Ep. 1, South Park, Ult. MK3, WWE All Stars

Completed (minus DLC): 3 | Dark Void, Resident Evil 5, Force Unleashed
Ceejus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:39 AM   #4
HorsemanOfWar16

Lord Jimbobalot's Gamercard
That sucks for you guys - unlucky -
at the end of the day it's only effecting their sales figures - dumb-asses!!
- And yes this will get a low score -why do you think we never saw hardly anything of this game ?? - Because they got nothing to show and what they do will be bollox! lol

Currently Awaiting: ME: Shadow of Mordor, Destiny, AC: Unity, Batman: Arkham Knight, Halo V, Tc: The Division, Tc: Siege

1000/1000: Mark of the Ninja, Dead Space 1+ 2, GoW 1+2, Darksiders, Batman: AA, Assassin's Creed 1+2+ Brotherhood, Fallout 3, Fallout:NV , COD 2 - MW 1+2 - WaW, Halo:ODST - Reach, Battlefield:BC2 - 1943, Left 4 Dead 1+2.
HorsemanOfWar16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:17 AM   #5
Venomized

Armoured Brecce's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricka21 View Post
I went on Koeiwarriors.co.uk about to look for any new Dynasty Warriors 7 news & as quoted from there homepage, I found this

The Xbox 360 version for Warriors: Legends of Troy has been canceled for North America. All the Xbox 360 and Microsoft logos have been removed from the official US website. The game will still be available to purchase for the Xbox 360 in Europe and Japan. Warriors: Legends of Troy will be released as a PlayStation 3 exclusive on March 08, 2011 in North America and for both console systems on March 11, 2011 in Europe.

(If they follow through with this I genuinely feel for the minority of fans the game had gathered out there as well as the people who were curious about it) Good thing I live in UK.
Uhm excuse me, f*** off. Please tell me you're lying. I am pissed off now. Severely. Please tell me
you're lying.... please

Edit: There is no way theyd cancel it for the 360 only a few weeks away. No way.

I believe it really is canceled =(

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...?mode=versions

Look at the release date

Last edited by Venomized; 02-28-2011 at 06:31 AM.
Venomized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:38 AM   #6
Venomized

Armoured Brecce's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Aren't the developers Canadian or the corporation is Canadian? Why would they freaking cancel the game in a country they live! Well the continent they live in. That is just stupid
Venomized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:26 AM   #7
Fox Hound JD

Fox Hound JD's Gamercard
I wasn't that hyped for this game, but figured I'd give it a go since nothing else is really coming out I wanna play... but man, this is stupid. Microsoft is slippin, they cant allow games to slip away from the 360. They have jack shit for exclusives this year, and even tho this games a small one, its still a game you cant play on xbox if you want to. MS is fuckin up bad...
Old 03-29-2011, 07:46 AM   #8
olcsi2

Oliverio's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
stop renting the games and get into the habit of buying them. They probably cancelled, because they thought the only ones buying the game will be the rental companies...
olcsi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:02 PM   #9
Chuunks

Chuunks's Gamercard
So (pardon the noobish question probably) -- if you buy the UK version, will it not let you play on your US Xbox?

Chuunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:50 AM   #10
sanger

Sangriaz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuunks View Post
So (pardon the noobish question probably) -- if you buy the UK version, will it not let you play on your US Xbox?
Some games do play, but if other Koei games are to go by, Europe version will not play on US Xbox. Someone with the game + US Xbox will have to test to know this for sure though.
sanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:23 PM   #11
Abstract Rising

Abstract Rising's Gamercard
The Best Buy website is letting you pre-order the game for the Xbox 360 in The States with a release date of September 1st.

The below information was taken from the Best Buy website.

Warriors: Legends of Troy - Xbox 360

Publisher: Tecmo | SKU: 1973042
Release Date: 9/1/2011
ESRB Rating: M=Mature
Abstract Rising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:26 AM   #12
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Ohhh, So this is why I couldnt find it on gamefly...Damn it I really wanted to play this game. Ive always been interested in this kinda stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstract Rising View Post
The Best Buy website is letting you pre-order the game for the Xbox 360 in The States with a release date of September 1st.

The below information was taken from the Best Buy website.

Warriors: Legends of Troy - Xbox 360

Publisher: Tecmo | SKU: 1973042
Release Date: 9/1/2011
ESRB Rating: M=Mature
Hmm, that date has passed and I still cant find it anywhere...

Last edited by Foxxy kyle; 09-15-2011 at 01:29 AM.
Foxxy kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:48 AM   #13
Icarusael

Icarusael's Gamercard
Good thing I came here, I was searching like crazy for this game, couldn't find anything! Why the hell did they cancelled it in North America? What is the point? Why would they do this lol? The game is made, the game is complete, it is ready to be traded for money. I don't get it...

Icarusael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:13 PM   #14
KSU DS

KSU DS's Gamercard
Believe the game was finally released to North America via Games on Demand for $29.99+tax on 11/28/12!

Yeah I wait and luck me found it! 5.69G Download! I'll re-edit if it doesn't work!
Old 12-01-2012, 06:58 PM   #15
BigPopov

yeah I bought it too. I think something dawned on Koei that they have a done, fully translated game and they decided to release it 2 years late.

It's too bad cause you know they won't get the sales they should've if people had actually known it existed. But hopefully it will warrant them to release other games even if GoD.
BigPopov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:46 AM   #16
Illicit

illicitsoc's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPopov View Post
yeah I bought it too. I think something dawned on Koei that they have a done, fully translated game and they decided to release it 2 years late.

It's too bad cause you know they won't get the sales they should've if people had actually known it existed. But hopefully it will warrant them to release other games even if GoD.
Nobody's even mentioned it was released on games on demand. Luckily I stumbled onto this post yesterday while doing the 7 day survivor dead rising achievement.
Illicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:19 AM   #17
Wilkz07

wilkz07's Gamercard
its on games on demand.
Wilkz07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #18
dexbigdud

it is also available on your xbox interface just go on market and type it down
dexbigdud is offline   Reply With Quote