Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Xbox 360
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-27-2011, 11:51 AM   #1
BirdDog Funk

BirdDog Funk's Gamercard
Video files managed by Xbox 360

I have a lot of video files on my pc that I am attempting to stream to my Xbox. About one-third are not even recognized by the console. Can someone tell me all of the video files that the Xbox 360 recognizes and plays?
BirdDog Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:54 AM   #2
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
http://www.infobarrel.com/Supported_...ng_to_Xbox_360

Should help you out

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:55 AM   #3
Mr Bungle
Banned User

Found this for ya

Quote:
Your Xbox 360 supports a variety of video formats, with playback quality dependent on the type of video you are attempting to play. Read through these specifications and tips to understand the capabilities of streaming media from your PC to your Xbox 360

Supported File Types
The Xbox 360 supports AVI, WMV, MPEG-4 Part 2, H.264 and QuickTime movie formats. The file extensions included are as follows: .avi, .divx, .wmv, .mp4, .m4v, .mp4v, and .mov.

Video Playback
For video files with the WMV container, playback occurs at 15 Mbps (Mega-Bytes Per Second) with a resolution of 1920 x 1080. Files with the H.264 container have the same resolution, but are played back at 10 Mbps. For AVI and MPEG-4 Part 2 video files, playback is 5 Mbps at 1280 x 720 resolution.

Audio Playback
The Xbox 360 supports WMA 7-9 and Lossless audio profiles for WMV video formats. Dolby Digital and MP3 profiles are supported in AVI formats. For MPEG-4 Part 2 and H.264 encoded videos, the console supports only two-channel AAC audio encoding.

Streaming Video
With Zune software, the Xbox 360 can stream unprotected AVI, MPEG-4 Part 2, H.264, and WMV video formats. Through Windows Media Player, protected and unprotected WMV videos can be streamed.

Streaming Tips
Download a third-party video codec package to expand the amount of video formats you can stream using the Windows Media Player. For better playback, convert video files into the more Mircosoft user-friendly WMV format using a third-party video conversion program.
Mr Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:58 AM   #4
BirdDog Funk

BirdDog Funk's Gamercard
Thanks a lot for your help guys. I appreciate the fast responses.
BirdDog Funk is offline   Reply With Quote