PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Fight Night Champion
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-01-2011, 11:05 AM   #1
kolbe11

Champion Mode Sucks

The most stupid idea i've ever seen. Starting fight from 2nd round with broken arm, or the most most stupid fight from the 1st round with TKO ready eye. Most fucked up game ever seen.
kolbe11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:06 PM   #2
jasonjuk

jasonj uk's Gamercard
its supposed to be story orientated but for me it feels like its a 3 hour long tutorial to get u used to different aspects/situations in the sport

personally i enjoyed champion mode and just wish it were longer
jasonjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:20 PM   #3
kolbe11

Rules are simple, I can beat "Legacy" mode on GOAT with no problem. It's about situations - TKO eye getting even on blocked hit - this is ridiculous, i can knock him twice and loose fight by decision. Dwayne Copper can't be beaten, aggresive fight ends by TKO, deffensive ends with loose by decision, using contra u can pray for luck, medium hit can beat guy just like that, heavy clean hayemaker do nothing. I'm looking effective way to KO.

EDIT:
This is an official. You want to win with Dwayne Cooper, you need to knock him 3 times. Can't do this, 2 KO's not giving you a win. You can't beat him by decision (playing for 2 hours with no effect).

Last edited by kolbe11; 03-01-2011 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:54 PM   #4
Flow

Send a message via AIM to Flow Send a message via MSN to Flow Send a message via Yahoo to Flow

Flowin 92's Gamercard
It actually doesn't suck. It's just short.
Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:18 AM   #5
AHR98

a6h3r1's Gamercard
i think its cool just not long enough
Old 03-02-2011, 10:17 AM   #6
ashleary

Send a message via MSN to ashleary

ashleyleary's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolbe11 View Post
The most stupid idea I've ever seen. Starting fight from 2nd round with broken arm, or the most most stupid fight from the 1st round with TKO ready eye. Most fucked up game ever seen.
Adds a bit of variety to it though don't it? I think you've still got the luxury of creating your own fights with any pro fighter you want and a story mode with a bit of a narrative and challenges.

I think its come on leaps and bounds from the monotony of the earlier games in my opinion.

Each to their own though!
Amstrad CPC 464, Game Boy, SNES, Dreamcast, GBA XBOX, PSP, XBOX 360
Please follow @mouseymessages on Twitter
ashleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:09 PM   #7
kolbe11

You're right, and that's what im doing now, fighting with my own fighter, without damages before the fight starts. But you know, i wanted to end champion mode, loosed to much time to leave it now (f%!@@$& Cooper).
Old 03-02-2011, 03:50 PM   #8
Fifa08Meister

Send a message via MSN to Fifa08Meister Send a message via Yahoo to Fifa08Meister Send a message via Skype™ to Fifa08Meister

IIEvolution85II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Ive completed Champion Mode No Problem. Its just about timing and following instructions

Fifa08Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:41 AM   #9
AllWorkNoPlay11

AllWorkNoPlay11's Gamercard
I thought it was pretty bad ass. It kind of reminds me of that Lights Out show on FX.

Thanks To XeroFox For The Awesome Sig!
AllWorkNoPlay11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:00 AM   #10
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I like it... i mean, it's not as great as it seems, but it's about time there's a story mode type in a sports game... this is awesome. I know it's been done before, but that was a while back ago. They can improve on championship mode later on.... a step forward for the franchise though in my opinion.

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:34 AM   #11
Airman Rufio

Airman Rufio's Gamercard
if you're having trouble, just follow the rules of the match. Also, play on easy.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:48 AM   #12
kolbe11

No, no Dwayne Cooper can't be defeated. I'm crushing his face, when I'm lucky he's going down 4th round. He can knock me in 9th round with a simple straight punch. It's 4 time harder than Klitschko on GOAT whitch i KO to 5th round. 3 hours of play, crushing this ugly face and nothing - loosing by decision after Cooper gets KO 2 times. It is impossible to 3 time KO, I cant punch stronger than now.
Im not getting suprised if it depends on where do you hit him or whitch punch do I use. I had never more frustraiting fight in KO Kings and FN games.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:33 PM   #13
Flow

Send a message via AIM to Flow Send a message via MSN to Flow Send a message via Yahoo to Flow

Flowin 92's Gamercard
Quote:
No, no Dwayne Cooper can't be defeated. I'm crushing his face, when I'm lucky he's going down 4th round. He can knock me in 9th round with a simple straight punch. It's 4 time harder than Klitschko on GOAT whitch i KO to 5th round. 3 hours of play, crushing this ugly face and nothing - loosing by decision after Cooper gets KO 2 times. It is impossible to 3 time KO, I cant punch stronger than now.
Im not getting suprised if it depends on where do you hit him or whitch punch do I use. I had never more frustraiting fight in KO Kings and FN games.
Just turn down the difficulty.
Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:38 AM   #14
kolbe11

I made it. I got medieval on his face, KO in 2nd round (but I smell a bit of luck here). The funniest thing - next fight, wait, what fight ? Black guy was a bag, he just died after few shots in 2nd round, I could KO him in 1st (but we need to wait to cutscene betweene 1st ans 2nd round). Next, stupid fight that you have to loose (shame on EA), and the final shame Isaac Frost - i don't understand why Bishop get this fight. I ve been heavly damaged after 1 shot whitch I blocked. I didn't beat him... I never seen a fighter with long range fighting close in the corner. And the most shitty thing, I can't stand up second time, I made it in every fight with no problem (if I had KO) but with Isasc it looks like my pad is broken. I don't understand it.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:19 AM   #15
Frozza

derangedFIREFLY's Gamercard
Quote:
I made it. I got medieval on his face, KO in 2nd round (but I smell a bit of luck here). The funniest thing - next fight, wait, what fight ? Black guy was a bag, he just died after few shots in 2nd round, I could KO him in 1st (but we need to wait to cutscene betweene 1st ans 2nd round). Next, stupid fight that you have to loose (shame on EA), and the final shame Isaac Frost - i don't understand why Bishop get this fight. I ve been heavly damaged after 1 shot whitch I blocked. I didn't beat him... I never seen a fighter with long range fighting close in the corner. And the most shitty thing, I can't stand up second time, I made it in every fight with no problem (if I had KO) but with Isasc it looks like my pad is broken. I don't understand it.
Same boat here. I sometimes wonder if people saying the Isaac Frost was easy actually completed it (I know they did) but ho i can be doing ok then get absolutely smashed is crazy. People suggest moving around the ring, the guy corners you, punches you whilst covered and gets KO.
Retail completed #1
The Godfather 2 1000/1000
Frozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:24 AM   #16
judd90

Judd90's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Champion mode was awesome, just a pitty it was so short.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:49 AM   #17
kolbe11

No, Champion Mode is not realistic boxing game, final fight is typical arcade fighting game. Chamion has 1 KO punch always for 5 f***** rounds - i never survived to 6th. And this is not fun tu run for 8 rounds, its boring and frustraiting. This is the bigest mistake EA ever made. Game should be fun, someone called it realistic, but theres nothing realistic in 3 fight of chamiponship mode. Fight with broken arm (starting 2nd round, wtf ? - this is my game, i never broke an arm, the game did), Cooper fight (devastaiting straight in my arms so my eye can be badly cut, wtf ?!), Frost (men of steel).

EDIT:
Last stupid thing. (FROST)Amateur difficult is almost as hard as GOAT, so don't think about lower it, Frost punches less but making the same damage as GOAT. EA, this is the las game I buy from you, once I end it (IF I END) i kick it through the window. Shame.

Last edited by kolbe11; 03-04-2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:48 PM   #18
GDMFS0AB

Mad Hectic's Gamercard
Quote:
Rules are simple, I can beat "Legacy" mode on GOAT with no problem. It's about situations - TKO eye getting even on blocked hit - this is ridiculous, i can knock him twice and loose fight by decision. Dwayne Copper can't be beaten, aggresive fight ends by TKO, deffensive ends with loose by decision, using contra u can pray for luck, medium hit can beat guy just like that, heavy clean hayemaker do nothing. I'm looking effective way to KO.

EDIT:
This is an official. You want to win with Dwayne Cooper, you need to knock him 3 times. Can't do this, 2 KO's not giving you a win. You can't beat him by decision (playing for 2 hours with no effect).

I knocked him down twice in seperate rounds and he didn't get back up! Win for me.

And why are you saying this is the last EA game you will buy? Because it's a little difficult. Get a grip. That is what's good about games.
GDMFS0AB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:31 PM   #19
kolbe11

No. Becouse i'm good at Fight Night games, never had a problem to complete GOAT and I don't have a time to play one fight for hours, today 2 hours, with no results - 2nd KO = lost, I don't know but Bishop can't stand up most of time, I never had that problem in legacy mode.
I'm in center, pushing right stick and he goes to other side, i;m centring him quickly, pushing stick and he goes to the other side again. O, it is impossible to survive to 5th round without KO.

And why i will not buy EA game ? After hours of play I decide to change difficult on Frost. If game thinks I am amateur, so I picked up amateur difficult . And what ? It is no diffrence beetwen them, maybe he is a bit passive but it still GOAT. WTF ? I can complete Legacy GOAT with no loose and can't beat amateur ?

This game is good, but without Champion Mode. This mode is totally diffrent game. You don't have leverage to whole game: do it, do it, do it, you even can't control difficult of the game. Shame.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:58 PM   #20
GDMFS0AB

Mad Hectic's Gamercard
I'll agree that champion mode is a little lame. Just because it is set situations.

With the frost fight i body hit him 75 times in the first round you are supposed to do it....Then had nothing to do for the following 2 rounds....Waste of 6 mins.

Still good though.

Didn't find champion mode hard at all...Moving to legacy now.
GDMFS0AB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:18 PM   #21
Shypsi6

Shypsi6's Gamercard
I was going to say Champion Mode sucked. Just because I was having a little trouble with some of the situations. But I conquered those so it didn't suck lol.

I thought it was much better than I thought it would be. The soundtrack and score added to the atmosphere. Eventhough I too got the 75 body shots in and had to spend 2 rounds avoiding, the Issac Frost fight was rather epic.

But I'm glad I got it out of the way last night. On to Legacy mode. Then to an online gym. (Simultaneously most likely)
Old 03-04-2011, 03:27 PM   #22
kolbe11

I just don't have time to fight one fight again and again. The most problem is to get up from 2nd KO (as I said it's impossible no to be KO to 5th round) - i was trying on two controllers, and I can get up randomly, sometimes it works and sometimes not. I survived to 5th round, and 2nd KO, and f***** again.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:49 AM   #23
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Yo, i got a question. I just fought Alvarez.... are you supposed to knock him out at the 4th round. I stunned him 12 times (counted) and landed almost every hit and he took it like a freaking champion. Just wondering because I was pretty surprised when this god of a boxer absorbed it all.

Old 03-05-2011, 10:19 AM   #24
kolbe11

You need to knock him out if I remember.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:15 AM   #25
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Quote:
You need to knock him out if I remember.
Yea, I ended up eventually doing that... but it took forever. That guy was taking punches like a god, I've never stunned anybody so many times like that... I was like Holy CRAP.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:40 AM   #26
AltruismIsDead

AltruismIsDead's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I am having a serious problem with Meldrick Johnson. Anyone have some strategy to use on him? I am guessing you have to do some left hand combinations?

I don't know how many times I've fought him, but he is a fricking brick wall. Whenever I get him stunned he runs away (which I can't understand how he can run away backwards faster than my guy can walk forward! ) then once I catch up to him he just blocks everything I throw at him, jabs, heavy hooks/uppercuts etc.

I really was enjoying this story mode until they pulled this crap.

I can understand the whole "your right hand is injured, use your left to beat him" for some type of drama with the story, but then they also throw in the whole "with combination punches otherwise he is unbeatable! muhahaha"

Putting those types of limitations on games is annoying. I just rocked his face but I still lost because I didn't use combination punches? WTF
List of XBLA Games - Updated 9/5/11
150 Xbox 360 Retail Games Owned Social Group / X360A Exclusive Platinum Game Collectors
AltruismIsDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:30 PM   #27
Azrael008uk

Azrael008uk's Gamercard
Quote:
EA, this is the las game I buy from you, once I end it (IF I END) i kick it through the window. Shame.
Championship Mode is heavily scripted and in many ways works like a crafty tutorial for the main game.

Your complaint is that you can't go in there and spark everyone out in the first round.

That's not what this mode is about and it's not even what boxing is about.

There's a great story and it's fun to play through.

Like many have said, follow your corner's instructions and you'll do fine.

Like you pointed out yourself you pretty much HAVE to follow your corner's instructions to progress but there's a reason for this.

The game is making you a better player (in this case, possibly against your will).

Enjoy it if you can and at the end of it, if you don't care for it, you've got Legacy Mode and Fight Now where you can steamroll over the competition for the rest of your days.

Not only that, if GOAT is getting too easy, you can up the sliders on your opponents.

Sounds like there's more to be happy about than sad really in this game.

Az

pixels
Azrael008uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:07 PM   #28
asdfen

hated this mode. story was ... if you can even call it a story. Come on.
Fighting Superman/SuperSayan in a boxing game is gay. I am talking about Frost/Cooper that can and will knock anyone out in 1 punch for no good reason.

Frost fight that requires player to prance around the ring like little ballerina for 7 rounds ... who ever thought that would be fun?
asdfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:02 AM   #29
DaMitchMan90

Da Mitch Man 90's Gamercard
I agree running round the ring for 7 rounds just to knock the b*****d out in the 8th is a waste of 25 minutes of my life
DaMitchMan90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:54 PM   #30
kolbe11

Making me a better player ? No, no - Isaac Frost made me pissed player, besides - i'am good player without beat Isaac Frost, this is not a fight, it's just a script like any other call of duty shits.