PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham Asylum
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-02-2011, 02:02 PM   #1
db_teamextreme

How difficult is 'Hard' compared with other games?

I'm about to start this game and wondering how difficult the game is compared with some others games hardest levels e.g Veteren in Call Of Duty.

Anyone any thoughts?

Thanks
db_teamextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:02 PM   #2
Almsivi

Send a message via MSN to Almsivi

ArmedWithDanger's Gamercard
I didn't find it that difficult compared to the normal setting, beat it on hard in about 3 - 4 hours. The only big fuzz about the hard difficulty setting is that the blue lightning above enemies heads, the parry/block prompt, is now gone. But you do get used to working without it by looking at the thugs movement instead. Compared to Call of Duty games on veteran, Batman: Arkham Asylum was conquered easier

So if you did fairly well on the normal difficulty, rarely died and-what-not, you won't be having too much trouble beating it on hard
Almsivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:51 PM   #3
essecks

essechoplex's Gamercard
If you know the game and how to play it, it's not overly hard at all. If you're diving into it without knowing anything about it or how the combat system works, it's a bit frustrating at first.
essecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:24 PM   #4
aDisabledRabbit

aDisabledRabbit's Gamercard
The hard setting isn't actually that hard at all. I completed this game a while ago, and really enjoyed it.

Blub Blub Blub.
aDisabledRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:17 PM   #5
TheMovement81

TheMovement81's Gamercard
Hard mode really isn't much different on Arkham Asylum. Like Almsivi mentioned, there is no prompt for countering enemies attacks. This is the biggest difference, as most everything else is the same. Enemies take more hits and deal more damage. This makes boss fights tougher as well, so I would recommend spending a bit of time in the challenge maps to brush up on your combat skills.

Doing so certainly helped out when I played on hard. Try to ignore the counter prompt thing in the challenges though and pay attention to enemies movements, as it will help prepare you for combat in hard mode.
TheMovement81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:15 AM   #6
db_teamextreme

Thanks for all the advice guys. I decided to do a play thorough on Normal first and I completed it last night.

I didn't find it too difficult, though some of the boss battles were tricky.

Thanks for the tip about practicing in the combat challenges. Think I definatly need to do this before attempting hard!
db_teamextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:31 AM   #7
KyKy

KillswitchKyren's Gamercard
I done Hard Mode after I completed all the challenges and then I found it easier than when I completed it on normal. It really does depend on how much you've played/learned Batmans combos/gadgets in my opinion.
KyKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:53 AM   #8
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Most of it is a breeze if you've already done one playthrough. Just learn to counter without the pop-ups and you'll be good to go!

Will take a few tries to get used to but nothing too hard. Only bit I struggled on was the Ivy fight! I hadn't played the game in a while and the vines do a lot of damage! Again, I gave up for a bit, came back to it and got it in one go!

The rest was a walk in the park and without concentrating on the collectables you should complete it fast!

Kung Fu Rainbow Lazer Force
Starting GSL13 Gamerscore: 211,477

Current Gamerscore: GAMERTAG
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:17 AM   #9
Ragnarok1986

Ragnarok1986's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
WAW was a hell of alot harder. I wish i had started it on hard save 2 runs its simple if your take your time.

Follow me on Twitter
Ragnarok1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:04 PM   #10
TheRock420RVD

Send a message via AIM to TheRock420RVD

Rock420RVD's Gamercard
took over 100x to get past Bane LMAO

who else is gonna be "a bitch" on hard?? I remember Ivy was really difficult on EASY lol

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

Last edited by TheRock420RVD; 03-29-2011 at 03:35 PM.
TheRock420RVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:17 PM   #11
RPG1983

RPG1983's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRock420RVD View Post
who else is gonna be "a bitch" on hard?? I remember Ivy was really difficult on EASY lol
Ivy isn't that difficult if you dive side to side across the screen. Watch for where the vines will come up and make sure you have a space free to dive to. Quick batarang her in between leaps where possible and you wont have a problem.

The last joker fight was easy as well, you can use the joker teeth bombs (that chase you) to knock down the mobs by getting the teeth near to a group and setting it off. It will knock them down and give you the opportunity to focus on a few. Also, the enemies seemed to drop on the right side of the 'arena' first so move there to start with.

The fight before the last joker fight was trickier as you have a fairly long narrow'ish room to fight 2 of the big dudes and lots of normal henchman. However if you just leap / run about and make sure to stun the big guys with the 3x batarang when they charge you should be able to just focus on getting onto the back of one of them and using it to damage all the others.
RPG1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:40 AM   #12
ARCANEVALORE
Banned User

arcane x knight's Gamercard
Is it bad the only part I had trouble in was Scarecrows world ?
ARCANEVALORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:30 AM   #13
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCANEVALORE View Post
Is it bad the only part I had trouble in was Scarecrows world ?
Not really. Poison Ivy was the hardest part for me.
Latest arcade completion: Motocross Madness

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:53 PM   #14
KyKy

KillswitchKyren's Gamercard
I also thought Ivy was the hardest part on hard mode.
KyKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:08 AM   #15
Wats0n

Wats0n's Gamercard
I'm stuck fighting the Titan that breaks out of the elevator and you have to fight him and 5 waves of thugs at the same time. I manage to get the Titan down but then a random hit or 2 takes me out on that last wave that still comes.
Wats0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:55 AM   #16
Whatup14

whatup14's Gamercard
Hard is really not that hard... once you manage to beat it on normal and complete a couple of the combat challenge, you'll breeze through it. The only part that was rough, was the second scarecrow part... Wanted to do it to fast
Whatup14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:57 AM   #17
Whatup14

whatup14's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wats0n View Post
I'm stuck fighting the Titan that breaks out of the elevator and you have to fight him and 5 waves of thugs at the same time. I manage to get the Titan down but then a random hit or 2 takes me out on that last wave that still comes.
Wear the Titan out and use him to beat the thugs. Abuse of the evade move and watch the thugs for counters. With a bit of practice you should have it. Good luck.
Whatup14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:28 PM   #18
how ya dern?

LIL KILLER117's Gamercard
i thought is was the hardest hard ever
how ya dern? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:21 PM   #19
Krizalid1985

Krizalid1985's Gamercard
hard mode in this game is very easy compare with other games,like bionic commando,devil may cry ,ninja gaiden or others,enemies simply does a little more damage,and there 's no special effect when enemies attack you so its more difficult to do parry,but it's not so hard to do it aniway if you know the game well.
Krizalid1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:28 PM   #20
DucknahEireann

DucknahEireann's Gamercard
Should i try this on Normal first before trying on Hard?

"Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live!"
Robert Nesta Marley

DucknahEireann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:29 PM   #21
roulex

Roulex's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I wouldn't bother, playing on hard first gets you more prepared to get the 3-bats on all the combat challenges as well. Hard really isn't that bad in this game at all

roulex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:52 PM   #22
a blind beggar

a blind beggar's Gamercard

It was the easiest hard mode i've ever played definitely. I did it on my second playthrough though.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:25 AM   #23
Deadwood GB 24

Deadwood GB 24's Gamercard
Bat Hard!

Thanks Guy's, post's helpped me push on and play it on hard first.

Here comes the Achievement!!!

Deadwood GB 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:25 PM   #24
Adam3k3

Adam3k3's Gamercard
Just beat the game on hard as my 2nd run. Once you learn the fighting system, the game becomes a peace of cake. Combo challenges are bit harder but as I said, learn the fighting system and all will be good.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:43 PM   #25
Gor1lla

gor1lla the one's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
When i started this game on hard i nearly quit on the first fight, because the goons were so annoying, after finally killing them the rest of the game was easy, except one part of a particular boss fight Had to do it 3-4 times.

short version: Get used to the combat system and fly through it

Third in Germany to 1000 Batman: AA
First in Germany to 1000 Batman: AC
Gor1lla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:08 PM   #26
Simperheve

Simperheve's Gamercard
I didn't find it too hard, i'd managed to get a hang of not having any prompts for counter by the end of the first fight. My hardest part was where the giant breaks out of the elevator and then you had to fight loads of waves of dudes.
Also, joker at the end was a bit of a problem, but just because when i thought it was safe, i'd get hit by surprise, or one of the thugs i thought i'd knocked out would get up and pick up the gun on the floor D:
Simperheve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:59 PM   #27
Croc 494

croc 494's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRock420RVD View Post
took over 100x to get past Bane LMAO

Ivy is by far the hardest boss on hard mode, she just doesnt die
Croc 494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:37 AM   #28
DragonsGoMOO

dragonsgomoo's Gamercard

Ivy was the hardest for me. Then the second hardest part was, can't remember for sure, the little room with the beefed up titan guy (not Bane), and there's 2 or 3 of them (not all at once). Tiny freakin' room. Hated it.

DragonsGoMOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:36 AM   #29
Aghwee

Aghwee's Gamercard
Like most game, I always start on the highest [at first] allowed difficulty.

This is especially good for clearing difficulty related achievements, and eliminating the learning curve for things like counters [you start without them, you'll never look at, or for them, during any playthrough!

All-in-all Batman AA isn't much of a fighter, and as long as you don't treat it like one, you'll clear it with relative ease. If you try to charge in head-long on Hard mode you'll be about as successful as you would be doing the same thing on Ninja Gaiden.
Aghwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #30
Envy or

envybot's Gamercard
I agree with others here - the loss of the counter warning above enemies heads is the most difficult aspect of hard. However, after playing the combat challenges between my normal and hard runs, I did not find the combat that much more difficult - the combat challenges really honed my sense of timing and how to handle large groups of enemies quite effectively.
Envy or is offline   Reply With Quote