PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Party > You Don't Know Jack
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-03-2011, 04:35 PM   #1
sparkingconduit

SparkingConduit's Gamercard
Which rank has to be Unicorn for the achievement?

I'm just curious if anybody has verified this. I have a local player name that is currently ranked at Unicorn status and my Xbox Live profile name which is ranked as either Home Erectus or Meathead or whatever it is.

I agreed to help someone out by letting them beat me as a Unicorn. However, I am not sure whether my Xbox Live rank needs to be Unicorn or not.

The reason I ask is because the Xbox Live rank seems to be more like a heading than anything. For example, if you go into the Contestants menu, you will see your Gamertag name first as a heading and then any names you have listed under that Gamertag as subheadings. Your local named contestants will all affect your Xbox Live rank, though. For example, if you have one name ranked at Unicorn but another name that you, say, used to get Slack Attack and has the worst rating, your Xbox Live name will be ranked somewhere in the exact middle. Delete the Slack Attack name and your Xbox live ranking will shoot up to Unicorn.

Thus, the questions is this. Do I need to waste time playing people on Xbox Live to up my ranking, or will people be able to beat me and still get the achievement because one of my local name contestants is Unicorn?

Beyond the mountains, there are more mountains. Beyond those mountains, there will be more mountains. Either you climb them forever and never fear failure or you never bother trying. It's your choice.
sparkingconduit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:37 PM   #2
nastymastadaddy

NastyMastaDaddy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Your Xbox live profile name has to be ranked unicorn.

nastymastadaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:52 PM   #3
sparkingconduit

SparkingConduit's Gamercard
Thanks. Good to know. I suppose I can just play a couple single player games to raise it.

Beyond the mountains, there are more mountains. Beyond those mountains, there will be more mountains. Either you climb them forever and never fear failure or you never bother trying. It's your choice.
sparkingconduit is offline   Reply With Quote