Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox One Games > Action > Mirror's Edge 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-05-2011, 12:16 AM   #1
Mr Bungle
Banned User

Mirror's Edge 2 NOT DEAD YET!

Quote:
If you enjoyed the first Mirror’s Edge and have been worried about the possibility of the series being canned by publisher EA due to a lack of solid sales, you should sleep a little better tonight knowing that the franchise is apparently free running it’s way towards a comeback.

EA Games President Frank Gibeau recently confirmed to 1UP that the company is “actively working on ideas in the Mirror’s Edge universe.” and, speaking to CVG went on to set the record straight about the current state of the franchise.

“We’re just trying to figure out how to bring Mirror’s Edge back and in what way.” said Gibeau. “That’s part of the creative development process. I know there are some stories about how EA killed Mirror’s Edge. Well, I’m the guy; I greenlight the games. I did not kill it — as God is my witness.”

So, now that we know the series isn’t dead, what should fans expect in the future? Gibeau stated that “What we said internally is: ‘What do we need to do to make [a sequel] a hit?’ We need to go from version one to version two so that it sells two to three times as many, it finds a much bigger audience. The first game from a quality standpoint was good, but now it needs to be great.

“We’re actively working on ideas in the Mirror’s Edge universe, we just haven’t locked yet on a way to bring it back and a way that fans will be excited, but at the same time we can get it to a bigger audience.”

So, there ya go. EA hasn’t killed the franchise, but rather is currently taking the time to, uh, reflect on what they want it to ultimately be…

Of course, we’ll keep you posted on any new Mirror’s Edge-related details as they emerge.
From gametrailers.com
Mr Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:25 AM   #2
xanderthezeppo

xanderthezeppo's Gamercard
Not exactly the best thing being just thinking about it, but I guess it's better than nothing. I'm definitely looking forward to a sequel. I loved that first game.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:15 AM   #3
Jamoo 1

Jamoo 1's Gamercard
I loved the first game! I'm glad to hear a sequel may be in the works. :3

"So long sentiment it doesn't matter now."- So Long Sentiment
"Sing Hallelujah because you can't change anything."- Blackstar
Jamoo 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:41 PM   #4
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Unfortunately there's only so much they can hope to accomplish. Either they can make the game better and sell less or they can make the game worse and sell more. That's the sad truth of it. If they want a game as brilliant and unique as the original, it's simply a matter of fleshing out the little things from the first game and letting us experience them in new ways (like a Sandbox world with multiple paths to explore instead of just straight-forward missions; However, don't expect a lot of people to come flocking to the sequel.
\
Now if you throw away the dynamic camera, completely ditch the Free-running, add in lots of weapons, vehicles, iron sights, aliens, terrorists, and a half-assed campaign to compliment an overrated multiplayer component, than change the name to include the words Halo, Call, or Duty, than they'll have themselves that something that sells (and if they did that I don't know how they would be able to live with themselves. Taking something so wonderful and gutting it for the ignorant masses is sickening.)
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:01 PM   #5
Agent Aero

Aero x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
At the time i thought Mirrors Edge was very 'meh'. But looking back now? It was a truly awesome game. Completely unique, hardly any flaws and it just screamed originality. I especially loved how the game only used about 6-7 different colours, it just seemed to add something which i can't quite put my finger on.

I think the sequel could make a decent attempt at multiplayer, either co-operative or competitive.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:53 AM   #6
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Mirror's Edge is my all-time favorite game, and for the first time ever, I'm scared that they will casualise the sequel to such an extent that I might not like it.

I really, really hope they do not notch down the difficulty... besting the time trials and speedruns is the main thing I liked so much about the game.

Guides & Roadmaps created:
Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
rrushn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:03 AM   #7
katesith

Send a message via Skype™ to katesith

Katesith x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
That's great to hear. Knowing the possibility of Mulitplayer being added, what is everyone's opinions on that.

<THANKS AUDACIOUS!>
katesith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:08 AM   #8
institutions

Send a message via MSN to institutions

institutions's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Whoo.
I also disliked the first, but looking back it was awesome.
The time trials are the reason I broke the left bumper on my only controller.

If they make it a sandbox game or even just add a Free Roam mode i'll definitely get it.
The only level I still play is the first one because at the end it gives you the option to just play around without the goddamn blue guys trying to kill you.

institutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:21 AM   #9
Dcon6393

dcon6393's Gamercard
I hope it isn't dead. Great game that deserves a sequel. Maybe if EA had some sense not to release it when they did (Holiday '08) it would have got a better reception.

Last edited by Dcon6393; 04-06-2011 at 02:38 AM.
Dcon6393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:22 AM   #10
Autrust

akasha0wolf's Gamercard
I liked mirror's edge because I liked free running. I liked the old faith version though. Now I wondered why she either trimmed her hair or had a haircut.

My opinion on multiplayer: I have same opinions as institutions, but what about the characters in multiplayers? There would be a possibility that you would get to meet other fellow runners in Mirror's Edge 2. Anyone thought about that?
Autrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:30 PM   #11
IEO500

IEO500's Gamercard
Oh well... no point of this forum anymore since we have seen the trailer...