PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
SawFan3
 
SawFan3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 9

SawFan3's Gamercard
which is better red dot or holographic!

I need help figuring out which is better, I know people say its personal preference but I was hoping anyboby had specifics on the two, thanks!
SawFan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:02 PM   #2
MC B0B x360a
 
MC B0B x360a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pittsburgh PA (EST)
Posts: 4,293

MC B0B x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 2   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SawFan3 View Post
I need help figuring out which is better, I know people say its personal preference but I was hoping anyboby had specifics on the two, thanks!
Outside of personal preference, very few guns are effected differently between those two sights. The first one that comes to mind is the m16. It is fact that the m16 fires a tighter burst with the holographic than it does with the red dot sight. I also heard the FAL is effected differntly depending on the sight. I believe the holographic sight on the FAL causes less recoil, but I could very well be wrong, and it might be the red dot site. Other than those two guns I dont know of any differences between the sites outside of personal preference. One thing I have noticed is it seem the holographic sights can sometimes have a "glare" on them which can make it harder to see.
__________________

MC B0B x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:18 PM   #3
mark23
 
mark23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 781

Givo85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC B0B x360a View Post
I also heard the FAL is effected differntly depending on the sight. I believe the holographic sight on the FAL causes less recoil, but I could very well be wrong, and it might be the red dot site.
The holo on FAL makes it a 2 shot kill with stopping where as with the iron sight or RDS i think its a 3 shot kill or more depending on the body part u hit, also the red dot on the FAL isn't centered properly meaning your not actually shooting where the RDS is & also the raffica RDS is like this also.

TO OP apart from the 2 above & the M16 like MC BOB mentioned its all down to personal preference.
__________________



mark23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:29 PM   #4
flashbangandy
 
flashbangandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: South Wales
Posts: 231

Twenty7red's Gamercard
Lol, can't beleive the OP hasn't been flamed yet. A while back a thread with this subject was made every few weeks.

OT - What McBob said.
flashbangandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:48 PM   #5
MC B0B x360a
 
MC B0B x360a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pittsburgh PA (EST)
Posts: 4,293

MC B0B x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 2   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark23 View Post
The holo on FAL makes it a 2 shot kill with stopping where as with the iron sight or RDS i think its a 3 shot kill or more depending on the body part u hit, also the red dot on the FAL isn't centered properly meaning your not actually shooting where the RDS is & also the raffica RDS is like this also.

TO OP apart from the 2 above & the M16 like MC BOB mentioned its all down to personal preference.

Thanks for the clarification. I knew the FAL acted differently but couldnt recall axactly how. Thanks for the tip on the rafficas as I had no idea about the RDS being off center. I know the raffica is an amazing gun, but in 28 days played I have never used them.
__________________

MC B0B x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:00 PM   #6
Necrophage33
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Allentown, Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,274

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC B0B x360a View Post
Thanks for the clarification. I knew the FAL acted differently but couldnt recall axactly how. Thanks for the tip on the rafficas as I had no idea about the RDS being off center. I know the raffica is an amazing gun, but in 28 days played I have never used them.
I don't know that it's because it's off-center; I thought it was because of the idle sway when you aim down sights. For the FAL, anyway. For the Rafficas it does seem to be off. That's why I only ever used them akimbo for close range, since they're pretty reliable.
Necrophage33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:01 PM   #7
Volzagia
 
Volzagia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Posts: 1,671

Volzagia's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Holographic Sight (Personally)
__________________
Volzagia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #8
aDisabledRabbit
 
aDisabledRabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: East of England
Posts: 106

aDisabledRabbit's Gamercard
There really isn't a difference between the two. However, I do tend to go for Holographic Sight.
__________________




Blub Blub Blub.
aDisabledRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:59 PM   #9
MC B0B x360a
 
MC B0B x360a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pittsburgh PA (EST)
Posts: 4,293

MC B0B x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 2   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aDisabledRabbit View Post
There really isn't a difference between the two. However, I do tend to go for Holographic Sight.
Im not sure if you read the first couple posts, but on certain guns there actually is a difference between the two.
__________________

MC B0B x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:25 PM   #10
SawFan3
 
SawFan3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 9

SawFan3's Gamercard
someone told me that the holographic stays during enemy emps but today my team got emp'd and i didnt have my holo sight. i like the look of holo on my acr and seem to do better with it, i just didnt know if there was a difference or not.
SawFan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:48 PM   #11
ImI xDavidx ImI
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Portugal
Posts: 6

ImI xDavidx ImI's Gamercard
I prefer Red dots
ImI xDavidx ImI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:51 PM   #12
loganm223
 
loganm223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: St.Albert, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 650

PanicGull's Gamercard
I use the Holo because i find that the red dot kind of hids the target and the holo just makes it better
__________________





loganm223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:55 PM   #13
MC B0B x360a
 
MC B0B x360a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pittsburgh PA (EST)
Posts: 4,293

MC B0B x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 2   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SawFan3 View Post
someone told me that the holographic stays during enemy emps but today my team got emp'd and i didnt have my holo sight. i like the look of holo on my acr and seem to do better with it, i just didnt know if there was a difference or not.
An EMP will take both sights out.
__________________

MC B0B x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:49 PM   #14
flashbangandy
 
flashbangandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: South Wales
Posts: 231

Twenty7red's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC B0B x360a View Post
An EMP will take both sights out.
I'm pretty sure that the red dot stays active on the TAR during an EMP
flashbangandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:03 AM   #15
aDisabledRabbit
 
aDisabledRabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: East of England
Posts: 106

aDisabledRabbit's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC B0B x360a View Post
Im not sure if you read the first couple posts, but on certain guns there actually is a difference between the two.
Yeah, I know but I just meant on the guns I use sorry. :P
Either way, Holographic is more my style.
__________________




Blub Blub Blub.
aDisabledRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:54 AM   #16
Defiantllama14
 
Defiantllama14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Alabama
Posts: 291

Defiantllama14's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashbangandy View Post
I'm pretty sure that the red dot stays active on the TAR during an EMP
An emp will take out all electronics. Red dots, holographic dots, and killstreaks will all be dysfunctional until the EMP is lifted since they are all electronics based.

Except the F2000's red dot which is stupid.

Last edited by Defiantllama14; 03-08-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Defiantllama14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:07 AM   #17
AFreakinCabbag3
 
AFreakinCabbag3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: England
Posts: 1,716

AFreakinCabbag3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashbangandy View Post
I'm pretty sure that the red dot stays active on the TAR during an EMP
F2000 I think.

__________________


World's First Team to 100% Dungeon Fighter Online
Spelling and grammar? Over-rated!
AFreakinCabbag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:33 AM   #18
flashbangandy
 
flashbangandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: South Wales
Posts: 231

Twenty7red's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFreakinCabbag3 View Post
You got it, my bad.
flashbangandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:56 PM   #19
Majica8
 
Majica8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,141
Send a message via MSN to Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I rarely use either, iron sights are fine for most guns, but if I do use one then it tends to be holographic, I just get along with it better.
__________________

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Majica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:38 PM   #20
Spanish Assault
 
Spanish Assault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 13,052
Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Depends on the the gun. Holo on the M16 and Tar...everything else the Red dot.
__________________
Thanks to Raj for the signature!
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:47 PM   #21
FetusPuncher91
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 193

GluvSideSniper's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC B0B x360a View Post
An EMP will take both sights out.
The red dot stays on the F2000 during an EMP. The only problem with that is the F2000 sucks. It was the longest 2500 kills of any gun I've used so far.
__________________
Retail 1000's:
COD 4
NHL 07
FetusPuncher91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:24 PM   #22
MC B0B x360a
 
MC B0B x360a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pittsburgh PA (EST)
Posts: 4,293

MC B0B x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 2   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FetusPuncher91 View Post
The red dot stays on the F2000 during an EMP. The only problem with that is the F2000 sucks. It was the longest 2500 kills of any gun I've used so far.

Throw on a grenade launcher, with OMA Danger Close, and it becomes a great gun. Personally I dont think the gun is that bad. It is a beast when hip fired in close quarters. If used only on small map, the f2000 can be pretty good.
__________________

MC B0B x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:25 PM   #23
mark23
 
mark23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 781

Givo85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FetusPuncher91 View Post
The red dot stays on the F2000 during an EMP. The only problem with that is the F2000 sucks. It was the longest 2500 kills of any gun I've used so far.
The F2000 IMO is the most underrated gun in the game, people hate on it because up until the F2000 their spoon fed guns that have almost no recoil at all & are very easy to use, at the moment in GW i'm using it with a Holo sight & i personally think it tightens up the bullet spread quite a bit & if you know how to burst fire then this gun even at longer ranges can be deadly if yous'ed right, also the guns a head shot machine, got 50 head shots in 300 kills with it.
__________________




Last edited by mark23; 03-09-2011 at 10:44 PM.
mark23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:52 PM   #24
MC B0B x360a
 
MC B0B x360a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pittsburgh PA (EST)
Posts: 4,293

MC B0B x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 2   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark23 View Post
The F2000 IMO is the most underrated gun in the game, people hate on it because up until the F2000 their spoon fed guns that have almost no recoil at all & are very easy to use, at the moment in GW i'm using it with a Holo sight & i personally think it tightens up the bullet spread quite a bit & if you know how to burst fire then this gun even at longer ranges can be deadly if yous'ed right, also the guns a head shot machine, got 50 head shots in 300 kills with it.
I agree for the most part. It is a headshot machine and its great in closequarter combat. So, yes it is underrated. Even with it being underrated it is still miles behind the other AR's. I would say the TAR is the most similar gun to the F2000, and it beats it in so many categories, except fire rate. Yes you ca burst fire the gun at range, but with other AR's you dont have to. Basically, its not as bad as people make it out to be, but its not a good gun either.
__________________


Last edited by MC B0B x360a; 03-10-2011 at 02:47 AM.
MC B0B x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:41 AM   #25
elementdelta59
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Fort Frolic
Posts: 51

the5thhoarseman's Gamercard
RD all the way!!!
elementdelta59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:54 PM   #26
Necrophage33
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Allentown, Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,274

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC B0B x360a View Post
I agree for the most part. It is a headshot machine and its great in closequarter combat. So, yes it is underrated. Even with it being underrated it is still miles behind the other AR's. I would say the TAR is the most similar gun to the F2000, and it beats it in so many categories, except fire rate. Yes you ca burst fire the gun at range, but with other AR's you dont have to. Basically, its not as bad as people make it out to be, but its not a good gun either.
If the F2000 was listed under SMGs, it wouldn't get nearly as much hate as it does, being in the AR category. If you are used to the M16, or ACR, and then try to use the F2000, you'll think it's the most god-awful gun out there. But if you've been using the MP5 and P90 and then switch to the F2000, you'll find you've got yourself a decent SMG.

Still, I really don't understand why the F2000 unlocks at such a late level. There is nothing about it that merits such a late unlock.
Necrophage33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:42 PM   #27
MC B0B x360a
 
MC B0B x360a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pittsburgh PA (EST)
Posts: 4,293

MC B0B x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 2   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophage33 View Post
If the F2000 was listed under SMGs, it wouldn't get nearly as much hate as it does, being in the AR category. If you are used to the M16, or ACR, and then try to use the F2000, you'll think it's the most god-awful gun out there. But if you've been using the MP5 and P90 and then switch to the F2000, you'll find you've got yourself a decent SMG.

Still, I really don't understand why the F2000 unlocks at such a late level. There is nothing about it that merits such a late unlock.
When you compare to other guns I think it unlocks exactly where it should. I say this because all the good guns unlock early and the shit guns unlock late. All you really need in the game is the fama, ump, rpd, and spas, and they unlock right away. The AK is a level 70 unlock, and I would say its the 6th best AR behind the FAMAS, M16, TAR, SCAR, and ACR.
__________________

MC B0B x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:50 PM   #28
robespirre
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17

robespirre's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophage33 View Post
If the F2000 was listed under SMGs, it wouldn't get nearly as much hate as it does, being in the AR category. If you are used to the M16, or ACR, and then try to use the F2000, you'll think it's the most god-awful gun out there. But if you've been using the MP5 and P90 and then switch to the F2000, you'll find you've got yourself a decent SMG.

Still, I really don't understand why the F2000 unlocks at such a late level. There is nothing about it that merits such a late unlock.
i hate how so many people talk shit on this gun. this is one of the best guns in the game. its great with hipfire. and if you learn how to give it a good burst its like you killed the enemy wit one shot. one thing i notice about this gun is since it has high kick you have to slightly aim down as your shooting. this is one of my favorite guns and i cant stand how people hate on it just because theyre not use to handling recoil

and as for red dot or holo. i choose red dot. although iron sight is always the best.

the reason for red dot is because it takes less off your screen compared to the holographic. the holographic is slightly thicker on the sides. taking some of your view off. also the holo gets a nasty glare in some cases.
robespirre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:13 PM   #29
MC B0B x360a
 
MC B0B x360a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pittsburgh PA (EST)
Posts: 4,293

MC B0B x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 2   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by robespirre View Post
i hate how so many people talk shit on this gun. this is one of the best guns in the game. its great with hipfire. and if you learn how to give it a good burst its like you killed the enemy wit one shot. one thing i notice about this gun is since it has high kick you have to slightly aim down as your shooting. this is one of my favorite guns and i cant stand how people hate on it just because theyre not use to handling recoil

But, all those are also the main arguing points against the F2000. Yes its a decent gun if you can handle recoil, but why handle recoil if you dont have to. There are just oo many other AR's with 0 recoil, so it makes the F2000 obsolete in mw2. IT would be a great gun in Black Ops because the guns have more recoil. Basically, the F2000 isn't as bad as everyone says it is, but there are several better AR's.
__________________


Last edited by MC B0B x360a; 03-15-2011 at 07:53 PM.
MC B0B x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:32 PM   #30
RBmaster9345
 
RBmaster9345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Michigan State University
Posts: 3,019

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I prefer holographic cuz you can see through it just a little bit. Helps when you can see that small section on your screen
RBmaster9345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:41 AM.