Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dragon Age 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-09-2011, 08:44 PM   #61
ImmortalArbiter

ImmortalArbiter's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Did you have all of the items in your inventory at the same time, or had you used some while crafting? That could be it, too.

ImmortalArbiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:46 PM   #62
KriugerisLT

Kr1ug3ris's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalArbiter View Post
Did you have all of the items in your inventory at the same time, or had you used some while crafting? That could be it, too.
Items are not used upon crafting something. Once you get a resource, it stays there forever. It only costs coints to make potions, poisons... etc..

And FYI, they're not in your inventory.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:49 PM   #63
InfiniteRefrain

InfiniteRefrain's Gamercard
Mighty Offense Potion: Sundermount Act II (2 Elfroot, 2 Embrium)

It's actual location is on the top of Sundermount -- after exit the cave like you are going back towards the altar, turn to the right and it is located in the with the pile of bones [or corpse]

Any idea on the location of the Rock Armor potion? - I have torn Lowtown apart. Also does it appear after a certain quest has been finished?

Thanks

SO:TLH drinking game, 'Kay? *slight spoilers*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielRoyLivall View Post
The rules are simple enough. Every time Lymle says 'Kay?', Drink. It's really the only way to get through the game with your sanity still intact. I swear I would happily kill off this child if I could. I wouldn't recommend straight shots though, 'kay?
InfiniteRefrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:56 PM   #64
Aqua18

Aquatic Neon's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteRefrain View Post
Mighty Offense Potion: Sundermount Act II (2 Elfroot, 2 Embrium)

It's actual location is on the top of Sundermount -- after exit the cave like you are going back towards the altar, turn to the right and it is located in the with the pile of bones [or corpse]

Any idea on the location of the Rock Armor potion? - I have torn Lowtown apart. Also does it appear after a certain quest has been finished?

Thanks
I need this one as well and I'm in ACT III is it too late? Also I Need the Elixedr of Herbalism too... Also where can you find Felandaris? I have the codex but none in inventory?
Aqua18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:59 PM   #65
Aqua18

Aquatic Neon's Gamercard

Quote:
Exorcist 25
Found and killed the undying Xebenkeck

You must do the Forbidden Knowledge side quest in Act II. If you spared Idunna’s life during the ‘Enemies Among Us’ quest, you will find the letter at the Writing Desk in your estate. If Idunna died, interact with an evil tome in the Chantry or Viscount Keep to start the quest. You must find a total of 5 evil tomes (2 in Kirkwall and 3 in Free Marches), unless you started the quest via the latter option, then you only need to find four. When you interact with each tome, you MUST choose the option to destroy it.

Evil Tome Locations
- The Chantry
- Viscount’s Keep
- Free Marches: Tome #1 –On the far east side of the Bone Pits, you will find an entrance to a Cave.
- Free Marches: Tome #2 – Found in the Dank Cave of the Wounded Coast. Head west from the main entrance area and take the first southern path to the South that isn’t an immediate dead end. The entrance to the Dank Cave is on your left.
- Free Marches: Tome #3 – The final secret tome can be found in the Abandoned Thaig. You can access this via the “Recently Opened Passage” near the western exit from Sundermount.

After destroying all five evil tomes, travel to Darktown and enter the Evil Pit. Make sure you have a rogue with you as you will need one to unlock a door. You need to progress through the lair to find the Fell Grimoire. Finalize your party and prepare for battle. Interact with the Fell Grimoire and read it for two attribute points. You will now fight Xebenkeck and his minions. Emerge victorious for the achievement.
I have the chantry, viscounts keep, tome 1, and tome 3. How and when can you get number 2 the two caves that are where you decribed have caravans blocking them in ACT III...
Old 03-09-2011, 09:12 PM   #66
InfiniteRefrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua18 View Post
I have the chantry, viscounts keep, tome 1, and tome 3. How and when can you get number 2 the two caves that are where you decribed have caravans blocking them in ACT III...

Take the upper path and head towards the left of the screen -- it will be on the left side wall of one of the south-facing off shoots -- think it the second or third

Quote:
The rules are simple enough. Every time Lymle says 'Kay?', Drink. It's really the only way to get through the game with your sanity still intact. I swear I would happily kill off this child if I could. I wouldn't recommend straight shots though, 'kay?
Old 03-09-2011, 09:13 PM   #67
FSparacino4

im boomheadshot's Gamercard

Try going back upon completing the game Aqua.
FSparacino4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:16 PM   #68
Aqua18

Aquatic Neon's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSparacino4 View Post
Try going back upon completing the game Aqua.
I haven't beat it yet I'm trying not to miss anything but I'm sure i have it's like impossible to find everything without the guide being complete.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:28 PM   #69
Aqua18

Aquatic Neon's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteRefrain View Post
Take the upper path and head towards the left of the screen -- it will be on the left side wall of one of the south-facing off shoots -- think it the second or third
I found four caves around the area which are all blocked off what am I missing?
Old 03-09-2011, 09:51 PM   #70
A Shoe In

DontTubeMeBrah's Gamercard
Quote:
That Thing Has Legs 25
Found and killed a varterral

After completing the main plot quest ‘Blackpowder Courtesy’, seek out Merrill at her home and agree to help her. NOTE: She must be in your active party to gain access to this quest. Next, talk to Keeper Marrethari to start ‘Honoring the Fallen’. Take the path to the left of the Keeper to the Varterral Hunting Grounds, where you will eventually encounter the Varterral. It is very quick for his size, so use abilities to slow it. Watch out for its AoE ability as it has a tendency to deplete your party’s HP quickly.
I was wondering what chapter this was in because there's a quest that sounds vaguely similar in Act I that had to do with the Qunari that I had already passed and figured I'd just pick this up on another paythrough, but as I'm in Act II now I see it as a quest.. so is this the quest that I am waiting for?
A Shoe In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:59 PM   #71
FSparacino4

There are multiple quests in the Blackpowder chain. The one you want is Blackpowder Courtesy in Act II, yes
Old 03-09-2011, 10:38 PM   #72
InfiniteRefrain

Quote:
I found four caves around the area which are all blocked off what am I missing?

then you might have had to complete it during Act II then

-------------------
Demon Slayer Found and killed the ancient demon, Hybris

In order to begin this quest, you must collect three scrolls and complete the respective aspect quests:
Wounded Coast:If entering the Wounded Coast from the main entrance, head down the dead end to the South of the entrance.
Sundermount: Can be found behind a wall to the South of the Sundermount Cavern entrance.
Sundermount: Found on the path leading from the Sundermount’s main entrance to the Dalish elf camp.

After finding the three scrolls and completing their associated quests, you will unlock the journal entry for Awiergan Scrolls: Pride Unbound’. You must now head to the Hidden Dungeon in Darktown, marked on the map as Hidden Lair. It can be found in the northeast part of town, south of the clinic.

* Any more precise locations for these, and their quests? Also what act was this in? I am currently in Act II and on the Wounded Coast location there was only a pile of bones with a loot item.

Quote:
Old 03-09-2011, 10:50 PM   #73
Aqua18

Aquatic Neon's Gamercard

The guide says any ACT
Old 03-09-2011, 10:52 PM   #74
FSparacino4

i believe it is any act as when i got them nothing suggested i couldnt return to this location if anyone can clarify it would be great
Old 03-09-2011, 11:01 PM   #75
Aqua18

Aquatic Neon's Gamercard

Quote:
i believe it is any act as when i got them nothing suggested i couldnt return to this location if anyone can clarify it would be great
Oh yeah well I have no idea.. This Archeologist achievement I have
3/4 act 1
3/4 act 2
1/4 act 3

I have been searching everywhere but only found one of the Books/Notes in the Justice Quest
So I really need the one in the Gamblins Treasure quest and looked everywhere anything on this would help me so much It's got me really stuck..
Old 03-09-2011, 11:06 PM   #76
FSparacino4

Quote:
Oh yeah well I have no idea.. This Archeologist achievement I have
3/4 act 1
3/4 act 2
1/4 act 3

I have been searching everywhere but only found one of the Books/Notes in the Justice Quest
So I really need the one in the Gamblins Treasure quest and looked everywhere anything on this would help me so much It's got me really stuck..
I am pretty sure I have a save right before the Justice quest. I am working at the moment, but will confirm where I got them when I get home. I have alot of guide updating to do tonight.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:11 PM   #77
Aqua18

Aquatic Neon's Gamercard

Okay sounds good, but if you or anyone has found the one in the Gamblins Treasure mission please post because you have to travel a lot and so I have just no idea where it could be.

Is it in the Sink Cave at the end of the quest?

Last edited by Aqua18; 03-09-2011 at 11:14 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:15 PM   #78
JDMBO1

JDMBO1's Gamercard

I understand the guide you gave for the Archeologist, but I mean a video would be very helpful. I read that somewhere you weren't sure if everything in your game was the same as others, but a video on these might be more helpful then playing guess work. I do know that it'd be trifling if it was all for not, but to have a general understand where it is, or even what they look like for that matter is beneficial. I do hope you understand that this is my "two cents" on the matter, and not a complaint
Old 03-09-2011, 11:26 PM   #79
scrummers

scrummers's Gamercard
So the demon slayer Quest i think can only be started in act 2. But IDK maybe i'm not coming in the main entrance. But there is nothing there. Also in act 2 the map in the strategy guide says there is a new codex that's suppose to show up. But idk what it is on in the deeps roads in Act 1 right now.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:30 PM   #80
InfiniteRefrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMBO1 View Post
I understand the guide you gave for the Archeologist, but I mean a video would be very helpful. I read that somewhere you weren't sure if everything in your game was the same as others, but a video on these might be more helpful then playing guess work. I do know that it'd be trifling if it was all for not, but to have a general understand where it is, or even what they look like for that matter is beneficial. I do hope you understand that this is my "two cents" on the matter, and not a complaint
By going against my previous saves, his locations match up where I found them

Quote:
Old 03-09-2011, 11:31 PM   #81
FSparacino4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMBO1 View Post
The reason I did a picture guide was because I get upload error messages when I try to upload videos to Youtube so this is the alternative.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:33 PM   #82
Aqua18

Aquatic Neon's Gamercard

Quote:
The reason I did a picture guide was because I get upload error messages when I try to upload videos to Youtube so this is the alternative.
Do you have them all? Did you get the achievement? And do you know where the one is in the gamblins treasure quest?? I looked in that smelly fish place erveywhere, also the sink cave, gamblins house, docks, night/day lowtown.... everywhere are you sure its during that quest?

Last edited by Aqua18; 03-09-2011 at 11:36 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:37 PM   #83
scrummers

scrummers's Gamercard
Also for the Supplier achievement in the stragety guide it says find all possible crafting ingredients during your travels. So i am guessing as people have been saying you need to find all the ingredients. Which is stupid considering you don't need 9 of anything to make a potions. Lame cause i have missed a few
Old 03-09-2011, 11:40 PM   #84
JDMBO1

JDMBO1's Gamercard

Quote:
I don't mind either way it's just better on me to have visuals because I get frustrated with whether or not the thing I'm looking for is right in front of me

Edit: can you miss these or can you retrieve them at any point in time? I'm assuming the answer to my question is a no, I hope not.

Last edited by JDMBO1; 03-10-2011 at 12:01 AM.
JDMBO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:04 AM   #85
ImmortalArbiter

ImmortalArbiter's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrummers View Post
Also for the Supplier achievement in the stragety guide it says find all possible crafting ingredients during your travels. So i am guessing as people have been saying you need to find all the ingredients. Which is stupid considering you don't need 9 of anything to make a potions. Lame cause i have missed a few
Dang, that's what we had feared. Add another missable to the list

ImmortalArbiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:07 AM   #86
TaulPaul15

TPaul HOLLA's Gamercard
So I can't seem to find an answer to this. Does siding with the templars in Crowning Glory effect the Arcane Defender achievement? Is it one of the five i need for the templar achieve? I plan on siding with the mages first time through but would like to get them both in one go.
TaulPaul15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:13 AM   #87
FSparacino4

There are 7 chances to side with either group. So picking templars at the end still allows you to get both achievements.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:13 AM   #88
scrummers

scrummers's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaulPaul15 View Post
So I can't seem to find an answer to this. Does siding with the templars in Crowning Glory effect the Arcane Defender achievement? Is it one of the five i need for the templar achieve? I plan on siding with the mages first time through but would like to get them both in one go.
No it doesn't. There are 7 Quest where you choose Mage or Templars so you will probl get it if you also side with the mages before the final quest.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:17 AM   #89
scrummers

scrummers's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalArbiter View Post
Dang, that's what we had feared. Add another missable to the list

Yeah and if it is the case. The description is very misleading cause is says every variety. Which would lead me to believe that that's just one of every type. But it might also just be glitched. Hopefully someone will find out.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:37 AM   #90
InfiniteRefrain

Quote:
I need this one as well and I'm in ACT III is it too late? Also I Need the Elixedr of Herbalism too... Also where can you find Felandaris? I have the codex but none in inventory?
They do not show up in the inventory this time. The only way to know if you have gotten them is go to the specific crafting vendor. If you have the codex for the item, then you have it.

Quote: