PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Hard Corps: Uprising
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-19-2011, 08:43 AM   #1
RonanN1

Send a message via Yahoo to RonanN1

RonanN1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Exclamation Japanese/US versions? I'm confused!

Hello,

Guys, this might sound crazy (or stupid) but I got 2 messages on XBL:

Quote:
Hello, players of Hard Corps in the xbox360achievement.org forum. It pains me to bring this to your attentionp, but this game contains only 1 achievement. Let's do this thing right! Everything else is fake. The game cannot be completed if outside Japan.
and

Quote:
What Itš the truth. Nobody ever finished Hard Corps: Uprising. It is 100% impossible.
Oki. I understand that this game is very challenging but what's with Japan?

And then, this morning, I spoted this comment on a youtube video:

Quote:
WARNING: This game is terrible. Arcade Mode cannot be completed. The following achievements doesn't exist in the US version beceause you cannot complete them if you are not Japanese: Stage Clear All Clear Decorated Soldier Burning Spirit You can never play too much. The Strongest Warrior Innate Guerilla Warfare Disposable Warrior World Peace The definition of a warrior! I'll make them pay... Konami made this official finalization that the game wasn't tested upon it's release.
...now can you please explain what the hell is going on? I'm confused!
Quote:
The following achievements doesn't exist in the US version beceause you cannot complete them if you are not Japanese
- again, Japanese.

Quote:
Konami made this official
- oki, where? I searched everywhere and I did not find it.

RonanN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:32 AM   #2
Taiyz

Taiyz's Gamercard
Well considering that I have Stage Clear unlocked, and haven't had ANY issues with the game at all...

I'd say that it's all nonsense.

There was a similar issue with The King of Fighters: Sky Stage. Some people were claiming that one achievement was missing from non-Japanese releases of the game...

But that was completely untrue! When I checked the achievement list on launch it had every one there, and people have had no issues unlocking achievements.

I really don't get where these rumours come from.

Taiyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:45 AM   #3
cra

Send a message via ICQ to cra

cra x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
guess it is just a stereotypical thinking that only japanese hard core gamers are able to complete this game due to skill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asturgis
And always listen to Cra, his guides are absolutely badass
Guides: Ninja Blade, The Saboteur, Bayonetta, Alien Breed Ep1, AvP, Supreme Commander 2,N3 2, Legends of Troy, Half-Minute Hero:SMNC, Gatling Gears(most likely)
cra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:48 AM   #4
GDMFS0AB

Mad Hectic's Gamercard
Yeh man, it's just some n00b kid spouting his dislikes and n00b-ness about the game in the only format he can or thinks people will listen, Youtube! Stupid kid.
GDMFS0AB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:42 PM   #5
Todaysforgotten

Todaysforgotten's Gamercard
Dude, this happens all the time. They or just he will say things like. This game is unrealistic therefor its not possible to beat. Since there are powerups its not a true contra...its just his propaganda bullshit to rile people up.
Todaysforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:39 PM   #6
RonanN1

Send a message via Yahoo to RonanN1

RonanN1's Gamercard

Phew! - not I understand, thank you for you answers. I thought there was an issue or something

Game on!

please.

RonanN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:13 PM   #7
Taiyz

Taiyz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todaysforgotten View Post
Dude, this happens all the time. They or just he will say things like. This game is unrealistic therefor its not possible to beat. Since there are powerups its not a true contra...its just his propaganda bullshit to rile people up.
Well technically it's NOT a true Contra; it's an evolution. This is really a game-changer for both Conta and ARC System Works. Kenji Yamamoto, the producer, would like to turn Hard Corps into its own franchise...

And I think the game is better for that. Stuff like Strafing and Lock-Aim are great ideas, and the fighting game-inspired abilities and dashing are a ton of fun. The character designs are also pretty kickass (I'm not a big fan of Contra's old action movie-inspired bad dudes I'd like to see some of these characters in BlazBlue or Guilty Gear, personally.

I'm sure some day Konami will release Contra 5; I mean, although it probably didn't sell as well as the others, I hear Contra 4 on the DS was pretty amazing.

What grinds me gears though, is when people say WHAT YOU HAVE HEALTH OMG HARD CORPS IS SO EASY

But you know what? I think ASW ratcheted up the difficulty to compensate. Sure the recovery items save your ass more times than a 1-Ups might (and they make beating Arcade Mode without dying significantly easier,) but I think they work perfectly in context.

I think they should release a free DLC character with 1 health by default to shut up those people, though (also so that we can figure out how much Protector C actually costs!)

Last edited by Taiyz; 02-19-2011 at 09:30 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:14 PM   #8
Valas Phoenix

Valas Phoenix's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonanN1 View Post
Hello,

Guys, this might sound crazy (or stupid) but I got 2 messages on XBL:

and

Oki. I understand that this game is very challenging but what's with Japan?

And then, this morning, I spoted this comment on a youtube video:

...now can you please explain what the hell is going on? I'm confused!
- again, Japanese.

- oki, where? I searched everywhere and I did not find it.
I had recived the same message on XBL (the first one ), btw i've got 4 achievement 'till now... so, maybe it's only a speculation, really don't know
Valas Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:11 PM   #9
Kyai

Kyai's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cra View Post
guess it is just a stereotypical thinking that only japanese hard corps gamers are able to complete this game due to skill
Fixed it.

....no, I couldn't resist the temptation. >.> Puns ftw.

Kyai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:53 PM   #10
Helg0r

toxik helg0r's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze
Just let me guess - it was from that EisenFaustZeta guy?

Everytime a game like this or Guwange/Deathsmiles/Sky Stage gets released he trolls every possible website (this includes youtube / wikis / forums) saying that all achievements are unobtainable outside Japan, that only Japanese gamers can get those, that it has been confirmed by the devs and similar shit. I don't know this guy is just plain retarded and needs to compensate somehow for his own pathetic abilities.

Just ignore him.

Seringue Absorption Torture Alienation Nihilism
e
Helg0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:12 AM   #11
F Swan

Ferocious Swan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helg0r View Post
Just let me guess - it was from that EisenFaustZeta guy?

Everytime a game like this or Guwange/Deathsmiles/Sky Stage gets released he trolls every possible website (this includes youtube / wikis / forums) saying that all achievements are unobtainable outside Japan, that only Japanese gamers can get those, that it has been confirmed by the devs and similar shit. I don't know this guy is just plain retarded and needs to compensate somehow for his own pathetic abilities.

Just ignore him.
Yeah I think I saw him post about Sky Stage on x360a about the true boss achievement.
F Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 03:53 AM   #12
xtkbilly

Send a message via Skype™ to xtkbilly

xtkbillydo's Gamercard
He's probably just trolling and being racist (assuming all Japanese gamers are good at this sort of game, and therefore, only the Japanese are actually capable of getting it).

This is how games should be rated:
  • Absolute Buy - This game should be bought and owned in every house.
  • Absolute Play - Every gamer should play this game at some point in life.
  • Give it a try Fun enough for people to like it, but probably won't last through the years.
  • Possible Try/Rent If you thought about playing this, go for it. Keep it only if you love it.
  • Never Play Unless you absolute want to or you love bad games, don't bother playing.
xtkbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:00 PM   #13
Taiyz

Taiyz's Gamercard
Guess what time it is!

That's right, it's time for the Hall of Shame.

This time around we've got AceOfVoiceover shamelessly lying through her teeth:

I replied, casually explaining that she's been mislead and that what she's saying is untrue. I got this in return,

Again, I explain that she's wrong, ask her to stop spreading false information, and even gave her some tips for Arachne! I then received two messages in a row:

(Apparently Japanese players outside of Japan aren't up to snuff. Maybe they receive an environment bonus to their Contra stat from their own soil.)

Considering her persistence and, now rudeness, I told her that I would not reply to her again.

I will note that all of my responses contained no objectionable language and were purposefully calm and helpful, with the final one merely being stern and to-the-point.

So there you have it. I don't know what goes through the heads of these people, but they're out there, and they're certainly unruly.

Old 03-27-2011, 12:21 AM   #14
cra

Send a message via ICQ to cra

cra x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
yep that idiot messaged me two weeks ago concerning the same shit. i believe that person isn't able to read and watch achievements as i got 11 of 12 in hard corps AND i am not even living in the u.s.

whatever, told that person to fuck off...can't believe that some people actually fall for those stupid messages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asturgis
And always listen to Cra, his guides are absolutely badass
Guides: Ninja Blade, The Saboteur, Bayonetta, Alien Breed Ep1, AvP, Supreme Commander 2,N3 2, Legends of Troy, Half-Minute Hero:SMNC, Gatling Gears(most likely)
cra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 04:22 AM   #15
Taiyz

Taiyz's Gamercard
And at the time I had more achievements than what they claimed were obtainable. Forget which message, but I mentioned it in one.

Old 03-27-2011, 12:35 PM   #16
WilRonward

ForGreatJustice's Gamercard
Wow, looks like that kid just needs to convince himself (and everyone else) that the game is unfinishable just because he can't do it...

Talk about denial!
Old 03-30-2011, 06:17 AM   #17
Mr MobKiLLer

Yeah it is just some idiot troll. I can't recall his name but I've seen that exact style of retarded grammar from this moron on gamefaqs posting a bunch of non-sense in the same fashion on just about every game that comes out.
Mr MobKiLLer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:49 PM   #18
I CR0W I

I CR0W I's Gamercard
This is confusing as hell. What do they gain from this? Do they find it funny? I'm seriously baffled. Fuck this gay earth.
DORITOS DASH OF DESTRUCTION

I AM GR8 @ GAEMS
I CR0W I is offline   Reply With Quote