Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-23-2013, 04:15 PM   #1
metalzine

metalzine's Gamercard
Anyone use lovefilm for game rentals?

First off apologies if this had been posted before.

I have been with lovefilm for game rentals for 3 years now and have used several types of subscription packages on what they over etc. I'am currently on there top package for 3 discs a month unlimited (one being a blu-ray).

Now blu-ray aside that's been great on getting what I want. I have my rental list for my games and have been "lucky" on getting what I REALLY wanna play about 5 times, recently getting MGS Rising and Alien CM (booo).

This obv depends on what you wanna play, now I'm not saying lovefilm are bad, I mainly use it as I can't always afford the 40+ for a game that potentialy I could hate and I have been sent a lot of games that I generally liked to play and had my eye on and some of them I glad I didn't buy therefore saving money.

Does anyone else use lovefilm and please let me know on your experience with them
Old 05-23-2013, 04:20 PM   #2
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
I used them in the past a couple of times and have never had a issue with them. The rule is; you get what you're given.

It's that simply. If you want a new release, you have to take into mind that there will also be a lot more people wanting that game and they'll only have a set amount to send out. So it's luck of the draw. I've been lucky sometimes and others I haven't.

Overall, I was happy with their services and can't complain!

Current Gamerscore: GAMERTAG
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #3
metalzine

metalzine's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
If you want a new release, you have to take into mind that there will also be a lot more people wanting that game and they'll only have a set amount to send out. So it's luck of the draw. I've been lucky sometimes and others I haven't.
I totally agree, that's why I've been lucky in the past. I think that's why a lot of people complain and unsubscribe etc
Old 05-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #4
metalzine

metalzine's Gamercard
One thing I forgot to add is that if theses a game that you REALLY wanna play then add separate rental lists with just that game on. Apparently it works but takes a little longer to get by a day or two
Old 05-23-2013, 09:33 PM   #5
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalzine View Post
I have been with lovefilm for game rentals for 3 years now and have used several types of subscription packages on what they over etc. I'am currently on there top package for 3 discs a month unlimited (one being a blu-ray).
You mean 3 discs at a time unlimited rentals

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalzine View Post

Does anyone else use lovefilm and please let me know on your experience with them
I'm on the 2 discs at a time unlimited rentals (not games), including instant.

They are great, post DVD's on a Monday, new ones Wednesday, post Thursday morning new ones Saturday.

I emailed them last due to people being able to rate a film that's not even released in the cinema, and they said they can't stop it but give me a bonus DVD

I may do the games one soon, only for Specs Op The line and 007 Legends as they are short to finish the story in a month, so 5 extra, then revert back to my package of 9.99 a month.

Last edited by cjdavies; 05-23-2013 at 09:36 PM.
cjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:45 PM   #6
TheShadowKws84

TheShadowKws84's Gamercard
It looks like they offer a better deal than GameFly. I tried to sign up for their 30 day trial but it wouldn't recognize my postal code. :-/

http://www.facebook.com/mrjones1984
TheShadowKws84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:02 PM   #7
tottenham29
Subscribing Member

tottenham29's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I've been with lovefilm for a few months now and I have no complaints really. I'm impressed with how quickly they send you games but just lately I haven't been receiving games on my list which are high priority even though they are older titles. Sometimes this works well though when I get a game I wasn't sure about but end up really liking.

tottenham29 is offline   Reply With Quote